• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've always wondered how long insiders can really be insiders before someone finally figures out where they get their info from and shuts them down. I dunno how these people still keep getting info fed to them when they so blatantly parade it around.

In all honesty though, if Isaac is an Assist Trophy, that's fine with me. At least we got more than we did with For. If Inceneroar and Ken are all that's left, then fine, the roster is still damn good. I just hope and pray that others can be just as mature. I dunno whether I trust the Leak or the Insiders more because of what we've gotten so far but whatever happens, this game is still Ultimate to me.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
The only good thing about the Grinch leak probably being fake is that Dixie has a chance to fight another day.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Possibly. Its not like its a first either.

During DLC last time, Shovel Knight and Inkling were being fed to insiders as fake info.

And when every insider and their mother has been running their mouth because of the Grinch leak, Nintendo was probably like

"**** em too, let's make sure they get knocked down a peg."

There is no way Geno is an assist, he's playable or nothing.

Issac did not get his trademark renewed and have people like mystic say he's in as a playable fighter for nothing. They were not renewing a trademark several years early for an assist.

Not to mention all this info conveniently conflicts with the grinch leak, yet was only ok to talk about after the direct?

Sorry but I doubt it. They'd be in more trouble if that was the case.

Issac fans, Geno fans

Let us not get discouraged, don't believe everything you read on the internet.
I actually hope your right. Box theory needs to die, and insiders need to be knocked down a peg just slightly.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
The fact that this thread going at the speed of light implies otherwise in regards to 'going nuts'.

The one guy who's yet to be wrong is going all in against the big boi leak, and there's less than 2 days left.

Either the leak blows up as a dud, or it's real and it's crazy.

For me who's here mainly for a ride to see the reactions one way or another, it's a win/win scenario.
whoops, i thought you meant going nuts in terms of how fans are reacting to it, not in how many people are posting. my b

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
How so? No insider has gone against box theory as far as I know
They imply that multiple characters are missing from the leak; I remember one saying "It's not just Incineroar," probably Spawn Wave or both him and another insider.

We even have Emily Rogers saying that the roster will be better than Grinch Leak.

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I dont trust leakers and insiders at this stage.

I have reasons to believe that nintendo fed them real but wrong info.

Only the banner tells the truth

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
They get their info from a source, not the higher-ups at Nintendo. That's where the fake info comes in.
Again, That's not what they would do to their news partners. That does more harm than good. The false info would go to those such as Emily Rogers or Verge.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Why... would they do that when there's literally 2 days left? it's much easier to just keep quiet
Because they want their egos stroked, and they want them stroked now.
Think of it this way: If Isaac is an Assist Trophy, at least he's in. And if he's not and actually playable, you can see all of Vergeben crumble beneath your feet.
I vote for the latter!
Vergeben: Isaac is an Assist Trophy. [posts gif that's essentially "deal with it" without the pixelated sunglasses]

Me:
View attachment 173883
Vergeben's steadily been growing more and more laughably loony, and this latest episode is just clinching his status as a rightful resident of the loonie bin.

Matoi

Smash Apprentice
I don’t believe this for a second. I really believe that these insiders were baited with false information from there sources and a few of them are piggybacking. One guy saying that he’s playable, another saying he’s an assist trophy, insiders saying the mural is 100% fake but then saying some of the characters are actually confirmed, than confirming characters while others deny the same characters. This is so annoying. Thursday morning cannot come soon enough.

Last edited:

Ganon K. Roolenstein

Smash Cadet
So trying to catch up

What makes this insider claiming Isaac is an AT anymore credible than any of the other insiders that have spoken out in the last 24 hours and all told different stories (including some who said Isaac was confirmed)

I feel like this topic is just repeatedly latching onto whatever piece of 'news' comes out at the time, treating it as this major revelation while disregarding everything that came before it, and then repeating the process when a new insider speaks out. No attention spans here
Yup. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

Pegg

Smash Rookie
There's so many contradictory claims going on from so many different sources, I don't know who to believe anymore to be completely honest.

Maybe that's exactly what 'they' are trying to do, but that sounds like conspiracy level stuff to me.

Personally, all I wanna know is if Break the Targets is back, and what the heck the mystery green 'Spirits' mode is.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Huh and someone earlier told me he's never been wrong besides King K. Rool...
That was me and the Isabelle thing got me thinking now. Maybe... just maybe, he knows Isaac is in the game but perhaps is wrong about their status again.

Simon at E3 doesn't matter because Simon was an incredibly hard read. Richter was just omission, he just never talked about it

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Okay, just so we’re clear: Everyone assumed Simon Belmont was gonna be the only newcomer last Direct.
Do not. Assume. Anything.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Skull Kiddo still has a chance I guess.
Geno/Sora (I highly, highly doubt it'll be any Square character besides either of these), Skull Kid, Incineroar, Shadow(?) and Ken are all still on the table.

I'm sure there will be an obligatory retro pick, Mach Rider or the Famicom Detective Girl or something. or BOND

Last edited:

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Hit or miss, I guess Grinch never missed huh?
You got an insider I guess he never leaked ya?
He gon' find another game and he wont miss ya!
He gon skrrt and hit the dab like Vergeben-ah!
Honestly? Now he's like: Th-This might be real but I called it u guys I swear?
Absolutely pathetic.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
(Simon at E3, Richter, King K Rool, official confirmation of Isabelle being an original character or an echo
Alright, right off the bat

He never said Simon would be in E3 and he still called him.
He never believed in K Rool not getting in, being a pmed theory he didn't believe in
Absence of info is not incorrect info.
He still called Isabelle as a playable character, even if she did turn out to be unique.

Believe what you want, but don't spout misinformation.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
... Maybe it's a good thing I have to work during the Direct.

If any of this actually pans out, it's going to be a god damn mess.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You know, it kinda scares me with the tension going on even before the Direct. If some people are like this, what happens after the Direct? It's like at this time in Smash's life, there's always negativity and heavy backlash, and what scares me even more is that if the favorite characters of some people actually do make it in, and if they're low tier or whatever, will some of those loyal players actually stay loyal or leave without much thought?

Besides, is it that hard to just wait like a few hours for the official info to come into the light rather than this boring and lame leak and so-called insider or whatever stuff? It's times like this where I kinda feel sad for the developers who might be stressed with the growing demands of some fans.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sorry Noipoi Noipoi I love Vendreads too much.
It doesn't bother me. I don't draw so people can make my pictures their avatars, I draw because I love it. And I draw you guys because I like you guys!
The fact that you referenced my image even for a short time shows I had an impact on you, and that's enough to make me immensely happy :chuckle:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That was me and the Isabelle thing got me thinking now. Maybe... just maybe, he knows Isaac is in the game but perhaps is wrong about their status again.

Simon at E3 doesn't matter because Simon was an incredibly hard read. Richter was just omission, he just never talked about it
It just goes to show Verge has been wrong before then and not as credible as many thinks he is.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Think of it this way: If Isaac is an Assist Trophy, at least he's in. And if he's not and actually playable, you can see all of Vergeben crumble beneath your feet.
Important thing people are forgetting. This isn't ideal for Isaac, but it's better than it was.

It just feels like everyone so outraged at the lack of him being playable was taking his presence for granted as if they forgot the last game...
I'm just happy he's there...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
What if the newcomer is not Incineroar, Isaac, Geno, Banjo?

What if it turns out be James Freaking Bond? lol
I'd lose my goddamn mind. I'd be so, so happy. He's just ridiculous enough to work, and he has precedent in Smash because he was highly requested for Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom