• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
i never got the "might as well have him as an assist!" argument. you cant play as him whether he's an assist or not there. him being an assist just says they know he exists, and for a character as popular as isaac, thats a huge slap in the face.
We already did it your way, Isaac was completely absent from Smash 4. In no way was that preferable to me, and I would suspect a deluge of GS fans would concur.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Okay; it seems like a lot of people here talking about Vergeban has either no idea what they're talking about or is just spouting misinformation about him when it's painfully obvious they haven't been around the block and are new here anyway.

Just know that Vergeban is the most credible person there is to Smash Ultimate so far and that he gotten nearly everything right with the only exception was him not knowing if Isabelle was an echo or a unique character BUT still said Isabelle was in the game as a playable character. Cut this K.K Rool and Simon crap out.

Him not stating about Richter/echoes etc. does not make untrustworthy. He simply don't know everything or at least doesn't tell everything he know about the game.

In fact, if Isaac is not an assist and Incineroar is not in; then this would the first time Vergeban would have straight up gotten it wrong. "There was a incident I believe where one of his sources was wrong back in March, but he clarified that it was a bad source, don't quote me on that"

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
"People tend to forget it's entirely possible for people to have insider information that is either A. completely false; a fabrication, B. outdated, or C. gotten lucky in the past, or had a source and then bs your way through with lucky guesses and blatantly obvious things."

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Anyways since Grinch is dying...

I hope the several young virgins that I’ve killed will be enough to sustain the prince of darkness and allow Deathborn to be in Smash
After Ken & Shadow, Black Shadow too is announced as an echo of Captain Falcon then we see a trailer like the opening of F-Zero GX and Deathborn come but this time he doesn't let a last chance for Black Shadow and KILL HIM and then we get the gameplay trailer of f*uckin deathborn oooooh yeah ! :shades::shades::shades:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Assist Trophy Section of Smash Direct...

"Yup..it's him."

Fr though I think Isaac is in this game as a playable character, idc about verge

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
whats so bad about having a character as an AT?

Hell, if Layton aint gonna be playable, at least make him and AT and I'll settlr for that.

its like I told my sister "I still wont buy the game but at least Layton is in it and thats all that matters"
Because if a character is an AT, that immediately locks them out of being DLC. Or at the very least, makes it extremely, EXTREMELY unlikely they'll be DLC. That means whatever character gets deconfirmed is just screwed for that Smash game, and their supporters have to wait for the next game just to have a chance.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
damn, i didnt know tower of power worked with kenji yamamoto just for him to steal tower of power's music!

i was talking about the new tracks from budokai 2, not the budokai 1 tracks. kinda thought the 2 made that obvious
he was playing them like a fiddle

honestly i forgot tower of power was a part of the game, mostly i only ever go back to budokai 3 (and i don't any more at all thanks to FighterZ)

D

Deleted member

Look, I'm upset at this news about Isaac, I am. But I won't let this ruin Ultimate for me. I'm still hyped as **** for the game.
EDIT: For got to say won't lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
If you're seriously getting bummed about the roster because it's not Grinch, then you need to look at the already huge base roster and see what you like about it. I'm pretty pissed that Banjo isn't getting in apparently but god if I'm not going to love playing Snake on a better looking game and also running K Rool.

Everyone needs to relax and remember: it's video games. You win some you lose some. If we got through Sm4sh's questionable roster we can get through anything.
i only really like snake and even then one character i can just play on project m doesnt really get me that excited for smash

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Why are so many Team Fake's so spiteful right now? Do you not want people to have their fan favorite characters that some have been waiting forever for? I don't understand the mindset of this "cutting off the nose to spite the face' mentality.
Some people for some reason like a lot of salt, not knowing it's lethal in high dosages.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Again, you'd rather they just forget he exist altogether? Not everyone can make the cut.

No matter what they did it'd be seen as an """insult""" to some Isaac fans.
If he doesn't get an assist? "If he's not playable anyway, then why did Sakurai ever cut his assist trophy for Smash 4?"
If he does get in as an assist? "How dare Sakurai do this to him! He deserves nothing short of being playable!"

I seriously doubt Sakurai has some personal vendetta against Isaac and his fanbase for some ridiculous reason, just like I really doubt that he hates Ashley, Waluigi or Shovel Knight.
Hasn’t Sakurai literally said he disliked Waluigi before or do I have false memories?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
The only thing keeping me content is if the leak is fake, are Spawnwave's genuine remarks that we may be pretty happy during this direct regardless in his most recent video.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Ken, Incineroar, Geno and some mystery newcomer.

Banjo-Kazooie, Hero (Dragon Quest), and Rex & Pyra as the first DLC characters.

That's my current prediction.
I'm wondering now if Skull Kid AND Geno will appear as the "fan picks" at the end, or if it's going to be one or the other.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
All right this news has officially completely devastated me.

AT'ing Isaac, Geno, and Shadow would be the single biggest ****ing middle finger Sakurai could jam up our *****. IK this is the best Smash game ever but like...I can't even begin to describe my feelings of rage.

**** Vergeben for sitting on this information and now swinging in to kill everyone's hype. Again.

**** the grinch leaker for raising our hopes with an "un-debunkable" leak, only to have it turn out false. Sure it made things exciting but it'll only make us all angrier in the end.

IK I'll get lots of angry messages, people telling me to be calm, etc. I know it's not the end of the world. But this is going to take some time for me to get over. A very LONG time.

Shadow, Isaac, and Geno are never going to be in smash because of this.

Goodbye smashboards, I'll maybe see you after the direct drops, Kencineroar is it, box theorists rejoice, and the smash community is a raging ****storm inferno of salt. Idk why Sakurai has decided this, and why Nintendo's marketed this game so badly. Life's unfair sometimes and I'll get over it. But god damn it hurts.
I don't know why anyone believes that the Grinch theory has been killed and Kencineroar is it. That seems so unlikely. Remember, false information is being thrown around by Nintendo. Also remember the fishy **** with GameXplain. It's fair to be on team real.

D

Deleted member

All right this news has officially completely devastated me.

AT'ing Isaac, Geno, and Shadow would be the single biggest ****ing middle finger Sakurai could jam up our *****. IK this is the best Smash game ever but like...I can't even begin to describe my feelings of rage.

**** Vergeben for sitting on this information and now swinging in to kill everyone's hype. Again.

**** the grinch leaker for raising our hopes with an "un-debunkable" leak, only to have it turn out false. Sure it made things exciting but it'll only make us all angrier in the end.

IK I'll get lots of angry messages, people telling me to be calm, etc. I know it's not the end of the world. But this is going to take some time for me to get over. A very LONG time.

Shadow, Isaac, and Geno are never going to be in smash because of this.

Goodbye smashboards, I'll maybe see you after the direct drops, Kencineroar is it, box theorists rejoice, and the smash community is a raging ****storm inferno of salt. Idk why Sakurai has decided this, and why Nintendo's marketed this game so badly. Life's unfair sometimes and I'll get over it. But god damn it hurts.
Sakurai would never do that. Sakurai is nice and he wants to go to the route to the most success.

I mean Ryu was leaked and he still carried on.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Alright. Screw it. Screw it. I'm not holding back. I'm going all in on this leak. I don't care how much I regret it or get my hype killed. I'm believing in the leak. No veggieben or jon or mystic's changing that.

Chorus Kids will come home.
Isaac will come home.
Geno will come home.
Shadow will come home.
Mach Rider will come home.
Ken will come home.
Banjo will come home.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Again, you'd rather they just forget he exist altogether? Not everyone can make the cut.

No matter what they did it'd be seen as an """insult""" to some Isaac fans.
If he doesn't get an assist? "If he's not playable anyway, then why did Sakurai ever cut his assist trophy for Smash 4?"
If he does get in as an assist? "How dare Sakurai do this to him! He deserves nothing short of being playable!"

I seriously doubt Sakurai has some personal vendetta against Isaac and his fanbase for some ridiculous reason, just like I really doubt that he hates Ashley, Waluigi or Shovel Knight.
not being an assist means he can be dlc in the future but whatever

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
Not really, you aren't justified. Think about what you are saying, you're angry because a hit video game with a huge fanbase doesn't have a new character catered to you at the moment. Temper your expectations and know that this is still going to be fun a video game even if a favorite doesn't get in. We're going to have a roster of 70 or maybe even more characters and 103+ stages. Getting salty will just bring everyone else down, when we should be celerbrating we are getting a great game.
If a fighting does not include characters that I want, then it has failed to cater to my interests - which is important, yes. Every video game is supposed to cater to interests. My opinion isn't more important than anyone elses, but it's not lesser than anyone elses either.

Let me put this in perspective: the two Smash characters I currently play are Ike and Shulk. If they were removed from Ultimate for some reason, I would never play it. Fighting games *are* their characters. The rest is gravy. It doesn't matter how many are in it if the ones you actually want to play are not. And after years of playing Shulk and Ike, I really need someone new because frankly you get burnt out on character after a while.

It will be a great game for most. It will not be a great game for me, and I don't feel the need to change my opinion on that. Not everyone needs to like this or be happy with this. I just don't like being told that's unfair if I'm not happy.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Guys, Banjo Kazooie IS getting a rep,

But it's not banjo,,,,

Its....
wozza2.png

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To those who say "AT is better than nothing" you realize that:

A) Assist Trophies would have to be turned on
B) Issac will have the 1/50 chance of appearing when an AT is on stage. And that's assuming every assist trophy has an equal chance of appearing.
C) That means no other Golden Sun stuff
D) Unless a change of heart, out of the running for DLC
A) That's just how "professional" Smash is played, without Assists. It means mostly nothing.
B) Okay, so? He's still there, in the game, put in with the effort of saying "Hey, he couldn't be playable, but this is also rewarding to those who want to see his existence be acknowledged!"
C) That's not even proven in the slightest
D) That's not even proven in the slightest

Why so pessimistic about it? Do you really think that being in the game is worse than not being in the game? What's your logic?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
tbh I don't really see how being an assist rules a character out of being DLC, they could easily just have them not appear when the character is being played as, there's nothing to suggest that it couldn't happen. And I personally think having a character in as an AT is better than nothing.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hasn’t Sakurai literally said he disliked Waluigi before or do I have false memories?
Nah.
He had a scathing deconfirmation in Smash 4 where he said "Just because you try hard, doesn't mean you'll make it to the battle." but nothing so far has shown his taste in Waluigi.

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I think I've had enough of this thread till after the direct. Look regardless of what goes down and who is right or wrong I am already extremely satisfied with the roster and outside of Banjo-Kazooie I don't really care who gets in. Even BK not getting in (Base or DLC) would kill my hype for this game. There is a lot in this game already and we still know nothing about the Spirits mode thing or things like BtT, Homerun Contest, Event Matches etc. This game is honestly huge and Sakurai and his team have done an amazing job regardless of the final roster. See you guys after the Direct.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
...maybe Vergeben's source confused Matthew for Isaac and Matthew is the AT???

idk I'm desperate here

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ya know, even though I'm not picking one side or another in regards to the Grinch "Leak"

It seems crazy how quickly #TeamReal, the "**** INSIDERS" team, is folding as soon as Vergeben, an Insider, says something.
Oh I'm not folding. In fact I'm going all in on Team real. Why you ask? Simple:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I'm gonna call it again.

Spirits is going to be something else. Something potentially amazing.

I'm sincerely hoping it is what I always hoped the Subspace Emissary would be, as much as I love it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Combined trailer from two different franchises?

Maybe they are from the same company...third party company...SE?

(Geno and Sora)?

(Also box apparently)

Attachments

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Because if a character is an AT, that immediately locks them out of being DLC. Or at the very least, makes it extremely, EXTREMELY unlikely they'll be DLC. That means whatever character gets deconfirmed is just screwed for that Smash game, and their supporters have to wait for the next game just to have a chance.
if Layton landed as an AT, he was very clearly never planned to be a playable character in the first place is how I see it.

id be happy with whatever I got, even a trophy is fine. As long as its not nothing

Potato_

Smash Lord
This is assuming, y'know, "insiders" (as in the anonymous source) are actually working with the game.
This is a pretty big assumption to make though. The closest I can see these insider sources being are testers. Anything else and you start getting into dev team areas that would have waaaaay too much to lose from leaking.

Entirely possible some of these sources are members of Treehouse or something that get their info much later. And we know from E3 that most of them had no idea what was going on with Smash. If you were going to spread misinformation, I'd say that would be a good start.

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Okay guys, let’s predict: Assuming Kencineroar is really it, which imo is a big if, how many people are gonna go back to claiming this game is a Sm4sh port?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Man, I can't believe Richter Belmont is in this game.
Easily one of the most unexpected announcements in the entirety of Ultimate's pre-release schedule.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
You guys are all being silly lol
So much strife over things that might not even be real

The direct is 40 minutes, no way are they ONLY giving us just 2 fighters and you all know that. This is the LONGEST smash related direct ever aside from E3 but that was different.

Also dont just sit there and go "ok some insider said isaac or so and so wont be in" you dont actually know until the trailer drops lol

Just, chill tf out wait a day and everything will be over. Just chill out and stop biting at each other so much.
Have fun speculating and just try and enjoy it since thursday itll all be over.

- This threads new mom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom