• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think he did the right thing by showing Waluigi off at the very beginning instead of making the fans speculate if he was getting in this time or not, just to de-confirm him later
While it may seem disappointing that Waluigi is an Assist Trophy again, that will inevitably be his fate if he continues to be a spin-off only character. The main reason why Daisy made the cut was because she was easy to make into an Echo Fighter; you can't do that with Waluigi.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I've put together a mock-up of the final roster if the Grinch Leak, and the other leak that predicts a Direct this Thursday (which add Skull Kid and KOS-MOS on top of the Grinch Leak's picks) are true.
Ultimate Rumor Roster.png

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
They don't have to show **** lol
You're more than welcome to not believe them
And they're more than welcome to not jeopardize their jobs

Let me ask- why is this so important to you that you're so wound up by it?
This goes for everyone.

If the insiders were lying- Why is this so important to you that you're so wound up by it?
This goes for everyone.
I'll tell you why I'm so wound up by it. I'm an insider, but I can't reveal my sources. I was told about this roster last year, before Smash was even announced, so I can confirm all these pretend insiders are wrong.

See how easy it is? How can you tell I'm lying? Maybe I'm not, right? Maybe one these text leaks from 4chan is right. Doesn't mean they hold any weight in an argument. Listen, I'm not trying to sound agressive, I'm just basing this on the guy that's screaming at team real (see earlier post with the vid) as if we're war criminals when the same can be said about team fake

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
the next direct do we think its a smash one or a regular one? it seems weird to me they wouldnt do one more regular direct for holiday and early next year stuff but they also have a lot more to show for smash that would probably need its own even if the leak is fake

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
What's this about MTP?
Sorry for being late. MTP basically heavily implied he was OP of the chad dorf leak, and there were some theories he may have been OP of the grinch leak itself, as he started his ****ty laxchris parody with chad dorf leak and said a real leak would happen 45 days before the game comes out like ESRB (which is true, but not in quebec where he lives where iirc the post date would be 44 days before release, so it's hard to say if he was right here).

There was some suspicion it was him who orchestrated this to put the smash community in chaos and to spite vergeben/insiders/fake leakers. As he has a friend in graphic design and a stupid amount of money and is unhinged enough to potentially commision this fake leak and print it professionally.

However. He has claimed on twitter he is not the creator of grinch leak, and we will see the truth soon, only saying that "Nintendo wouldn't end on no names after ridley and Krool" Not sure if he means they wouldn't end on kencineroar or they wouldn't end on banjo geno. Probably doesn't know anything, iirc he claimed to know the ESRB leak too.

TL;DR there was a scare that mariotehplumber spent a **** ton of money and time to orchestrate this leak to cause chaos, but it's much more likely he's just very lucky and bull****ting and piggybacking for attention.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I've put together a mock-up of the final roster if the Grinch Leak, and the other leak that predicts a Direct this Thursday (which add Skull Kid and KOS-MOS on top of the Grinch Leak's picks) are true.
View attachment 173371
Wait, wait wait, what leak have Kos-Mos & Skull Kid on a direct this thursday?

Can I see it?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
The one thing that makes this Grinch Leak fake is that nobody in the Smash Community is holding hands and singing a Christmas carol and instead are fighting against each other.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Honestly Smash fans from what I gather from outside the fandom are known for being insanely toxic, perhaps one of the most toxic fandoms out there.
At least for me I generally don't see anywhere the amount of vitriol against leakers and insiders as I see in this fandom in others. We are a hard group to not piss off because of how many different opinions and egos there are and sometimes how much of a hivemind we can be. Im frankly amazed that insiders even care to talk to us a great deal of time.
I agree with you on that but just because something is standard, doesnt mean it has to stay that way. People excuse their bad behavior all the time with things like "I was born this way. I cant change." But nothing has to stay the same forever if and only if people decide they want to change it. From what I have read from the last thread and this one, I am far from the only person who would like to see some change and I am glad for that. Still, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

The reason why Team Real is more loud is honestly because, well, let's be honest, they have more evidence that it's real. More solid, actual evidence. Nothing can be debunked yet, after 4 days and suspicious things are happening. Team fake is quite literally presenting false evidence that gets debunked 5 minutes later and the ''insiders'' with ''sources'' are the only ground they can stand on. Now these sources are getting angry, too? YIKES
I think numbers also has a place in that equation.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Well if they were lying, that just causes an unnecessary amount of confusion and headaches for a lot of people. I’m honestly very skeptical of Insiders but I get how they want to protect their jobs.
IF THEY WANNA PROTECT THEIR JOBS, WHY ARE THEY LEAKING IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Any other mobile users with Chrome grtting the "youre a winner" popup everytime you click anything? Its been happening all day for me. No issues on pc tho.
It's happened to me a few times today. There have been days where it's much more frequent.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'll tell you why I'm so wound up by it. I'm an insider, but I can't reveal my sources. I was told about this roster last year, before Smash was even announced, so I can confirm all these pretend insiders are wrong.

See how easy it is? How can you tell I'm lying? Maybe I'm not, right? Maybe one these text leaks from 4chan is right. Doesn't mean they hold any weight in an argument. Listen, I'm not trying to sound agressive, I'm just basing this on the guy that's screaming at team real (see earlier post with the vid) as if we're war criminals when the same can be said about team fake
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate is just a video game

Just in case anybody forgot

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nobody's entitled to know anything from any of the insiders.

And if that statement made you mad then you're part of the problem.

This is a dumb rumor for a game coming out in like a month and some change.

Get a grip on yourselves.

Eat Arby's.
Alright I think something needs to be cleared up here.

Are we entiled to info? Absolutely not.

Does this excuse this guy being biggest **** on the planet?

Not even ****ing close.

As an "insider" he should be acting a lot more professional, but no he literally is making people that buy the leak seem like their ****ing idiots that don't deserve to exist.

"I'll print out the mural when it's fake and send it to all of your houses so you can say you got owned by this guy"

That's a ****ing disgusting statement that is not ok for anyone to say. I get it, some people are being really bad to insiders, but this a gigantic slap in the face to those who are being respectful about people's beliefs.

Does Nate say it's not geared towards that group? No, he straight up says the chat are basically ****ing idiots as well as supporters.

"give me something that proves its real"

If you can't even acknowledge the possibility your source is wrong and that there's enough to support and hurt this leak, then you don't deserve to act your an entailed little ***** or a god to the community. Because you too are not providing evidence and by lashing out at people like this you make things worse. He can't expect to be treated nicely when he's talking down to others like this.

His behavior was completely unacceptable, as is a lot of the behavior towards this leak. But as a "professional" he should absolutely no better and he looks like an ass that doesn't deserve any information to be quite honest.

The two things everyone is missing here are these:

1) The insiders should at least accept they could have false info( good on mystic for at least admitting this)

2) People on all three sides( team fake, real and the insiders) need to treat each other a lot better. By making such toxic statements like that clip you only make things worse then trying to actually better it. No one is going to start giving you respect unless you give others it.

Hopefully everyone involved in this nonsense no matter the outcome can learn next time

/rant.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sorry for being late. MTP basically heavily implied he was OP of the chad dorf leak, and there were some theories he may have been OP of the grinch leak itself, as he started his ****ty laxchris parody with chad dorf leak and said a real leak would happen 45 days before the game comes out like ESRB (which is true, but not in quebec where he lives where iirc the post date would be 44 days before release, so it's hard to say if he was right here).

There was some suspicion it was him who orchestrated this to put the smash community in chaos and to spite vergeben/insiders/fake leakers. As he has a friend in graphic design and a stupid amount of money and is unhinged enough to potentially commision this fake leak and print it professionally.

However. He has claimed on twitter he is not the creator of grinch leak, and we will see the truth soon, only saying that "Nintendo wouldn't end on no names after ridley and Krool" Not sure if he means they wouldn't end on kencineroar or they wouldn't end on banjo geno. Probably doesn't know anything, iirc he claimed to know the ESRB leak too.

TL;DR there was a scare that mariotehplumber spent a **** ton of money and time to orchestrate this leak to cause chaos, but it's much more likely he's just very lucky and bull****ting and piggybacking for attention.
Not really, no. I wouldn't put it past this guy at all. I think it should be seriously considered that he's the one behind it.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Okay okay okay I didn't think it through
Here's the base again:
View attachment 173342

Instead of adding a single element and building UP to a fighter, how about everyone just makes their own entire fighter so we can make a Smash Ultimate Discussion Thread roster.

The thread moves too fast to do it the other way and I don't wanna make another thread in Forum Games yet:laugh:
ew doodoo.png

Final Smash: inflicts depression

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
While it may seem disappointing that Waluigi is an Assist Trophy again, that will inevitably be his fate if he continues to be a spin-off only character. The main reason why Daisy made the cut was because she was easy to make into an Echo Fighter; you can't do that with Waluigi.
My thoughts exactly. Plus, Daisy was in a main-series game, whereas Waluigi was not, which gave her a "leg-up" against him

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
We're all saying that the next Smash Direct is happening sometime in the next two weeks, but remember that many were confident it was happening in October.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
View attachment 173371
I would have no issue with this roster if the leak turns out to be true, it looks awesome. :)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

This comparison is ass because those 'pesky lying insiders' have track records. How do I know Ryce isn't lying? He's done this **** before. How do I know Spawnwave isn't full of ****? He's done this behaviour. You get the point

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

^ Smashboards General Discussion Thread as playable character for Smash Ultimate, anybody?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Nah, dude's being a total ass, but so are a HUUUUUGE amount of the people speculating so I don't see how people can act like this as if they have issues stepping back and looking at themselves.

I'd probably be pissed off if a bunch of internet people tried to act like they magically knew better than me and decided to harass me for it while wearing their tin foils.

I don't know what information the insiders have and I personally don't care. ****'s just a video game. Getting wound up like everyone's doing is stupid. Hahahaha

Last edited:

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
We're all saying that the next Smash Direct is happening sometime in the next two weeks, but remember that many were confident it was happening in October.
We'll get one before the game comes out, 100%, so unless they are cutting it fine it should be within the next two weeks.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I got really sad when I saw that other thread locked lol.
What if I told you... that there were insiders in this very thread, but they didn't want to talk about what they know cause of all the jerks?

Cuause I guarantee that's happening.
I think one or two people with inside info have already commented here too!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Alright I think something needs to be cleared up here.

I never said that, personally, but, we don't need to stoop to their level. That's just asking for trouble and nobody wins from that. There ARE ways to get what you want without stooping to someone else's level (or at least you keep moral high ground intact)

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
TRANS ICON MACH RIDER! PUNCHER OF NAZIS, SEIGI NO MIKATA MAHA RAIDA DA!

Also my comment. Is the fanbase perhaps the problem and should we improve as in, don't ****ing harass people for thinking if something's real or fake or harassing a potential random French guy. Oh abso-****ing-lutely most people here need to sort their ****
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think Sakurai knows better what characters to put in than the fans do. I'm glad it's ultimately up to him (and Nintendo) and not up to the fans.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
The one thing that makes this Grinch Leak fake is that nobody in the Smash Community is holding hands and singing a Christmas carol and instead are fighting against each other.
We're in the ruining part of the process, holding hands is Christmas day :).

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Well, the game launches in December.

They need to build the hype and Sakurai said that he wants to talk about the Spirits mode.

So, the closer we get the launch date, more are the probs that a direct is happening.

Sorry for my bad english dude

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
TRANS ICON MACH RIDER! PUNCHER OF NAZIS, SEIGI NO MIKATA MAHA RAIDA DA!

Also my comment. Is the fanbase perhaps the problem and should we improve as in, don't ****ing harass people for thinking if something's real or fake or harassing a potential random French guy. Oh abso-****ing-lutely most people here need to sort their ****
I dont think anyone would disagree with that, but Smash has a huge community and there will always be people like that unfortunately. Idk, Smash community has always been low-key toxic. no clue how us as individuals acting like decent human beings will effect the rest that are actually doing that stuff.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Nobody said we weere getting one in october, a lot of us knew october would be a dead month. I would be legit suprised if we wouldnt get a direct by the 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom