• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I think it's the bank that pulled down the video, not them, either because they didn't like the comments OR they didn't want to be associated with the company anymore. Nintendo MIGHT have told them to shut up and finish what they were doing seeing as the time left until release is too short to do a 180.

Aside from that, somebody posted a link to a page where you could pay 7 Euros to see info on ACP. Could somebody repost that link and tell me what to look for? I'll bite the bullet for 10$ it's not so bad
Those are some big assumptions. Do you have a link to the bank YouTube channel or something? I'm gonna go sleuthing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay okay okay I didn't think it through
Here's the base again:
View attachment 173342

Instead of adding a single element and building UP to a fighter, how about everyone just makes their own entire fighter so we can make a Smash Ultimate Discussion Thread roster.

The thread moves too fast to do it the other way and I don't wanna make another thread in Forum Games yet:laugh:
It's incredible how my drawing and design improved since I was six:

Attachments

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Once the game comes out, I'll be away from the site (or more specifically this thread, or v.3.0 of this thread).

I can at least not spoil myself of DLC before it's respective reveals.

Last edited:

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
Haven't really been here for days, are we Still going in circles with the grinch leak?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I’m having a stupid google pop up virus thingy pop up everytime I look at a new page on my phone...

Anyways, I’d like to see what the actual heck the in game content is because holy heck do I want to see it since at least it couldn’t be leaked to us... yet

splat

Smash Lord
I’m standing still without flinching on the mindset that even if the leak isn’t real, you are out of your mind if you actually think there’s only 2 characters left, let alone Incineroar being the finale
I’m not. The last reveales Smash characters have never been the hypest ones - usually those are revealed at the start of the cycle, with the final characters being fun additions like the retro characters.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
You know, I told myself when this game was announced that I would stay away from leaks so I could be surprised and not get my hopes up. I’m a ****ing liar lol

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Honestly, they know what's coming for them when they put their heads out there and say they know stuff, and if they don't then they must be new to the job. I get that it sucks to be hounded, but it's not hard to keep the information to yourself and avoid having people flock around you, the only purpose it serves is so they can say "Told ya" if it's fake and add another thing to their list of things they called. At the end of the day they're still doing things out of self interest, I'm not buying into the whole "protect the fanbase" thing people are throwing around, especially not when it comes from people like Ryce who are otherwise not associated with Smash.

I get trusting them, their words are still the biggest thing keeping me from outright believing the leak, but I don't see the point in framing the Smash fanbase as villains that are harrasing the poor insiders. A lot of the people we're talking about here are seasoned leakers, they knew exactly what they were getting into, and given how confident they are it's likely they're taking advantage of the situation to ultimately up their own reputation.
...what. don't take this the wrong way but: what

Most of these "Insiders" that are more public are just people who don't typically work on games themselves but work near games - (see: gamexplain, various other journalists, etc). Most people that work on games (such as myself) stay quiet because we don't want our friends (or ourselves) to lose jobs. Sometimes, some of these people are in better positions than others to get information out there.

Here's the thing about this, though: Getting information out there is a privilege; not a right - Same with GameXplain doing a video on them. You have the ability to be upset by it - It can be frustrating when a content creator you like decides not to cover something. I totally understand that: You have all right to do that and voice your opinions in a moderate way. Throwing conspiracy theories on them? Now that's just unwarranted and it's not going to get them on your side.

also, yes, "insiders" do get stuff wrong from time to time. Most of the time, they aren't lying for ****s and giggles. Faulty information happens all the time in literally EVERY OTHER part of this industry (and other media's for that matter), and yet the Smash fanbase are the only ones (or at least, one of the few) that'll have a bat and hammer ready at anyone who gets anything wrong because they think they were lied to when rumors are not meant to be taken 100% as fact anyways.

I'm not saying that you have to love every single insider that comes along the way, or every single dev (I don't even like gameXplain) but basic respect can go a long way. They're still humans and we shouldn't berate them. You can berate their attitudes if they're behaving a certain way, sure, but don't kill the messenger. If some of them choose to have worse attitudes than Smash fans, it'll show over time. I've been around game circles long enough to know that.

orrrr we can just continue saying "they know what's coming to them" and pretend that articles like this don't exist.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It is such a pity to know that the previous thread has left this planet. I had a good time sharing my opinions and I especially admired the sheer number of likes I earned on the last few messages I left here. I praise and thank you all for accepting and listening to a nice, elderly woman like me. More than anything else, it would of been lovely to see that thread exceed the page count of 7400+ in the Count the Bob-ombs Social where I frequent.

Sayonara :kirby:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...jpg

There, perfect fighter!
"Billy Mays, why don't you have a seat over there."

Last edited:

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
I find it so weird on gamefaqs how so many were completely on board with the idea that the entire chosen roster was decided on and locked down immediately and thus no characters from after that point in times(sans pokemon) could be possible. Just at this point to throw that out for the theory that Incineroar could possibly have been taken out at some point later to be DLC. lol
It just feels weird that people were so adamant on the former and it couldn't be wrong and then some jumped ship onto a theory that contradicts that.

I tend to not believe the leak bait thing either though considering TPC itself likely wouldn't want a pokemon they are actively pushing being dragged through the mud like that for no real benefit to them and that multiple insiders seem adamant with them with seemingly different sources for them thinking this. Which kind of clashes with the leak bait idea as it then becomes harder again to track down who is leaking stuff if you have a good chunk of people all knowing that same fake info
If Sakurai never planned on adding him in the first place then I sort of doubt TPC would care so much. It wouldn't create false expectations in the casual player since the casual wouldn't be following insiders so closely to begin with.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I dont understand why people are gloating over putting insiders in their place if the leak ends up confirmed. There is no prize at the end of the road and even in the case that we are right, we will just look like total douchebags. What is so great about that? Is being remembered as "the community who harrassed and insulted their way to victory over a videogame" attractive to anyone? Winning isnt everything! Being wrong is not the end of the world! I am sure people are going to bring up how snarky some of the insiders have been. Even if that was the case, two wrongs dont make a right. Be the better person in this situation.

I can say that Mystic wasnt snarky or a smartass yesterday and still it didnt end up well for Mystic. And there are posts in the other topic that show the transition between "praise for speaking up to us without superiority" to "critizing and attacking him".

We are to blame for the mistakes of the community if we dont speak up and try to be better. In the other thread, I read many times people defending attacks against Vergeben way after he had proven himself a reliable leaker for the smash speculation because he was rude. People wishing him death and hoping that he would be proven wrong because they disliked his attitude. I will ask, has the interaction been any different with the insiders? Because from what I see it has been the same cycle:

1. The SMASH FANS demand the information
2. The SMASH FANS question the information given and bring up accusations against the person when the information doesnt line up with what they want.
3. The SMASH FANS feel insulted that the person: wont pay them attention/ acts rudely after being insulted/ wont change his mind about something he said/ gets angry after SMASH FANS misconstruct what he said and keep using that against them.

People need to consider that perhaps if this keeps happening its not because every person we interact with is a jerk, perhaps it is because we as a community need to be more careful before we open our mouths or take actions of any kind.

And this is in the case that the leak turns out to be true. If the leak is fake, we will look gullible and stubborn douchebags instead especially since most of the community thinks the leak is real. I know some people will say that they arent toxic but that isnt enough. We need to stop being indifferent to toxic behaviors. We need to reject and disapprove actions that makes the community look bad.
Honestly Smash fans from what I gather from outside the fandom are known for being insanely toxic, perhaps one of the most toxic fandoms out there.
At least for me I generally don't see anywhere the amount of vitriol against leakers and insiders as I see in this fandom in others. We are a hard group to not piss off because of how many different opinions and egos there are and sometimes how much of a hivemind we can be. Im frankly amazed that insiders even care to talk to us a great deal of time.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I’m standing still without flinching on the mindset that even if the leak isn’t real, you are out of your mind if you actually think there’s only 2 characters left, let alone Incineroar being the finale
Yeah I'm tired of calling (team fake / team real) crazy and in denial. Let's get back to calling (boxers / anti-boxers) crazy and in denial instead, just like the good old days!

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’d like some people to keep in mind that while they could go and gloat toward the “insiders”, there’s always the chance this isn’t real.

If you wouldn’t want these folks to gloat at you that they were right, then don’t gloat toward them.

Not only is that incredibly silly, but you will look like a complete and utter douchebag. Not to mention, the people who are “insiders” typically have more involvement in character speculation, so it won’t really affect their reputations especially if some dude shows up, makes fun of them for being incorrect, and then disappears.

That is, of course, unless you’re going to stick around in the community and do something.

Even then, don’t be a douche please.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I must live next to a leprechaun rainbow.

Because i haven’t got any virus thread or window ever since i joined.

Master of Fire

Smash Cadet
It would be nice to have a constantly updated opposing viewpoints article that lists all the evidence for and against the grinch leak.

That way people wouldn't need to read through dozens of pages to ascertain its current status, and (hopefully) people would stop bringing up the same points and asking the same questions.

Potato_

Smash Lord
That's what I was referring to when I said he's the star of one of the most praise-lauded games of all time. People rarely say anything bad about RE4. It wasn't the system seller Nintendo had hoped it would be because it was undercut by the PS2 version, but in terms of gaming history, RE4 is probably one of the top five games by measurement of review scores and relevancy in that generation of consoles.

Leon has actually been more present than Jill, however, in the last decade. Jill played a minor role in RE5, released in 2009, then starred in Revelations in the beginning of 2012. She was also a recurring support character in the Milla Jovovich movies.

Leon, on the other hand, was the cover star of RE6 in late 2012, the star of three Capcom-produced CGI movies, and stars in the upcoming RE2 Remake. The main thing going for Leon in this debate is that, unlike Jill and Chris, he's never been in a fighting game before. Which is honestly very surprising, and I think it tilts things in his favor.

That said, I personally don't even count Jill's appearance in MvC3. That wasn't Jill. That was an X-men character in disguise. She wasn't fun to play, had no personality, and I'm not a fan of the battlesuit. I want another MvC2 Jill. Very, very badly.

And RE 6 was... less than popular to say the least. I do think his last major appearance being so disappointing for a lot of fans hurts him slightly, but with RE2make coming out and looking spectacular I doubt it'll matter much as a whole.

I do agree with your point about MvC 3 Jill though. Even though she is technically the character she's not the version of her that everyone loves. I think her and Chris are more recognizable to most people, but I think Leon is also more relevant to Nintendo. Revelations is a good point for Jill though.

Granted, I do admit relevancy to Nintendo isn't nearly as important as some people make it out to be, or Cloud wouldn't be in this game. They may go for Jill or Chris because they're bigger names to the series as a whole than Leon.

In the end I could see any of those 3 making it as a RE character. They've all good good arguments going for them and against them.

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
There's a banner of the final mural in existence, at this very moment. I'm certain of that. Whether or not its the Grinch version, I'm not sure, but if the Grinch leak is false, we should still expect a full roster leak within the next 2 weeks, I'm thinking.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Nah, you be crazy.

:p
“Hey everybody... Sakurai here...

I know it’s kinda... late but um....

Here’s every remaining newcomer”
*all the newcomers are shown for a fraction of a secound*

“I know that was fast and you couldn’t see them all, but it’s the best we can do... anyways see you when Smash Ultimate releases.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom