• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

link2702

Smash Champion
And now the nervousness begins. Who’s gonna be revealed? Who’s deconfirmed? Which theory is real? What if they’re all fake and Nintendo put out a very elaborate scheme to keep everyone confused so no one truly had any “real” leak, just things nintendo deliberately put out to spread misinformation?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Just getting a break from work to find out we not only have a direct, but it's also a whopping 40!!! Minutes long!

Spirits will take up around 15 minutes at most - leaving 25 for characters, stages, modes minimum. Honestly, a lot of complaints about the grinch leak were that there was no way Sakurai would have enough time to reveal 5 newcomers and 2 echos in a single direct - now it appears he has enough time.

Grinch vs. the world Thursday 10 AM EST.
This IS LITERALLY The Undertaker vs. Mankind levels of amazing

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
It is the last presentation before release as said in the tweet, which I think soft confirms DLC.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sakurai: "It's time to launch the Direct."
employee: "Right now? But it's still an entire month away from release!"
Sakurai: "There's been a leak, we can't wait any longer. We need to do this. November will just be dedicated to Let's Go Pokemon anyway."
employee: "...I understand, sir."

So, uh, the Direct just so happens to start around the time I'm working.

What's the strat for watching it spoiler free again?
You make a beeline for the Youtube stream video, try not to look at recommended videos, then go on full-screen mode.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
And now the nervousness begins. Who’s gonna be revealed? Who’s deconfirmed? Which theory is real? What if they’re all fake and Nintendo put out a very elaborate scheme to keep everyone confused so no one truly had any “real” leak, just things nintendo deliberately put out to spread misinformation?
Why would Nintendo falsely leak the best newcomer roster we could get, only to make it fake?

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I find it weird that the Grinch Leak happen one week before the final direct. It could be just a coincidence, but that leak got so many coincidences around xd

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Back from my toilet break, what did I mi-

OOOOOOOOOH. 40 minutes of pure, unadulterated Smashy goodness. Even if we aren't getting as many characters as the Grinch suggests, there's plenty of room for so much more. More stages (bls)! Online! Spirits! Other single player stuff! Alt costumes!

As this is my first direct since joining SmashBoards, how do these things tend to work here? Do we all migrate over somewhere else? Cos I'd imagine that the sheer volume of traffic and the 'HE'S INs' and cries of anguish at Assist Trophy reveals would probably count as spam.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm taking a guess and saying we'll get 3 uniques and 2 or more Echoes.

While the Direct is long, I don't think that necessarily means fighters will eat up the biggest chunk of time. We still have the Spirits mode, trophies, returning modes like Home-Run, any new stages that could get revealed alongside new characters, the rest of the menu (extras, etc.), and whatever new features that haven't been done before in previous Smash games.

Even if you believe the leak and aren't budging, I'd highly recommend lowering your expectations just in case. You've got nothing to lose by doing so.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
My bet: 3 unique characters. A total of 8.
3 echoes. A total of 8 new.
Number 8 is everywhere people, this is the Nap_'s crappy theory!
And probably I'm going outta here till the show ends because I don't wanna see some insiders or leaked bull****.

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Welp **** me, Ill be in school in that time.
How can I dodge all the spoilers?
This is what I usually do when I have no time to watch Directs live. I temporarily unsubscribe to all game news related channel such as Gamexplain, turn off ALL notification, put my phone on Airplane mode and unplug my PC until I get a chance to watch it.

And when I watch it, I don't go to Youtube, I go directly to Nintendo's official Direct archive site and watch it there.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Finally, I can use this PFP...
I made it before the Grinch leak even happened so...

Anyways, Remember that Mystic said that there will be a trailer with a dual reveal...

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
E3: 67 characters
August: 5 characters
November 7(?) characters

Yeah, I don’t see the problem here.

Crossing my fingers...

Last edited:

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Just saw my facebook.

So... Direct on November 1st?

Ok guise. my body is ready.

40 mins.... 100 facts extravaganza?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
40 minutes is honestly insane to me, 2 months after the 8.8.18 Direct I was still rewatching it just because I enjoyed how incredibly well put together it was, with this Direct I'm practically set until release.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
Can you pass
This is what I usually do when I have no time to watch Directs live. I temporarily unsubscribe to all game news related channel such as Gamexplain, turn off ALL notification, put my phone on Airplane mode and unplug my PC until I get a chance to watch it.

And when I watch it, I don't go to Youtube, I go directly to Nintendo's official Direct archive site and watch it there.
Can you pass me a link so i can go straight to it when Im free

D

Deleted member

Good morning everyone! How are y'all doing tod --

sees 40-minute Smash Ultimate Direct getting announced.

THE DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE. SPAWN WAVE KNEW.

AND I HAVE THAT DAY OFF AND GET PAID THAT DAY!

IT'S TIME, MY BOYS!

HYPER_AAAAAH.png

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Great, a Smash Ultimate Direct is happening! We’ll finally see if the Grinch leak is real or not.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord

Can you link that here? Gonna run into a similar issue where my only chance to watch it is literal minutes after it ends.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Finally we are going to learn if the Grinch leak is real or not

40 minutes is a phenomal sign for the leak that's more than enough time for 7 characters

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
Ok what are people's Final Predictions and what is your stance on the Grinch Leak?

I personally think it's fake, but has characters that are going to be in.

Characters:
Incineroar
Sora
Geno

Echoes:
Ken

I'm going in expecting not much (Yeah I know its 40 minutes), but I hope to pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Could you imagine having a Banjo-Kazooie amiibo alongside your King K. Rool
I have never understood the appeal of amiibos. It's great for those that do, but it always seemed bizarre to me.

But now there's a slim chance of a Banjo & Kazooie amiibo? Hell yeah, I'd buy that. And then I couldn't just have one--I'd need Mario, Link, Pokemon Trainer (if it happens), Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man, etc.

Nintendo, if you want my money--come and take it. :chuckle:

link2702

Smash Champion
Why would Nintendo falsely leak the best newcomer roster we could get, only to make it fake?
Who knows? But they’ve likely been so annoyed in the past over leaks that maybe they were willing to go to absolute extremes to keep everyone confused? We just don’t know to what degree sakurai might have went to keep everything secret.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
So...

doesn't the existence of this Direct justify why a random French company had the final banner with all those character? I mean, if they reveal the complete roster this Thursday they would want to start promoting the game all November long, explaining the leak.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
The 4 newcomer reveals took an average of approx 1:51, if you remove the animal crossing announcement and the Richter segment of Simon's trailer. The trailer for Chrom and Dark Samus echoes took about 2 minutes. So you're looking at under 12 minutes in a 40 minute direct. Completely doable, and silly to think it's impossible.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Here it is guys, looks like it could be the final info dump right before the bundle goes on sale, as anticipated. Let's see if the leak was right. Best of luck everyone

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Not sure why there are folks saying 7 characters is too much for a 40 minute direct. The echoes won’t take long, and characters can be revealed without detailed explanations.

And even if they are, it’s a 40min direct + Treehouse. The treehouse was Ridley’s explanation time. I can see that this go-around too for however they end it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom