• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
Oh FFS Direct announced while I was away

Are you all ready for Reggie to be the only new fighter

gloop898

Smash Cadet
If I had to guess character reveals for the direct,
Ken, Incineroar, Chorus Kids, Geno.
Shadow and Isaac will end up as assist trophies.

I do think this "Spirits" mode will be a lot bigger than people are expecting. If there aren't a lot of character reveals I could see it being close to Subspace.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What it currently feels like to be a Geno fan after random "insiders" have suggested Shadow, Isaac, Chorus Kids, and Mach Rider are actually assist trophies and that Banjo isn't even in game in the last 24 hours:

View attachment 173677
The guy in the costume represents the insiders while the guys firing at him are the angry fans. But you all knew that.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If all of the really popular newcomer requests are in the base game, who does that even leave for DLC? That's why I am saying, it's possible Waluigi and Krystal could be promoted via DLC, albeit unlikely

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
With the feature-length of the combined Direct and Treehouse session, I expect they will broadcast the presentation at select cinema theaters, as they sometimes do for high-profile non-film Japanese productions.

Sponsored, of course, by Illumination Studios.

Lunacial

Smash Cadet
Imagine my shock waking up and the first thing I hear about is that theres a smash direct in 2 days lol
This is make it or break it, fellas

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Can we get a compilation of recent Insider rumblings? I am very interested in the "those banner characters are actually ATs" stuff.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Respects to your wishes. I like Layton too, but honestly, I don't see him as a fighter (don't let that stop ya from working for it). I know, they made Phoenix as one but that was just odd (Smash is odd anyways).

Edit: Man, I feel so evil for saying that. Sorry.
nah its good fam lol Its a bit hard for others to see him as a fighter if they didnt play the games, Its pretty understandable. I think the main reason why Phoenix Wright odd Choice was because you don't normally see an attorney kicking people's ass and you normally don't see a professor kicking people's asses either but in the games he kicks plenty of it
Nah don't say that, the Layton series is big and popular enough for a character in Smash and from what I've seen, Layton has had a good enough amount of demand too. Especially during the ballot period. If most of the characters from the Grinch leak end up making it in too. Then I'd say he has a fairly decent shot for DLC. Especially if Sakurai keeps supporting Ultimate for a good while.

But yeah, here's hoping for the best.
The demand for Layton did surprise me when the ballot was announced lol. Welp I guess I won't give up hope just yet. Hopefully DLC we'll be golden if he isn't in the base game

D

Deleted member

So guys.

What do you think Spirits mode is?

Do Sakurai mentioned an Adventure Mode along with the Classic Mode?
Imagine that Spirits is narrated by Stan Lee or Charles Martinet (hear his voice acting in Skyrim to check how wonderful Martinet is at that).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If Emily says Grinch leak is bunk then it looks like we're done. :/
Man, I'm still waiting for my copy of Mother 3.

Also, when are they going to release a port of Mario Kart 8 on the Switch? You think they have done that by now.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
If all of the really popular newcomer requests are in the base game, who does that even leave for DLC? That's why I am saying, it's possible Waluigi and Krystal could be promoted via DLC, albeit unlikely
Take a wild guess at who I’m about to mention.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
At long last, the madness can END.

No matter what ends up happening, ladies and gents, it's been an honor speculating with you all. Its had its lowpoints- oh boy, has it ever- but there's no better bunch of misfits I could have hoped to share it with.

Bring it on.

1534055656612.gif

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Also, when are they going to release a port of Mario Kart 8 on the Switch? You think they have done that by now.
And my Splatoon 1 port. Emily said the thing shown off in the initial Switch reveal definitely wasn’t a Splatoon 2 and had to be a port, so...

Enchess

Smash Lord
Can we get a compilation of recent Insider rumblings? I am very interested in the "those banner characters are actually ATs" stuff.
Are insiders saying that? That would be a huge coincidence if the banner was fake, but the characters in it still had a prominent role. After all, if the banner is fake then there's 0 reason to believe the faker knows a thing about what's in the game.

Honestly, that sounds like insiders trying to talk out their ass.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Since we're close to a direct, I feel like this leak has kind of changed my perspective on things. Even though a vast majority of these characters aren't really who I want, they're still what other people have wanted for a really long time and I feel like an ultimate Super Smash Bros. should focus on big requests like that as opposed to maybe what's new. Right now, I'm not really into Spring Man so much as I am with Shadow or Geno, and considering he's the most likely ARMS candidate, I wouldn't want those easy new picks emphasized over more requested ones that might legitimately only have their one and only chance here. There are no veterans to account for, so the team's focus goes into these characters that have been wanted for a really long time.

I would find a new Pokemon from Gen VII kinda boring if it was just another starter. I would find Spring Man fairly boring. A character from the first Mario RPG that has had no appearances outside of a cameo in a Mario & Luigi game that was taken out in the remaster? That's such a weird pick that I want to see happen because of the fandom around that character. If nothing else, the fact that Geno has such a following despite having become such a nobody would be a much more worthy inclusion than Pokemon starter or new IP flavor of the month.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
By the way, I looked back at all the past Smash Directs.

This will be the longest Smash Direct ever, as long as the direct is longer than 39 minutes (which it probably will be).

1. This Direct (around 40 minutes)
  2. April 2014 (39:04)
  3. 50 Fact Extravaganza (35:24)
  4. December 2015 (Final Smash 4 Direct) (33:22)
  5. August 2018 (26:59)
  6. E3 2018 (Roughly 25 minutes)
  7. June 2015 (18:22)
So the December 2015 Direct was 33 minutes long. What new stuff could they have talked about for 33 minutes a year after the game had come out? I can only think of Corrin and Bayonetta

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Let's go Inceniroar let's go muscle bust that Grinch!

And or everyone is just here and the fans go home happy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Martinet is underrated as a voice actor.

Sure, we all love him as Mario... But nobody wants to remember his work in Skyrim.

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
Lmao this whole insider thing makes no sense. How come so many are coming forth with information after the leak? Why didn’t they say how many characters they knew before?

Also, someone’s sources are gonna be wrong after all this. Papageno’s source says all are in and Incineroar is DLC. Mystic’s says that it’s like 5 of the characters plus Incineroar. Vergeben has only said Ken and Incineroar. And there’s so many other combinations. Some just say it’s straight up fake. Gonna be mad interesting.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So how would I be able to watch the direct later without getting spoiled? Is there a direct link?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Was a Direct officially announced? I'm at work (now on lunch break), so I don’t have time to check the previous pages.

Substitute

Smash Apprentice

Oh sure, let's cherry pick stuff from four years ago. It's not like she didn't leak the name of the game or anything like that.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
If the Grinch leak is true, who will you guys be maining?
From that leak, Mach Rider turns out to be the only one I'm remotely interested in. And only if he's not always on the bike.

I already got Simon, who has been my most wanted since Brawl.

I'll mostly just be happy for Geno and Banjo fans. I've given them **** in the Brawl days for wanting what I perceived to be unnecessary characters at the time, but ten years later, I think they finally deserve to be in the roster now. For sure.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Lmao this whole insider thing makes no sense. How come so many are coming forth with information after the leak? Why didn’t they say how many characters they knew before?

Also, someone’s sources are gonna be wrong after all this. Papageno’s source says all are in and Incineroar is DLC. Mystic’s says that it’s like 5 of the characters plus Incineroar. Vergeben has only said Ken and Incineroar. And there’s so many other combinations. Some just say it’s straight up fake. Gonna be mad interesting.
Just for the sake of correction, Verge's source says Ken, Incineroar and maybe a Square character (basically Geno, maybe Sora)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom