• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, Noipoi Noipoi , if you add me to that poster you're drawing: I feel like I should be drawn as Tails wearing Isaac's clothes.

Just a... challenge for you. :laugh:

Of course, you don't have to add me, nor do you have to fulfill my request in any regard.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Back to my Pokémon Heart Gold playthrough, where Mewtwos dwell in the Burnt Tower.

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
I'm not emotionally invested in any of the characters on the banner anyway so I don't need to worry about any sort of danger of getting my hopes up if it ends up being fake. I'd gladly take Incineroar over at least four of the characters on that banner so I win either way.
This sounds like an horrible crime lol :grin:

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
I cried a lot forever because I want these Chorus kids are my true dream... I HATE MYSTIC SPOOKY THAT TERRIBLE IS IT! Well, I'm going to sleep while I'll use an asthma nebulizer for 2 and 3 days, good night.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
>Mystic leans towards real on the leak
>Board generally favorable to him
>Mystic’s opinion shifts
>’**** this Mystic guy, is he even credible?’

For ****’s sake guys, please. Don’t even pretend the shift in general opinion of Mystic isn’t obvious. This is super-uncool and shows a lot of vitriol and bias on team real’s side.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
We still don't even know it's official.

If, and this is a big IF, it ends up being fake, then you're just going to look silly calling it official.

I'm undecided as far as this goes, but calling this Official when we have 0 official statements on it is jumping the gun.
Yeah I'm not afraid of getting my feet wet. I refuse to be in a state of confusion when the evidence is all in front of me, and it all leads to it being real. Only reason I'm on here anyway is just to see what people discover.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wish personally that Mystic could point out those inconsistencies in the background, because I am pretty sure we covered most of those inconsistencies before.
I am saying this again since this wasn't even paid attention to last time. I am sure some or most of the inconsistencies he has seen have been talked about before, and debated on.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I cried a lot forever because I want these Chorus kids are my true dream... I HATE MYSTIC SPOOKY THAT TERRIBLE IS IT! Well, I'm going to sleep while I'll use an asthma nebulizer for 2 and 3, good night.
-The banner is fake based on his observation

https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1056742524679847944

https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1056720645306880001

-Chorus Kids could still be in

https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1056750192257650688

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
PeeQa5h.png

Oh yeah Mystic is actually answering to DM right now.
Chorus Kids, Isaac and Ken are the one he's almost certain in.

Source

He later say that him not saying Geno isn't a contradiction.

Probably that he's not 100% on Geno still

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
If the banner is fake, then the leak is fake. There’s no halfway here...someone’s not creating a fake leak only to get half the credit if half-correct, especially if it’s a banner.

This Mystic guy has some major red flags about him the way he’s describing the banner being fake. You can’t have it both ways, bro. Take a stance.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
When this is all said and done, we should live stream a reading of pages 6000-6600 just because I'm pretty sure 90% of what everyone is saying will age hilariously

Iridium

Smash Hero
What are peoples first plans when they get the game.

Outside worshiping the box, It is a replicate match of my first run with Smash 64. Granted it will have to be against the PC given my friend is not around, but it will be Link vs Kirby on Cornaria (given Sector Z is not present). To simulate that match. Might even find my old Tool CD for that one epic match on Sector Z with my 4 friends. Get some Parabol/a going on.

After that, I think it will be beating classic mode with the original 8/12. And then unlock a character. beat classic. rinse and repeat.
I will complete the challenge, once again, of unlocking every character in 24 hours or less. More characters always helps with adding a challenge.

That, and testing the heck out of that training stage.

Polan

Smash Lord
Man some of the opinions in this thread changed so fast that I think I may have gotten whiplash. What makes Mystic so much more trustworthy than all of the other insiders who have said similar things about the banner?
like i said before, he's saying what people want to hear being said. if he backpedals and starts saying **** people don't like, i fully expect everyone on this thread to start calling him a "fraud" and a "liar". at the end of the day, that's just how the smash fanbase functions.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
>Mystic’s opinion shifts

For ****’s sake guys, please. Don’t even pretend the shift in general opinion of Mystic isn’t obvious. This is super-uncool and shows a lot of vitriol and bias on team real’s side.
I never even heard of the guy until tonight, but I can guarantee you I'd discard his opinion no matter what side he was on.

I just don't have any reason to care what he thinks, and I find it bizarre that people do.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what's this talk all about? Possible chance the banner leak maybe fake with only a few from it making it in? Haven't been catching up.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
What are peoples first plans when they get the game.

Outside worshiping the box, It is a replicate match of my first run with Smash 64. Granted it will have to be against the PC given my friend is not around, but it will be Link vs Kirby on Cornaria (given Sector Z is not present). To simulate that match. Might even find my old Tool CD for that one epic match on Sector Z with my 4 friends. Get some Parabol/a going on.

After that, I think it will be beating classic mode with the original 8/12. And then unlock a character. beat classic. rinse and repeat.
4 DKs each trying to assert their dominance by spiking their rivals to their doom.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
So, assuming the leak IS real and we’re also getting Incineroar, why would they send an Unfinished version Promo Art to the printing company? Is Incineroar like a day 1 bonus or something?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If the banner is fake, then the leak is fake. There’s no halfway here...someone’s not creating a fake leak only to get half the credit if half-correct, especially if it’s a banner.

This Mystic guy has some major red flags about him the way he’s describing the banner being fake. You can’t have it both ways, bro. Take a stance.
A leak can be fake but get things Right.

Exemple : Every ****ing 4chan text leak with Ken/Incineroar/Shadow/Geno

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
...Yeah no, I’m still on Team Real regarding the banner, it’d take a brilliant galaxy level mastermind and incredible detail for some middle aged guy to make an entire video game leak just to troll some fanbase online.

I’m sure whatever this Mystic guy is saying might be true but for now, it’s only his opinions, and there’s no way I’m gonna treat it as gospel.

Same goes for every insider as well, but not trusting doesn’t equal harassment either so don’t do that.

Call me stubborn all you want but this would be one impresssive leak even with the buttload of evidence everywhere supporting it.

I’m not trying to confirm it myself, just that I still find it hard to believe to not believe.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I will complete the challenge, once again, of unlocking every character in 24 hours or less. More characters always helps with adding a challenge.

That, and testing the heck out of that training stage.
Buy amiibos, wasn't there a rumor that they can immediately unlock the Characters?

Yoshster

Smash Rookie
I really don't understand why many of you are taking this Mystic guy's tweets as gospel.

We have visuals of the leak, with many things that would be incredibly hard to fake. I take that as stronger evidence than someone on Twitter saying "I have sources".

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
While at this point, I'm not especially concerned about who gets in, I'm really enjoying the back-and-forth and the buildup to what will surely be a glorious climax with salt on all sides.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
>Mystic’s opinion shifts

personally I had no clue who he was and just saw him go from "I can confirm geno is in" to"dont use my tweets as confirmation"

AugustusB

Smash Champion
View attachment 173179

Oh yeah Mystic is actually answering to DM right now.
Chorus Kids, Isaac and Ken are the one he's almost certain in.

Source

He later say that him not saying Geno isn't a contradiction.

Probably that he's not 100% on Geno still
Could you imagine, if more insiders came out like this.
However the next one says "Mach Rider, Shadow and Ken are the ones I am certain about"

And the next one "I heard 3rd party is bigger in this one so yes, Geno and Banjo are in"

What if the insiders came together....to fill the Grinch Leak Banner?

Dun dun Duuunnnnnn....

Last edited:

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
(After the leaks)
"- The new leaks are here! Dark times are coming, DARK TIMES INDEED!!
- Aren't you overreacting a bit?

- Welcome to the apocalypse Mr. Squid006, I hope you like 4chan.
- No, I prefer Reddit.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I really don't understand why many of you are taking this Mystic guy's tweets as gospel.

We have visuals of the leak, with many things that would be incredibly hard to fake. I take that as stronger evidence than someone on Twitter saying "I have sources".
And in the case it IS fake.... then what?

This can be faked. It's mind numbingly crazy to think, but it's completely doable.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So what's this talk all about? Possible chance the banner leak maybe fake with only a few from it making it in? Haven't been catching up.
Mystic, an insider, feels certain that Chorus Kids, Isaac, and Ken are in, and maybe Geno, Incineroar, and Shadow; Lloyd as DLC.

He mentioned some on his Twitter and Chorus Kids with a couple in text to someone so idk (the couple other than Chorus Kids were also on his Twitter).

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
A leak can be fake but get things Right.

Exemple : Every ****ing 4chan text leak with Ken/Incineroar/Shadow/Geno
Yes, but the leak itself is still fake.

A supposed leaked banner where some of the characters are wrong and some are right? That means the guy was lying, not with misinformed sources or some ****.

For the record, I’m 100% team real and 100% oh freaking well if it turns out fake.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Buy amiibos, wasn't there a rumor that they can immediately unlock the Characters?
I don't have the money for a lot of them (in total), and I sorta want to make it more difficult for myself by doing it without that help. But I do want some, for another time.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
So he almost confirmed Chorus Kids? if its fake then whoever made the leak got really lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom