• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
he was playing them like a fiddle

honestly i forgot tower of power was a part of the game, mostly i only ever go back to budokai 3 (and i don't any more at all thanks to FighterZ)
i play budokai 2 and 3 more, i play 3 for gameplay and i play 2 because the story mode stage music is the tower of power stuff and it isnt in budokai 3 (and also because id rather play budokai 2 on my gamecube than run budokai 3 on an emulator)

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
We already did it your way, Isaac was completely absent from Smash 4. In no way was that preferable to me, and I would suspect a deluge of GS fans would concur.
Actually when he was removed I was happy because I thought it was possible we could get him as a fighter. Then he wasn’t there. Then the Ballot came and he did well, but nothing came of it. Now we have the “Ultimate” Smash game and Sakurai is taking characters from the Ballot.

If Isaac was ever going to be playable it would be this game. Him going back to his Brawl AT hell is not preferable to me. If he really isn’t playable in this game I’d prefer him to not be there for a shot at DLC. But who am I kidding. If he didn’t get in now he wouldn’t get in as DLC.

But I’m waiting for Thursday so Sakurai can confirm/deconfirm.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
tbh I don't really see how being an assist rules a character out of being DLC, they could easily just have them not appear when the character is being played as, there's nothing to suggest that it couldn't happen. And I personally think having a character in as an AT is better than nothing.
Goddamn, give this man a medal.
Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it's entirely impossible UNLESS Sakurai himself says otherwise.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
The only thing keeping me content is if the leak is fake, are Spawnwave's genuine remarks that we may be pretty happy during this direct regardless in his most recent video.
yeah, happiness doesn't mean an echo character and another ****ing pokemon as the only remaining characters for christ's sake.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why are so many Team Fake's so spiteful right now? Do you not want people to have their fan favorite characters that some have been waiting forever for? I don't understand the mindset of this "cutting off the nose to spite the face' mentality.
I can't speak for everyone but I'm personally not spiteful at all. I've got nothing against any of the characters and would actually really like to see Isaac be playable. I definitely want to see the leak be real, I just personally don't think it's all that likely given the evidence.

But I won't like, it gets a little annoying seeing people mocking Team Fake for not believing the Grinch leak so frequently. I could really live without all the "team fake believed Shulk was a photoshopped Little Mac" strawmaning.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I understand it's bittersweet, but having nothing over something because it wasn't as you wanted it seems a little petulant to me. I get how seeing him might sting and remind people of how he didn't become playable, but looking at it as if the glass were half full instead of empty... this'll be his first appearance in eight years. This'll be his first appearance in HD. I'm gonna be happy just seeing him again.
Back in the Brawl days, I would/did agree with that point of view. But in the age of DLC, a character that you want to be playable not being in at all is preferable to being an assist trophy. Because unless the policy that no character can be both an assist trophy and playable changes, being an AT kills any hope of seeing the character until the next full game.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Who the hell even is mystic? What's their credibility? They posted some stuff on Twitter. Did they do anything credible at all?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Don’t know why everyone’s acting like this is officially confirmed.

Sakurai’s primarily focusing on fan-picks whom are massively requested in the Ballot, not having Isaac who’s been requested since Brawl alongside Ridley and K.Rool, his AT missing in 4, just to be an AT again would be outright idiotic.

Veggietales apparently having a spotless record doesn’t make this a fact.

Last edited:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Will Vergeben be proven to be 100% correct, or will the Grinch show to be the one that truly leaked Christmas. Only Sakurai knows at this point, and the countdown to the reveal approaches quickly. Find out what happens next time, on Super Smash Z.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Can we stop pretending we know Isaac did well on the ballot?

Actually, can we stop pretending we know ANYTHING about the ballot aside from the characters that are already in Ultimate?

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Here is a thought about the Isaac situation.

What if he used to be AT but then later on in the development he got promoted as a playable character even though the roster was already finish back in 2015?

It isn’t new that a character comes late in the roster already.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Because if a character is an AT, that immediately locks them out of being DLC. Or at the very least, makes it extremely, EXTREMELY unlikely they'll be DLC. That means whatever character gets deconfirmed is just screwed for that Smash game, and their supporters have to wait for the next game just to have a chance.
I’m still calling that we’re going to see ATs upgraded to playable as DLC.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Don’t why everyone’s acting like this is officially confirmed.

Sakurai’s primarily focusing on fan-picks whom are massively requested in the Ballot, not having Isaac who’s been requested since Brawl alongside Ridley and K.Rool, his AT missing in 4, just to be an AT again would be outright idiotic.

Sakurai might be trying to make up for it by including other fan requested characters. I hate to say it, but he might have thought that Skull Kid and Geno, coming from bigger franchises, could make up for his absence.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Shut up Vergeben or you're gonna get these hands!!

#TeamReal, the Grinch leak will be confirmed real this Thursday at the Super Smash Bros Ultimate pay per view and Isaac, I will looking forward to seeing you in Smashville!

Last edited:

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Goddamn, give this man a medal.
Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it's entirely impossible UNLESS Sakurai himself says otherwise.
As a disheartened fan of Waluigi, I completely agree. This is just a fan-made rule. This game is full of firsts.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
You guys are all being silly lol
So much strife over things that might not even be real

The direct is 40 minutes, no way are they ONLY giving us just 2 fighters and you all know that. This is the LONGEST smash related direct ever aside from E3 but that was different.

Also dont just sit there and go "ok some insider said isaac or so and so wont be in" you dont actually know until the trailer drops lol

Just, chill tf out wait a day and everything will be over. Just chill out and stop biting at each other so much.
Have fun speculating and just try and enjoy it since thursday itll all be over.

- This threads new mom
thanks thread mom

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Two things. My prediction for Thursday for right after my class and the direct is finished.

Also, what is Matthew is playable instead of Isaac?

D

Deleted member

It's the reaction to Ridley's absence in Smash 4 all over again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
All right this news has officially completely devastated me.

AT'ing Isaac, Geno, and Shadow would be the single biggest ****ing middle finger Sakurai could jam up our *****. IK this is the best Smash game ever but like...I can't even begin to describe my feelings of rage.

**** Vergeben for sitting on this information and now swinging in to kill everyone's hype. Again.

**** the grinch leaker for raising our hopes with an "un-debunkable" leak, only to have it turn out false. Sure it made things exciting but it'll only make us all angrier in the end.

IK I'll get lots of angry messages, people telling me to be calm, etc. I know it's not the end of the world. But this is going to take some time for me to get over. A very LONG time.

Shadow, Isaac, and Geno are never going to be in smash because of this.

Goodbye smashboards, I'll maybe see you after the direct drops, Kencineroar is it, box theorists rejoice, and the smash community is a raging ****storm inferno of salt. Idk why Sakurai has decided this, and why Nintendo's marketed this game so badly. Life's unfair sometimes and I'll get over it. But god damn it hurts.
GODot.gif

I'm sorry it's not turning out well for you and many others (myself included) my friend, but let us relax and remember the level of love and care being poured into this game, just like some delicious dark coffee being poured into the cup that is our life.
You'll be fine, we'll all be fine come what may, we'll sip on this darkness and swallow it like we've always done.
GOO.gif

Don't lose hope yet mah dude.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Actually, can we stop pretending we know ANYTHING about the ballot aside from the characters that are already in Ultimate?
no.

There's plenty to suggest we do know the ballot.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Watch, Sakurai trolls everyone and Isaac is at first introduced as an AT only to be characterified.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I personally think ZhugeEx is just speculating and gathering info together with other insiders to come up with his own predictions. Nothing more and nothing less.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm gonna sleep, and then skip tomorrow so I'll be completely unspoiled for Smash 4 unless social media ***** me over again.

Dude, people latch onto the nearest new, hot rumor and determine the validity of their beliefs based upon their ambiguous statements like a game of hot potato. Just let it take its course.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I hope a second ballot is announced Thursday.
So it can be 'rigged' again?
I think it’d be fun if they did the ballot through NintendoIDs. That way we couldn’t stuff the ballot. Maybe even restrict to people woth a verified purchase of Smash so people can’t just make random accounts.

If they did that, I’d hope they allow us to pitch three or four characters for our vote.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Literally will be enough to tide me over if Kencineroar is really it until DLC.

Best Belmont.
I was just sitting here, seeing the salt, and then I remembered that my favorite Belmont is in this game and nothing is going to change that. Castlevania should've been in since Brawl and it has arrived in style.

I am now at peace. Let the Direct come.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
You guys are all being silly lol
So much strife over things that might not even be real

The direct is 40 minutes, no way are they ONLY giving us just 2 fighters and you all know that. This is the LONGEST smash related direct ever aside from E3 but that was different.

Also dont just sit there and go "ok some insider said isaac or so and so wont be in" you dont actually know until the trailer drops lol

Just, chill tf out wait a day and everything will be over. Just chill out and stop biting at each other so much.
Have fun speculating and just try and enjoy it since thursday itll all be over.

- This threads new mom
Thank you mommy. *hype is reborn*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Back in the Brawl days, I would/did agree with that point of view. But in the age of DLC, a character that you want to be playable not being in at all is preferable to being an assist trophy. Because unless the policy that no character can be both an assist trophy and playable changes, being an AT kills any hope of seeing the character until the next full game.
I'd totally agree if I thought Isaac stood a decent chance at DLC, but I don't think they'd choose such a niche character who serves no foreseeable promotional role to be DLC. I think they're either gonna go big, go promotional, or in a pinch, go with an originally planned candidate. In the base roster it's a package deal, so they can slip in the niche or wtf characters. But I think Isaac would have a harder time being a standalone product.

Like for instance, I feel being an AT is much more crippling for the likes of Waluigi or Bomberman, because I think otherwise they'd have real shots at DLC.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Don’t why everyone’s acting like this is officially confirmed.

We don't know how isaac fared on the ballot though, other popular characters like Ashley and Krystal are assists too after all, maybe sakurai saw that as a sort of consolation prize.

And just cause K Rool and ridley were picked based on popularity doesn't mean every character will, isabelle is pretty much proof of that.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
The direct hasn't happened and nothing is confirmed. Chill. Even if it's worst case-scenario for you...the game wasn't made for you..so chill. There is no reason to be so invested.
Everything is pretty much set in stone now. Verge has said it, therefore it is pretty much confirmed.

Your message is exactly the kind of levelheadedness I expect to deluge me and while I agree in theory, the pain of having my most wanted deconfirmed by ****ing Vergeben and ****ing Emily hurts so bad. And hence why I'm off of this place for now. They'll never get in, at least for many many years, if ever. Shadow in particular is so hurtful because he's my #1 favorite character of all time and makes SO. MUCH. GODDAMN. SENSE. Easily the most likely echo after Ken and HE can't make the cut?

I don't want to drown this place in my self pity where no one is going to care and I'll just come off as a giant crybaby. Ik I probably already do with my last post. Just let me suffer in peace ok? Sorry I bothered this place with my presence.

Ultimately this is a fantastic smash game and I won't boycott it or anything stupid like that, but HOLY HELL THIS HUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRTTTSSS.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Friendly reminder that Street Fighter 5 launched with 16 characters.

It currently has 34.

Smash Ultimate has over 70.

Make of that what you will.

Confirmation

Smash Ace

I mean, a sample size of 40,000 is more than enough to draw conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom