• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
How has Sakurai been giving Isaac fans hope? It's just the grinch leak that has.
Leaving him for the final Direct despite revealing a lot of requested characters as ATs right off the bat.

A pic posted by him with no reasoning whatsoever being eerily similar to Golden Sun scenes after interviews done that say he doesn't tweet stuff out for no reason.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Ill start the acceptance stage that Isaac is not in...

Maybe some day when they ( if that happens) revive golden sun franchise.

Rip Isaac.

It was a cruel wait indeed, sakurai coould have announced isaac months ago as an AT...but instead waited till the very very end. But oh well, maybe ill like another character.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh that lol. They're my favorite characters of the Smash roster. I keep switching because I don't know which one to pick!
Oooooh

Yeah, I can understand that. Flip flopped between a dozen fanarts of my favorite characters before I settled on this.
Less is more as they say.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Leaving him for the final Direct despite revealing a lot of requested characters as ATs right off the bat.

A pic posted by him with no reasoning whatsoever being eerily similar to Golden Sun scenes after interviews done that say he doesn't tweet stuff out for no reason.
*points to Ridley's Shadow pic of the day*

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Like I just mentioned in my bigass post, Vergeben hasn't been incorrect in any of his statements, but his statements have not reflected the full scope of what's in the game. He got Simon and Isabelle after E3, but wasn't aware of Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, or any of the other content mentioned in the August leak.

So it's possible that there's more he doesn't know. And given that the weird unknown item in that one video might be from Golden Sun, I think there's hope. I don't care about Isaac myself, but I care about him for all your sakes.
I wouldn't like to spread misinfortmation so correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't Vergeben the one who said "No DK character" or something along those lines?

paper roxy

Smash Ace
honestly, if sakurai actually made a character he *knows* has a following an assist trophy after holding of on deconfirming him until after all these little nods to the series he's from? he's a jerk and i lose a lot of respect for him, and i dont even care about isaac. ( i havent even played golden sun lol )

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
To hell with it, if Shadow is at least playable, I'll still buy it. I'll still be pissed about that damn box.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's Skull Kid and Incineroar in the same trailer? No idea how that would work, but Sun (Fire?) vs Moon (self-explanatory)

I really doubt Ken gets his own trailer.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I'm not even a huge fan of Isaac and i'm already feeling anti-hype with this direct.

How the **** did that fake Grinch leaker pull off all of that fake ****? I simply refuse to believe all of that happened unless we have a superhuman living somewhere in the world.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Regardless of what's being said I've been believing Isaac is playable even before Grinch leak and I ain't stoppin' now I will see it through to the bitter end.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Like I just mentioned in my bigass post, Vergeben hasn't been incorrect in any of his statements, but his statements have not reflected the full scope of what's in the game. He got Simon and Isabelle after E3, but wasn't aware of Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, or any of the other content mentioned in the August leak.

So it's possible that there's more he doesn't know. And given that the weird unknown item in that one video might be from Golden Sun, I think there's hope. I don't care about Isaac myself, but I care about him for all your sakes.
Unfortunately the part in question is the part I care about. :(

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
devil's advocate counterpoint: a lot of what he got right in Ultimate was never originally his, and his record outside of smash is so spotty that it should never be taken as definitive
And hey, if this latest trend with insiders supposedly knowing about Incineroar is anything to go by, even that may not have originally been his as well.

And now we've got him contradicting other insiders. It's like I said before, What he says ain't no guarantee.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
I'm not even a huge fan of Isaac and i'm already feeling anti-hype with this direct.

How the **** did that fake Grinch leaker pull off all of that fake ****? I simply refuse to believe all of that happened unless we have a superhuman living somewhere in the world.
1. Its not fake yet
2. We've been dealing with insider bs this entire day

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Thanks dude. I mean it's really REALLY going to suck if Isaac is an AT but of course i'm not giving up hope until Sakurai does his AT massacre reel and kills my boy on screen.

That being said of course, the silver lining here is that Isaac could get enough votes in another Ballot to promote him to playable status and have Matthew replace his AT in an event like that.

D

Deleted member

He's probably a really talented artist.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
And of COURSE my most wanted Smash character in history, Geno, is the one character who seems the most mysterious in all of this. XD Not one insider saying confirm or deconfirm. XD I am trembling right now.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Conspiracy:
Isaac is not an Assist Trophy. Verge is only claiming he is because his source(s) said that he is because he saw gameplay footage/that person's source(s) saw gameplay footage, thought Isaac was an Assist Trophy because of certain movements, etc. but that gameplay is actually a character.

Idk though, it's a stretch.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Someone mind linking ZHuge saying Isaac is an AT?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Neither of these explanations explain why those changes are only really in places that are blocked off and hidden from view in the regular mural.
"Only really" is the qualifying part of that. There are also changes, some big, not blocked off by characters, and easily noticeable by someone paying close attention to detail. Again, doesn't mean it's true, but it's a plausible explanation that satisfied my skepticism.

SuperSmashLover

Smash Cadet
Consider this line of thought.

Why would Verge even say something as controversial as that to begin with?
Had he said nothing, he would have had less things he said have to come true, which would give him more consistency, and by extension, more credibility.
Yet he went out of his way to confirm Isaac's AT status, despite the potential to be incorrect. That displays at least some level of confidence.

Now whether you believe he's being paid off, is actually correct, or at this point has gone full loz18 is up to you, but it's an interesting thing to think about nonetheless.

Whichever the case, it's quite a turbulent time to be a Golden Sun fan.
But then why is Verg allowed to say something that could point out game content, but not Mystic? That only makes me think Verg's sources are less reliable, or possibly completely made up

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok at this point I think our answer is pretty ****ing obvious.

No way did Nintendo not send out BS info about the direct. That's exactly why every insider has a different story. It's not even a conspiracy, its so in our face and their face that it should have been noticed sooner.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
And of COURSE my most wanted Smash character in history, Geno, is the one character who seems the most mysterious in all of this. XD Not one insider saying confirm or deconfirm. XD I am trembling right now.
Skull Kid and Geno are the ultimate mystery. Geno could be one of the ATs people say are on the banner, but he could also be the Square Enix character that Verg has mentioned before.

Skull Kid is completely free from all of this and now has a high possibility of getting in if Grinch is fake.

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Well, so Sakurai waited to the last direct to put one of the most requested characters as an assist trophy? i dont know, it doesnt seem right...
In my opinion he would be deconfirmed in the first E3, no way he will wait until now to reveal something that will dissapoint for sure.
This combined with Verg's seemingly spiteful timing are the two main reasons why everyone should mostly disregard his post. Now the leak might be fake, the background changes - lava-fall thing and the crystal stuff - are hard to shrug off. But Isaac could be in anyways. The leaf-looking item to me is stronger evidence than even what Mystic or whoever says.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Maybe it's Skull Kid and Incineroar in the same trailer? No idea how that would work, but Sun (Fire?) vs Moon (self-explanatory)

I really doubt Ken gets his own trailer.
A sun vs moon themed trailer
They Sub has Isaac
The Moon has Skull Kid
Together they have Incineroar

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
I could see Ken and Shadow being revealed kind of unceremoniously, and then since we've heard a lot of rumors about two characters sharing a trailer, I think we could get two unique newcomers in one cinematic-type trailer, so that could be 4 newcomers.

That seems like something that could make sense, or maybe it's way off base, hell if I know, I just want to see the direct!

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Spirits mode allows players to collect spirit orbs as currency and drop them into assist trophies.
The three highest ranked assist trophies by March will be made into downloadable characters.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Someone mind linking ZHuge saying Isaac is an AT?
He didn't. His post simply stated "Looks like some are putting the pieces together."

There was one post who started with "Putting the pieces together, I think:" which had Isaac as an AT, so some are thinking Zhuge was referring to that post.

Vergeben however, did outright say Isaac is an AT.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Isaac was probably my most-wanted leak character but he didn't even crack my most-wanted characters in general. I'm sad for his fans, which includes two of my best friends...but I'll try not to let this dampen my hype. Maybe I'll get lucky and Elma really is in...or any of my most-wanted. Even Incineroar.

I'm sorry, Isaac fans. I don't want to believe it, but I guess we will know for sure when the Direct rolls on through.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Conspiracy:
Isaac is not an Assist Trophy. Verge is only claiming he is because his source(s) said that he is because he saw gameplay footage/that person's source(s) saw gameplay footage, thought Isaac was an Assist Trophy because of certain movements, etc. but that gameplay is actually a character.

Idk though, it's a stretch.
Okay, now say it in English.

Jk, I got it. But when did Verge say Isaac was an assist? What did I miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom