• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
4F89E83B-E6B6-4F8A-BA38-F3102D2A7A4F.gif

I feel every time I come on here, there is something that showcases real or fake, with both sides using the exact same arguments every single time.

For now, I think the best course of action is patience.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Even after Mystic and Ryce(?) came out stating the Grinch leak is false, I still don't buy it. These picks in the Grinch leak had too much history behind them (including past considerations for previous Smash games) to not at least be considered for inclusion.

Either their sources step up and provide evidence from sources DIFFERENT from Verge's and supply Pictures/Video, I'm still going to believe that the Grinch leak is real because there hasn't been anything damning enough to convince me otherwise.

For those saying it's fake, remember Occam's Razor.
It's much easier to prove that this is real compared to this all being an elaborate ruse.
Mystic said the leak is real. Read carefully

Fane

Smash Journeyman
I still dont see how Isabelle was obvious?
Generally depends tbh

She was speculated even before Vergeben's comment about her, so it wouldn't be too surprising.

If he started 'hinting' at her post-Vergeben comment? Then yeah, I wouldn't take anything this guy says into consideration about Smash if that's the ONLY example he can provide.

People need to start thinking for themselves and NOT relying on insiders, leakers, and content creators for making decisions for them.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I'll be perfectly honest; I'm pretty anti-insider because if they have a public presence (say, twitter) and leak stuff multiple times over, why haven't the respective companies taken legal action by now considering they are spoiling content - you get one piece of legit information and suddenly you have a reputation of being correct? How have they not been caught? On a site like 4chan, at least anonymity exists. And note that people who we can basically guarantee have insider information (like Jon from GameXplain) don't go flaunting it around like they're special - they do their best to keep it under wraps.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
Sure.

Honestly i'm just gonna spend the next day taking requests up to a certain point. Once i've got everyone I need i'll actually draw the thing.

You asked early, so you get to be in.
Please let me be in. Granted I'm not too active in speculation circle forums, but I've been a lurker here since Smash 4. If you could at least squeeze me in there, that would be great.

It's up to you though at the end of the day lol.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
This is my current prediction. It's fake but got this right:

Isaac
Geno
Shadow
Ken
Mach Rider

I only lean towards Mach Rider being a part of team real because of the action figure that Sakurai purchased for it's gun matching 1:1 with Mach Rider's gun.

I'm remaining neutral on Incineroar's chances however. We'll cross that road when we get there.
Yeah, I honestly don't see Mach Rider NOT being in. Kinda like Isaac. They were both hinted at by Sakurai.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Do I trust someone on the internet with "sources" or a leaked official mural for the game????? Need help with this one guys.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
"These characters are in, but maybe not."

I know I've only been on these forums for a couple months. But none of this behavior is making sense.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Man these shambles and back and forths are quite honestly tiring I just wanna shoot some **** with Shadow or Mach Rider

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
WOW, RANDOM CREDIBLE INSIDER #20388 SAYS LEAK IS FAKE AND A HOAX AND HAS APPARENT EVIDENCE CAUSE MUH SOURCES.

Give me a ******* break.
BREAKING NEWS: Sakurai erases entire Ultimate roster, and instead has added Sans Undertale, Thanos and ️Peter Griffin!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Mystic never disconfirmed characters and he said so himself.

He doesn't know if the ones he didn't mention are in or not; he also just believes the banner itself is fake, but no one he talked to would completely confirm it nor disconfirm it.

Last edited:

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
Can someone clarify... did any insider have info on any of the supposed characters PRIOR to the banner being released?

It seems everyone was agreeing on Ken and Incineroar, then the banner came out, and now its changed to “oh ATCHUALLY THE BANNER ISNT REAL BUT SOME OF THE CHARACTERS ON THERE ARE”

C’mon..

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Do I trust someone on the internet with "sources" or a leaked official mural for the game????? Need help with this one guys.
We still don't even know it's official.

If, and this is a big IF, it ends up being fake, then you're just going to look silly calling it official.

I'm undecided as far as this goes, but calling this Official when we have 0 official statements on it is jumping the gun.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
I think one plausible explanation for why Chorus Kids might not be in the game is due to optimization issues. While they do have very simple designs, if they operate anything like Ice Climbers then it could turn into an absolute nightmare to get them to work properly. Especially in an 8-Player environment.

Iridium

Smash Hero
A big thing that will help determine whether this leak is legit or not will actually BE the Direct announcement.

If the final Smash Direct is like, 30 minutes~. I have a very hard time imagining them shoving in 5 newcomer trailers if each take roughly 2-2:30 minutes.

That would be over 1/3rd of the Direct's runtime.
So, do you think it would be extended by, say, about 10 to 15 minutes perhaps? It's plausible at the very least, assuming we get those characters.

With all of the content that has nothing to do with characters, it is important to think of how much time might be spent explaining that in addition to just the characters. We do have some other things (online, new mode, etc.) that need some explaining...

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
My dude he legit says the banner is fake. He has a tweet saying just that ''I hate to be that guy but the banner is fake."
"after scrutiny"

It's based on his observation.

He also never disconfirmed characters other than Minecraft Steve 'cause no Minecraft content.

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
A big thing that will help determine whether this leak is legit or not will actually BE the Direct announcement.

If the final Smash Direct is like, 30 minutes~. I have a very hard time imagining them shoving in 5 newcomer trailers if each take roughly 2-2:30 minutes.

That would be over 1/3rd of the Direct's runtime.
There could also be another nintendo direct or mini direct.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
Mystic never disconfirmed characters and he said so himself.

He doesn't know if the ones he didn't mention are in or not; he also just believes the banner itself is fake, but no one he talked to would completely confirm it nor disconfirm it.
So his word is about as good as anyone else's and we should stop putting his thoughts on a pedestal.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'll be perfectly honest; I'm pretty anti-insider because if they have a public presence (say, twitter) and leak stuff multiple times over, why haven't the respective companies taken legal action by now considering they are spoiling content - you get one piece of legit information and suddenly you have a reputation of being correct? How have they not been caught? On a site like 4chan, at least anonymity exists. And note that people who we can basically guarantee have insider information (like Jon from GameXplain) don't go flaunting it around like they're special - they do their best to keep it under wraps.
Basically, taking legal action is literally confirming the Leaks the random shmuk on Twitter is parotting.

But even if you do that, you don't know who in your company sold the information to the guy, and even if you take care of Guy 1, there a high chance that information will end up in the hands of guy 2 etc...

Tl;Dr it's an uphill battle that they can't win

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
This entire day has been confusing, I really wish we'd get more info about a direct soon.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
conspiracy theory: the mural is fake and the insiders have fake info

the only character left for us can only be...
The Grinch

a86b734f-aeaa-4310-8f73-5b2de4574930-37737f70-2a9c-4e5a-83dc-8e60232287f0-the-grinch.png

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Hol up, lemme scream,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

needed to let that stress and anxiety out

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Anytime any insider clarifies anything (since people constantly harass them, misconstrue what they're saying, etc) that they've commented on, I see 10 posts on here about how they're lying/backpedaling.

We should just let them say their piece, and based on their accuracy in the past, decide whether we disbelieve them, believe them, or take what they say with a grain of salt while considering.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I think one plausible explanation for why Chorus Kids might not be in the game is due to optimization issues. While they do have very simple designs, if they operate anything like Ice Climbers then it could turn into an absolute nightmare to get them to work properly. Especially in an 8-Player environment.
I have a hard time believing they'd be like Ice Climbers, especially considering the leak shows the conductor, who would possibly be the playable character. The other two could also pop out for certain attacks so there would just be one playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom