• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
The dude on NeoGAF doesn't provide any evidence for it being fake other than what amounts to "trust me, it's fake" so in the end his speech means **** all.

I will say though that it's probably the worst take I've seen on the situation since it misinterprets the behaviors on both stances.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
So what do people hope happens in the direct?

1) Grinch leak confirmed
2) Insiders knowledge confirmed
3) Box theory confirmed
4) Everybody is wrong, totally different characters not mentioned by leaks or insiders
5) We’re getting anime characters in Smash as cross promotion for Jump Force

Wambo

Smash Ace
I just want some ****ing information already. This waiting is like mental starvation.

What is taking Nintendo so long?!? (I know they're developing the game and stuff and getting ready for release, but damn, each day we descend more and more into madness...)

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Team Real: It's real!

Insiders: Where's your proof?

Team Real: We don't have any really, just trust us.

vs.

Insiders: It's fake.

Team Real: Oh? Why?

Insiders: We can't say anything more than that, just trust us.

It's the same. Exact. Bull****. On. Both. Sides.

****ing stop this.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Ah damn it I should've said Mach Rider is a bi icon. Because- because bike. Bicon
Little Mac: Hey girl
Mach Rider: Oh, not interested, I'm Bisexual
Little Mac: Wait, Bisexual means-
Mach Rider: Did I say Bi? I meants Bikesexual. I'm attracted to women and bikes
*rides off with Samus*

schimmdog

Smash Rookie
NNID
schimmdog
I'd like to see evidence of this toxicity that is being applied to the Smash community. I've seen allegations of stalking ITT.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
btw the guy saying people here should go to hell, reminder, he didn't say all of us. If you felt addressed, maybe there's a reason you feel addressed when someone says toxic people should go to hell
Best course of action? Don't be hostile towards anybody at all. That way, getting BTFO'd hurts less.

It's okay to not believe the leak. The problem is the mental gymnastics behind everyone's rebuttals.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I’m just imagining Isaac being revealed and people screaming “GRINCH LEAK CONFIRMED!!!” then at the end when they show the Mural he’s in an entirely different position than he is in the Grinch leak lol
I literally think this exact scenario is going to happen at this point. That said, that will only happen if his trailer comes before Incineroar’s.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
See, this is what I have as a question to the community who's convinced this is real; When this is confirmed fake are you all gonna come out and apologize to the people who've been saying it's fake? Or are you just gonna run back into your holes. Like, right now in the chat people are saying "Oh, it's real." You guys don't know what you're talking about. "Your reasoning for it being fake isn't good." Give me a reason why it's real. When it's confirmed fake come back to the chat and say sorry. But you won't, because you're cowards. Come back. You go on Twitter and you say "Hey you guys were right, I'm sorry." I mean, no, is it wrong? They wanna say "Oh you guys can't give good reasons. Oh you're saying 'I know it's- I know it's fake, you just have to trust me.'". Give me a reason why it's real, you don't have one. Come back when it's confirmed fake, apologize, and we can move on. Otherwise shut up. This ain't a chatroom making you talk, shut up. I will print off this banner and send it to your house, and you can hang it up and say "I got owned by this.". I mean people are saying "Oh, rude. Needs to chill." You know what? You people attack insiders and Twitter and YouTuber personalities everyday when they share information with you. And then they don't give you what you want and you attack them? No, you can go to hell. Like, you're not entitled to any information. Don't think you are.
Same goes for the people who believe the leak is fake as well. It happens on both sides my dude, not just to one side. I personally think the leak is real because of the attention to detail that this guy had to go to. There is just so much attention to detail that a normal person would not be able to replicate. This is hard work my dude. This leaker is a genius if the leak is fake. I would strap on your big boy pants and not defend the leakers because the leakers have lost their ground. I mean look at what happened to poor papa Geno. He got slammed by all of the “leakers” because they didn’t align with what he had heard. So that is why, when the next direct comes around, I will not be apologizing to anyone. Everyone has acted the same towards each other so it offsets in my opinion. People like you are the true ugly side of the smash community because you are encouraging hostility towards people with different opinions. Even if they are hostile, it gives you no excuse to fire back with negativity. We are no better than the people that act rude if we fight back with negativity. So I respectfully disagree with your opinion, but I am not gonna apologize for being wrong.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
What is taking Nintendo so long?!? (I know they're developing the game and stuff and getting ready for release, but damn, each day we descend more and more into madness...)
Games already done, this is just promotional marketing strategies trying to hype us up possibly being torn by the possibility of a leak

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
I’m really hoping this isn’t relating to the leak being fake. Though, Spawn seems to be 50/50 on it.

Speaking of which, isn’t Friday-Saturday around the Nintendo Live tournament? Maybe we’ll get an announcement from there all along?
Yea, the events this Friday, if this is anything to go off of, I’d assume we’d get some kind of announcement after rather than before

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Grinch leak gave us something other than boxes to talk about, it gave us hilarious memes and this is how we use it's gifts?
We didn't deserve the Grinch leak.

D

Deleted member

^^^ this, wtf direct being teased huh where by who?
Spawn Wave, someone from GameXPlain, and ResetEra people are teasing Directs again like back in September.

People are assuming it's either for a Direct on the 1st, or an announcement of one at Nintendo Live.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
But it's totally justifiable if I'm mad at them for not confirming my character, right?

If I don't like what they say then obviously they're a paid shill who's being told what to do by Nintendo and I have every right to treat them as worthless garbage.
Man with more followers than me said mean mean on stream
Please assist

we already are
so when are we flinging me

Monokuma for DLC please and thanks you.
take all of my money sakurai

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
You know, the more toxicity I see surrounding the Grinch leak, the more I realize how much I agree with Andre.
It's odd that it is toxic like the ESRB, but for the other effect entirely. People want this to be real rather than fake. When ESRB came out it was the people who believed it was real who got the flack.

Guess that's just the result of a massive crossover game like Smash.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Same goes for the people who believe the leak is fake as well. It happens on both sides my dude, not just to one side. I personally think the leak is real because of the attention to detail that this guy had to go to. There is just so much attention to detail that a normal person would not be able to replicate. This is hard work my dude. This leaker is a genius if the leak is fake. I would strap on your big boy pants and not defend the leakers because the leakers have lost their ground. I mean look at what happened to poor papa Geno. He got slammed by all of the “leakers” because they didn’t align with what he had heard. So that is why, when the next direct comes around, I will not be apologizing to anyone. Everyone has acted the same towards each other so it offsets in my opinion. People like you are the true ugly side of the smash community because you are encouraging hostility towards people with different opinions. Even if they are hostile, it gives you no excuse to fire back with negativity. We are no better than the people that act rude if we fight back with negativity. So I respectfully disagree with your opinion, but I am not gonna apologize for being wrong.
It's a pasta my man, I'm 100% team real

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Spawn Wave, someone from GameXPlain, and ResetEra people are teasing Directs again like back in September.

People are assuming it's either for a Direct on the 1st, or an announcement of one at Nintendo Live.
Oof. So they're not giving dates either? But they know when? ugh

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I feel like a lot of this could have been avoided if the insiders just said nothing.

The cocky and smug attitude they had towards this being "fake" did nothing but rile up people, and a lot of them didn't have good words to say.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
View attachment 173390

I just wanna point out this absolutely ridiculous difference in the leak.

Up until the September banner, Marth's sword always covered Roy's chest armor. Now with the leak, it goes behind his head to make room for Mach Rider as Roy moves over.

Anyone realize how ****ing insane the leaker would have to be if this was fake? He'd have to create new art just to show all of Roy's chest now, and superimpose Roy over Marth, when it's been the other way around for months now. Like.....why? I have like 20 other examples exactly like this.

This is like one of a million things I can't see a leaker paying attention to or attempting to do. We've had banner recreations and none of them are remotely close to this kind of work.

That being said since we will probably find out this week, but if it's fake....I don't even know what to say.
Man with all the evidence against the leak Im having a very hard time believing it, but boy do I wish its real

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
So what do people hope happens in the direct?

1) Grinch leak confirmed
2) Insiders knowledge confirmed
3) Box theory confirmed
4) Everybody is wrong, totally different characters not mentioned by leaks or insiders
At this point, I just want Incineroar in. That would mean 2 and 3 are my best bets.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Man, people keep complaining about people being "toxic" here.
I don't see it. On Twitter, sure, but here, this site? Maybe my standard for toxicity is much, much higher than everyone else's.

I mean, come on people. Every now and then you're going to find someone who's blunt with their thoughts. That doesn't make the whole forum "toxic."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom