• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wish personally that Mystic could point out those inconsistencies in the background, because I am pretty sure we covered most of those inconsistencies before.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Going back to #TeamReal for now. I just find the fact that A-C-P hasn't vehemently denied any sort of involvement with Nintendo or the leak like Marina did as a very reasonable indicator of them being under an NDA. And really, I find #TeamFake's basic premise of a faker trying to add credibility to their leak by deliberately framing a company who's clients aren't publicly available knowledge & who could have very easily discredited the leak in five seconds flat if they weren't under an NDA as being a clever idea instead of you know...mindboggling stupid beyond belief too ludicrous an notion to even bother entertaining any longer.

I'm not emotionally invested in any of the characters on the banner anyway so I don't need to worry about any sort of danger of getting my hopes up if it ends up being fake. I'd gladly take Incineroar over at least four of the characters on that banner so I win either way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If at the end of the Smash Direct they pull a 2nd "EVERYONE IS HERE" or Sakurai flat out admits that this is the final roster, a 2nd one seems highly unlikely.
But what if he shows off the numbers like he did with the stages and the music?

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
If at the end of the Smash Direct they pull a 2nd "EVERYONE IS HERE" or Sakurai flat out admits that this is the final roster, a 2nd one seems highly unlikely.
Oh definitely. Also there is no confirmation of another direct yet.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Basically, taking legal action is literally confirming the Leaks the random shmuk on Twitter is parotting.

But even if you do that, you don't know who in your company sold the information to the guy, and even if you take care of Guy 1, there a high chance that information will end up in the hands of guy 2 etc...

Tl;Dr it's an uphill battle that they can't win
Would the company even be able to take legal action against a person if they were simply parroting info someone else gave them?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
There's one thing that I can agree with Mystic, and that's one of his picks for DLC to be Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia (part of the "Tales Of" JRPG series).

It actually falls in line with a short lived Reddit post that confirmed the Mural Leak and predicts a VGA Announcement that reveals 1 DLC character and foreshadows up to 3 more on the mural SFV style.

I don't think that the short-lived Reddit post is trust-worthy, but I do think it's probable given the timing.
It's certain we'll get some info about Smash at the VGA's on December 6th, but as to what it reveals and how much it'll reveal is yet to be seen.

If anything, a DLC pack with Heihachi, Lloyd, KOS-MOS, and Sora is pretty the most reasonable thing to predict in the future post release.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Would the company even be able to take legal action against a person if they were simply parroting info someone else gave them?
You say that like the ninjas didn't already take him, torture him, and interrogate him.

D

Deleted member

Man some of the opinions in this thread changed so fast that I think I may have gotten whiplash. What makes Mystic so much more trustworthy than all of the other insiders who have said similar things about the banner?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Man, I feel so much more confident in believing someone with actual record of insider information than a bunch of fan theories about a picture.

Dunno why you all are so anti-insiders when they're how we get leaks for the majority of games.

Pretty sure it's just because you don't like what they have to say.

Please convince me that this isn't some Smash fan with high quality printing equipment who made a mural to print. There have been so many fake banners posted in this thread (some even today) that I don't know what makes this one so special.

Omni has said he can make a fake mural like this in a few hours. How do we know this is any different from that?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
no idea :p I was just defining backpedaling i actually got no clue what hes doing it on or even who the heck he is lol
Either way, whatever he was backpedaling on, he is starting to show inconsistency in my opinion. Not that this may not affect his credibility mostly, if it does, but it is making things fishy for himself and his claims, if you ask me.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Considering supposed insiders are seemingly split down the middle on whether it's real or fake, I think it's best to form your own opinions, dearies. Insiders got something right in the past. Doesn't mean they're right now. It's why I always had my eye on Verg's claims but never claimed him as word-of-God.

Grippy_Toad

Smash Rookie
If Banjo isn't in I'll have to curb my sadness by buying Brawlout and using Yooka-Laylee in that game.

****ing kill me.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
So the Insiders are claiming fake, but most of the characters are confirmed with the others they have no info about? What even is this lol

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm literally busting out laughing because everyone got gloomy only for Mystic to back pedal
Mystic started this whole thing by backpedaling. Saying the banner was real, and then going oh maybe not, to oh fake. Which is why I had a hard time believing them in the first place. But I always have to remember to check my bias, and take in any negative information and treat it as if it could be true. But I'm getting whiplash right now doing so.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Wonder if Mystic would answer a very simple question to put him up on a pedestal? I hate all the witch hunting/hounding people though so I wouldn't dare.

"If this banner is fake, if there is a true banner, have you seen it?"

Potato_

Smash Lord
There's one thing that I can agree with Mystic, and that's one of his picks for DLC to be Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia (part of the "Tales Of" JRPG series).

It actually falls in line with a short lived Reddit post that confirmed the Mural Leak and predicts a VGA Announcement that reveals 1 DLC character and foreshadows up to 3 more on the mural SFV style.

I don't think that the short-lived Reddit post is trust-worthy, but I do think it's probable given the timing.
It's certain we'll get some info about Smash at the VGA's on December 6th, but as to what it reveals and how much it'll reveal is yet to be seen.

I would love them teasing out the characters with silhouettes.

Cause I know people here would go insane trying to figure out who they are, much like with SFV's DLC in Season 2.

I honestly think Lloyd has enough of an argument to make base, he's almost a certainty as DLC.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Why is it that everyday, a new insider or individual comes out to express their opinion on the "leak" all of a sudden? Maybe that's not a problem, but the responses I [sometimes] see based on these occurrences are actually ridiculous. At this point, I'm predicting a Direct announcement this Wednesday.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I think its time I take a break from this thread. It's the same schtick every day.

Something new is found, and is refuted no more than an hour later.
Insiders, insiders, and more insiders, and how most, if not all, of them believe the leak is a hoax.
Constant flaming and arguing.
Incineroar being a scapegoat.

It almost like I entered some sort of time loop and I'm repeating October 24th over and over again. However, I will leave you guys with three things:

• I am literally exactly in the middle on this. I don't know what to believe. You can probably dig through my profile and find out why I'm so split about it. I don't know what these insiders are seeing, so I can't make a good enough judgment on the banner.
  • We'll more likely than not reach page 7000 before we get a direct, and we'll then have over 1000 pages dedicated to this leak. Smh.
  • Dont' flame, harass, berate, or threaten another person just because they have a different opinion. Be decent people. And, as the legendary meme puts it:
Goodbye for now, everyone! I'll remember you all in therapy!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You guys have no idea what back-pedalling is. He's saying not mentioning characters doesn't inherently mean they're excluded and mentioning them doesn't mean they're inherently included because he himself is not putting absolute faith in the sources he has. That doesn't go against his initial claims, it elaborates on them.

Being aware of your margin for error is much smarter than parroting what you've heard as if it were infallible.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Calling it now: Eight characters revealed

Mallow, Gruntilda, Karate Joe, Samurott, Excitebiker, Felix, Espio, Gen

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
Spooky Mystic guy is being too vague, at this point i dont care if he has insiders or "sources", if he has the info he should say it as clear, everything else is going to be considered as him looking for attention.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Man, I feel so much more confident in believing someone with actual record of insider information than a bunch of fan theories about a picture.

Dunno why you all are so anti-insiders when they're how we get leaks for the majority of games.

Please convince me that this isn't some Smash fan with high quality printing equipment who made a mural to print. There have been so many fake banners posted in this thread (some even today) that I don't know what makes this one so special.

Omni has said he can make a fake mural like this in a few hours. How do we know this is any different from that?
Um, hi, hello there! Never played a Banjo-Kazooie, Golden Sun, or Super Mario RPG; hate Shadow the Hedgehog, and see Ken as pointless, and only wants those characters for the sake of their fans! If they're not in, I'm not as hurt as others, so yeah, I'm not biased regarding this leak's roster. I think insiders are just a bunch of blowhards, for the most part!

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
What are peoples first plans when they get the game.

Outside worshiping the box, It is a replicate match of my first run with Smash 64. Granted it will have to be against the PC given my friend is not around, but it will be Link vs Kirby on Cornaria (given Sector Z is not present). To simulate that match. Might even find my old Tool CD for that one epic match on Sector Z with my 4 friends. Get some Parabol/a going on.

After that, I think it will be beating classic mode with the original 8/12. And then unlock a character. beat classic. rinse and repeat.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

No Offense, but until Omni shows us his amazing hypothetical banner, I'm not buying it.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Going back to #TeamReal for now. I just find the fact that A-C-P hasn't vehemently any sort of involvement with Nintendo or the leak like Marina did as a very reasonable indicator of them being under an NDA. And really, I find #TeamFake's basic premise of a faker trying to add credibility to their leak by deliberately framing a company who's clients aren't publicly available knowledge & who could have very easily discredited the leak in five seconds flat if they weren't under an NDA as being a clever idea instead of you know...mindboggling stupid beyond belief too ludicrous an notion to even bother entertaining any longer.

I'm not emotionally invested in any of the characters on the banner anyway so I don't need to worry about any sort of danger of getting my hopes up if it ends up being fake. I'd gladly take Incineroar over at least four of the characters on that banner so I win either way.
Outside of BK (even then, I wouldn't really care), I'm in the same line of thought for all of this. I just like to see what happens when the real deal pops up and shakes every major Smash fan site to the core.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom