• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
You know what is really annoying me about the Grinch Leak? The fact that no-one seems to be appreciating the true work of art that the banner is... as is.

Just look at it. Seriously, nowhere else in the world are you going to see Cloud, Sonic, Mario, Snake and Simon Belmont on the same picture. It's a work of art, so before you try to tear it apart to find out info about a subject we'll be told about in just over 24 hours, take some time to appreciate the artwork that's been made for this, because it's really beautiful.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Boy... If there isn't any Square-Enix Rep, like Geno or DQ during the Direct.

Y'all better hold me.

Because it means I will ride and crash that hype train right into the VGA.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You know what is really annoying me about the Grinch Leak? The fact that no-one seems to be appreciating the true work of art that the banner is... as is.

Just look at it. Seriously, nowhere else in the world are you going to see Cloud, Sonic, Mario, Snake and Simon Belmont on the same picture. It's a work of art, so before you try to tear it apart to find out info about a subject we'll be told about in just over 24 hours, take some time to appreciate the artwork that's been made for this, because it's really beautiful.
Despite scouring every pixel of that blurry banner, I do appreciate the art of the officially released banner--I have the one after Isabelle's inclusion on my wallpaper, and often in down times, I like to reflect on that wallpaper as well as all the characters and appreciate what's already in the game. I was sold at E3, so everything else is icing. But I love to speculate on what could be next.

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't know why people attribute Steve to Vergeben, he's never said that Steve is in, just that Minecraft content is in.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Also, who else will be eating store bought Halloween candy while watching the direct tomorrow?
I won't!

I find I have a hard time paying full attention to videos while I'm eating things sometimes, and unwrapping candy might take up a little bit of my attention. I want to give the direct all the focus I've got and I don't want to take even a minuscule amount of brainpower away from it. I might get myself a soda or something though.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Again, is there a place on this website where I can go to ****post Littlest Pet Shop Memes?
I didn't get a response, that's why I'm reposting.
You could probably make one. I don't see why they wouldn't allow it. And I'm pretty sure there's a thread for general discussion about anything people want to talk about somewhere on here

Untouch

Smash Master

This is part of the reason why I think the leak is fake.
There is an extraordinary amount of detail put into the background, and it baffles me why they'd go and make another background with less detail for the final trailer.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
The 40 minutes part pretty much excuted it to me

Because a average trailer length for echos is 45 seconds and unqiue is about 2 minutes

So about 12 minutes needed for all 7 but more or less but this is excluding character explanations though but however the tree house is probably gonna handle most of that
Online and Spirits together will be seventeen minutes of it. Extra modes, Trophies (if that's going to happen) and other small announcements will be around eight minutes. The rest of that time could definitely go to the final newcomers.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
This is part of the reason why I think the leak is fake.
There is an extraordinary amount of detail put into the background, and it baffles me why they'd go and make another background with less detail for the final trailer.
It's not for the final trailer, though--from the image it's obviously being used for a different purpose, most likely a hanger. There's conflicting reasons as to why, so there's certainly room to doubt. But that was the primary faulty assumption of many insiders at the start, only recently have they been giving better reasons (e.g., assist trophies in the banner) to doubt it.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if the NOA social media rep is looking forward to going to work tomorrow. :smash::smash:

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Online and Spirits together will be seventeen minutes of it. Extra modes, Trophies (if that's going to happen) and other small announcements will be around eight minutes. The rest of that time could definitely go to the final newcomers.
If Spirits is the new Subspace Emissary, as many are thinking and hoping (fingers crossed!) then it could need loads of time. I mean, how would you explain Subspace in around 8 minutes, with gameplay, and around 80 characters?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She's not nude. Just like Sonic, she wears shoes.
Shoes (or just a jacket and bow) always makes a difference

I also like how Sakurai will make sure Pit is specifically in the center of it all while Mario and Link are on the sides

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I'd say there'd be twelve and a half minutes of Spirits, and then five and a half minutes of online.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If Spirits is the new Subspace Emissary, as many are thinking and hoping (fingers crossed!) then it could need loads of time. I mean, how would you explain Subspace in around 8 minutes, with gameplay, and around 80 characters?
I doubt they would spend that much time on it, if it's in the game, since they wouldn't want to spoil too much of it

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
I don't know why people attribute Steve to Vergeben, he's never said that Steve is in, just that Minecraft content is in.
I believe it's because somebody else supposedly leaked Steve, and Vergeben shortly after reiterated Microsoft content in a way that implied Steve, so everybody jumped to the assumption that Vergeben was all but outright saying Steve.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I also like how Sakurai will make sure Pit is specifically in the center of it all while Mario and Link are on the sides
Pikachu is closer to the center, really.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Pit is so symmetrical, isn't he? :chuckle: And I just love how the banner is hidden with so many interactions--it tells a gigantic story within one image. It's mesmerizing.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Meanwhile Dedede went from about to be mauled by Charizard and stabbed by Young Link, to merely being mauled by Charizard and slapped by Richter's chain.

D

Deleted member

Ah you know what? Screw it. Forget the Grinch, forget the insiders, and forget Verge as well. I'm going to make a 100% accurate prediction for the Nintendo direct in a totally serious non-****post.

It will open with a trailer that starts where the Samus trailer left off, with Zero Suit and Ridley going at it. Zero Suit will be knocked to the ground and Ridley will be preparing the finishing blow when suddenly, a voice calls out, "no dice, Cowboy!"

Stan Pines
Delivers a Slam Grunk!

Stan then leaps out and starts punching Ridley in the face, recreating the iconic action scene from Gravity Falls.
View attachment 173923

The trailer then shows an epic gameplay montage, confirming the Mystery Shack, Gravity Falls Main Street, Stan's Mindscape, Northwest Manor and the Nightmare Realm as the remaining 5 stages mentioned by Corocoro.

We then learn the box theory is real, but rather then Ken the secret echo fighter for Ryu was none other then Rumble McSkirmish. There are no new newcomers beyond that.

Masterpieces are confirmed to return, with The Great Stanmobile Escape and Rumble's Revenge being among the playable demos.

The remaining 22 minutes of the direct are then spent playing the in-character Stan Pines commentary for the Gravity Falls episode The Land Before Swine.

The direct then ends with Star Butterfly lying on the floor, murmuring the words, "I suppose I'll get my chance another day". Sorry @Tougon.
If even a single detail from this prediction turns out to be untrue then I will literally drink a glass of dihydrogen monoxide.

Look at what you've all done to me the tense atmosphere here is driving me insane.
Joke’s on you. That would give me a voice clip of Star saying the Chrom line, and that’d be extremely useful.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
One day and hopefully the civil war between team fake and team real will be over. Kill me if the character reveals still somehow manage to leave it up in the air.

SevenGameSet

Smash Apprentice
It's at 13:00 in Spain (GMT 0 or 1 i'm not sure) and it is 14:40 now. Less than 23 hours isn't it?
I don't know how time works, All i know is the direct starts at 8 am for me and it is currently 7:47 as i post this

AM, I meant to say AM ignore me i'm dumb

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
One day and hopefully the civil war between team fake and team real will be over. Kill me if the character reveals still somehow manage to leave it up in the air.
All the characters get revealed, but they're all in the wrong spots on the mural

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yup. And Imran said that we shouldn't be surprised to not see one Tomorrow but maybe later.

maybe later

later.
Later as in? I thought the general consensus was this is the final blowout (I personally don't consider that to be the case, especially in my predictions, as I believe there's a rumored Nintendo Direct also). Or is that a reference to DLC?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
It's nice and all that we're getting maybe 80 characters, and a whole ton of modes, and probably even the contents of the Grinch leak as well. But none of that's really important. You know what's important?

Is Ultimate gonna have its own Black Hole glitch?

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Top 10 Smashboards Profile Pics:
#1: @P.Kat
#2: @Noipoi
#3: @Mehdow
#4: @MasterOfKnees
#5: @Idon
#6: Opossum Opossum
#7: @osby
#8: @Venus of the Desert Bloom
#9: CosmicQuark CosmicQuark
#10: @NonSpecificGuy
Honorable Mentions: @Cristaran @KDMP @Zinith
:)
You're forgetting the guy with the Ridley Bayonetta profile picture. Some other great ones too that aren't coming to mind.

EDIT: I was initially thinking of making my profile picture, me, but the one I currently have works better with the look of the website, I think.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom