• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
As funny as a fighting Tetrisman would be, I'd prefer Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo as a puzzle rep with a Puyo Puyo Tetris stage and then Tee from PPT as an assist who drops Tetris blocks. That seems more plausible.

That said, I would love some Tetris rep! I've loved that game since before birth, apparently - Mum once told me whenever she'd play it while pregnant I'd start kicking. Makes me laugh. Tetris DS is one of my favorite games on the DS and Puyo Puyo Tetris is one of my favorite games on the Switch!
Arle Nadja would be amazing :) I've been wanting her for a while now. Also Lip would be too

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Guys my source has told me how the direct opens.

Rather then Sakurai's comfy living room, the scene is now a dark and cold cellar.

A man is being shackled to the wall. Sakurai walks in and says

"Hello I'm Mashiro Sakurai and welcome to the Smash Ultimate Direct. Recently someone has been very naughty and I've felt the need to make sure you all learn from their mistakes.

*Camera pans over to the shackled man.

Sakurai: You all know who this man is and what he's done. So now he's gonna pay. This ****** crossed some lines when he took those rosalina amiibo. That's why she was our latest sight update, to give him a warning. But he wasn't bright enough to see it. Don't worry it will be over soon though."

*Draws out the rifle that the mech was modeled with.

Sakurai: Any last words?

Mariotehplumber: Suck my ****! **** Nintendo!"

Sakurai: Poor choices indeed. *BANG

"Never leak my ****ing game again"

NineS

Smash Lord
Yeah, shame on them. Who on EARTH would have a disturbing obsession over certain characters and it'd be okay?!!!
Ugh, I know. I CAN'T stand people like that.
I mean, seriously, GET A LIEF POPLE!!!!!111!!

On another note, listen up folks! Each 2B supporter gets one of these for free!

2plush chibi.png

Come on! Look at it, it's adorable!
It's stoic! It's Chibi!

You'll miss out! Wouldn't you want an amiibo of these one day? I know I do.
Try to tell this little face no.
and by "one of these", i just mean you get to download this image for a later day.

Oh yeah, vote for Boshi too. 2Boshi.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
So, who else is just.... flat out not going to sleep tomorrow night?

Knowing me, I'll sleep right through it if I try to wake up too early, and I'll also be an idiot and spoil myself like August's.
I can live with waiting.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Rather then Sakurai's comfy living room, the scene is now a dark and cold cellar.

"Hello I'm Mashiro Sakurai and welcome to the Smash Ultimate Direct. Recently someone has been very naughty and I've felt the need to make sure you all learn from their mistakes.

Sakurai: You all know who this man is and what he's done. So now he's gonna pay. This ****** crossed some lines when he took those rosalina amiibo. That's why she was our latest sight update, to give him a warning. But he wasn't bright enough to see it. Don't worry it will be over soon though."

And then Sakurai pans the camera to all the other leakers who have terrified looks on their faces lol.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Knowing me, I'll sleep right through it if I try to wake up too early, and I'll also be an idiot and spoil myself like August's.
I have a class on thursday and it ends the exact same time the direct starts, I'm still undecided on whether I should skip or not lol

Last edited:

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Listening to the new GameXplain discussion has me doubting the leak unfortunately. Originally it seemed possible that 'insiders' had conflicting information because that info was out of date (Gematsu information) but with Jon and his otter image clearly indicating he knew the direct was coming, his source seems to still be active. If he's still demonstrating predictive abilities, it's less reasonable to write off his other predictions given his track record, even if he's not sharing his evidence beyond 'We had reason to believe it was fake.'

I'm sure they have good reason they feel they can't, but I wish they could just say why they don't believe the grinch leak. It's easy to infer they have a source either confirming or deconfirming at least one character that conflicts with the banner, but then they go on to say that speculation will be totally spoiler free. Feels like they're being disingenuous.
And the character they believe isn't on the roster is Banjo-Kazooie [but they are].

MTP is the Chadondorf leaker, saw this same exact "Grinch/Banner" leak back on September 28 on Discord, posted about it on 4chan the same day in a text leak but added a bunch of fake stuff to it (such as Dixie Kong and Ray 01 being cut), someone finally shared visual evidence of it just last week, and leakers/insiders/journalists claim this leak is fake because it conflicts with the outdated info they are being told.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

Considering I haven't gotten a full 8 hours of sleep in weeks, and no announcement on Thursday can beat Dark Samus for me, I'll probably be able to sleep just fine.

Mr. Z and 27 others

Smash Rookie
Hey, just made an account after lurking for the past week due to all the rumors and leaks and whatnot.

My theory is that Smashboard mods posted the grinch leak to spur speculation and get people to make accounts.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yeah, shame on them. Who on EARTH would have a disturbing obsession over certain characters and it'd be okay?!!!
I have absolutely no Idea what you're talking about... Nope, not one bit...
anyways, I need my RH rep pronto

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I think we're safe this time around. I really feel Geno is coming!
i do too!! ive had a feeling geno would get in ever since the mii costume (sakurai said something abt it hopefully making up for him not being a character i think?) so thats why ive been excited whatsoever for ultimate. king k rool and the main character from one of my favorite series (snake) was also a nice bonus

D

Deleted member

I wake up at 6 for work anyway and the direct is 7 my time.
Life is good when you're a boring person who goes to sleep at 10.

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
This is all I have left to say at this point, and I'm using this 2013 TerminalMontage video to say it.

TerminalMontage and D1 both will freak if Geno is confirmed, and I can't wait to see the TerminalMontage video/ D1 reaction video when it happens.

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
Please tell me that you are joking about Tetris being greatest character for smash.

I don't see that tetris have potential to join smash or the fact that there's ****ing blocks that can be mashed to make up person.
I didn't say it'd be the "greatest character." (the greatest character for Smash would be Terra or Slime/Loto)

And it wouldn't be a bunch of blocks in the shape of a person. It'd be closer to this mock-up:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Think I'm gonna take a break from this thread for a couple days. Too much flipping with the leaks going around, and the direct is a day and a half away at this point. Good luck to everyone wanting their character to get in. I'll tune back in likely a couple days after the direct.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Who the crap is Mariotehplumber?

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace

when stuff like this happens I usually end up waking up at around 4:30 am in anticipation

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
And the character they believe isn't on the roster is Banjo-Kazooie [but they are].

MTP is the Chadondorf leaker, saw this same exact "Grinch/Banner" leak back on September 28 on Discord, posted about it on 4chan the same day in a text leak but added a bunch of fake stuff to it (such as Dixie Kong and Ray 01 being cut), someone finally shared visual evidence of it just last week, and leakers/insiders/journalists claim this leak is fake because it conflicts with the outdated info they are being told.
Your timeline doesn't make sense.

First of all, Jon knew the direct that's going to happen this week.

Aside from that, there's hardly any outdated info on a game that's coming out so soon. Smash 4 was a whole different beast with Gematsu. That was 2 years of work we knew was happening.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Can someone on team fake compile all the reasons why the leak could be fake? I'd like to compare what reasons I have for believing and what reasons I have to not so I can decide how hyped I wanna be before Thursday to make sure I dont get too overhyped and end up absolutely being crushed if the leak is fake.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Who the crap is Mariotehplumber?
Some pretty big jerk who got famous for hoarding rosalina amiibo just because he hated the character...
He's currently believed to be the Ganondorf leaker, thanks to both of them saying "Broken Clocks"

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I didn't say it'd be the "greatest character." (the greatest character for Smash would be Terra or Slime/Loto)

And it wouldn't be a bunch of blocks in the shape of a person. It'd be closer to this mock-up:

Wow, that looks awful.
I'm all for more unconventional characters, but I'm not at the point where I'm going to take literal shapes as playable characters.

I think it could definitely work as a stage though.

D

Deleted member

Some pretty big jerk who got famous for hoarding rosalina amiibo just because he hated the character...
He's currently believed to be the Ganondorf leaker, thanks to both of them saying "Broken Clocks"
He's also a troll. A pretty sad one at that.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
He hoarded Rosalina amiibo cause he hates her? That makes no sense.

Also what ks this ganondorf leak? Isn’t he already in the game?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
He hoarded Rosalina amiibo cause he hates her? That makes no sense.

Also what ks this ganondorf leak? Isn’t he already in the game?
He probably burned them or something

I'm talking about the Chadondorf guy...
I should've been more specific...

Last edited:

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Can someone on team fake compile all the reasons why the leak could be fake? I'd like to compare what reasons I have for believing and what reasons I have to not so I can decide how hyped I wanna be before Thursday to make sure I dont get too overhyped and end up absolutely being crushed if the leak is fake.
Th-the banner has some discrepancies that could be explained by snapchat's ****ty compression
I'm not kidding. That's it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom