• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Its been a few days of lurking, reading these posts, etc. Discussion over this has been quite hilarious.

I've been #teamreal from the start. If this is fake this is the greatest fake of all time. Whats more all of these major gaming media outlets and channels that have been on record discussinf supossed leaks before are reallllllllll quiet all of a sudden. Whats stopping them all of a sudden? My guess its nintendo.

And dont get me wrong the only person i feel bad for here is sakurai. I dont care if the leak is fake or real but if its real, I really do feel for Sakurai. This man pours his heart and soul into the secrecy and surprise factor for his games...only for it to be ruined by the internet. Not even Smash Ultimate could keep away from leaks.

So yeah. Im team real. Honestly would be the best roster of all time in any fighting game. Its perfect.

Heres to a nintendo/smash direct soon!

Polan

Smash Lord
So basically:

All the insiders practically have conflicting information barring Ken + Incineroar.

I have a very good feeling that Incineroar was leak bait, tbh. There's no way every insider knows these two characters and have conflicting info with the rest of... well... everything basically.

Who knows though, we're just in a roundabout of speculation at this point.
"the one character that everyone is consistently saying is in is actually fake because reasons"

nice logic fam.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The Smash Bros. fanbase showing bias in regards to leaks and throwing around buzzwords to discredit leakers they don't like?

There's no way this could happen!

Oh wait, it's totally happening right now.

Here's a nice way to sum up the situation:
View attachment 173193
This is so accurate it hurt. Especially compared to the Fighting game community, we are the worst.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
So basically:

All the insiders practically have conflicting information barring Ken + Incineroar.

I have a very good feeling that Incineroar was leak bait, tbh. There's no way every insider knows these two characters and have conflicting info with the rest of... well... everything basically.

Who knows though, we're just in a roundabout of speculation at this point.
I've entertained this possibility as well. Incineroar: Obvious addition (due to being a Pokemon from the most recent generation), fake, fed to leakers to ruin their credibility. Ken: Obvious addition, real, fed to leakers because he's Ken and everyone figured he'd be in the game anyway.

Also makes sense that Nintendo would produce a fake mural with a character they actually own, rather than Banjo for some bizarre reason.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Jesus you guys are off the deep end now then ever. I hope for all you're sake there is a direct this week. Personally I don't know if you guys will last two more weeks. :laugh:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I have a question for all of you that I can't wrap my head around? If Nintendo is so airtight on leaks, how are there so many insiders that know the final roster?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
The Smash Bros. fanbase showing bias in regards to leaks and throwing around buzzwords to discredit leakers they don't like?

View attachment 173193
Okay; but should we just not call out actual flip flopping? No offence to Mystic, but he kinda doesn't sound like he quite know's what he's talking about.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

View attachment 173193
Remember when Verge called us "Smash babies" back in the summer and we all took offense to him?

Dude was totally right in the long run.

Yoshster

Smash Rookie

View attachment 173193
The leakers have literally no evidence.

The visuals of the leak have been shown to be very hard to replicate and are very detailed.

It is not some irrational bias to side with actual visual evidence over people who can't even get their stories straight.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I want that too but what if he is legit?
Then this would be our best chance in a while to get some info on different things. Afterwards we can still call hhim out.
If that’s the case, then give every 4chan parasite the same time of day.
How to discredit someone:

1. harass them

2. call them a flip-flopper when they try to stop the harassment
Or...just point out that they are flip-flopping and raise the red flag because of it?

If you are going to throw your name out publicly as having information, you sign up for the reaction that comes with it. His pattern of behavior with being someone with “sources” doesn’t fit the bill of someone who is credible.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I have a question for all of you that I can't wrap my head around? If Nintendo is so airtight on leaks, how are there so many insiders that know the final roster?
Nintendo's higher up are airtight on leaks, doesn't mean their employees are.

Last edited:

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
I wonder with so much information going around between the insiders, if we may soon see another leak that includes a different cast of characters? Imagine if we get hit with a second leak as big as the Grinch one.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hypothetically, if we were to get a direct November 1st it could be announced as early as Today.

Don't get your hopes up, i'm just thinking out loud.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Literally all he’s doing is clarifying himself and trying to be as transparent as he can with us and people are accusing him of flip-flopping. It’s ****ing wild.
The worst is you know these snap-judgment rationalizations are going to stick with people even after he's done explaining everything.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Remember when Verge called us "Smash babies" back in the summer and we all took offense to him?

Dude was totally right in the long run.
Oh I agreed with him then. I agree with him now.

People call him out for being rude or whatever but really he's only rude when people act entitled to his info, or pester him. Which is often.

His one real ****up was dropping autism as an insult. And he apologized and admitted he was wrong on that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hypothetically, if we were to get a direct November 1st it could be announced as early as Today.

I give it until Tuesday or Wednesday for an announcement if we even get anything this week.

Kagrenac

Smash Cadet
They dont. To put it simply bamco and Nintendo give out false info to snuff out leakers.

I made a post in this thread earlier with a video of Xander Mobus (smash 4s announcecer) saying this exact thing.

Half the sources these asshats have are likely leak bait.

Do not trust "leakers" that dont have proof. Simple as that.

Incineroar is a red herring

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Really wish Nintendo or Mashed Potato Samurai himself would just announce a Smash Direct (The wait for a new Smash Bros Ultimate Announcement is absolute MURDER) to confirm or de-confirm that the banner leak is legit!

Just so we can end this internet nuclear war and get one small ****ing clue as to who will in the new roster after all is said and finished (I'm dead serious, WHY ARE THEY TORTURING US LIKE THIS FOR ****S GLORIOUS SAKE)!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The leakers have literally no evidence.

The visuals of the leak have been shown to be very hard to replicate and are very detailed.

It is not some irrational bias to side with actual visual evidence over people who can't even get their stories straight.
The visuals of the leak have also been shown to be flawed by vaanrose vaanrose and Artsy Omni Artsy Omni though. The leakers also have something called inside sources, which actually know information about the game. All of them are saying this one is fake. How could that be I wonder?
Okay; but should we just not call out actual flip flopping? No offence to Mystic, but he kinda doesn't sound like he quite know's what he's talking about.
I don't see him flip-flopping at all. He's confident in his claims, but not confident enough to say that they're 100% true, as all leakers should be.

Admit it, some of you here are just mad your character isn't 100% confirmed by mr. leakerman after you thought he said they were.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

I don't know...

I have a feeling (only a feeling) that we might get it in the second week of November, but the first week is just as plausible, honestly. I'm gonna need a good birthday gift, so I went for second week.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
this truly is a good representation of the internet if I've ever seen one

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
I've said something similar at least twice, but I feel like adding my input again.

I appreciate Mystic being transparent: it's much better in comparison to other insiders who insist in basically insulting anyone who thinks it COULD be true by acting completely condescending and painting said people up to be nothing more than conspiracy theorists even though the exact same insider who does this is okay with people taking what THEY have to say as fact. So kudos to Mystic.

However, I didn't trust Mystic and most other insiders in the beginning -- yes, that includes Papagenos -- and I still don't trust them now. Noy because I don't want to believe them because their info doesn't include what I want to hear (example: I've already said I don't trust Papagenos and he is claiming this is real), or that they are being payed off, or anything like that. It's the conflict of info and/or the lack of confidence they have.

Mystic said he felt it was real, then 50/50, then not so much, while then saying pretty much every character but Banjo and Mach Rider are confirmed, while also saying he isn't 100% sure on anything and don't take his confirmations as fact (Geno might not happen, etc). At the same time Papagenos says Banjo is a lock, the other 7 banner characters have been heard of but can't be confirmed. I think last I heard about Vergeben he was saying Ken and Incineroar were the last ones -- but a character like Sora/Geno could be a hidden basegame character or DLC or something. So on and so on.

To much conflict between insiders and their sources. I'm not going to favor a specific insider over the other just because I like them more, and that includes Ryce (who I KNOW has gotten stuff correct in the past) -- especially since it was like a day or two ago he basically said that he could be 100% sure his sources didn't receive leak bait, or a similar scenario.

I just think no one really knows what's going on. Maybe someone, but who? There is no way to know. So right now unless one of these guys can give some good proof or something I'm not really going to let what they have to say to influence my opinion on if this leak is real OR fake.

I'm open to pretty much anything else to prove this is real or fake. Right now the best thing I've seen against this is still the background changes, that's some good evidence. Sorry but I don't find "MY sources are telling the truth!" "NO! MY sources are right!" to be good evidence.

Still think it's real right now.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 173193
I mean, you're not wrong at all....

but the guy changed his own veredict of the banner in less than 30 mins, i really cant see how he's more reliable than most leakers.

I dont think he has bad intentions, but the whole rant is very misleading.

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
"the one character that everyone is consistently saying is in is actually fake because reasons"

nice logic fam.
Why are the only two characters these leakers constantly bringing up the ONLY constants between all of them?

Ken isn't a surprising addition, I doubt he was under the radar as much as other characters. Him leaking is just about as crazy as hearing that Ice Climbers were returning. It's not.

But why is Incineroar the only other character that everyone is so dead set on being in the game? They literally have no proof other than "trust me" for the public right now.

My logic is that Incineroar was probably leak bait as he's the only constant between leakers/insiders, and is strangely missing from easily one of the most complex and hard to fake leaks in Smash. It's not that hard to believe, and it's just my personal thoughts on this. Just because it doesn't align with your thought process or your logic, doesn't mean it's poor logic. Nobody can deny that the whole Incineroar thing is straight up fishy at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom