• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Whole thing reminds me of Krystal...was planned for brawl but then scrapped...omitted from Sm4sh(even tho everyone thought she was in because voice actress leak iirc, then was just a weird very specific gimmick, and now she’s an AT in a game where most of the cast is comprised of older highly demanded characters...sad.

Really stinks for the Isaac people out there...but who knows, he could be wrong. Every single theory/leak could be wrong.

BUT with this being said I really hope people aren’t too upset I mean this game is shaping up to be literally unreal(this is obviously easier said than done but I’ve accepted awhile ago that my most wanteds most likely won’t be in base and I’ve been at peace with that.)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
There's a post on there saying the following:
- Ken & Incineroar playable
- Shadow and Isaac as ATs
- Chorus Kids and Mach Rider as trophies
- No sign of Geno or Banjo
- One or two other newcomers

That is, allegedly, "putting the pieces together", according to one insider (and this insider is very deep in Nintendo and has posted a lot of closed doors investor meetings, amongst other info).

And, those pieces aren't Jiggys.
I keep seeing this but literally nobody has proved this insiders credibility

Roberk

Smash Champion
Bruh I have little affiliation for any of these characters and I'm just in it for the ride, but Isaac as an AT would be a legit **** move. Like, I'd prefer Isaac to not be in the game at all if that's the case, at least he'd have a shot at DLC/Ballot 2.0. With how much Sakurai is making this game "for the fans" I know that he wouldn't do such an ass thing. Verge is just mad that the Inceneroar prediction he's been riding for the past few months is failing him and now he's just trolling.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben says Isaac is AT, the Mystic guy was pretty certain he's playable, and of course there's still the Grinch...this is all so confusing. I might have to take a break from speculation and just tune in on Thursday when we'll get all our answers. Que sera sera, whatever will be, will be...
This right here lends some credence to the "everyone is receiving false info" conspiracy theory. Each insider seems to think their version is right, but none of them actually align with each other. It all comes down to who you believe at this point. I'm inclined to go with Verge since he's been rather consistent with Smash and I still don't even know why Mystic has any sort of credibility, but these conflicting reports have to mean something.

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice

That is, allegedly, "putting the pieces together", according to one insider (and this insider is very deep in Nintendo and has posted a lot of closed doors investor meetings, amongst other info).

Okay. Please link it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I made a list while we wait.

This is Radical Bones' 20-1 list of favourite reveals. Least favourite to favourite. Minus DLC reveals as they didn't really have trailers.

20. Shulk reveal

19. Duck Hunt reveal

18. Pac-Man reveal

17. Wii Fit Trainer reveal

16. Isabelle reveal

15. Mii Fighter reveal

14. Robin and Lucina reveal

13. Bowser Jr. reveal

12. Little Mac reveal

11. Simon/ Richter reveal

10. Villager/ Smash 4 reveal

9. Rosalina reveal

8. Palutena reveal

7. Ridley reveal

6. Greninja reveal

5. Mega Man reveal

4. Inkling/ Smash Ultimate reveal

3. Sonic reveal in Brawl

2. King K.Rool reveal

1. Brawl/Pit/Meta Knight/ZSS/Wario/Snake reveal

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Verge has an opinion/leak/whatever the hell he has...and I don’t trust him anymore (due to the lack of Shadow of course)...he is getting more angry and less trusty
This. He's gotten some things right before, but right now verge is acting really full of himself. Don't lose hope, Isaac fans! This guy doesn't know what he's talking about anymore.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Or he's lying. Like a lot of the insiders are likely doing right now.
I don't think Verge or any insiders are lying. In general, I take people at their word unless I have good reason to believe otherwise. I feel like a far more likely scenario, that reconciles this conflicting information, is they genuinely got information from credible sources, that will maybe turn out to be not so credible.

Thankfully, we'll all find out in less than two days.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
One trend I'm not a fan of is using inconclusive evidence to disprove other theories.

Ya guys can't disprove a theory with another theory, come on.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

I pray this is wrong...I just want to play as Shadow...

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
And are you ignoring that he's been wrong precisely once with Ultimate and disowned that leak which he posted in March?
devil's advocate counterpoint: a lot of what he got right in Ultimate was never originally his, and his record outside of smash is so spotty that it should never be taken as definitive

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm getting December 2015 vibes here and it sends chills down my spine. I hope this isn't the case.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
it might just be a coincidence but Gamexplain expeculated as much. They have done some previous guesses that have turned out to be true before too and people here have brought up this before here.

It would truly be sad by not totally unexpected. Could that be the character that insiders mentioned to be an assist trophy as part of the conflicting information?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Isaac is indeed an assist again. It won't surprise me when Ultimate's game data is hacked there will be data showing Isaac was planned.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So both Isaac and Geno are being rumored to be ATs now? Sorry for their fans if this turns out true. If its vetted from Vergebens main sources then GG

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Oye, if Isaac is an AT then that is DEFINITELY a character that you deconfirm right away to avoid false excitement (Ashley). Not cool, Sakurai :(

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Completely random guess here: The Smash Direct is going to have more dislikes than likes on YouTube.
It could show a 40 minute long loop of "Get Dunked On" and it would still get more likes than dislikes.
Keep the negativity to a reasonable level, man.

D

Deleted member

I’m not listening to anyone’s words, except for this man named Masahiro Sakurai. I’m not sure how well known he is, but his track record is 100% accurate. He has the best sources and never gets anything wrong, and he told me he has a large indodump ready for Thursday. I’ll let you guys know what he tells me.
Same here. Sakurai's words only matter, not anyone elses. I'm not gonna lie, I'm going to be a bit sad if he chooses to make Isaac AT again, considering all the support he got. It'll be a depressing thing to see, for me at least :(.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Yeah, so Sakurai, who's established a theme of "doing it for the fans" and having fan favorite picks is going to bring back a fan favorite request such as Isaac after being completely gone from Smash 4, and make him an assist trophy again?

No, I ain't believing that crap for one second.
b-but the grinch leak is too good to be true! if it isnt garbage it isnt real!

Potato_

Smash Lord
With more and more options getting shot down by insiders, I'm seriously wondering who these fighters that are left are.

Either they're wrong, or there's some characters in here that NO ONE expected, or had written off in the past.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Or he's lying. Like a lot of the insiders are doing right now.
Doubt it. Just like I doubt the insiders are lying. Verg has already worked hard to make sure he is sure of information before releasing it now. After being burned a lot, he's matured and been more careful. Not to say he's highly mature(jeez, the guy can be a jerk), but still.

It's more likely if anything, they'd be given bad information or trust the wrong people. Cause that happens to pretty much all leakers.

I doubted the mural leak was real for a while now, and it has inconsistencies that cannot actually be shrugged away by "compression issues". It's using a blatantly different background from all the other murals. There's no questioning that. If it's real, they made a new background just this one time. If it's fake, it just means a troll worked hard to make a convincing leak. Which while it's not super hard for many people to do, technically speaking, it still did a good job at convincing others.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oye, if Isaac is an AT then that is DEFINITELY a character that you deconfirm right away to avoid false excitement (Ashley). Not cool, Sakurai :(
Which is exactly my point. Isaac should have been one of the AT's shown off in June or August and the fact that he could still be an AT after all the teasing is egregious AF.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Is it possible considering the crap Verge got on GameFaqs he's lying and said that out of spite?

Unlikely but could be a possibility...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Exactly. There's precedent, so it's entirely possible he did. But--if so, it was not good planning, especially if the ballot was used to inform some of the roster.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
With more and more options getting shot down by insiders, I'm seriously wondering who these fighters that are left are.

Either they're wrong, or there's some characters in here that NO ONE expected, or had written off in the past.
If the insiders are indeed correct, which is a big if, I'm gonna guess Ayumi Tachibana.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I keep seeing this but literally nobody has proved this insiders credibility
I'm admittedly not too into researching insiders, but I believe Nekoo Nekoo is more aware of who ZhugeEX is in terms of a reputation as they brought him up hen he first entered the ring.

I've only ever seen him tweet out info on Nintendo's investor meetings, so I'm assuming he's in really deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom