• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Dude, I'm really thinking you're in denial at this point, stop being a damn downer and enjoy yourself.
Dudette, and no. I'm not going to enjoy myself until Thursday. Enough has happened to me lately that I don't expect to have any sort of luck on Thursday.
I'll be the happiest person alive in this thread come Thursday I'm sure. But, alas, it's Tuesday.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Y'know what, I'm really hoping for Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, Skull Kid, and Chorus Kids.

Even if we only don't get Chorus Kids, I'll still feel disappointed, despite not having played Rhythm Heaven.

At least the Grinch Leak gave us a bunch of meme potential and nice fanart, even if it turns out fake.

...also, something's definitely up for the blog schedule to change extremely all of a sudden.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Just gonna say: There’s literally no reason to compare this direct to any of the Smash 4 directs. The difference between Smash 4 and Ultimate is that we got the majority of the game’s content thrown at us during E3 in which the Smash segment was essentially a Smash Direct in itself. And the 50 Facts Extravaganza already had all of their characters revealed like Luigi The President Luigi The President said, so they had to focus on a bunch of minor things to make it worthwhile.

The only content we don’t know about is Spirits, All-Star Mode, Online, the Mini Games, Final Smashes, Trophies and the rest of the items, Assists, and Pokeball Pokemon. And with the last three, the majority of that stuff has been revealed, so it shouldn’t even take that long. You can say “Well, Nintendo likes to drag out their explanations” but the August direct was rather rapid firing things at us, so I doubt stuff like Trophies and Final Smashes are gonna take up 3 minutes at a time.

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
Honestly the fact that so many insiders seem to think the leak is fake would normally convince me it’s fake, but you can’t deny that their behaviour has been strange.
Before the leak it seemed like only Vergeben and a few others knew anything, and even then they made mistakes fairly often. But now it suddenly seems like everyone and their mothers know with absolute 100% certainty what the final roster is. They are so incredibly sure that they don’t bother even debating the evidence and counter evidence of the leak with us lowly peasants. They have their sources after all, and they can’t wait for the direct to show us how wrong we were. Am I going crazy? Where did all those people come from and why do they act as if we should accept their word as God’s own truth?

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to make note that this general thread has gotten more and more hostile as the days go on. Please don't be rude to each other and attack each other over a leak, an insider, or someone's wants. It's incredibly unwelcoming for this community and from the outside makes it look like a terrible means of discussion.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Rosalina and Luma is the update for today, at least for the Japanese site at the moment.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Again, this all started from me refuting another poster who said he was Square's most popular character, then you came in.

But it's good. We're good. Go Team Geno.
And yeah, you're absolutely right, he isn't.
So...
Yeah.
:drsad:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Just gonna say: There’s literally no reason to compare this direct to any of the Smash 4 directs. The difference between Smash 4 and Ultimate is that we got the majority of the game’s content thrown at us during E3 in which the Smash segment was essentially a Smash Direct in itself. And the 50 Facts Extravaganza already had all of their characters revealed like Luigi The President Luigi The President said, so they had to focus on a bunch of minor things to make it worthwhile.

The only content we don’t know about is Spirits, All-Star Mode, Online, the Mini Games, Final Smashes, Trophies and the rest of the items, Assists, and Pokeball Pokemon. And with the last three, the majority of that stuff has been revealed, so it shouldn’t even take that long. You can say “Well, Nintendo likes to drag out their explanations” but the August direct was rather rapid firing things at us, so I doubt stuff like Trophies and Final Smashes are gonna take up 3 minutes at a time.
So does this mean more Character reveals are possible?

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
rosalina and luma blog post, music will be there im guessing once the direct airs

Untouch

Smash Master
Pretty nice of Sakurai to dedicate today's blog to MarioTehPlumber for his hard work in creating the grinch leak.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Wait, so were people under the assumption we wouldn't get a character revealed? Not having a music track means nothing. We're just going to get one tied to one of the newcomers revealed

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
No, I mean like this newcomer's probably from a newly represented series
They'll be from multiple newcomers I'm sure.

And even in the case of let's say it's Geno. He could still bring music from Super Mario RPG with him. I doubt we'll get everything from the direct dumped onto the website immediately after the direct is over.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
So does this mean more Character reveals are possible?
My personal opinion? Probably. Character trailers on average are barely 2 minutes long, and I honestly doubt we’ll be getting many moveset breakdowns due to the Treehouse being right after it. That’s what they did with Ridley at E3.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Pretty nice of Sakurai to dedicate today's blog to MarioTehPlumber for his hard work in creating the grinch leak.
Wait... was MarioTehplumber that one guy who hoarded all of the Rosalina Amiibos during the Smash 4 days, just because he hated her?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why on earth are people conflating Ridley and lack of relevancy?

The dragon's been in damn near all of the Metroids, to the point where he was retconned into one. Dude's a driving force of the series.
Plus he's been the final boss twice and, oh, did that little thing of KILL SAMUS'S PARENTS AND BE HER MOTIVATION TO BECOME A BOUNTY HUNTER.

Polan

Smash Lord
Honestly the fact that so many insiders seem to think the leak is fake would normally convince me it’s fake, but you can’t deny that their behaviour has been strange.
Before the leak it seemed like only Vergeben and a few others knew anything, and even then they made mistakes fairly often. But now it suddenly seems like everyone and their mothers know with absolute 100% certainty what the final roster is. They are so incredibly sure that they don’t bother even debating the evidence and counter evidence of the leak with us lowly peasants. They have their sources after all, and they can’t wait for the direct to show us how wrong we were. Am I going crazy? Where did all those people come from and why do they act as if we should accept their word as God’s own truth?
the game's a month away from release and we're very likely going to see the final roster this thursday. don't really see anything strange with insiders releasing the information that they have right now. we'll know everything in a day or so anyway.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
That's strange, I checked the blog and they hasn't updated the music yet. Maybe they are preparing for massive updates that is related to Smash Direct on this thursday?
Preparing this:
I have a source that is telling me a version of this is indeed in the game. As well as a newcomer related to it. That's how I know the Grinch leak is fake now because he sent me this as proof.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
still hoping for the grinch 7 to be real, or at least some of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom