• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
ohhh lord this is gonna be wild

no matter who ends up being right, at the very least we can look back fondly on the flood of grinchposting

Last edited:

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
The 40 minutes presentation could be used to show the trailers for all the 7 characters in the leak, plus Spirits, Online and the remaining modes. Then the Nintendo Treehouse segment could explain each one of the new movesets in depth, so that Sakurai doesn’t have to waste time doing so during the presentation.
And will that be seven character trailers or just one with fries?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I guess it could be! I meant how he goes reviews things in Direct formats but I suppose that could count as well. Again, it was just an observation.
I don't think we'll get one in that format for K Rool or Isabelle, since to my understanding he only talks about characters right after he reveals them

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
What are y'all gonna do today pass the time till the direct? I'm 20 hours into tales of Beseria and I don't have any classes until Thursday at 11:10. I'll be playing that with my fiance basically the whole time. I'm psyched that I'll be able to watch the direct live before class!

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
This will be my first live smash direct. I only really got into smash late August this year. I watched the Isabelle announcement live but that was a Nintendo Direct. This is gonna be way better.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Since this final direct will answer everything, it's useless to state this.. but I'll do it anyways :p
Two things in regard to the G.Leak:
1. It's not a wrist band. It's a circular hang banner.
2. Skull Kid is not under Mach Rider bike. That's the engine.
ahh.. I feel better now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually, I just came to the realization, you guys.

The Smash Direct isn't real, the announcement is a bit too blurry for my eyes.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Indeed, this game so far has blown my expectations out of the water.

1. Daisy and King K. Rool are playable fighters
2. EVERYONE IS HERE!
3. All but about 15 stages from past games, beautifully updated
4. A proper Classic Mode for once
5. Much needed QOL updates
6. Battlefield form stages baby!
7. Good grief the amount of songs in the game
8. ...and more

Whether Grinch leak is true or not this game is already more than I could have possibly dreamed it could be. Can't wait for Thursday!
Oh man, tell me about it.

1) The original trailer is, to this day, incredible. I remember seeing it, thinking they wouldn't be doing another splatoon update so quickly, thinking it might be smash, brushing that off as too hopeful, and then it happened!
2) EVERYONE IS HERE! is to this day such an amazing moment. I can still pinpoint each moment in that trailer where it kicks it up a notch. First there's Mewtwo appearing weirdly early, Ice Climbers running in, Pokemon Trainer, then Ryu and Ganondorf, Cloud, and the utter catharsis when Snake appears.
3) RIDLEY.
4) The character trailers. Oh my god, we don't talk about them enough. They kept me going for another directs length after the fact. It was so good.
5) The Belmonts trailer was AMAZING, even if I knew it going in thanks to the site leak.
6) Squad Strike is the COOLEST mode and I hope we use it more often.
7) The new Classic mode is amazing! I really like seeing it personalised for each character and that will make doing it as everyone so much more enjoyable in the long run.
8) King K Rool! My most wanted character, full stop, and he appeared in the most amazing way. I will never forget the goosebumps that trailer gave me.

Even if there are characters I don't personally intend to touch (Daisy, Chrom, Richter, Isabelle) this has been so good. We've had so many big hitters, so many new features, the game is so FUN (I've played it twice at two demo stations) that the fact we've still got so much more to come is mind-blowing.

I really hope Grinch is true. If it is, this game has the best newcomer roster, and I didn't think I'd see a game beat Brawl. Even if it isn't, this game is already amazing regardless of what gets added to it in a couple of days time.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Oh god. It says it's the FINAL Smash Direct as well. I wonder if that means if all the characters will be shown, or if more are eligible to be shown in a normal direct later on before release. Probably the former. Anyhow I'm hYpEd as hell.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
This will be my first live smash direct. I only really got into smash late August this year. I watched the Isabelle announcement live but that was a Nintendo Direct. This is gonna be way better.
Watching them live is definitely a treat, can't argue there.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
See what happens when you think Bright and Cheerful while having some patience? We got a Direct coming this week and it'll be lasting quite a while.

However, I am not technically fully hyped or celebrating just yet. Let's just say I prefer to see with my own eyes... plus I fear that no matter what, there will be a negative side to it considering what has happened in the past. I just hope people won't be at each other's throats no matter what we get, though we know that it'll happen somewhere in the world. Let's try not to have those thoughts and ignore the "who's right or who's wrong" routine, and just be satisfied that something official got announced at last.

But anyways, at least we're closing in to something new coming our way after quite the endurance test of patience.
For me, Phosphora, Medusa, and Monster Hunter, I'll be rooting for ya.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
OH BOY 10AM. CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT WHEN I'VE ALSO GOT A CLOSING NIGHT SHIFT THAT SAME DAY.

.... It's going to be a very long day for me.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
What are y'all gonna do today pass the time till the direct? I'm 20 hours into tales of Beseria and I don't have any classes until Thursday at 11:10. I'll be playing that with my fiance basically the whole time. I'm psyched that I'll be able to watch the direct live before class!
I have commissions I have to be doing...which I've been...avoiding...to binge read this thread...welp. Guess I have no reason to procrastinate anymore.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I just came to the realization, you guys.

The Smash Direct isn't real, the announcement is a bit too blurry for my eyes.
Idk, it looks pretty legit to me.

Why don't we track down the Linkedin page of this guy called @NintendoAmerica on Twitter and see if they're an insider or sth.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
I'm personally hoping that we do actually end up getting Banjo and a Rhythm Heaven rep this time around regardless of the leak.
But if not I always keep my hopes up for either of them to be DLC.
I'm also hoping that Banjo looks more like this than the other two fan renders that go around, they make him look like he hasn't eaten in days
maxresdefault (3).jpg

D

Deleted member

Aww that's so cute. I love it!
Well I didn't draw it, I just added the Zoe for Smash stuff. I should've made that clear, sorry.
The art is by SmittyG, but I suggest you don't look him up since his other works are mostly NSFW. :ohwell:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Oh god. It says it's the FINAL Smash Direct as well. I wonder if that means if all the characters will be shown, or if more are eligible to be shown in a normal direct later on before release. Probably the former. Anyhow I'm hYpEd as hell.
Two ways that could go:
1. Every character will be revealed in the final direct (The more likely scenario).
2. They hold off one more character for the supposed other direct coming this month (I honestly don't see this happening).

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I would love it if the direct shows off Shantae, Ken, and Dixie as the last fighters, it would not only be awesome for me, but throw Gamefaqs into a frenzy.

D

Deleted member

This is it. Our final battle!
This business of relying on leaks and... so forth seems quite absurd to me. The Grinch will excuse himself now!

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Ok, here’s a non-leak discussion topic:

Is there a character that you wanted previously and probably had a shot in appearing but due to reasons, it never happened for one reason or another?

For me, anime Meowth would had been a better Pokemon rep thank Jigglypuff. It would of been awesome to had him in 64.
  • So much Pokemon! While I'm happy we got Lucario for gen 4, I would've loved Darkrai, or Arceus, or Empoleon, or Shaymin, or...
  • If Echoes were around in Brawl, I'm almost certain we would have got the MGS2 iteration of Raiden. As is, even if we did somehow get Raiden, it'd be likely to be the MGS4/Rising incarnation.
  • If we were to get a Persona guest, it'd probably be Joker, which means there's virtually no chance of Minako being in. Same goes for SMT - it'd probably be Flynn, which means no chance of Raidou.
  • One that's very current, as another Pokemon - I'm confident Eevee won't be playable, but now is probably it's only chance, with Let's Go Eevee being current. (Seriously, imagine a FS like Pokemon Trainer's, but with all the Eeveelutions)

kylexv

Smash Master
By the way, I looked back at all the past Smash Directs.

This will be the longest Smash Direct ever, as long as the direct is longer than 39 minutes (which it probably will be).

1. This Direct (around 40 minutes)
  2. April 2014 (39:04)
  3. 50 Fact Extravaganza (35:24)
  4. December 2015 (Final Smash 4 Direct) (33:22)
  5. August 2018 (26:59)
  6. E3 2018 (Roughly 25 minutes)
  7. June 2015 (18:22)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom