• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
NO
I'll just say this.

**** you all, **** the smash community for being crying manchild.

I hope you understand why Insiders are trying to protect sources since it can cost them career.

Mystic was a nice guy and tried to play fair to try and help people, because some said he was talking out from his ***.

He decided to prove it. And look what happened.

I truly hope it gets better for him. And I now truly hope that Leak is fake just so what he did wasn't for nothing.
No offense but you sounds like a crying manchild in your comment so idk what you expect to accomplish.

Untouch

Smash Master
He tweeted that there are talks for him to step down from his translation position.

This wouldn't happen over fake leaks.
He thinks the leak is fake.
His job probably now thinks he can't be trusted so keep information secret, if he did work with translation there are NDAs here that his job thinks he cannot keep secret.

Shroob

Sup?
"Okay guys I'll tell you what my sources have told me to try to clear things up...."

"**** INSIDERS! HE'S BACKPEDDLEING! WHAT A HACK!"

"Well, may have lost my job."

I hate this community sometimes.

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
So, am I correct in assuming that his involvement on this leak has ousted him as someone whom had legitimate information?
Not necessarily, if an employer realizes that one of their employees is willing to behave in a manner that suggests he/she would divulge secretive information ... that could be grounds for discharge. Even if the individual never did such an act, the fact that they tease it or potentially leaked faked information would be wrong.

Certainly if I was in charge of a translation company responsible for handling information not available for the public ... I would want to be sure that my employees behaved in a respectable manner online and not divulge what they do at work.

Grippy_Toad

Smash Rookie
Mystic is a grown man. No one forced him. Stop this guilt tripping and projection, please. It's not helping anyone.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
So are we sure that Mystic got ran up on by the Nintendo Sentinels or people didn’t just harass his workplace and such?

Either way I feel incredibly bad for the dude

D

Deleted member

What if Isaac wasn't cropped out. But more they just added the wrong picture to the site.
Then the cropping couldn't be used to prove anything was there in the first place, as the entire theory relies on Isaac being cropped out.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I'll just say this.

I hope you understand why Insiders are trying to protect sources since it can cost them career.

Mystic was a nice guy and tried to play fair to try and help people, because some said he was talking out from his ***.

I truly hope it gets better for him. And I now truly hope that Leak is fake just so what he did wasn't for nothing.
In case you didn't notice, you're part of the Smash community as well...

D

Deleted member

You guys remember when I said that people take Smash rosters too far?

Situations like these are why I believe that. I feel bad for Mystic. If I could, I'd give him a ton of money to get him through the hell he's about to go through.
He did not deserve to lose his job over something stupid like this.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations guys, we got someone out of a job for some ****ing pixels in a game to be confirmed. Hope you’re proud of yourselves.

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
I'll just say this.

So the community is to blame for a guy that potentially ruined his career for a decision he himself made? No one held a gun to his head. If he knew the risks at all he would've kept his mouth shut.

D

Deleted member

I still can't believe that this community landed on calling this the Grinch Leak over the **** Nintendo Leak.
My brother tried calling it the Banner Leak last night. I had to correct him on that. Hopefully, he will never do it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
He tweeted that there are talks for him to step down from his translation position.

This wouldn't happen over fake leaks.
I don't know anything about his translation position, but in many cases yes, yes it would.

I said this about the whole "Eric Bricard wouldn't get in trouble if the leaks were fake!!!" argument, and I will say it again here.

Your employer does not care if you are only "pretending" to violate NDA. Any attempts to use your access to confidential information to influence public opinion will be treated as a leak of information.

If he was responsible for translating anything that required any level of trust between him and a client, he just publicly proved his willingness to violate that trust.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Mystic is a grown man. No one forced him. Stop this guilt tripping and projection, please. It's not helping anyone.
Of course no one forced him, but when people are throwing wild ass accusations at him he deserves the right to defend himself. Unfortunately him defending himself came at a cost.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, it's all on Smash fans. They are at fault for someone deciding they can't help themselves and divulging insider information.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
**** I feel bad for Mystic. I know he spilled the beans willingly and all but the dude was trying to make a career out of being a translator. I'd hate to think he's going to get blacklisted from the industry based on this. Hopefully another company will give him employment.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Last edited:

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
I'll just say this.

Yeah it sucks what happened, but at the same time, he played with fire.

There is no real benefit to leaking inside info, and this is the risk you take, so I really don't know why people do it.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
None intended. I just don't trust no-proof sources anymore. I support you though!
thanks!

and trust me i get that haha, no worries. i'd be wary of that too, its just logically the right thing to do when you dont have proof of whatever the persons telling you.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Stop pretending that Mystic's actions were the fault of anyone but his own. It's not the Smash community's fault, or his employer's fault, or anyone else's. Mystic was trying to play Mr. Big Shot and he ended up biting off the hand that fed him. To act like the people in this specific thread were at all to blame for someone making this choice is asinine and a case of unnecessary guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom