• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh boi. So that ResetEra post might actually be very close to what happened.

I believe Verge more than any other source too. The Grinch Leak background was always setting off an alarm for me too.
Which ResetEra post? Could you elucidate for me before I head of to bed, please?

paper roxy

Smash Ace
The background appears to be reverse engineered from the ground up. Team Real tends to claim it my only appear to be this way because of blur and compression, but some changes we have a hard time buying are because of that. Not to mention that these changes are all in places that are obscured by characters in the officially confirmed banners, which is very hard to believe is purely due to coincidence.

You aren't going to convince me "Snapchat compression" managed to magically change the shapes and positions of those crystals in the third panel.

It appears to us that the leaker didn't know there was a blank version of the background available and thus had to create his own in order to move all the characters around. This seems like very convincing evidence against the leak to me.
it doesn't seem impossible when you take into consideration that it was a screenshot (and those usually compress even more in my experience) and im pretty sure it was from a video, which would be way different than a normal photo

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I just want to point out that, if Isaac was indeed AT'd, that means we fans have been screwed twice. The entirety of the Smash 4 cycle and up until what seems to be the last or second-to-last Direct for Ultimate we've been in the absolute dark just for an "LOL get ****ed" right by release.

Like, Nintendo brings back the character just to give us a huge middle finger at the end. Why?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nope, that's his reddit account.
Nah that's his reddit account. I've had his Gamefaqs account bookmarked for a while and I can confirm it's the same one.
I think that's just on reddit, but I'm not entirely sure. Couldn't find a "DasVergeben" on Gamefaqs
Yeah, forgot about that.

Conflicting information on Discord. Anyway, well, that's that then. Either his source is wrong or the mural is wrong.

Shroob

Sup?
WELL.........

VERG'S THROWN ANOTHER PIECE INTO THE RING.

AND NOW THAT DUDE ON RESETERA ON TOP OF THIS....

Thursday is going to be VERY interesting indeed.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wow, imagine that. Bringing him back just to be an item.
Yeah that'd be really frigging stupid to give him an item and not have him playable.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Vergie has his info wrong and that Isaac is in. It sounds self-serving AF but all the evidence points to Isaac's inclusion. Why a series with an AT would get it's own item is beyond me.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Now I feel like Isaac was the sacrificial lamb for Geno, unless Verg is just screwing around. They have very similar situations.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Everyone quick! Lock in your final guesses

Me: Ken, Incineroar, Shadow, Dragon Quest character.

Sora at VGA announced as first DLC
Leak ends up being true. Playable characters were spread as assists, causing insiders to firmly believe a leak, when presented, was false. Incineroar shown off in a general Nintendo Direct.

*locked in my answer*

Do I think this is likely? Maybe. But it's a plausible scenario that makes sense of the conflicting info, combined with insider's certainty. Will totally be okay with being wrong.

So, no--I don't have to apologize to any one, whichever's true :p

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
it doesn't seem impossible when you take into consideration that it was a screenshot (and those usually compress even more in my experience) and im pretty sure it was from a video, which would be way different than a normal photo
The crystal's orientation and shape can't be explained by "****ty video compression". They're totally different.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
At this point, after seeing the verge's claim that isaac as AT, I'm really doubting it because how can Isaac return AS AT in Ultimate instead of being actual character. He was AT back in Brawl, but why so suddenly claiming that Isaac was AT again? I'm getting suspicious about that ****. I have feeling that Verge saw the Emily's post and decide to piggyback it up.

Insiders doing this kind of **** is making me suspicious and I don't like it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A video is just a rapid fire slideshow.

Besides I'm no computer expert but I'm pretty sure compression doesn't work that way.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
WELL.........

VERG'S THROWN ANOTHER PIECE INTO THE RING.

AND NOW THAT DUDE ON RESETERA ON TOP OF THIS....

Thursday is going to be VERY interesting indeed.
What did the dude on ResetEra say?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just want to point out that, if Isaac was indeed AT'd, that means we fans have been screwed twice. The entirety of the Smash 4 cycle and up until what seems to be the last or second-to-last Direct for Ultimate we've been in the absolute dark just for an "LOL get ****ed" right by release.

Like, Nintendo brings back the character just to give us a huge middle finger at the end. Why?
Don't forget Sakurai giving fan demanded characters like :ultkrool:and:ultridley:. Why would he not give them Isaac whose probably been requested as long?

That and Verge has been wrong before.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah that'd be really frigging stupid to give him an item and not have him playable.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Vergie has his info wrong and that Isaac is in. It sounds self-serving AF but all the evidence points to Isaac's inclusion. Why a series with an AT would get it's own item is beyond me.
We don't know if that's a Golden Sun item itself, actually. It could be, but it isn't clear on that. Not that it would matter that much, since we get items for series that aren't playable sometimes too.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
That was a still image. The only video is the spliced banner underneath both picture. Compression won't make those details disappear.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Now I feel like Isaac was the sacrificial lamb for Geno, unless Verg is just screwing around. They have very similar situations.
I'll be even more cheesed because IDGAF about Geno and I really want Isaac.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm going to laugh if Sakurai literally brought Isaac back as an Assist.

And then shortly after die of cardiac arrest.

Oh lawrdy I gots the vapors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom