• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

We'll know by what, Wednesday morning/afternoon-ish if there's a direct for the 1st? Personally, I'm thinking it'll be the 8th, but I'm more than happy being wrong. I'm also still waiting for everyone to be blown out of the water and everyone (leakers AND insiders) being wrong with something ridiculous like Dry Bowser & Ken as Echoes, Ryu Hayabusa as a Retro Rep, and Laharl as a new character due to NIS making more for Nintendo now; rather than just porting over.

How much do you guys wanna bet that if we do get a Direct this week, all of it will be Sakurai saying “F you for spoiling the game. We have cancelled Smash Bros Ultimate. Never ask me for anything ever again.”?
I mean, if you want to lose money betting he'd say something like that or that they'd waste time for a Direct just to say they're cancelling a game, you're able to make that bet. You'll be losing a mega ****-ton of of money for each person that bets against you.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Holy **** all of those presumptous resetera mods and "insiders" need to be hung by the balls if they are wrong. They claim that people are "harassing" insiders then post **** like this.

I'm ashamed I have an account on that site. This smash leak business has revealed so much I didn't know about that community.
To be fair people ARE harassing insiders. They are constantly being contacted about the leak and insulted if they don't give the exact answer people want or don't give and arbitrary piece of evidence. Some insiders aren't being much better either though

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
But golden sun, mach rider and banjo at the same time?

Stop lying to yourself
Mach Rider, and Banjo literally follow the 10year limit before renewal before losing the rights.
And it's the same for AAAALLL of the Trademark that were renewed, because people seems to forgot that it wasn"t only Banjo/Mach Rider and Golden sun.

Golden Sun is the only oddities and was renewed 2/3 years earlier.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...nge-of-the-heart.76864/page-333#post-14345016

This is such bull**** it's not even funny.

It's GameXplain guys. They'll do a 30 minute discussion on an obviously fake *** leak, yet the biggest leak of the year they dare not touch with a 39 1/2ft pole and BARELY comment on it.

This damage control is gonna reflect just like a boomerang and they're not gonna know how to catch it. It's gonna hit them straight in the face.
How dare they not do a discussion on this leak! Surely they're the most vile of scum. What villains! What fiends!

D

Deleted member

How much do you guys wanna bet that if we do get a Direct this week, all of it will be Sakurai saying “F you for spoiling the game. We have cancelled Smash Bros Ultimate. Never ask me for anything ever again.”?
He will announce a sequel to that DS puzzle game.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
It's not proof of anything but the games list for the PS1 Classic is out and it's... lacking.

No Crash Bandicoot or Spyro (maybe not surprising as they have remasters coming) only one Final Fantasy Game, no Medieval and thanks to no dualshock, no Ape Escape. It's got Metal Gear Solid but no Symphony of the night and the Wrong Grand Theft Auto.

How nutty would it be if the N64 mini had Banjo Kazooie while the PS1 Mini doesn't have any 3D platformers outside of Jumping Flash?
idk i actually love this lineup LOL

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And then the community goes into chaos.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Reminder that i discovered something that would break the internet more than Goku.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
nice meme lol

even if that did happen, that's on nintendo for not seeing foresight and quite frankly, Sakurai doesn't have that kind of power.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I have irrefutable proof Banjo is in Smash Bros.

banjo in smash.png

I think I solved the Grinch's riddle.
Please like comment and subscribe, be sure to SmAAaAaAAsh that bell button to be notified of future videos, and become my patreon patron.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
there's literally no way to prove this wrong atm, and the only way this would ever be debunked is if the leaker OP or ACP make a statement.

The only reason im 50/50 now is because of MTP, who as I said is a nutter, my issue with just dismissing it as fake was that there was no way anyone could ever perform a ruse this elaborate and insane, and now i have finally be given a real reason to think it's a ruse. If this turns out to be a fake from MTP, I still don't blame anyone for believing the picture, and honestly I think some of the fake people have been as bad or worse as the real ones (Especially Liam Robertson)

I'm just worried that some of my friends who quickly dismissed mtp would end up being had by him, then all the resetera goona would laugh at them and be ***** about it despite the fact they had good reason to think it was a serious leak. MTP could still be bsing, it could go either way, hence the 50/50, i just think he's the answer of how the grinch leak may possibly have been faked.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Doing my research, i discovered something more intense than Goku in Smash.

Superman and the Fantastic Four joining the roster.

The classic Marvel vs DC would be more intense than Goku.
First Mega Man and now this, Nintendo does what Capcan't. :4pacman:

Day 46, give it up for day 46
You were actually keeping count this entire time?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Your Geno is immensely high quality. You have inspired me to create my own.

Also, hi new thread.
Your extremely high quality Geno has inspired me to make my own as well. image.png
I'm unsure if anyone can top this

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I just think GameXplain know who's in and don't want to make a discussion that would force them to provide evidence that they know. Everything the've covered didn't contradict what they knew, Blog Theory just being a widow for posts, and Ken is practically confirmed. Insiders don't have to give their information out.
They probably should have stayed neutral then. Them picking a side so in the way that they did has caused more suspicion on them than if they were just quiet about it

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
No, it would be Sakurai punching a Grinch doll in the stomach before realizing he's being recorded.

https://img.fireden.net/v/image/1523/99/1523997311724.gif (if gif doesn't work)

Not the Grinch, not the Grinch, noth the Grinch!

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Princess Prin Prin? Has she even been playable in the games?

Unless you are talking about Arthur's village girl transformation...
She never been playable I just want them in the game lol. :awesome: At the time she was the most iconic Princess of video game with Peach and hey, Zelda wasn't playable before Smash ! ;)

And I found this on the internet lol

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
To be fair people ARE harassing insiders. They are constantly being contacted about the leak and insulted if they don't give the exact answer people want or don't give and arbitrary piece of evidence. Some insiders aren't being much better either though
off topic but
i ain't a furry, but that gif in your signature is incredibly adorable :3

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
idk i actually love this lineup LOL
All a matter of taste I guess.

I just find it a bit odd that not a single one of the many PS1 games I loved are on there. Closest is Rayman 1 which is a good game but I honestly preferred Rayman 2.

Also, they got the version of Resident Evil with the fart trumpets.

D

Deleted member

If the banner leak turns out to be real, then the text leak it was based off of will be as well; meaning Necrozma will be a boss. If thats true, then I wonder if it'll be just normal necrozma or if it'll be that ridiculous beast that is Ultra Necrozma.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
>no symphony of the night, bar none the most popular Castlevania of all time.

Aaaaaaaaaand trashed.

D

Deleted member

All a matter of taste I guess.

I just find it a bit odd that not a single one of the many PS1 games I loved are on there. Closest is Rayman 1 which is a good game but I honestly preferred Rayman 2.

Also, they got the version of Resident Evil with the fart trumpets.
I wanted to see Medievil, Ape Escape, Crash and Spyro.

ekc

Smash Cadet
They probably should have stayed neutral then. Them picking a side so in the way that they did has caused more suspicion on them than if they were just quiet about it
They would have had to comment eventually, them being silent is just too off for them. They know it's fake, have said as much, and just can't prove it, which is clearly a recipe for disaster. Either way they lose, but I still think how some of them handled it could have been better, but then again this community can be very aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom