• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not seeing Chorus Kids get in, especially considering that they were 99.9% worked on for Sm4sh, feels odd. Especially considering that Ice Climbers were likely built off of the scrapped content of Sm4sh, and Chorus Kids could've been built in similar circumstances. It doesn't really feel like "Everyone is Here" without them, you know?
I could buy Mach Rider not being in. As much as it pains me to say, I could buy Banjo not being in. But the Chorus Kids? At this point? That's just sad...

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Forgot to mention papagenos vid from today-- good work as usual, but I'm questioning the idea of Banjo being decided at E3 2018. That seems like such and odd time to add a fighter in my mind, with 4 months left. And if Sakurai wanted to add Banjo based on ballot support, why did he wait so long to approach Xbox? Maybe Phil and Sakurai had a deal behind closed doors as early as the project plan, but met up at E3 2018 for an update talk about how progress is coming along?

Also, it seems Inceneroar is the main problem with every insider STILL. I'd like to see an update soon, and I also have to note how impressed I am that were reaching the end of day 5 and this leak still hasnt gone away. No matter how many times we poke and prod and take it apart, it wont go away- instead it brings up more findings for debate. What a great contrast to last week, even, when it was all box talk.

LetterO

Smash Lord
There's no way Chorus Kids aren't getting in. I cannot accept that Sakurai would leave an entire franchise in the dust after scrapping a character in Smash 4.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Mystic said his sources were saying the banner seemed "odd," and that he didn't know what that meant; he said nothing about characters being fake.

This doesn't disconfirm Banjo-Kazooie or any of the other characters unless we don't get each one.
He did says MOST of the newcomers are in.

MOST doesn't mean all...Meaning there is something fishy with one or two character

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
cuz he's saying what the community wants to hear. if he said anything else, he would be getting flamed and sent death threats.
Well no.
He is saying that the leak is in some parts not real.
Following his assumptions BANJO is not in. That is definetly not what the community wants to hear

D

Deleted member

I'm not supportive of GX or insiders groups being harassed (it really isn't okay), but here's the thing - this nuclear apocalypse of leakworld we're living in what tends to happen when you act like an egotist, and a large number of people denying the leak as insiders have not done so in cordial manner. They've been extremely condescending or had meltdowns over it. It's reasonable to be steadfast in your belief that a leak is fake because you have information, but -

-Calling people who disagree with your Trump supporters

-Implying people who are speculating about the leak are deranged conspiracy theorists

-Acting like criticism of you for not sharing proof is harassment (people were banned off of ResetERA for this, though bans are handed out on ResetERA for completely inconsequential things all the time)

-Generally acting smug, unpleasant, or needlessly demeaning

Some insiders are very guilty of this, GX's crew in particular. Regardless of the leak's outcome, I've lost my respect for these guys because they've helped fuel hostility with their dismissive and poor attitudes. It gives this impression that these people are sheltered and incapable of responding to criticism in a normal way.

When you accuse the entire community of being toxic because a subset of /v/ users are trolling you, you need to get a grip on reality and understand your vitriolic responses are going to make everything worse. It won't stop the trolls and it makes you look unstable to a lot of otherwise neutral parties who're wondering why you're calling people Trump supporters over the handling of secret gaming information. Like, really? wtf, trolls literally feed on this. Anytime GX is brought up on an important subject some dude on /v/ will forever link that image of Andre's inexplicable twitter meltdown. That's totally self-inflicted because he's an adult that should understand how the internet works.

People DO need to chill out but "insiders" should join that squad. The conspiracy theories about them being on Nintendo's payroll are literally a result of their abnormally dismissive behavior. They can't just be vitriolic and act like the problem will go away.

Omni's getting a ton of **** for reasons that I find largely unjustified since he's actually held his arguments on the back of his credibility as a graphic designer. That seems fair. Any annoyance over that is reaching, but you are inviting questions and skepticism from completely reasonable parties if you start saying "I know things" and won't explain why. Happens to any leaker, your name and status an an internet celebrity or gaming journalist will not shield you if you act the same as some anonymous person on an image board.

Also, praise be vaanrose for not only handling this well but consistently putting out good criticisms of images that people jump the gun on.
Just came here to give this a like.

Actually since Mystic is bacically saying the Grinch leak has some merit and saying most characters from the leak are in isn't he indirectly confirming Banjo? Because there's no way in hell Microsoft would let Banjo just be leak bait. That makes no sense.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
If this turns out to be true or not, I'd just want to say. Thanks for making a massive explosion of speculation occur. I thought it would be a quiet window. But hey. You are a mean one mr. grinch.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Look I just hope we get Lloyd in as DLC so that one obsessive Lloyd fan can finally stop making fake leaks about Lloyd.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
*checks in on topic*
*people are actually seriously debating if Nintendo leaked the image with some real characters and some fake characters just because?*

Y'all is too crazy for this secret agent.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Actually since Mystic is bacically saying the Grinch leak has some merit and saying most characters from the leak are in isn't he indirectly confirming Banjo? Because there's no way in hell Microsoft would let Banjo just be leak bait. That makes no sense.
Or, maybe, the person who faked it put Banjo on because he's a popular and somewhat likely pick and it has no bearing with Banjo actually being in the game or not.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Not seeing Chorus Kids get in, especially considering that they were 99.9% worked on for Sm4sh, feels odd. Especially considering that Ice Climbers were likely built off of the scrapped content of Sm4sh, and Chorus Kids could've been built in similar circumstances. It doesn't really feel like "Everyone is Here" without them, you know?
Depends on why they were cut.

Technical limitations? Then yeah they make a ton of sense to add.

Sakurai couldn't come up with a moveset he was satisfied with? Then it gets more murky.

Other characters took priority over them? Then yeah it makes sense to add them in.

Really we have no way of knowing for sure.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Sakurai also said that Bayo was the chosen ballot winner and was made the final DLC character because of it but she was already planned before the ballot was a thing.
Her slot was added a couple weeks after the ballot started, which is when the bulk of the votes had been cast. She wasn't planned beforehand, but she was added somewhat predictively, before the ballot had fully ended.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Takamaru says hi.
Takamaru was never seriously considered for Smash Bros. though. Definitely not to the point of actually getting development time put into him. Comparing him to the Chorus Kids is comparing apples to oranges.
Will you play Smash Ulitmate with me when it comes out?
I'd be happy to. Same goes for anyone else who wants to play. We can have an online tournament or something with the people on the boards here.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
That's the one thing about this game that would completely befuddle me.
And this isn't even coming from me being an RH fan.
Like they were obviously worked on for Smash 4, and for them to miss the ride again, especially when Ultimate is largely worked off of Smash 4 would be a damn disappointment.

All in all, here's hoping they finally make their debut in this game.
After all, they're just trying their best.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Why would Nintendo use a third party character as leak bait? That actually makes no sense.
I think Xander Mobus said that one of the random names that they had him record for Smash 4 was Rayman, and they do that to try to curb leaks. Of course using a 3rd party character as leak bait on a fake mural is a bit weird.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
He did says MOST of the newcomers are in.

MOST doesn't mean all...Meaning there is something fishy with one or two character
"Odd" could mean the characters or the background or something.

I know he said most, but from the other stuff he said, it seems like they didn't disconfirm any specific characters, and just commented on what they knew for sure.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
This place is moving at the speed of sound.

Anyways, what Mystic said on Twitter.
That's all extremely interesting. I still think it's strange there is no Minecraft content in the game by his and (I think?) papagenos papagenos wording. Vergeben had felt very confident on it (I was looking forward to it as well). It could've been leak bait tbh though as a way to hide Banjo away from expectations.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
The way Mystic's sources have described the banner as "off" feels really uncanny for some reason. Like it's actually a cursed banner from a different dimension that'll dismantle our own as time goes on.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I mean, this was probably made inhouse, and wasn't meant to be shown publicly...

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
If anything, I think the inconsistency with the banner is placement, poses, or missing characters if Mystic is right.
That means a lot of newcomers:
Inkling
Daisy
Ridley
Simon
Richter
Chrom
Dark Samus
K. Rool
Isabelle
Isaac
Banjo Kazooie
Chorus Kids
Mach Rider
Geno
Ken
Shadow
Incineroar
Lloyd
That’d insane. Best group of newcomers by far.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Saying Banjo is "leak bait" just makes no damn sense at all. Nintendo can't just choose to use a character they don't own as "leak bait"

I mean, this was probably made in house, and wasn't meant to be shown publicly...
That doesn't make sense either. This was printed on a mural. Not just some internal documents that was meant for in house only viewing.

Last edited:

Master of Fire

Smash Cadet
Hmmm....... I'm not quite sure what to think of this leak.

On one hand, it being true would require a level of dishonesty from Sakurai and Nintendo that I previously thought was nearly impossible.

On the other hand, team real has made a very compelling case for its authenticity.

At this point, I believe the preponderance of evidence is in team real's favor.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
There's no way Chorus Kids aren't getting in. I cannot accept that Sakurai would leave an entire franchise in the dust after scrapping a character in Smash 4.
He already left an entire franchise in the dust after adding only one fighter and nothing more

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Nintendo using bait characters in an image doesn't make sense regardless, but is there any sane reason Nintendo would use a competitor/third party character... as leak bait? That makes zero sense.

If we are to believe Mystic, my guess is the banner's fake but got a lot of correct guesses right. Only thing that makes sense there. Of course, they originally backpedaled on their initial post claiming it was true (credible leakers tend to check and double check first), which reduces their credibility. Of course, I'm biased, so I'm willing to go with the benefit of the doubt and speculate as if their information is correct.
Honestly I think using a third party character as leak bait would probably be illegal since they would be using a character they don't have the rights to in first place on material that is supposed to look like official material. Unless the other company OK'd that, which I don't think they would be ok with, I don't see it happening.

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
Can't access Twitter/See tweets at the moment, who does Mystic say he is confident is in? Also can we trust him?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
"Most" being the characters he listed would technically be correct. 4/7 is a decent amount. Though him not disconfirming the rest does leave it open, I guess.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Who would have guessed that maybe, just maybe, some of the insiders a ton of people doubted might have known some of the characters in the banner leak are in, but some may not be, or may be missing?

Think about this folks. I don't think anybody cares nearly as much that they're right about this being correct as they are about the ****ing characters being in the game.

If Spooky is anyone to go off of, which I hope he is, then everybody should take yet another deep breath (like I said to earlier) and stop taking this banner so seriously. This still has potential to be the greatest roster in gaming history, and that's BEFORE DLC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom