• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So, how about bosses for the Grinch Gang characters?

BK- Obviously Grunty, they could even do a phase fight using her skeleton form.

Ken- Id like to see an M Bison fight. Most bosses are huge, but, M Bisom is pretty tall, and they could beef him up a little bit more to balancr him, I guess.

Shadow- Eggman. Give him a wrecking ball, the Egg robot, anything.

Geno- Axem Rangers? Smithy is a good option too.

I havent played GS or RH, and I dont remember any bosses in Mach Rider, so id love to see some creative ideas here.
For Rhythm Heaven, I would probably say the Shadow Monsters from the Samurai Slice Games
Link to the source please?
Here ya go
View attachment 173179

Oh yeah Mystic is actually answering to DM right now.
Chorus Kids, Isaac and Ken are the one he's almost certain in.

Source

He later say that him not saying Geno isn't a contradiction.

Probably that he's not 100% on Geno still

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You guys realize that the reason that person posted that was not to compete with the other leak, but to show that it can be replicated, right?

While i’d love for this to be real, we need to look at this objectively. Yeah, there’s a lot of coincidences but you need to realize that yeah, it can be done.

The fact that you guys are totally missing the bigger implication is either because you’re purposely ignoring it or just not reading between the lines.

I’m much closer to 50/50 based on the last 24 hours.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
"Oh damn! I accidentaly put Chef Boyardee in my fake leak!"

Yeah, no. He did it on purpose, probably to show how with blurriness like that it's easy to just pass over certain details. I didn't even notice him at first glance.

This dude is trying to show how easy it'd be to make a Grinch type leak, I'd bet. We had people like Vaan and Omni saying it'd take them like a weekend to do, and this guy seems to have proved it really wouldn't take long.
The problem is; his leak is nowhere near as convincing and doesn't have all the other circumstantial evidence, so he clearly missed the point.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Ken- Id like to see an M Bison fight. Most bosses are huge, but, M Bisom is pretty tall, and they could beef him up a little bit more to balancr him, I guess.

I havent played GS or RH, and I dont remember any bosses in Mach Rider, so id love to see some creative ideas here.
I'd say the obvious choice of Golden Sun boss is Saturos and Menardi, the main antagonists of the first Golden Sun game, they even have "turns red" forms to use, which I won't spoil for anyone who hasn't played the game.
The two fuse into a Dragon (called the Fusion Dragon) in the climax of the first Golden Sun game.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So here's a question. Let's say Incineroar gets revealed next and the banner is confirmed fake when the person who made it steps forward. Not everyone, but a few insiders think there could be a few characters on the banner who are actually in Smash.

Who would these characters be and why?
Guess I might as well answer my own question too.

Expecting:

Ken - Verge, the leaked picture, and the odd numbering on the box (yes, THAT box) lead me to believe Ken is almost guaranteed.

Shadow - Using the same logic I used to predict Isabelle, I think Shadow is extremely likely. Very suspicious that the Sonic series got a new AT and Shadow is still nowhere to be seen.

Incineroar - Not technically part of the question I was asking, but I feel like his chances are decent. The sheer number of insiders claiming he's in gives me a reason to believe in him. Not my first choice, but that's irrelevant.

Unsure:

Isaac - Relies on a lot of assumptions both ways. The franchise renewal could've just been a coincidence since Nintendo has been renewing a lot of franchises since last year, and we still don't have any definitive proof that the plant item is related to Golden Sun. I feel like it basically comes down to "he's really popular" as always.

Chorus Kids - Even though they were planned for Smash 4, I'm not going to make the mistake of assuming they're a shoe-in. It's an advantage, yes, but not every character Sakurai has considered will get in Smash.

Geno - Similar to Isaac, minus all the debatable evidence. Seems like sources are unsure who the SE rep could be. Is it Geno? Sora? Both? Hard to say, but just like Isaac, I feel like his popularity is the only undeniable evidence he has right now.

Not Expecting:

Banjo - I'm sorry, but this is a character I already had a lot of doubt in before this leak. Sources are saying completely different things, with claims ranging from "I have definite proof" to "He's not in at all". I won't rule out DLC, but as of today, base game seems unlikely. I might have thought he had a better chance if Microsoft already had content in Smash by now, but I have no guarantee that they'll even be involved with this game at all.

Mach Rider - Hurts to admit this, but this leak is the only thing giving this guy (or gal) hope. Without it, there's virtually nothing that specifically supports the idea of Mach Rider getting in Smash.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I feel like I missed almost nothing since last night...

...except these dumb redirect ads that I can tell are obvious scams. Can’t even check my alerts without one showing its head.

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
Anyways side discussion time: what do you make of Sheik in Ultimate? From what I gathered from experiences of those who tried her:

-She lost invincibility on startup for Up B
-She lost her throw combos due to increased BKB
-Bouncing Fish is slower but slightly stronger
-Needles take longer to charge & you can't really take advantage of jumping needle charge anymore
-Her bair is back from previous iterations
-She can cross up with uair
-She is prone to getting outtraded by other chars' aerials

I'm optimistic that the increased KB for 1v1 is going to help her, and that she will be one of the better punishers of air dodges
All I wanted for Sheik was her THWAP f-air kill confirm from Melee but nooooooo we get a bunch of nerfs instead.

D

Deleted member

I'm on Team Real now. :)
Not as hideous as Steve
Steve and Incineroar just be like:

>Zoe is so hot
>she's dog

nani? what the **** is wrong with you there, why do you find cartoon dog so hot wait don't answer that
First Off: Hi, Welcome to the Internet! You must be new here.
Second: How is it your place to judge what other people get off to?
And Third...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
That Chef Boyardee mural thingy might indeed be demonstrating how it can be done, but that more or less proves the leak's point, doesn't it? Would this person have thought to do this setup on his own if the leak didn't come out in the first place?

It goes back to that "Anyone can do it" argument. Yes, "anyone" can do it, but "anyone" also includes the original artist, who obviously would have had to do it in the first place.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Guess I might as well answer my own question too.

Expecting:

Ken - Verge, the leaked picture, and the odd numbering on the box (yes, THAT box) lead me to believe Ken is almost guaranteed.

Shadow - Using the same logic I used to predict Isabelle, I think Shadow is extremely likely. Very suspicious that the Sonic series got a new AT and Shadow is still nowhere to be seen.

Incineroar - Not technically part of the question I was asking, but I feel like his chances are decent. The sheer number of insiders claiming he's in gives me a reason to believe in him. Not my first choice, but that's irrelevant.

Unsure:

Isaac - Relies on a lot of assumptions both ways. The franchise renewal could've just been a coincidence since Nintendo has been renewing a lot of franchises since last year, and we still don't have any definitive proof that the plant item is related to Golden Sun. I feel like it basically comes down to "he's really popular" as always.

Chorus Kids - Even though they were planned for Smash 4, I'm not going to make the mistake of assuming they're a shoe-in. It's an advantage, yes, but not every character Sakurai has considered will get in Smash.

Geno - Similar to Isaac, minus all the debatable evidence. Seems like sources are unsure who the SE rep could be. Is it Geno? Sora? Both? Hard to say, but just like Isaac, I feel like his popularity is the only undeniable evidence he has right now.

Not Expecting:

Banjo - I'm sorry, but this is a character I already had a lot of doubt in before this leak. Sources are saying completely different things, with claims ranging from "I have definite proof" to "He's not in at all". I won't rule out DLC, but as of today, base game seems unlikely. I might have thought he had a better chance if Microsoft already had content in Smash by now, but I have no guarantee that they'll even be involved with this game at all.

Mach Rider - Hurts to admit this, but this leak is the only thing giving this guy (or gal) hope. Without it, there's virtually nothing that specifically supports the idea of Mach Rider getting in Smash.
I just like to point out; That gun model Sakurai has is a HUGE point in Mach's favor.

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
Hey, to anyone with good photoshop, can you make my PFP into Grinch or Geno? I have been seeing grinchized PFPs lately and I want to join grinch train. This is off topic by the way. Feel free to ignore this but I just want someone to do editing of my pfp.
What is PFP??

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
"Oh damn! I accidentaly put Chef Boyardee in my fake leak!"

Yeah, no. He did it on purpose, probably to show how with blurriness like that it's easy to just pass over certain details. I didn't even notice him at first glance.

This dude is trying to show how easy it'd be to make a Grinch type leak, I'd bet. We had people like Vaan and Omni saying it'd take them like a weekend to do, and this guy seems to have proved it really wouldn't take long.
If he drew those himself, it'd be more convincing. Easier to prove a point if you don't just do a quick photoshop job.

Potato_

Smash Lord
The problem is; his leak is nowhere near as convincing and doesn't have all the other circumstantial evidence, so he clearly missed the point.
Oh yeah it's missing the whole ALP stuff I agree, but the base point still stands. He could've taken a bit more time and altered the renders he chose to appear more unique (Maxwell's render is legit just ripped from his game), and that combined with the blurriness of the photo would make it much harder to tell whether it was real or fake. Point is that it's not nearly as difficult as some may think, the banner part of this leak can be done by a talented PS user.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
What is PFP??
I mean profile picture, sorry if it's confusing.

First Off: Hi, Welcome to the Internet! You must be new here.
Second: How is it your place to judge what other people get off to?
And Third...
undefined
Dude, do you realize that I have been spending so long time on internet and have seen weird **** there.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

Axem Rangers would make SMBZ even more of a reality, I'm in.
You guys realize that the reason that person posted that was not to compete with the other leak, but to show that it can be replicated, right?

While i’d love for this to be real, we need to look at this objectively. Yeah, there’s a lot of coincidences but you need to realize that yeah, it can be done.

The fact that you guys are totally missing the bigger implication is either because you’re purposely ignoring it or just not reading between the lines.

I'll restate what I said earlier: this joke leak doesn't actually do a good job trying to prove how Grinch is fake. They put all of their characters in empty spots on the current banner, while Grinch leak actually moves pre-existing ones around to new spaces to make room for the new characters. Not really comparable beyond the whole "DUHHH THE BANNER CAN BE EDITED" we've been seeing fakes of for months.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
EDIT: Uhhh

Welcome to page 6600

66 pages to go until we can use our pentagram to summon the Grinch for questioning.​

PLEASE DON'T REPORT ME I'M ACTUALLY STARTING TO TEAR UP IRL
chill out it was a joke, i'm not gonna report you

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
We already know the image was taken at ACP-PLV due to similarities in setup and code. If the leak is fake, ACP-PLV have the most blind and deaf supervisors out there. Like why would they just let a worker waste resources on a fake leak for so long without taking any action?

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I see that this is the time of day where the cycle starts over. So I'm just gonna dip before I get infected by it. I'll come back later tonight to see what's up. Have fun guys.

Half joking. I love you guys~♥

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Except this uses stuff that any average Joe could snag from a Hobby Lobby. The stuff used in the Grinch leak is professional grade and shows off a professional work station. The plastic used here is clearly for notebook paper as noted by the binding holes. This is something recreated with careful consideration but with cheap materials and no consideration of context, as noted by the fact that they used straight rips for the new characters.

Add in: took another look at it and it's literally printer paper...

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I just like to point out; That gun model Sakurai has is a HUGE point in Mach's favor.
But that's not something that specifically supports Mach Rider. We don't even have a guarantee that the toy is going to be used for a playable character. For all I know, Sakurai could be using it as a reference for an updated model of a Mach Rider AT.

It's interesting, but it requires a huge assumption. I don't feel comfortable making a jump that big when a vague tweet is all I have to go off of.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Anyways side discussion time: what do you make of Sheik in Ultimate? From what I gathered from experiences of those who tried her:

-She lost invincibility on startup for Up B
-She lost her throw combos due to increased BKB
-Bouncing Fish is slower but slightly stronger
-Needles take longer to charge & you can't really take advantage of jumping needle charge anymore
-Her bair is back from previous iterations
-She can cross up with uair
-She is prone to getting outtraded by other chars' aerials

I'm optimistic that the increased KB for 1v1 is going to help her, and that she will be one of the better punishers of air dodges
It's difficult to say this early on, but I think she'll have much better utility with her other specials than just relying on needles/Bouncing Fish.

Burst Grenade in particular has much higher knockback than before, on top of not putting Sheik into freefall.

There's also the fact that her forward smash now can go cross up shields. You can't dash/use most specials to go through them anymore, so it's very unique.

All in all, I agree she'll still be very strong at punishing spot/dodges. Which will maker her much scarier off stage this time around, since you only get one air dodge.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Wait...

Sakurai buys action figure to help create a character with a gun.

Mach Rider has a gun.

Our we getting a real Gun Character? :surprised:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom