• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I doubt anyone is going to play every character much, we're pushing 80 characters.
My head spins when considering the possibility that the roster is currently 70+, there's still a few left to show, and DLC is most assuredly gonna be a big thing given Nintendo's comments today on DLC.

Good grief, if it weren't for the fact I was certain on Inklings being my main from the beginning, choosing a main would be a nightmare for this game. :dizzy:

D

Deleted member

My head spins when considering the possibility that the roster is currently 70+, there's still a few left to show, and DLC is most assuredly gonna be a big thing given Nintendo's comments today on DLC.

Good grief, if it weren't for the fact I was certain on Inklings being my main from the beginning, choosing a main would be a nightmare for this game. :dizzy:
It's easy choosing a main. Just main random. :)

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
It goes SmashBoards>ResetEra>GameFAQs.

I honestly never saw anyone be completely out of line here. Not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see it. Some people got worked up, but no one got nasty. And in the event that someone does, we have a good moderation team to handle it.

ResetEra's moderation has always been corrupt, allowing toxicity and misbehavior so long as they agree with it, and banning people for doing nothing wrong simply because they disagree with what's being said. NeoGAF was the same exact way, but less people noticed it.

But GameFAQs has almost no moderation, so people get to be as vicious to each other as they want. Not to mention it's a more broadly popular site, so it attracts a broader pool of individuals, which usually means you catch some nasty people in that net.

SmashBoards is more of a civil democracy, ResetEra is like a fascist police state, and GameFAQs is an anarchist cesspit.
And let me guess 4chan is hell incarnated :p

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
For those of you that are from not-English speaker country.

Did you like the narrator/announcer in your language?

Spanish announcer sucked big time, and from that moment I use all my devices in English (cellphone and consoles). Xander voice's just perfect.

Hope we get a decent announcer this time , Zelda BOTW did a great job with the mexican spanish dub.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Okay, pack up, it's less than 40 minutes, we're only getting Ken.

I was talking about more in lines of :ultrob:, but they're fine too, I guess.
Ken's reveal trailer turns out to be a 30+ minute black and white film project Sakurai has been working on.

Don't lie, you'd still watch it

paper roxy

Smash Ace
its kinda offputting how quick people are to back supposed insiders as fact when they arent always right and can always be fed false information

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay, pack up, it's less than 40 minutes, we're only getting Ken.
I legit chuckled out loud.

Serious note: Could you imagine the salt if Ken were, in fact, the only newcomer left? Everyone would forget they hate Corrin and focus all their ire on Red Ryu.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Just a reminder that when mewtwo got presented as "coming soon", while teh game haven't released on wiiu, it already have been released on 3ds!, so no day one DLC announcments. and certainly no day one dlc.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It goes SmashBoards>ResetEra>GameFAQs.

I honestly never saw anyone be completely out of line here. Not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see it. Some people got worked up, but no one got nasty. And in the event that someone does, we have a good moderation team to handle it.

ResetEra's moderation has always been corrupt, allowing toxicity and misbehavior so long as they agree with it, and banning people for doing nothing wrong simply because they disagree with what's being said. NeoGAF was the same exact way, but less people noticed it.

But GameFAQs has almost no moderation, so people get to be as vicious to each other as they want. Not to mention it's a more broadly popular site, so it attracts a broader pool of individuals, which usually means you catch some nasty people in that net.

SmashBoards is more of a civil democracy, ResetEra is like a fascist police state, and GameFAQs is an anarchist cesspit.
Agreed. About ResetEra, even if they were right, they are still the losers for being arrogant and toxic, and condescending, too. They are no better than anyone else, no matter what.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace

Spanish announcer sucked big time, and from that moment I use all my devices in English (cellphone and consoles). Xander voice's just perfect.

Hope we get a decent announcer this time , Zelda BOTW did a great job with the mexican spanish dub.
im english and i dont like the guy we have

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
While most people are excited for new character reveals in the final direct, I am just waiting for them to launch a demo of Ultimate.

Never played Ultimate despite appearing in conventions/tournaments and I wanted to play REALLY BADLY.
lol same here actually. I really want them to announce a global Test Smash for the month of November. It would certainly help pass the time further until the full release.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Everyone would forget they hate Corrin
Nice one.

Ken's reveal trailer turns out to be a 30+ minute black and white film project Sakurai has been working on.

Don't lie, you'd still watch it
I can't believe Sakurai is a Andy Warhol fan, too!

I don't have one in my language but I think I like the English one most. French and Japanese ones are also pretty good, imo.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm almost positive generic anime boy is gonna be DLC along with generic waifu bait.

Still too popular.

Another generic anime boy with perhaps a waifu alt from Three Houses will likely be a thing too.
I want a generic husbando bait, too.
Puh-lease, we already have the top tier husbandos and waifus in this game:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
If the Grinch Leak is proven fake after the direct, I want to know how it was done. It would have been the best fake leak of all time if it didn't play out. The faker should get into the Guinness book of world records for how meticulously crafted it was.

If it's real I'll be happy, if it's not I'll be okay. I was always neutral anyway.
Honestly not really. The mural is something an amatuer could pull off in a day or two. Its the back story behind it that have people attached to it, but even if the person does work at a printing shop, thats the extent of it....

Lets see if working in a printing shop with no confirmed connections to Nintendo is enough to be real in the end.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This guy is posting this for months now, he said "November" various times

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/437061608
This leak has also been saying that some of those are DLC.

I find it hard to believe they planned DLC out that far in advance.

Also vault boy would be the most wtf choice out there.

He'd be interesting but how can he be a character when he doesn't even technically exist in fallout?

Also I don't know the joke here, but this sounds really good and fitting for the thread theme:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
So, once this direct shows itself and we have the entire roster to in the palm of our hands, naturally we're going to start talking about DLC and rallying behind characters that didn't get in. It's the natural order of things.

My current predicament is...

Do I support my favorite Nintendo character unfairly stifled to a mere assist trophy?

Do I support my favorite third party character, who might have a legitimate shot of one day being in?

Or do I go the true fan route by supporting my favorite character, who has no hope of getting in at all?
Sometimes I see posts like this and remember how stupidly lucky I am when it comes to Smash. My three favorite characters of all time :ultlink::ultlucina::ultshulk: and my favorite Pokemon :ultlucario: two times in a row now. I guess it's why I'm not really that invested in newcomers.

Wish you guys luck in getting your wants :drohyou:

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
Guys, remember, this is the final Smash direct but not necessarily the final Smash announcement. If there really is a second direct this month, and it's a Nintendo Direct (or Mini Direct), we could easily get 1 or 2 more characters.

I'm anticipating about 4-5 characters this direct though.

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
Honestly not really. The mural is something an amatuer could pull off in a day or two. Its the back story behind it that have people attached to it, but even if the person does work at a printing shop, thats the extent of it....

Lets see if working in a printing shop with no confirmed connections to Nintendo is enough to be real in the end.
It's not really the story behind it that means anything to me, but the attention to detail in the characters, blurry as it is. (Chorus Kids and Isaac especially)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Just a reminder that when mewtwo got presented as "coming soon", while teh game haven't released on wiiu, it already have been released on 3ds!, so no day one DLC announcments. and certainly no day one dlc.
I don't think it's entirely out of the question. Nintendo has dabbled in modern DLC practices, with day one DLC, season passes and preorder bonuses in other games.

At this point, it's anyone's guess. This has been a very different development cycle from the other Smash games, and Nintendo's approach to post-launch support has changed significantly over the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom