• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I hear that Undertale is suddenly getting some Smash banter because the whole ****ing sequel got leaked harder than the ESRB.
Leaked?

Didn't Toby Fox just straight up post the game and say "Guys, play dis."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I really gotta be careful tomorrow. I can try to watch the Direct on mobile but I'll have to constantly swap between classes to catch snippets at a time. Social media will be a ***** too, one wrong move and some dude spoils it in front of my eyeballs.

Leaked?

Didn't Toby Fox just straight up post the game and say "Guys, play dis."
Nah I heard word got out a little earlier pre-"surprise" but I'm no Undertale fan so whatever.

It's almost time. Here we ****in go.
Unless we time traveled to 10 hours from now I got no idea what you're tryna do

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
As long as it pretends Kingdom Hearts III doesn't exist, I'm game
What's so bad about KHIII?

KH3 Sora would actually be preferable over KH2 Sora in my opinion. There's just so much more he can do. Flowmotion, Shotlocks, Magic, Attraction Flow, Keyblade Transformations, etc. He could have a really fun moveset based on filling the Command Gauge and then using magic finishers/Keyblade Transformations based on his combos. And that's just one idea. There's so much they can do with him.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

KH3 Sora would actually be preferable over KH2 Sora in my opinion. There's just so much more he can do. Flowmotion, Shotlocks, Magic, Attraction Flow, Keyblade Transformations, etc. He could have a really fun moveset based on filling the Command Gauge and then using magic finishers/Keyblade Transformations based on his combos. And that's just one idea. There's so much they can do with him.
Well, consider this:
1. KH3 is still relatively new and fresh
2. "What do you mean Mecha Fiora is a spoiler?"

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
So, when do we estimate to hit 6969? I can probably stay in here for another 3 hours, but nothing more.

Vasculio

Smash Cadet
I bet nobody is going to bed tonight. Just going to burns hours on the smashboard dreaming about who the last annouced characters will be.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Another update from Vergeben, he now is saying all his sources claim the Square Enix character is in (though he still doesn't know if it's DLC or not), he reiterates that he doesn't the exact number of newcomers left in the base game, and that one of his sources seen that claimed leaked video going around with a non-Incineroar Nintendo newcomer. He didn't say anything more about Isaac however. The source

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Not making it to page 6969, I leave this image's reposting up to you.

nicegrinch.png

Godspeed.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Despite Nomura's sudden fetish for plaid, KH3 Sora's design is my favorite, bar none.

It's just so minimalistic and easy on the eyes.
Simple and clean, you could say.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I can't help but feel like at the very end of the direct, Sakurai is going to give us one- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFVj0Z6ahcI

We'll never see it coming.
i'm sorry, but i love this one.
I have a love hate relationship with this song, because on one hand I love it.

But on the other hand, this is like the only fight song (besides boss fights and Mementos boss fights), so I've heard it so many ****ing times.

Joker is my ****ing dream character though.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Another update from Vergeben, he now is saying all his sources claim the Square Enix character is in (though he still doesn't know if it's DLC or not), he reiterates that he doesn't the exact number of newcomers left in the base game, and that one of his sources seen that claimed leaked video going around with a non-Incineroar Nintendo newcomer. He didn't say anything more about Isaac however. The source
Some kind of Minecraft content will be present, but the vagueness of this makes me wonder not just what it will be, but when it would be added now that we are down to the wire.

Yeah okay buddy let's just pretend you didn't say Steve was in last month.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How will you guys react if as the Direct is about to begin. It suddenly starts with Sakurai stating "We've decided to move the Direct to the first week of December. See you until then".

I can honestly imagine you all going "FFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCC-"

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
No matter what happens, I'm going to be hyped either way. Just getting more characters means a lot even if they're not necessarily the ones we want or expect.

I already lost my most-wanted in Toad, and Wonder Red and Sami don't have the greatest chances at all, so I've already personally accepted that disappointment and am just excited for whatever comes. We're still going to get 70+ characters in this game either way, which is insane.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Ok last chance to pick a side and im going with #TeamReal. I just refuse to believe someone that talented would not only go through all this trouble for a fake leak but also risk his job for a smash bros leak. It's very possible im underestimating the lengths people go to troll but i hope not lol,

And also with me personally not liking any of the banner characters other then "mach rider" i want the banner to be real because it frees up TONS of dlc space. If Geno Issac and Banjo aren't base game they then are prime dlc choices, But if they already in then it makes more room for the characters i do want
(Dixie/Shantae/Sora)

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Starting to wonder if we'll get another 21 pages before the direct

We were doing so well earlier

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Some kind of Minecraft content will be present, but the vagueness of this makes me wonder not just what it will be, but when it would be added now that we are down to the wire.

Yeah okay buddy let's just pretend you didn't say Steve was in last month.
He never did, that was an entirely different leaker. His only comment on Steve was that the leaker claiming Steve is someone legitimate he has shared sources with in the past, and the Minecraft content could possibly include a playable character but ultimately didn't know what it entailed at all.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Anyone know how to keep the direct unspoiled? I can't watch it live, and I would hate to have it spoiled because of youtube thumbnails...

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I’ve been trying to sleep for the past few hours yet I’m completely awake. This excitement is insane.

Just gonna leave another prediction though: if the first trailer starts with Link and Shulk, its Isaac. If it starts with any Pokemon rep, it’s Incineroar. That should be obvious but yeah.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Oh, my bad. I've never played either Super Mario RPG or Golden Sun. I was playing Sonic during the SMRPG days and Star Ocean 3 during the Golden Sun days
Geno is going to be awesome in this game, and you can believe that ;)

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Starting to wonder if we'll get another 21 pages before the direct

We were doing so well earlier
Yeah but now it's late and people are going to bed.

We've got to make 21 pages ourselves I guess.
I mean, I do really love this song, but it unfortunately got a bit repetitive for me, since you hear it during every random encounter in the game...
Ok but imagine it playing in a Yu Narukami reveal trailer (While he's not Joker, I will campaign for him as well, and I'd love to see him get in).

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Anyone know how to keep the direct unspoiled? I can't watch it live, and I would hate to have it spoiled because of youtube thumbnails...
Don't go on the internet.
Don't talk to people.
Don't overhear other people's conversations.

Basically, turn into a turtle.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

BREATH IN
please be Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom