• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You know what absolutely baffles me about this leak is Insiders are claiming it's fake, but several of them are saying Geno, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Ken, Shadow are still in the game, along with Incineroar lol. Are we really going to chalk it up as yet ANOTHER coincidence if this leak is fake? To get 80% of its characters right anyway lol?
This is what has a lot of people bent out of shape. Banjo is a big "I dunno" for most insiders with only Papageno's source being the only one who has said "yes or at least very probable." Mach Rider is the only character that insiders have claimed is not playable or even an assist trophy. Yeah so, 5 seen as likely regardless, 1 as ambiguous but a small nudge towards positive, and 1 as unlikely, along with a suggested 2 characters being missing with one of them all but definitely being Inceniroar.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hmmm I'm gonna barely be able to watch this...
I work at 11:15 ...
That being said, If I can't watch it, and my bois are announced, please @ me...
Okay?
Actually, @ me even if I am there...

kylexv

Smash Master
The day of reckoning will come in 48 hours. That's refreshing.

Also here's the gist of the Direct, for those wondering:
  1. Airs at 10AM EST/ 7AM PST
  2. Around 40 minutes long (at least 10 minutes longer than the last Smash Direct)
  3. Treehouse Stream afterword focused on Smash, LGPE, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Diablo 3
  4. My man Sakurai will be there during the direct
Things are looking good for the Grinch as of now, but it is still too early to tell.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If the grinch is real, is 40 minutes enough time to reveal and discuss 7 characters, and talk about spirit mode and the other stuff like trophies we haven’t herd about?
I feel like that depends; Ken and Shadow likely wouldn't take much time to reveal (much like Chrom and Dark Samus), so that's more like five characters, and one character could be saved for the Game Awards (seeing as Nintendo regularly has an announcement there, and it's the day before Smash Ultimate releases so it still matches the claim that every character could be revealed before release).

Four or five character trailers does still seem like it's pushing it, even if the gameplay will likely be elaborated on in the Treehouse stream as opposed to the Direct itself, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I was just about to go to sleep, son of a... forty ****ing minutes though! YES, YES, YES!

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
N
If the grinch is real, is 40 minutes enough time to reveal and discuss 7 characters, and talk about spirit mode and the other stuff like trophies we haven’t herd about?
NVM thought what was announced was a regular Nintendo direct. Interesting!!! im hyped

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wait, at what hour is the direct?

*worries increase*

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Goddamn, I know that Nintendo has finally released a new Direct, but like, can we take a break now?! This thread is going to crash again and with it the server!!

Untouch

Smash Master
If they're going to segue from direct to treehouse I don't think they're going to have an old demo to showcase as that would look pretty odd.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
I think they purposely used the word "final" in order to prevent further speculation about another Direct. This not only proves they're aware of the ****storm, but also that they don't want any more of that during this last month.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I feel like that depends; Ken and Shadow likely wouldn't take much time to reveal (much like Chrom and Dark Samus), so that's more like five characters, and one character could be saved for the Game Awards (seeing as Nintendo regularly has an announcement there, and it's the day before Smash Ultimate releases so it still matches the claim that every character could be revealed before release).

Four or five character trailers does still seem like it's pushing it, even if the gameplay will likely be elaborated on in the Treehouse stream as opposed to the Direct itself, but we'll see.
The game will be out in Japan when the Game Awards is airing.

kylexv

Smash Master

In terms of a character being saved for the Game Awards, they will have to be a DLC character if anything.

By the time the Game Awards happens, the game will be out in Japan and Europe already.

Pegg

Smash Rookie
Guess it's finally time, huh?

The final newcomer is Postman Pat, please understand.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Treehouse means a lot is getting covered.

We're about to know everything boys and girls.

Gird your loins and be prepared.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Lmao I literally checked Nintendo's twitter as soon as the clock struck 2 not expecting anything and I just screamed HOLY ****! Was not expecting that!

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Okay so conspiracy theory time.

It's very possible that this is the final blowout of Smash information. In fact that's probably I'm expecting.

However, what if this Direct is for all the Grinch characters, and Incineroar is reveled in a general Nintendo direct? Like Isabelle he'd make sense for that role as it's something about every Nintendo fan can recognize.

This'd mean the Grinch materials were meant from promotional purposes from November 1st to whenever the November Nintendo direct comes out.

Probably reaching, but I thought it'd be interesting to share.

Last edited:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice

There are a few characters that have similar themes and might be revealed together. Mach Rider and Shadow both have guns and bikes, Geno and Isaac are both astral themed.

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
So, will there be a direct viewing thread? Or would people use the same thread here for the direct. First time I'll be hanging around here for a direct, so not sure how it goes here.

D

Deleted member

"When box theory dies, that's it for them. But their thoughts of Incineroar will always be passed down to someone else! Isn't that the same, with you insiders? Your old sources pass down Incineroar to your new sources. We're no different!"

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
>Spawn Wave is in a 10-0 streak so far with the Direct announcement

PLEASE BE RIGHT ABOUT THE VGA ANNOUNCEMENT I REFUSE TO GIVE UP NOW
If it happens then first thing I'm doing is going on here to see your reaction lol :p

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
4 minutes per character would mean 28 minutes (which is still generous, considering the fact that Ken and Shadow are echoes), leaving 12 minutes for Spirits and the other stuff. It's doable in my opinion.
You don't even need to describe all of them. Ridley, K. Rool and Isabelle were never described, only had their 2 minute trailers and that's it. Id imagine some of them are like this

Untouch

Smash Master
Castlevania stuff got 6:30 of time.
Excluding Alucard and Richter, it was about 5:30 minutes.
The two echos got about 3 minutes together, that'd be about 30 minutes just dedicated to character reveals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom