• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Well jeez thanks for the idea fellas

Mammal: :ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ultganondorf::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultness::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultryu::ultsamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:

Reptile: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultcorrin::ultkrool::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley::ultyoshi:

Bird: :ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultkingdedede::ultsamus::ultzss:

Amphibian: :ultgreninja:

Invertebrate: :ultinkling::ultdarksamus:

Not organic: :ultmegaman::ultrob:
Unnatural organism: :ultbayonetta::ultrosalina::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit:

What: :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultolimar:
Yoshi is a dinosaur. So he would fall under bird.

It can be safely assumed that Bayonetta and Rosalina were born like any other human. So they're mammals.

Inklings are squids, so they can't be mammals. Adding to that all mammals are vertebrates.

And considering that all Pokemon come from eggs and all the reptilian characters can survive the cold just fine.... LOL

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So how many are doing the guess ten challenge mostly out of grinch? Cause I am no different.

1) Ken
2) Shadow
3) Geno
4) Mach Rider
5) Kos MOs
6) Isaac
7) chorus kids
8) Banko Kazooie
9) skull kid
10) Bonk. Because I will die on this hill. (Sorry Incineroar)

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
So, Melee with more cutscenes?
Honestly I'd be pretty happy with this. The Smash cutscenes are the closest we have to shows/movies for a lot of these beloved characters. Remember all the 'why doesn't Nintendo just make this anime and print money' comments on the Palutena reveal?

SirMouse

Smash Rookie
NNID
SirMouse
My cat’s health suddenly took a turn for the worse early this morning, and within an hour and a half, I was walking out of the vet with a euthanised cat in tow. And now I’m just...really looking forward to the direct. For some excitement. For some more news from my favorite game series.

And you know, as tough as it is to go through putting a pet down, that could never compare to losing a friend or family member, which can be made especially bitter when they were video game fans, or outright looking forward to Ultimate (that guy’s brother who died of cancer shortly after getting the chance to play Ultimate, as well as a Redditor who made a post yesterday about the sudden loss of his sister both come to mind).

And regardless of what ends up being revealed tomorrow, any disappointments or character dreams left unrealized could never compare to real-life losses, so with that in mind, I ask a few simple things:

If your most-wanted character is deconfirmed tomorrow, be disappointed, but don’t let that disappointment sour the rest of your hype for the game.

And if your most-wanted character is confirmed, don’t use that as a chance to say “I TOLD YOU SO” to strangers on the internet, as if that’s the reason why you wanted that character in the first place. Instead, simply celebrate your dream being realized along with others who feel the same as you do.

If a leak, or insider, or expectation people have chosen to put faith in is proven wrong, don’t use that as an opportunity to rub anything in anyone’s face, as if your own expectations were anything more than speculation and hope like everyone else’s.

But above all, let’s just be thankful that we will be there to enjoy tomorrow, remembering that - regardless of what is revealed - we will be getting 40 minutes of brand-new Smash info and character reveals, which will do nothing but add to an already-stellar lineup of characters, modes, stages, and music.

I firmly believe Sakurai will be giving it his all to make this an amazing direct, and so long as we maintain the proper perspective, we have every reason to be very excited.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I'd be pretty happy with this. The Smash cutscenes are the closest we have to shows/movies for a lot of these beloved characters. Remember all the 'why doesn't Nintendo just make this anime and print money' comments on the Palutena reveal?
I remember that one. Yes, we need a Nintendo anime made by Shaft, there's no way it will end with a disaster.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
My cat’s health suddenly took a turn for the worse early this morning, and within an hour and a half, I was walking out of the vet with a euthanised cat in tow. And now I’m just...really looking forward to the direct. For some excitement. For some more news from my favorite game series.

And you know, as tough as it is to go through putting a pet down, that could never compare to losing a friend or family member, which can be made especially bitter when they were video game fans, or outright looking forward to Ultimate (that guy’s brother who died of cancer shortly after getting the chance to play Ultimate, as well as a Redditor who made a post yesterday about the sudden loss of his sister both come to mind).

And regardless of what ends up being revealed tomorrow, any disappointments or character dreams left unrealized could never compare to real-life losses, so with that in mind, I ask a few simple things:

If your most-wanted character is deconfirmed tomorrow, be disappointed, but don’t let that disappointment sour the rest of your hype for the game.

And if your most-wanted character is confirmed, don’t use that as a chance to say “I TOLD YOU SO” to strangers on the internet, as if that’s the reason why you wanted that character in the first place. Instead, simply celebrate your dream being realized along with others who feel the same as you do.

If a leak, or insider, or expectation people have chosen to put faith in is proven wrong, don’t use that as an opportunity to rub anything in anyone’s face, as if your own expectations were anything more than speculation and hope like everyone else’s.

But above all, let’s just be thankful that we will be there to enjoy tomorrow, remembering that - regardless of what is revealed - we will be getting 40 minutes of brand-new Smash info and character reveals, which will do nothing but add to an already-stellar lineup of characters, modes, stages, and music.

I firmly believe Sakurai will be giving it his all to make this an amazing direct, and so long as we maintain the proper perspective, we have every reason to be very excited.
That's sad. My condolences
Have a hug.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I'd like to remind everybody that we have nothing to be disappointed about. In this Smash game, we're getting everything.
-Nearly every stage, ever
-Every character, ever
-Ridley, Daisy, Inkling, King K. Rool, etc.
-Melee and Smash 4 air dodge
-It's portable and a console
-Flat stages and Battlefield stages for everything
- HD
-Gamecube controllers

And what are we really asking for? Nothing worth throwing a fit over. We're asking for
-Geno
-Ken
-Isaac
-Dixie Kong
-Shrek (well, okay, one thing worth throwing a fit over)
-Incineroar
-maybe a new story mode
-moar amiibo plz

None of what we want is a titular character of a knockout series. There's nothing we're asking for that's obviously begging to be added. It's not like we're dying for single player modes (most of us will only ever play Smash mode anyway), or online functionality, or even a bigger stage list. This is a Thanksgiving feast's worth of content... but the Thanksgiving feast is for everybody in New York City, and they brought enough for Thailand as well. And we're getting all of this for sixty bucks, which if you make American minimum wage is literally just ten hours of work for something that an old Japanese man gave himself tendonitis to create and spent the last probably six years working towards with a team of hundreds of people who all have families and lives.

Oh, and most likely there will be more in a few months.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Definitely happening no matter what tier:
Ken (Echo)

Extremely Likely Tier:
Incineroar
Geno

Modest Chance Tier:
Issac
Mach Rider
Chorus Kids
Shadow
Banjo
Sora
Steve

Low chance Tier:
Dixie Kong
Rayman
Funky Kong
Black Shadow
Bandana Dee
Ninten

"So you're sayin there's a chance??" Tier:
Agumon
Lip
Dovakhin
Doom Guy
Vault Boy
Deathborn
Leon (RE4)
Solaire
Cranky Kong
The Grinch himself
Goku

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'm sorry for your loss, same thing happened to me a few years ago, too.

Also, thanks for the positivity.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge

THANK YOU. INSERT SAKURAI HERE:

NOW BOW TO YOUR GOD.

StormC

Smash Hero
The fact that people are still mad about other people being mad at a video game three years ago proves we do, in fact, live in a society.

D

Deleted member

Ken (Echo)

Extremely Likely Tier:
Incineroar
Geno

Modest Chance Tier:
Issac
Mach Rider
Chorus Kids
Shadow
Banjo
Sora
Steve

Low chance Tier:
Dixie Kong
Rayman
Funky Kong
Black Shadow
Bandana Dee
Ninten

Agumon
Lip
Dovakhin
Doom Guy
Vault Boy
Deathborn
Leon (RE4)
Solaire
Cranky Kong
The Grinch himself
Goku
Add Zoe Trent to the last tier please.

That must suck man. I wish I could give you a hug. :crying:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I want you all to take a look at this quick list for a moment and see any consistencies.

PapaGenos - Leak is completely real, theorizes that Incineroar is DLC.​
Leak Review - Isaac is at least the one person in.​
Mystic - Isaac and Geno are in, leak is fake. Then goes on to say Emily is right and closes down his twitter.​
Vergeben - Incineroar, Isaac assist, Minecraft content.​
Emily Rogers - Multiple characters are assists, the leak is fake.​
Tom Phillips - Leak is fake, Banjo-Kazooie aren't in.​
NateDrake - Leak is completely fake.​
Liam Robertson - Leak is completely fake, believes Banjo-Kazooie won't be in due to "muh pride" and race.​
GameXplain - Leak is completely fake, it's too blurry.​
You guys see any consistencies? I sure do, because the one thing consistent is that everyone has different info. And isn't it weird how just very recently they're coming out with this "info"? Not to mention, a good amount of these "insiders" have a lot of stuff they got wrong, too. Never forget Mother 3 and how apparently the Nintendo Switch 2017 Presentation was all completely wrong.

People who believe the Grinch Leak have some grounded evidence to back up their claims, while a lot of these people just only say what they have, which most likely might be bait by Nintendo and Bandai Namco. That's pretty much why people ask "do you have evidence, can we see it?" because people who believe the leak have a vast amount of evidence to back up their points.

The Direct is almost in 24 hours. Until then, looks like we're gonna have one more day of hell to go through.
The big consistency is that the leak is fake, at least to a degree. The only outlier is PapaGenos, and Leak Review to an extent, which suggests they've been fed fake info if they aren't matching up with the larger picture.

Beyond that, they don't have enough info to really synthesize anything, though this is "putting the pieces together".

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ad-about-nothing.77842/page-119#post-14420709
Emily is now echoing that we may not have a third party reveal at the direct.
Yup. And Imran said that we shouldn't be surprised to not see one Tomorrow but maybe later.

maybe later

later.
I really hope this doesn't include Ken.

...because if we aren't getting Ken, then I have NO IDEA who we're getting.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice

Dang dude. I am really sorry. I completely understand how you are feeling, considering my cat has to have fluids every day these days. Stay strong my dude and sorry for your loss.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Also if the Grinch banner is real, what if the last 7 are all part of a Spirits mode trailer which opens up the direct, akin to the Melee intro.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Mini game time!

Post your list of no more than 10 characters. You'll score 10 points for each character that is shown tomorrow. Get @me with your results. Any posts containing an edit after the Direct starts will be disqualified. GO!

Top five realistic wants:
1. Shantae
2. Arle Nadja
3. Lip
4. Katalina (Granblue Fantasy)
5. Mach Rider (if female)

Top five dream wants:
1. Homura (pfp and signature) (Senran Kagura)
2. Riina Tada (THE iDOLM@STER)
3. Raspberyl (Disgaea 3)
4. Noire (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
5. Amy Rose or Cream the Rabbit

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ken (Echo)

Extremely Likely Tier:
Incineroar
Geno

Modest Chance Tier:
Issac
Mach Rider
Chorus Kids
Shadow
Banjo
Sora
Steve

Low chance Tier:
Dixie Kong
Rayman
Funky Kong
Black Shadow
Bandana Dee
Ninten

Agumon
Lip
Dovakhin
Doom Guy
Vault Boy
Deathborn
Leon (RE4)
Solaire
Cranky Kong
The Grinch himself
Goku
Where does Elma fit there? I’d probably put her above Sora in Modest Chance myself

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'm just looking forward to using Miis in HD with the extended options of the Switch's Mii creator.

Finally, my dream of Captain Falcon VS. Pepsi Man will finally be realized in glorious, portable HD.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I’ll just say this: Since we’re 24 hours away from the direct, I have no doubt that Nintendo is pushing out leak bait right now to try to stop info from getting out. However, who knows what’s leak bait and what isn’t. We’ll only find that out tomorrow.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
The big consistency is that the leak is fake, at least to a degree. The only outlier is PapaGenos, and Leak Review to an extent, which suggests they've been fed fake info if they aren't matching up with the larger picture.

Beyond that, they don't have enough info to really synthesize anything, though this is "putting the pieces together".

I really hope this doesn't include Ken.

...because if we aren't getting Ken, then I have NO IDEA who we're getting.

The thing is, they all think its fake for the assumed same reasons: Incineroar/Missing ATs/"That character isn't in the game". That part pretty much is consistent. Even Vergeben, who leaked Incineroar, is saying "Isaac AT" now. Like it looks like to me they all share the same source saying the same things.

The argument is we don't know if its true or not, regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom