• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Actually, I wouldn't mind if it was fake and it all ends on Ken and Incinaroar.

With this leak we've had a whole weekend of research, analysis and some light conspiracy on the side.

With the previous "leak" it was either "They wouldn't reveal their hand that easily" or "it's official material, it can't be denied".

This way we had something to do other than bicker.
The ridiculous thing about this leak is that it completely killed box theory on accident. We've had several people straight up say we have at least 3+ people left, presumably Kencineroar and someone else.

No matter what happens the box dies

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The ridiculous thing about this leak is that it completely killed box theory on accident. We've had several people straight up say we have at least 3+ people left, presumably Kencineroar and someone else.

No matter what happens the box dies
Good Riddance...
At this point, I’ll take a general direct with one character announcement this week.
I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened...
Especially if the leak is true, and we have like 5 unique Newcomers left...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'd only bet on third party assists from major companies if they are already represented. For example, I understand Bomberman being an AT because Sakurai already had to go to Konami for Metal Gear and Castlevania content. Therefore I could see the (unfortunate) scenario of Geno being an AT because they're already working with square for Cloud. I don't think we'd ever see Banjo as an AT, and if we did it'd only be after another MS character like Steve or Master Chief.

Yes I know there's Shovel Knight, but I feel like he's the exception because it's not like Yacht Club Games has a wide range of IPs to pull from, it's just Shovel Knight, and I'm sure it was much less of a hassle to get Shovel Knight as an AT then it would be to go to a major third party JUST for an AT. The money to use an IP from a major third party likely wouldn't be worth it without a character.

This argument just boils down to "it could've been faked" which no one argues against. It's the fact that there are so many precise details not only in the image but in the context and story surrounding it that would make the work to pull off a fake like this seemingly astounding.
But of course, they'll announce Master Chief before showing the Banjo trophy!

Also, if Incineroar is the next character revealed, watch all the people saying insiders are full of **** and harassing them suddenly go "Well, they said it's incomplete!"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
But that's boring, I want to see not even those two get revealed and be surprised. :p
Yeah, the final two newcomers turn out to be Chibi-Robo and Paper Mario with Roll as a Mega Man Echo and Zack as a Cloud Echo.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
General directs yes.

Game-specific ones no.

You can look back in however many years Nintendo has done Directs; Directs focused around one game only always get their Direct announced several days in advance.
Also I don't think Smash directs have a history of being announced via NOA's Twitter. I might be wrong on that, but at the very least the last Smash direct wasn't

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
We've had several people straight up say we have at least 3+ people left, presumably Kencineroar and someone else.
I don't get why we should trust any of the people claiming to have insider information though. People with "inside sources" have been wrong time and time again. What's to stop people making things up and claiming it came from "their sources" to gain attention? "insiders" have came out to deny other leaks like the leak that had mario odyssey's existance in it, saying that there's no way any of the stuff could happen cause it contradicted "their sources".
I never believed the box theory for a single second, but saying that there's surely more than one newcomer left because of people with "sources" isn't the best move, there could as well be one more character and nothing else.

beans

Smash Lord
So I read about 10 lages back and man, we're done here.
Its just a whole lotta of hoplaa

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
IF this leak is indeed real, then I just DON'T see Incineroar being base roster.

It makes zero sense why a company would have this stuff at this stage in the game and not have the final design for display.

I love the big lug, but if this leak is legit, he's not base roster, and that's just bizarre.

The fact that their marketing is going to say "79 characters!(Pokemon Trainer counted as 1, Miis as 3)" and them not just throwing in one more Echo to make it an even 80 feels really off.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but nowhere in the leak does it say that's the final banner? Sure it looks like it could be, but so do all of the other ones we've seen so far.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping for a Smash Direct announcement later today for November 1st. I feel that the longer we go without one, the less validity this leak has. After all, why would an updated banner be out (albeit still within offices) if the characters haven't been announced yet?

The fact that the banner is still within APC, or wherever the hell it is, means we still have a little time, but not much. Sakurai IS announcing every fighter before release.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
So I read about 10 lages back and man, we're done here.
Its just a whole lotta of hoplaa
Mmm...yeah basically. So we're all just here to chill until something new pops up...just for it to be discredited, or debunked, used for either one's side. Ya know. The usual.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I heard the version of Snapchat used in the leak is outdated, is this true, and what does it mean for the leak?

EDIT: Supposedly it's debunked. I don't use Snapchat myself, so I couldn't tell, sorry.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Correct me if I'm wrong, but nowhere in the leak does it say that's the final banner? Sure it looks like it could be, but so do all of the other ones we've seen so far.
If it's real, this has to be the full base, you don't have a company print promotional artwork and make it outdated in a month at most during the most important time to market to casual fans and potential new buyers

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I heard the version of Snapchat used in the leak is outdated, is this true, and what does it mean for the leak?
I mean it could be fake... I'm not sure
The Grinch material in the back though... that means it was probably pretty recent
that still intrigues me

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
At this point I think we've squeezed all we can from this leak, be it real or fake and now we wait.

Specifically, we wait for 9am Japan time Sunday to Thursday for the next month until something is revealed.

Here's what it looks like across timezones.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Mmm...yeah basically. So we're all just here to chill until something new pops up...just for it to be discredited, or debunked, used for either one's side. Ya know. The usual.
At least we only have to survive 11 days at max before the next direct because I don’t think Nintendo would sit on this after Friday November 9th, so it has to release between this week or next week.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
During an image search, I came across this:

I4q5f14.jpg

https://gbatemp.net/threads/super-smash-bros-4-rpg-edition-a-css-mod.434539/

Would be cool if some folks did the same thing for Ultimate.

Edit: Turns out the illustrations were by MAST3R-RAINB0W.

The ridiculous thing about this leak is that it completely killed box theory on accident. We've had several people straight up say we have at least 3+ people left, presumably Kencineroar and someone else
Not quite, there's still a handful that believe in the box theory and won't budge by principle. I just hope they'll be pleasantly surprised if they're wrong.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
If it's real, this has to be the full base, you don't have a company print promotional artwork and make it outdated in a month at most during the most important time to market to casual fans and potential new buyers
If the supposed cut off points are real, it makes complete sense that the image is designed to be easily changed and added to. It's how Nintendo adjusts the banner, and I'm sure it's how the banner will be handled after DLC. With that in mind I dont see how its impossible for there to be more added to it than what we've seen. We have no way of knowing if that banner is complete, was a proof of concept, or just one of various iterations of the final product.
My only point is that we should refrain from making assumptions and then building off of them as fact

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
So basically after all that mess last night, everyone is sorta in agreement that we’ll get all 7 and Incineroar as DLC?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
During an image search, I came across this:

View attachment 173242

https://gbatemp.net/threads/super-smash-bros-4-rpg-edition-a-css-mod.434539/

Would be cool if some folks did the same thing for Ultimate.

Edit: Turns out the illustrations were by MAST3R-RAINB0W.

Not quite, there's still a handful that believe in the box theory and won't budge by principle. I just hope they'll be pleasantly surprised if they're wrong.
Finally, Someone's showing some love to ol' Corrin
You don't see that often

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If the supposed cut off points are real, it makes complete sense that the image is designed to be easily changed and added to. It's how Nintendo adjusts the banner, and I'm sure it's how the banner will be handled after DLC. With that in mind I dont see how its impossible for there to be more added to it than what we've seen. We have no way of knowing if that banner is complete, was a proof of concept, or just one of various iterations of the final product.
My only point is that we should refrain from making assumptions and then building off of them as fact
Ok but that doesn't change the fact they want to push the game heavily in November in stores and printing ANOTHER set of banners with more means the first one was just a waste of money and materials

Edink

Smash Cadet
Idk but i'm guessing the direct will be in November 8. Hopefully it's sooner, or hopefully not, I'm without internet the days 1 to 4 so Nintendo kudasai.

Anyways it's funny how a week ago the final roster prediction was about 1 or 2 characters and now is about 5 or 6. My skeptical side is telling me to not expect to many newcomers even if the grinch leak seems to be real.

One way or another here is my prediction (for the lols)

69. Skull Kid ( yeah, i'm dumb enough to still believing and my heart's telling me stop, but MA BODY, MA BODY IS TELLING ME YES)
70. Isaac
71. Anyone else
72. Maybe this is not a prediction list, it seems more likely to be a wishlist, I'm sorry. :substitute:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So basically after all that mess last night, everyone is sorta in agreement that we’ll get all 7 and Incineroar as DLC?
I think we'll get 6 of the 7 plus Incineroar...
8 Characters with 6 unique newcomers seems a bit much...
7 Characters with 5 unique newcomers seems just about right...

JIrish780

Smash Rookie
I'm off Team Hmmm. I'm making my own team, and I'm calling it Team JUST GIVE US A BONE HERE, NINTENDO!!! JEEZ!!! I'd call it Team JGUABHNJ, but it doesn't quite roll off the tongue.

If this team already exists in some form, point me to the sign up sheet.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Welp, I'm going to bed after another crazy day here.

Hopefully in the 7-8 hours of sleep there's a Direct announcement.

No reason it can't be this week.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
I both hope the direct is on the first and hope it's on the 8th. I want news soon but I wont be able to watch it on the 1st or 2nd.

Edink

Smash Cadet
I think we'll get 6 of the 7 plus Incineroar...
8 Characters with 6 unique newcomers seems a bit much...
7 Characters with 5 unique newcomers seems just about right...
I readed this a few times, and taking the point of what insiders are saying about the banner ( although I know the whole conspiracy about Nintendo involved in this ). Who do you think is out?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
72. Maybe this is not a prediction list, it seems more likely to be a wishlist, I'm sorry. :substitute:
Definitely same lol. My actual actual prediction list (Ken, Incineroar, Geno) doesn't intrest me at all, so I'm also just predicting Skull Kid on the side because he's the only possible newcomer at this point who I still think has even a slither of a chnace that I'm interested in.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
Since I see Sora's name being popping up, so I wanna give 100% Full-on clarity of the recent events from the last SpawnCast, and why I made that the big last point. Link is here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmessXwNNI0) and here's the full quote.

I think also with the few times Spawn has said something about "being notified about a forum", at this point, I think he might know about us talking about him. I'm not trying to get any hopes up, but I'm just saying...

Spawn Michaels looking to make the streak 10-0 come December 6th.
Heh, you've become a SpawnCast cheerleader recently lol....not saying that as a bad thing though. Considering his supposed streak, I guess you have good reason to be like that (not too interested in Sora personally, but I'll definitely be happy for his fans if he gets in)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom