• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagrenac

Smash Cadet
The visuals of the leak have also been shown to be flawed by vaanrose vaanrose and @Artsy Omni though. The leakers also have something called inside sources, which actually know information about the game. All of them are saying this one is fake. How could that be I wonder?

I don't see him flip-flopping at all. He's confident in his claims, but not confident enough to say that they're 100% true, as all leakers should be.

Admit it, some of you here are just mad your character isn't 100% confirmed by mr. leakerman after you thought he said they were.
The flaws in the image have been shown to be replicated by image compression and screen shotting. I'll need to find the source so dont take my word on it yet.

The amount of stuff this leak has going for it is suspicious. With more evidence piling every day and essentially no one has 100% deconfirmed it.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
The visuals of the leak have also been shown to be flawed by vaanrose vaanrose and @Artsy Omni though. The leakers also have something called inside sources, which actually know information about the game. All of them are saying this one is fake. How could that be I wonder?

I don't see him flip-flopping at all. He's confident in his claims, but not confident enough to say that they're 100% true, as all leakers should be.

Admit it, some of you here are just mad your character isn't 100% confirmed by mr. leakerman after you thought he said they were.
Um, no? I'm upset because he gave conflicting information over the course of a couple minutes. You're also being a bit defensive and aggressive. I think the conversation could benfit from us all staying calm. I know this is a passionate heated subject; but personal attacks and sarcasm don't help the overall conversation.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
He's confident in his claims, but not confident enough to say that they're 100% true, as all leakers should be.
If I were a leaker or insider, I wouldn't waste anyone's time with anything that wasn't a guarantee. Would you?

Anything below 90-95% is only going to cause headache situations like this. It's better to stay quiet and let people have their peace of mind intact (though, it's too late for that now).

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Geno and Banjo are the two I loved about the leak and now they are the two possibly in limbo :(

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I've entertained this possibility as well. Incineroar: Obvious addition (due to being a Pokemon from the most recent generation), fake, fed to leakers to ruin their credibility. Ken: Obvious addition, real, fed to leakers because he's Ken and everyone figured he'd be in the game anyway.

Also makes sense that Nintendo would produce a fake mural with a character they actually own, rather than Banjo for some bizarre reason.
Honestly Im still not on board with Incineroar being a fake out considering that TPC has more control over that IP than most other companies involved with Nintendo directly. Even if they were to do that why let the one they are seemingly trying to market? That ends up hurting them more than anything.
Aside from that fake outs are more used to figure out who is leaking info, not to ruin credibility, it's doubtful that Nintendo cares about a leakers credibility.
Don't see how the Ken point would make sense either though as why would a company willingly leak something intentionally, regardless of how expected they are? Wouldn't they just have them officially revealed?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Do you guys think a Halloween direct is possible. It'd make sense with the likely emphasis on Spirits mode
Unfortunately, I doubt it.
It wouldn't quite make sense to make an announcement where a significant portion of the community would be out and about partying or candy-hunting.

A few days before would be ideal, but we would've heard of it by then.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

As has been said, "How could that be I wonder?" Everyone working under faulty assumptions, and from what most insiders have said, that's not out of the realm of possibility. Whether it's plausible, I'll leave that up to you.

And as for flip-flopping--Mystic flip flopped at the start and apologized for it. I admire the transparency, but it does make someone less credible. Despite that, I tried giving them the benefit of the doubt by trying to piece together what they said. But you can't misuse words like "confirm" and "unconfirmed" and using different terms "maybe" and "fake" 5 seconds later.

OurBoyRoy

Smash Cadet
I've said something similar at least twice, but I feel like adding my input again.

I appreciate Mystic being transparent: it's much better in comparison to other insiders who insist in basically insulting anyone who thinks it COULD be true by acting completely condescending and painting said people up to be nothing more than conspiracy theorists even though the exact same insider who does this is okay with people taking what THEY have to say as fact. So kudos to Mystic.

However, I didn't trust Mystic and most other insiders in the beginning -- yes, that includes Papagenos -- and I still don't trust them now. Noy because I don't want to believe them because their info doesn't include what I want to hear (example: I've already said I don't trust Papagenos and he is claiming this is real), or that they are being payed off, or anything like that. It's the conflict of info and/or the lack of confidence they have.

Mystic said he felt it was real, then 50/50, then not so much, while then saying pretty much every character but Banjo and Mach Rider are confirmed, while also saying he isn't 100% sure on anything and don't take his confirmations as fact (Geno might not happen, etc). At the same time Papagenos says Banjo is a lock, the other 7 banner characters have been heard of but can't be confirmed. I think last I heard about Vergeben he was saying Ken and Incineroar were the last ones -- but a character like Sora/Geno could be a hidden basegame character or DLC or something. So on and so on.

To much conflict between insiders and their sources. I'm not going to favor a specific insider over the other just because I like them more, and that includes Ryce (who I KNOW has gotten stuff correct in the past) -- especially since it was like a day or two ago he basically said that he could be 100% sure his sources didn't receive leak bait, or a similar scenario.

I just think no one really knows what's going on. Maybe someone, but who? There is no way to know. So right now unless one of these guys can give some good proof or something I'm not really going to let what they have to say to influence my opinion on if this leak is real OR fake.

I'm open to pretty much anything else to prove this is real or fake. Right now the best thing I've seen against this is still the background changes, that's some good evidence. Sorry but I don't find "MY sources are telling the truth!" "NO! MY sources are right!" to be good evidence.

Still think it's real right now.
I'm basically on the exact same page.

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
Geno and Banjo are the two I loved about the leak and now they are the two possibly in limbo :(
If it's any consolation, Sakurai has wanted Geno in Smash for a very long time. If he ever had the opportunity to put him in, this would be the time...for his ultimate installment.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Unfortunately, I doubt it.
It wouldn't quite make sense to make an announcement where a significant portion of the community would be out and about partying or candy-hunting.

A few days before would be ideal, but we would've heard of it by then.
I could see a direct being announced then but not release on that date honestly

Kagrenac

Smash Cadet
Im just going to keep reiterating that people with inside sources are not trustable.

Bamco literally stated they give out false info.

Theres a reason all these sources think incineroar is in and not banjo.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
You guys realize that when he called the banner fake he was speaking his own personal opinion right? The tweet you’re all pointing out as “backpedaling” and a contradiction isn’t any of that at all. He meant in his earlier thread he had the banner itself listed as unconfirmed due to his sources not outright ruling it out, but the thread past that was his own personal opinion. And in that very thread he immediately admitted that he may have worded it wrong and he was gonna correct himself but then he started getting harassed. I admit even I misunderstood at first but seriously, put two and two together.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
I'm basically on the exact same page.
Yup.

Also, I need to say that I give vaanrose vaanrose Kudos for being one (if not the only) one that made me feel like it was fake at times. That stuff is actually evidence, not this "I know what's up" "NO! I know what's up" BS that's happening between insiders.

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Mystic doesn't seem credible at all, why are you all paying attention to him? Because he guessed a game in development hell would be cancelled (Scalebound) and that Isabelle would be in (Verge piggyback?)?? This guy has barely anything to him AND is flip flopping already where the grinch leak still has unbelievable evidence and hasn't come close to being debunked - I have no doubt in my mind that it's real.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I mean, you're not wrong at all....

but the guy changed his own veredict of the banner in less than 30 mins, i really cant see how he's more reliable than most leakers.

Dude says it himself: he has reason to believe it's fake, but until it's confirmed fake, it isn't. Dude's not a leaker, he's a journalist. I get that this is an alteration of my original point, but I believe it makes more sense to view him as a journalist, who compiles multiple sources and then moves forward with that, but still exercises caution and acknowledges the belief that they may be wrong.
The flaws in the image have been shown to be replicated by image compression and screen shotting. I'll need to find the source so dont take my word on it yet.

The amount of stuff this leak has going for it is suspicious. With more evidence piling every day and essentially no one has 100% deconfirmed it.
Image compression explains some of it, but not all of it. The crystals are still wrong and that's not something you can deny.
Um, no? I'm upset because he gave conflicting information over the course of a couple minutes. You're also being a bit defensive and aggressive. I think the conversation could benefit from us all staying calm. I know this is a passionate heated subject; but personal attacks and sarcasm don't help the overall conversation.
Well, you know what they say: The best defense is a good offense, or is the other way around? /s

I wasn't implicating you in that post. I thought making it a separate paragraph would make that clear, but I guess it didn't. I'm sorry for that, and for any hurt emotions that may have come from that. There still is the truth that some people are angry that Mystic said Geno and Shadow were likely, and then said that other characters were more likely. Sometimes the truth is ugly, but that doesn't mean that we should ignore it.
If I were a leaker or insider, I wouldn't waste anyone's time with anything that wasn't a guarantee. Would you?

Anything below 90-95% is only going to cause headache situations like this. It's better to stay quiet and let people have their peace of mind intact (though, it's too late for that now).
Understandable, but the dude isn't a leaker, he's a journalist, and he's doing his best to provide us with the truth, however murky and confusing it may be.
He's putting himself on the chopping block for our sake.
As has been said, "How could that be I wonder?" Everyone working under faulty assumptions, and from what most insiders have said, that's not out of the realm of possibility. Whether it's plausible, I'll leave that up to you.

And as for flip-flopping--Mystic flip flopped at the start and apologized for it. I admire the transparency, but it does make someone less credible. Despite that, I tried giving them the benefit of the doubt by trying to piece together what they said. But you can't misuse words like "confirm" and "unconfirmed" and using different terms "maybe" and "fake" 5 seconds later.
Thank you for always having a rational and well thought out opinion. We may disagree, but I'd like you to know that I respect you.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Can I sacrifice the past 700 pages of this thread?
No.

There's a lot of Grinch memes in them that have the potential to be even more hilarious should the leak turn out true.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
You guys realize that when he called the banner fake he was speaking his own personal opinion right? The tweet you’re all pointing out as “backpedaling” and a contradiction isn’t any of that at all. He meant in his earlier thread he had the banner itself listed as unconfirmed due to his sources not outright ruling it out, but the thread past that was his own personal opinion. And in that very thread he immediately admitted that he may have worded it wrong and he was gonna correct himself but then he started getting harassed. I admit even I misunderstood at first but seriously, put two and two together.
It's hard to do so when it's split up into like 50 tweets. I wish they wouldn've just consolidated all of the info.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Agreed, Isaac's chances are at an all-time high imo

On the subject of Mystic, I think he could convey what he's trying to say a bit more clearly. Though perhaps this might be on purpose so they don't uncover his source or something. I don't believe what he has to say, personally.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Honestly Im still not on board with Incineroar being a fake out considering that TPC has more control over that IP than most other companies involved with Nintendo directly. Even if they were to do that why let the one they are seemingly trying to market? That ends up hurting them more than anything.
Aside from that fake outs are more used to figure out who is leaking info, not to ruin credibility, it's doubtful that Nintendo cares about a leakers credibility.
Don't see how the Ken point would make sense either though as why would a company willingly leak something intentionally, regardless of how expected they are? Wouldn't they just have them officially revealed?
What's this, logic? How dare you?

Yeah I definitely see how that conspiracy theory falls apart. It's mostly just a fun thought experiment seeing as we don't actually have anything concrete to go off at the moment.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Good morning. I take it that there was no significant development in the last eight hours and we are still discussing the same things.

D

Deleted member

Mystic doesn't seem credible at all, why are you all paying attention to him? Because he guessed a game in development hell would be cancelled (Scalebound) and that Isabelle would be in (Verge piggyback?)?? This guy has barely anything to him AND is flip flopping already where the grinch leak still has unbelievable evidence and hasn't come close to being debunked - I have no doubt in my mind that it's real.
Your right let’s just ignore this ****nut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom