• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly, I think this whole situation took a turn for the worse the moment that the MarioTehPlumber theory was created concerning his whole involvement in this.

That theory existing is just frightening
Okay. Who...what...when...where...and HOW did I miss this?

Fred Herbert

Smash Rookie
There is no way the leaker would go through all of this hell, making a perfect recreation of the banner just to leave out a tiny detail on Greninja's tongue. The leaker would be much smarter than that. Also, people didn't freak out as bad when seeing the background inconsistencies, but they freak out over Greninja's tongue?

It's been discussed before. With almost a week into the Grinch leak, you'd think we would have debunked it fully by now. The only way we will know for sure this leak is fake is the upcoming Nintendo Direct.

I believe the Grinch Leak still stands. Goodnight folks.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I'm so glad we can now move past the Grinch leak and talk about other stuff.

What do you want in the direct that isn't Smash?
You're not paying attention are you? Don't blame you, because this **** is confusing...but the grinch is still alive.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
team real trying to defend the leak everytime someone brings up proof against it

seriously though someone photoshop the grinch to the guy on top
All right, I'll play your game.

Team Fake making their counter arguments:

giphy (1).gif

KiBom

Smash Journeyman

I want a Monster Rancher revival that hooks up to Spotify or Apple Music or whatever other streaming service.

Also I want Suezo in Smash.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I feel like the OP needs to be updated with new info regarding the status of the Grinch leak.

I completely understand why people don't have the time to read 50+ pages but it gets tiring seeing a lot of posts saying "OMG this confirms everything, pack it up folks" when it's been debunked already.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I think people are taking the team part a little too literally. It wasn't meant to divide up and go to war, it's just a quick way to see if you believe the leak or not really, it's all semantics.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You're joking, right...I can't do this again.
Pfft, can't even debunk it, can you? I always knew Team Real was just looking for a Team Steal on the glory.
If you're constantly on-edge and ready to throw hands at the most obvious joke in the world I think you need to log off and go to bed.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Now that the Grinch theory is back in Purgatory, let’s talk about the brand new theory I’ve just discovered called the “Pixel Theory”

If you look closely at every single pixel on the Mural, you can see a picture of Stanley The Bug Man, which officially confirms him for Smash.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
There is no way the leaker would go through all of this hell, making a perfect recreation of the banner just to leave out a tiny detail on Greninja's tongue. The leaker would be much smarter than that. Also, people didn't freak out as bad when seeing the background inconsistencies, but they freak out over Greninja's tongue?

It's been discussed before. With almost a week into the Grinch leak, you'd think we would have debunked it fully by now. The only way we will know for sure this leak is fake is the upcoming Nintendo Direct.

I believe the Grinch Leak still stands. Goodnight folks.
I would actually believe more that the leaker would miss a small detail like that. It's happened many times before.

Last edited:

Tinarg

Smash Cadet

TeamReal vs TeamFake in a nutshell

Seriously guys. We're all here because we share a common interest in Smash. Why are we letting something so petty tear us apart?

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Another livelihood potentially ruined. And for what? So we could know information we would find out in a month? This Smash cycle has been eventful for sure. But it's also brought out the worst in everyone, and I think it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Here's the gun
Your Gif:

Vs the leak:

I don't know how you managed to make the leak image even more pixilated in your GIF but you did, it's very misleading.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, at the very least, this leak is definitive in its characters.

Whichever announcement comes next will confirm or deny it, and by God, something's gonna get announced in the next two weeks, because Sakurai isn't stupid enough to have a direct be right when shipping companies have begun leaking early copies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Xenoblade Chronicles X or Mario Maker Switch versions being announced or at least teased. That is, if it's a general direct. But I really don't see that being a thing. It's gotta be Smash because unless they're doing more footage for games already announced they're not gonna have a lot to show off.

Svenjamin Olafsvartal

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm a proud member of Team Real-Tired-Of-Everyone-Trying-To-One-Up-Each-Other-With-Evidence-Supporting-Their-Believes-Regardless-Of-It's-Validity-And-People-Jumping-Between-Sides-Like-Fleas-On-A-Discount-Zoo.
Name is too long. As a wise green-wearing French kid once said, "Simple is best, no?"

Enchess

Smash Lord
Thought I feel a need to put out there about the "plight" of insiders. Feel free to ignore.

Ok, don't get me wrong. I feel a bit bad for Mystic. I do. But has everyone here forgotten that anyone who can be punished for leaking is in a situation where they almost guaranteed signed a legal document promising they wouldn't do exactly that?

It's not like they are innocent victims. They broke a contract knowing full well what they were doing. They aren't under any pressure to leak even unless they establish a public presence as a leaker. Which, again, they don't have to.

I get it though. It's tempting. I love leaks as a fan. I've been tempted to share some of the unannounced games I know because they look cool and I think people would be excited on them. But my career is ruined if I do. I can't risk that. On top of that, I know how much it would hurt coworkers to have their trust betrayed like that, which I'd feel awful for. So I don't leak and never will.

I feel bad for insiders who get screwed when caught... but I can't see them as victims

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
When I die, this thread is where I’ll be sent back to for my purgatory. Constantly bickering and getting headaches.

D

Deleted member

Greninja’s tongue cannot be behind Snake’s gun because his gun is holstered.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Here's the gun
Your Gif:

Vs the leak:

I don't know how you managed to make the leak image even more pixilated in your GIF it's very misleading.
OH SNAP, BOY. Case closed, please return to your regularly scheduled grinch talk

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Here's the gun
Your Gif:

Vs the leak:

I don't know how you managed to make the leak image even more pixilated in your GIF it's very misleading.
Oh dude that's ****ing dirty Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei that's not even a joke that's just wrong.
Disapproved. :062:

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly not trying to be condescending, rude, or anything like that, but can we please stop bringing up old "evidence" that was already debunked?

Someone attempted to bring up the green pixel on Little Mac's shoe that was already debunked, and now someone brings up Greninja's tongue which was apparently debunked and pushed to the side quickly WAY back.

What makes it worse is that I get a feeling people are bringing stuff like this up just so they can "one-up" the opposite "team"

Just stop, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom