• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
If Mystic is right I actually get pretty much all of my most wanteds confirmed right off the bat. Oh man now that'd be a happy day

Potato_

Smash Lord
Also, isn't there a rumor that there's gonna be 2 directs in November? Did Spawn Wave say that the Smash Direct would be on the 8th or a general one? Because if it's a regular direct they can easily pull a Cloud by announcing two of the newcomers along with the date for the Smash direct.
Pretty sure Spawn Wave said the 8th would be the Smash one.

Untouch

Smash Master
Also, isn't there a rumor that there's gonna be 2 directs in November? Did Spawn Wave say that the Smash Direct would be on the 8th or a general one? Because if it's a regular direct they can easily pull a Cloud by announcing two of the newcomers along with the date for the Smash direct.
8th comes from LeakyPandy and another anonymous leaker.
I believe the anonymous leaker is also the source of 2 directs and SpawnWave got the info from that.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Okay, I have come to the conclusion that this banner is real, but at least one of the characters is leak bait...
Specifically Banjo, A couple reasons:
It feels strange to have 3 Third Party Newcomers in one direct, assuming Mystic is right about Lloyd...
Nintendo didn't get all goody goody with Microsoft until recently...
Mach Rider seems to fit in with the mech gun thing
Isaac is basically confirmed, thanks to the growth item...
And Chorus Kids were planned for Smash 4...
Of you ask me, it just makes sense...
Why would Nintendo legitimately draw Banjo as a banner character only for him to be leak bait?

Seriously guys, the better logic is to assume that Incineroar is simply missing from this banner, rather than assume Incineroar is supposed to REPLACE someone lol.

Shroob

Sup?
The deeper we dig, the more twisted the roots get.

Whenever a Direct gets announced....

God help us all.

Last edited:

potato69

Smash Apprentice
If the Chorus Kids end up being nothing but leak bait, I'm gonna snap and probably end up either stealing christmas or hurling myself into an abyss, killing me instantly.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
MysticDistance is talking again and holy crap

There was a problem fetching the tweet

and LeakReview also talking

Will be very happy if this is all true

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
Y'know, GameXPlain may not be covering this leak because...maybe they just don't want to?

Which they have every right to not cover it. I do not believe there is some grand conspiracy going on with GameXPlain. If they know stuff, they ain't gonna say squat because they don't want to. They have no obligation to tell us anything.
Yeah, that's BS. This is potentially the biggest, craziest Smash leak in history, with hundreds of details and coincidences for them to analyze, and you're telling me they don't want to? They've spent way more energy before on things that are less interesting and with less evidence. Why, out of all the Smash leaks and theories we've had, would they sit THIS ONE out?
I can maybe buy that they're not covering it because they don't want to be harassed, but saying "they didn't want to talk about it" is just something I can't accept.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Okay, I have come to the conclusion that this banner is real, but at least one of the characters is leak bait...
It feels strange to have 3 Third Party Newcomers in one direct, assuming Mystic is right about Lloyd...
Having Banjo as leak bait, including him into the banner (with detail of interaction), only for it to be a bait is such a crap on Banjo fans. I don’t think Namco would go the lengths of faking mural artwork. I dunno

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
MysticDistance is talking again and holy crap

and LeakReview also talking

I really hope this means Mach Rider is still in. I would love to see the creative move set Sakurai can come up with the character.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You're in the Season two poster
Can I be in as a Kirby wearing a Jambastion robe?

What if all the characters in the leak ended up being revealed but their placement in the banner and poses were different than what we got? How would you react?
Not even mad, as always.

You know, if mystic is right, I think the banner is only missing characters, probably only Inceneroar
This would definitely match with my assumption of the banner being a beta, but boy this is getting a bit much.

If my boi ends up being the final veteran on the blog, he best have the greatest blog entry conceived by man :yoshi:

God, this thread goes way too fast. My computer's have speed issues as is...
Just be praying that the interns won't be stupid for once.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
It'd be hilarious if the contradictory in the Mural is some minor **** in the background people have been posting about + Incineroar

I like that Mystic is being really transparent with us. I understand why Insiders don't wanna jeopardize their sources but it's a nice change of pace.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Why would Nintendo legitimately draw Banjo as a banner character only for him to be leak bait?

Seriously guys, the better logic is to assume that Incineroar is simply missing from this banner, rather than assume Incineroar is supposed to REPLACE someone lol.
Not just the lack of Incineroar, the lack of Lloyd

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Whether mystic or Grinch is correct, I just hope they're both right about Shadow

Noipoi

Howdy!
Incineroar, Geno, Ken, Shadow, and Isaac? Sounds good to me!

I'd be sad about Chorus Kids and Banjo though, i'm excited for them too.

I couldn't care less about Mach Rider though. Whoever they are.

Chrono.

If the banner was mostly real but the Chorus Kids and Mach Rider, the only two I have a vested interest in, were fake, man that'd be a kick in the teeth.
Mach Rider for me too.

I was really curious to see how it could work.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

That being said, it seems likely there are 2 leak baiyt character, due to the lack of Incineroar.
In that case, I'd say the second leak bait character is Chorus Kids :crying:
It seems like you’re buying in now because you want Chorus Kids lol

But I do think the Chorus Kids are in.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Pretty sure Spawn Wave said the 8th would be the Smash one.
I'm gonna take a stab at this:

Nov. 8th Smash direct: the Grinch/Banner leak. Literally all of it.

Nintendo direct : 1 or 2 more surprise final characters: Aka Incineroar and MAYBE somone else.

Not just the lack of Incineroar, the lack of Lloyd
I thought he said Lloyd was DLC?

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Guys imagine how fun it's going to be to re-read these threads in like 6 years when Smash 6 speculation comes out. I was rewatching this today:
I'll be damned if it isn't funny to hear them talking about it and trying to debunk it when we clearly know it was real. Imagine watching the Grinch leak videos and laughing at your old posts

Polan

Smash Lord
You know what is great?
Some people said the community was dismissive against insiders that deny the leak
But here comes Spooky Mystic and he is FINALLY explaining why he thinks so and you know what?
He does not get harrassed! Seems like being nice actually helps you to get treated nice, who would have thought!
cuz he's saying what the community wants to hear. if he said anything else, he would be getting flamed and sent death threats.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Not seeing Chorus Kids get in, especially considering that they were 99.9% worked on for Sm4sh, feels odd. Especially considering that Ice Climbers were likely built off of the scrapped content of Sm4sh, and Chorus Kids could've been built in similar circumstances. It doesn't really feel like "Everyone is Here" without them, you know?

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
If any character on the mural is leak bait, which I personally doubt, it wouldn't be Banjo. I would think using a 3rd party character in a mural, even as bait, would require permission. It would be easier and less controversial for him to just be in

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Can you explain then how it would be disrespectful to think that they might have removed something offensive at the time from the Direct? Because honestly man, your point falls pretty god damn flat and feels like a useless attack against a community. And spoilers, I didn't even want Isaac in, so I'm not taking their side, just trying to reason why you would write something so brash for no reason.
For a chunk of the people I have seen pushing it, it is disrespectful not because it could make sense to do(if Isaac were to even have an earthquake related attack in a trailer that apparently would take up no time at all, there's so many assumptions just going into this) but because a good bunch I have seen aren't theorizing based on the event but using the event as a justification to crusade for the character more.

Of course this is not all of their fans like not all Undertale, FNAF, or other fanbases aren't entirely made up of the kinds people complain about but it's a part of the fanbase I've been exposed to long enough on smashfaqs that it has soured me on fans of the character. Not the character itself but the fans.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Mystic said his sources were saying the banner seemed "odd," and that he didn't know what that meant; he said nothing about characters being fake.

This doesn't disconfirm Banjo-Kazooie or any of the other characters unless we don't get each one.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
You know what is great?
Some people said the community was dismissive against insiders that deny the leak
But here comes Spooky Mystic and he is FINALLY explaining why he thinks so and you know what?
He does not get harrassed! Seems like being nice actually helps you to get treated nice, who would have thought!
Amen. Lloyd would certainly be interesting to throw into the mix; but again, this is just word of mouth so I'm not gonna throw all my chips on it happening.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It seems like you’re buying in now because you want Chorus Kids lol

But I do think the Chorus Kids are in.
I mean, the Chorus Kids could very well have had technical difficulties once again as instead of Ice Climber's 2, there would be 3 characters at once...

Shroob

Sup?
Gonna say something that's completely without any merit but...

The landing page/about page says "72 characters!" right?

I just find it hella odd that if we add these 7, they would have cut it off at 79 and not thrown in an extra Echo to make it 80.

That, and the "Characters" page will have 1 blank spot next to the final revealed character.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Man as long as Shadow makes it in I'll be fine. I don't get why Mach Rider would miss out seeing as he was considered previously and matches up with the mech figure Sakurai bought, but I just need Shadow for this roster to completely satisfy me (hence why he's #1 on my wishlist).

I appreciate Mystic having the balls to come out with his information instead of being a smug prick like many other insiders have been acting the past few days.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

That being said, it seems likely there are 2 leak bait characters, due to the lack of Incineroar.
In that case, I'd say the second leak bait character is Chorus Kids :crying:
Nintendo using bait characters in an image doesn't make sense regardless, but is there any sane reason Nintendo would use a competitor/third party character... as leak bait? That makes zero sense.

If we are to believe Mystic, my guess is the banner's fake but got a lot of correct guesses right. Only thing that makes sense there. Of course, they originally backpedaled on their initial post claiming it was true (credible leakers tend to check and double check first), which reduces their credibility. Of course, I'm biased, so I'm willing to go with the benefit of the doubt and speculate as if their information is correct.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Wow surprised my account still even works after all these years lmfaooo.

Been following all this on smashfaqs but rarely post. Decided to come here and see what smashboards think and after reading everything im part of #TeamReal. This is with me not getting any of my most wanted characters(Dixie/Krystal/Shantae/Sora)

However my reasons for it being real are a bit different then most and it mostly comes down to how these "insiders" are acting.

Gamexplain in particular. They made 30 min videos on both the box art theory and "Kencineiroar" theory. Yet NOTHING on the biggest "leak" in smash history?? That's just not adding up.

Further more the findings that videos addressing this leak are being demontionized as well as the video being taking down of the actual business.

It's more the "Real life stuff" that is going on surrounding this leak then the leak itself that is making me believe it.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Literally the ONLY contradiction these people are talking about is the lack of a certain Pokemon. It does NOT mean any of the characters on there are fake.

This honestly is leading me to believe Incineroar has an announcement that does not correlate to this banner, or this banner is older than we think.

I honestly have no idea, and I'm like 99% team real on this banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom