• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

>People enchancing a JPEG now

I think I'll just go to sleep.
If you scale the mural down to 200 pixels in width, then enlarge it back to its original size, you'll see a smear that looks like Geno. Grinch confirmed.

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
Got some info for you guys

First bit of DLC will include Thing 1 and Thing 2 as an echo fighter for Ice Climbers
Also, incineroar has been scrapped in favor of Mike Myers, featuring alt costumes for the Cat in the Hat and Michael Myers

Iridium

Smash Hero
Believe it or not, I think the guy is around 27-30 years old, but has the mentality of a 12-13 year old, which is pretty sad imo.
I watched exactly 23 seconds, and the guy already sounds like an even more hyperactive Jacksepticeye (Jack's alright, though), but the like to dislike ratio is what baffles me the most.

Untouch

Smash Master
If the shadow around where Isaac is supposed to be was messed up, there would be a point here, the shadows are the only things redrawn when the mural updates.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Is he a Ness echo?
I have conflciting from Cat In The Hat. Cat In The Hat claims he’s a semi-clone but The Lorax is insisting Ness has been cut until, and I quote “Reggie knows what’s the **** is going on with Mother 3” despite Lucas being the protagonist of M3.

link3710

Smash Cadet
You know that images lose quality when you scale them up, right? You should NEVER compare things like this by scaling them. Always keep things to their original resolution.

And again, there'd be no cuts like that ANYWHERE because THAT'S NOT HOW THE MURAL WORKS. Every character is their OWN LAYER. If Isaac was scheduled and had to be swapped for Isabelle, it would have NO EFFECT on Olimar or Bowser. It would just be a matter of turning Isaac's layer off, Isabelle's layer on and moving the other characters. There'd be no "crop" at all.
Okay, sorry for scaling it up, certain people were claiming that they couldn't see the cut. You can go check it out for yourself though, it's there.

And clearly, you don't get how the mural works. It's cut into separate images. That seam is the seam between images. What happened was this:

8-8 direct Olimar Image - Cloud Image
Lined up perfectly
September direct Old Olimar Image from 8-8 - Isabelle Image
There was a crop
Few days later New Olimar Image to fix the crop - Isabelle Image
Fixes most of the crop issues, except for the fact that Olimar only shows on the left side of the cut, not the right. This proves he wasn't intended to be there when the Isabelle image was created. Clearly, the segments were saved at different times.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The website isn’t even real wtf are you guys doing

What the **** is a smash brother
And here we see an alternate ToasterBrains from a parallel reality.

I wonder what [x]boards he's from?
So wait is Issac theory resurrected now lol...

In the words of William Shakespeare: "I'm losing it guys. Please give me a Nintendo Direct soon. Please, I'm begging you!"

I think that's how the quote went.
A Direct, A Direct, my Kingdom for a Direct!
---
My back and forth with @Tougon makes me very tempted to post a... certain video... to sum up people's reactions to this leak.

Look up "Harry S. Plinkett watches the Olsen Twins".

Not for the faint of heart.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Just got off the phone with The Lorax. He told me The Grinch is a liar, but Sassy Geno is in with a Luigi The President Echo. He also said Sans, Luffy, Donte, Busby, Jet Jaguar, Bonzi Buddy, Shadow with a Gun, and Banjo (Nuts & Bolt Design) are in. Other M Ridley is also in as an Echoe.
TELL THE LORAX IM COMING FOR HIS ASS THIS WAS THE BEST KEPT SECRET WE HAD

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If you scale the mural down to 200 pixels in width, then enlarge it back to its original size, you'll see a smear that looks like Geno. Grinch confirmed.

Kill me dude. The Website glitch had some merit but could be logically be explained, but now we reach strawgrasping territories that goes SHULK IS LITTLE MAC tiers when you enchance a JPEGS and see cuts and artifacts like that.

The banner leak can be 100% real, like it can be 100% fake, and I'm still 50/50 hoping it's true, and I'm trying to debunk something with my last fav first party now that Ray is dead with the Isaac glitch.

And I now see people zooming inside of Pac-man's mouth.

Time to sleep and forget this unless something big happens lmao

Smartiicals

Smash Cadet
I know this sounds stupid, but is there any possibility if the leaks are real, that Sakurai would change something? Anything? Maybe the placement on the mural to avoid real defeat or removing or adding content to the game? Or am I just worrying too much? Help? Direct?

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Could someone please kindly furnish us latecomers with a tl;dr about what the hell the cuts are about???

Thanks!

Pakky

Smash Hero
Will the Grinch ever lift his gut of oppression off of the weak back of the anxious common man?

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I mean...Isaac has ties to the Sun and Geno has ties to the Stars...and there was that one guy who claimed 2 characters shared a trailer...I’m going to ****ing lose my mind
Also both are RPG characters that aren't exactly relevant anymore but are popular Smash picks.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if you guys knew this or not but Etika's okay. He just posted on Reddit a while ago.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
He also said Sans, Luffy, Donte, Busby, Jet Jaguar, Bonzi Buddy, Shadow with a Gun, and Banjo (Nuts & Bolt Design) are in. Other M Ridley is also in as an Echoe.
***** you tryin' to say that Luffy wouldn't be an awesome character?

Now, I know you din't just say that. Cuz them's fightin' words.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It is interesting to me how Nintendo NEVER acknowledges image or text leaks. It's baffling. They'll shut down Video leaks, obviously, right away but looking around at other companies if a leak happens from a website or from other sides of the internet they'll push an announcement forward so that they can get that news out themselves as soon as possible. Not Nintendo. It's always been pretty admirable of them to stay so dedicated to their particular schedule.

Anyways, I've been running a fever since yesterday and still am so if someone wouldn't care to give me a run down of what the consensus on the leak is, and any other news that's come up that'd be awesome.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Everyone else discussing the Grinch leak = me hoping a Smash direct is scheduled for October 31st.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
So how hyped would everyone be at this scenario as farfetched as it seems:

The Grinch Leak is True
Vergeben is also correct Incineroar is in (at base or as DLC)
Sora is in

BUT WAIT THERES MORE

Dante is in as base or dlc
Gardevoir and Gothitelle are both in
Skull Kid is in even though Loz is completely full of it (I imagine the hype around skull kid would make dlc plans likely to be drawn up)

and finally:

They announce a set of seasons for DLC plans (probably just two for now) As well as Redo the Smash Ballot as a form of a suggestion box.

This aint gonna happen for sure but hey why not speculate if it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom