• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Lmao, one Grinch leak later and everyone has gone from

"Two more is fine its the ultimate smash, we got Ridley and K.Rool" to "**** Sakurai how dare he"
There was no lack of warning either lol.

Next Smash Sakurai should just reveal everything 1 month before the game releases, nobody will complain then

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Listen guys, I honestly have no idea what Zhuge has confirmed before. I know who he is, but tell my WHY i should believe him for smash related news

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Isaac going from AT, to completely gone, to AT again is the ultimate disrespect. Has that ever happened in Smash before? It's so ridiculously mean-spirited I can't fathom Sakurai doing it.
It's literally impossible for it to have happened before, this is only the third game with assist trophies. :V

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
if issac is really an at again, id really just rather them not put any golden sun content in the game, it feels like less of a slap in the face that way

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I just want to have a match between Ken from Street Fighter and Shadow the Hedgehog on a ****ing Intergalatic Star Fox Stage.

I want this leak to be real for that, to show the seemingly impossible matchups actually happen.

Like... would anyone believe you if you told that that Ken vs. Shadow was possible in a Smash game Pre-E3?

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
And Jon entertained the idea rather then shut it down.

This is also the third time playable Tetris block has come up in their discussions.
holy **** ive been joking about a playable tetris block for the past few days but if that actually happens ill laugh my ass off

and i wouldn’t even be opposed to it

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
I just wanna say, I think we should trash anyone's comments that predict 3 or less fighters coming to the game. The direct is 40 minutes! Let that sink in for a little bit. There is no way the direct would be this long unless there were multiple characters left to be revealed in a big number. Lets be real, the spirits mode at max will be talked about for 10 minutes because assuming it is single player, they wouldn't want to spoil the plot and therefore will not give a lot of details. We only have a couple of stages left to be revealed and some of them connect to some of the new fighters so the stages not connected to the new fighters will probably take 2-3 minutes. Then you have items/ assist trophies which will probably take an additional 5-6 minutes at most and probably another 4-5 minutes worth of generic info. That leaves about 17 minutes alone to focus on other things presumably new fighters for smash. Echoes take about 2-3 minutes to go over and new characters take about 3-4 minutes so I predict that there will be at least 5 fighters still left to be revealed in the direct (2 echoes and 3 unique characters). I am gonna take a wild guess from the grinch leak and say they would probably be Ken, Shadow, Issac, Banjo/Kazzoie, and Geno as the playable fighters but I could be wrong. But that is what I am gonna predict for the direct.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Lmao, one Grinch leak later and everyone has gone from

"Two more is fine its the ultimate smash, we got Ridley and K.Rool" to "**** Sakurai how dare he"
The roster is great right now, but the last characters being a clone and yet another pokemon is kind of ridiculous. Even two clones and a pokemon would be better than that. Anyone who misinterpreted Vergeben to mean that there are literally only two more characters left is just a sucker for punishment.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A playable Tetris block would be the hypest thing ever.

I really want that to happen now.
I'd love to see the Final Smash where the foes are dropped into holes as Straight line blocks and...

DELORTED!

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Probably BS but this is super Random from him

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Okay, we're clearly talking about two different things here. Back up a few replies.

A user said that Geno was Square Enix's most popular character.

I refuted that based on the fact that, well, no he is not. Final Fantasy has 20 or 30 ****ing sequels. Tomb Raider has three motion pictures. Dragon Quest is on number... what, 11? Kingdom Hearts stars goddamn Disney characters.

When I say "Smash echo chamber", I mean this very forum and the greater Smash community that is overwhelmingly aware of who Geno is, possibly (and probably) despite never actually playing his one and only game. He is popular among Smash fans. This is arguably due to pack mentality and bandwagoning, but whether it's "real" or not, he has a huge following within our community. Outside that community? No. Especially not when being compared to some of the most prominent videogame and multimedia franchises of all time. That was my point like four posts ago. And what you're saying is just fleshing out what the echo chamber is and why it's important to the possibility of Geno's appearance.
So long as you're willing to add "and the Mario community" to that, I can accept that answer. You have no idea how much of Geno I saw before I actually got to play Mario RPG myself, and it certainly wasn't due to Smash.

If you want to argue echo chamber for two of some of the most popular franchises in all of gaming, with a lil bit of Final Fantasy sprinkled in there, arguably the most popular RPG series of all time (I can assure you as a FF fan that Mario RPG comes up a LOT)... Sure. "Echo chamber".

Last edited:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice

Probably BS but this is super Random from him
Icineroar obviously. Unless he means that Skull Kid is hiding below Mach Rider and everyone ignored him.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
if issac is really an at again, id really just rather them not put any golden sun content in the game, it feels like less of a slap in the face that way
Not only that, but to hint at Golden Sun and there maybe being a Golden Sun item in the game and then in the last Direct you reveal you’ve been hiding him as an Assist trophy again? That would be the lowest thing to do lol. I can’t see Sakurai doing that.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
What's funny to me about insiders is that they had literally nothing to say until the leak came to light, then suddenly everyone wants to talk, I guess.

I can't wait until Thursday, and probably a good week end full of "I told you so" no matter who's right and then we can all go back to being friends and loving Ultimate.
It's human nature to seek attention.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
So long as you're willing to add "and the Mario community" to that, I can accept that answer. You have no idea how much of Geno I saw before I actually got to play Mario RPG myself, and it certainly wasn't due to Smash.

If you want to argue echo chamber for two of some of the most popular franchises in all of gaming... Sure. "Echo chamber".
geno is popular, but he is certainly not the most popular square character, that probably goes to cloud or sora

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
So what's the current status?
I got lost many pages back.
Is the grinch still alive? Is there any new credible leak? Has the photo of the box with the bag been debunked yet?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So everyone is #teamfake now? Weak
No, just that there's so much contradicting info going around no-one knows what to believe.

I choose to believe that Gardevoir is up there and not a cloud. I may be a bit disappointed at the end but I'll be disappointed with MY interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom