• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
I just had a thought: if the leak was real, would anyone be upset about it for when the characters each get revealed in their trailers, you probably won't be that surprised because you knew of them for a while? Would you have wished that they weren't leaked beforehand so that you would be surprised even more?

It's one of the downsides of having leaks, they make things rather less exciting if they turn out real.
I think I'll end up getting super hyped about the music, presentation, moveset, gameplay, and confirmation before anything else. We knew about Simon, and the hype was just the same: amazing.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
My prediction for how the characters will be revealed (if leak is real):

After a shadow drop reveal trailer for Isaac at the Nintendo Live event, a Direct will be announced for the following week.

The Direct opens with the CGI trailer for Banjo and Kazooie, which proceeds the "Super Smash Bros. X Microsoft" screen. A Minecraft stage and assist trophy will be announced.

Mid-Direct, the final echo-fighters will be revealed. Ken and Shadow.

Stages are revealed to have a total of 108, and a new Rhythm Heaven and Mach Rider stage is shown. Chorus Kids and Mach Rider are announced, but no big trailer, just a splash screen and some gameplay. One stage is obviously obscured from audiences view, as we only see 107 stages.

The Direct ends with a reveal trailer for Geno.

EDIT: Sora is announced at The Game Awards for DLC
Nice future vision should the possibility of the leak be real...

If image does not show:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/powerlisting/images/7/7b/Garnet_Future_Vision.gif

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
This guy didn't realize that there's not just three versions of the banner. There's six. Each banner has two versions. The non-looping version, and the looping version. In the looping version, the cast is less densely packed and reveals more of the background, including the waterfall he claims has always been hidden. You can see this on the website right now, actually.
I'd say 7, since there is the pre-Daisy/Ridley banner in the direct.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Inspector Gadget would actually work as a Snake Echo Fighter y'know.

As a matter of fact, the community needs to demand it happens.

31: Snake
31ε : Inspector Gadget
Speaking of Inspector Gadget, I always thought that parts of "Happiness Abounds" from Fire Emblem 7 sound like the Inspector Gadget theme.
My Sister and I used to make jokes about it.
It would be a certain subset of fan as well. There's a sizable divide on whether Isaac should just use the "base class" psynergy or include those that are equippable or from other classes, and Growth is one of those from another class.

Growth is also a bit weird because it's basically optional. You use it constantly for making ladders to places with Djinn or other goodies, but very rarely if it all does the game actually force you to use it...in the first game. The third makes it available at the start and is used a TON for getting around some areas. But Isaac isn't really a major character in the third one, so it really throws me for a loop.

Basically, having it be a major part of the mural is surprising and unexpected. Like sure, it makes sense, but even for a fan it's nothing i would have guessed. Heck, I wouldn't have guessed Isaac would be front and center either.
It's a very odd thing to have Isaac doing.

As vaanrose vaanrose said, someone who thought Isaac was just a "Generic Anime Swordsman" would have him just swinging a sword, a fan would have him either using an obscure spell or one that is specifically "Earthy". Some would have him using Move or something.

But he's kneeling on a patch of grass petting a Venus Djinn, it's a very unique pose that highlights aspects of Golden Sun that pertain to Isaac (Isaac the character, the Earth magic elements and the Djinn).

Last edited:

Chrono.

My prediction for how the characters will be revealed (if leak is real):

After a shadow drop reveal trailer for Isaac at the Nintendo Live event, a Direct will be announced for the following week.

The Direct opens with the CGI trailer for Banjo and Kazooie, which proceeds the "Super Smash Bros. X Microsoft" screen. A Minecraft stage and assist trophy will be announced.

Mid-Direct, the final echo-fighters will be revealed. Ken and Shadow.

Stages are revealed to have a total of 108, and a new Rhythm Heaven and Mach Rider stage is shown. Chorus Kids and Mach Rider are announced, but no big trailer, just a splash screen and some gameplay. One stage is obviously obscured from audiences view, as we only see 107 stages.

The Direct ends with a reveal trailer for Geno.

EDIT: Sora is announced at The Game Awards for DLC
Idk if I buy Chorus Kids and Mach Rider not getting their own trailers.

Especially if they're unique.

justPUNT3R

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Inspector Gadget, I always thought that parts of "Happiness Abounds" from Fire Emblem 7 sound like the Inspector Gadget theme.

As vaanrose vaanrose said, someone who thought Isaac was just a "Generic Anime Swordsman" would have him just swinging a sword, a fan would have him either using an obscure spell or one that is specifically "Earthy". Some would have him using move or something.

But he's kneeling on a patch of grass petting a Venus Djinn, it's a very unique pose that highlights aspects of Golden Sun (Isaac the character, the Earth magic elements and the Djinn).
I heard lost woods from SMRPG

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey what's up everyone!

Do i even have to ask if we've gotten anywhere w/ the leak?

Don't forget Super Mario Party actually being what the fans wanted, and a return to form in itself (even if it has flaws).
Agreed. This is definitely one of the best Mario Party games in a very long time.
As long a you avoid the online mode, that mode was ****.

If the leak is true and "Chorus Kids" heavily incorporates the conductor into their moveset, what do you think they will be named?

Here's a Straw Poll, just curious.
Interesting question. I'm not very well versed in Rhythm Heaven, but I assume they'd still be referred to as the Chorus Kids in-game. If not, then probably Glee Club (although that seems kind of weird to call them that in-game) or Rhythm Heaven, since I doubt any other RH reps are going to get in the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey y'all, Scott here! anything I missed? Thankfully the situation with Etika isn't a stunt and actually is some serious ****, I've heard. I was under the suspicion that it was a bit from some friends, but I'm glad this wasn't the case.

I'm still saying we're getting Sora @ The Game Awards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I just had a thought: if the leak was real, would anyone be upset about it for when the characters each get revealed in their trailers, you probably won't be that surprised because you knew of them for a while? Would you have wished that they weren't leaked beforehand so that you would be surprised even more?

It's one of the downsides of having leaks, they make things rather less exciting if they turn out real.
I mean, leaks take away a bit of the "surprise" of the reveals, but really only the "who" (Grinch joke not intended) aspect of it. A lot of the supposedly leaked characters will still be extremely exciting to finally see in action, at least to me. And if the leak ends up being true, we still can look forward to the official renders, movesets, music, and possible stages since all we have is the banner art.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I messed with the brightness / contrast here:

Grinch Leak weird banner.png

It appears that K. Rool's belly may still be there, but the top of the banner is cut off, as it curves up and down while there's a white space (the paper).

Also, thoughts from the Isaac thread; he seems to make good points regarding the circular fixture-thing where the characters are clear(ish); it may be for a sky-tube display, which is why the background is different:
https://smashboards.com/threads/get...-smash-ultimate.446390/page-670#post-22603486

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
My stance is basically this:

If the leak is true, this is my favorite game of all time.

If it’s fake, it’s at least in my top ten.

I don’t stand to lose much by cautiously believe it. But I don’t want to nitpick too much. I just want to see Nintendo play their hand by now.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Hey y'all, Scott here! anything I missed? Thankfully the situation with Etika isn't a stunt and actually is some serious ****, I've heard. I was under the suspicion that it was a bit from some friends, but I'm glad this wasn't the case.

I'm still saying we're getting Sora @ The Game Awards.
Nope. Not much.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

As vaanrose vaanrose said, someone who thought Isaac was just a "Generic Anime Swordsman" would have him just swinging a sword, a fan would have him either using an obscure spell or one that is specifically "Earthy". Some would have him using Move or something.

But he's kneeling on a patch of grass petting a Venus Djinn, it's a very unique pose that highlights aspects of Golden Sun that pertain to Isaac (Isaac the character, the Earth magic elements and the Djinn).
Thanks, now I can't stop hearing "doo do doo do doo INSPECTOR GADGET!"

Game2018

Banned via Warnings
It doesn't matter when the content when unused and the team behind it we're not the same team behind the original game. And every other character was depicted as such because they HAVE a Canon gender that is obvious
Unused or not or if the original had an intended gender, portraying her as female is telling something, or in the very least show that they acknowledge the VS. arcade.

Nickolas

Smash Rookie
NNID
pammygayle
Switch FC
SW-2147-8350-8331
I remember when the ESRB leak happened many people were disappointed at the lack of characters in the final roster for Smash 4. This whole Grinch thing is causing the opposite: Everyone's expectations are blown away. I hope to arceus the leak is real despite my two boys not getting in, this game will be legendary regardless

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I'll be sincere. I'd believe this leak.

I'd really really really believe this leak, if the freaking artwork wasn't so ****ing out of focus and almost unrecognizable. That kills it for me completely. The background inconsistencies just add more to it.

That's why when people compare this to the ESRB leak it gets me kinda irritated. ESRB leak (first batch) was clear as ****. This one's a mess. If it were not for all this detail, I'd be down for 100% fake without a doubt. But even I gotta admit that there's a lot going on here. I don't discard the leaker being very knowledgeable (or enlisting help from others) about these series though.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Looming Intense Jigglypuff will never stop being funny...
By the time Wario turned around, the glaring, impending doom known as Jigglypuff was coming to consume him. :p

It really does sound like Inspector Gadget. :surprised:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Basically if the leaks fake, I'm already extremely happy with the roster 'specially K Rool and the Belmonts.
If its real its icing on the cake making the game an 11 out of 5 stars

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'll be sincere. I'd believe this leak.

I'd really really really believe this leak, if the freaking artwork wasn't so ****ing out of focus and almost unrecognizable. That kills it for me completely. The background inconsistencies just add more to it.

That's why when people compare this to the ESRB leak it gets me kinda irritated. ESRB leak (first batch) was clear as ****. This one's a mess. If it were not for all this detail, I'd be down for 100% fake without a doubt. But even I gotta admit that there's a lot going on here. I don't discard the leaker being very knowledgeable (or enlisting help from others) about these series though.
You know it's from a video, right?

Not saying that to be condescending. I just see a lot of people who aren't aware of the origin.

I'm sure you are; just wanna check.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean, leaks take away a bit of the "surprise" of the reveals, but really only the "who" (Grinch joke not intended) aspect of it. A lot of the supposedly leaked characters will still be extremely exciting to finally see in action, at least to me. And if the leak's ends up being true, we still can look forward to the official renders, movesets, music, and possible stages since all we have is the banner art.
It spoils the "who" but not the "how".

Like I said before, seeing a blurry little Isaac on a far away banner in a Snapchat video is not going to be anything compared to the trailer or the game itself.
Thanks, now I can't stop hearing "doo do doo do doo INSPECTOR GADGET!"
It really does sound like Inspector Gadget. :surprised:
Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

My work here is done. *twirls mustache*

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So if I had to guess based on further evidence and investigation this leak is proving to lean more towards being real right?

vigneault.charles

Smash Rookie
This add more weight to the fake theory. it's another part where everything that have been seen (The 2 lights reflections) are there but the 3rd one on the second rock behind dedede is missing because he didn't had all the information for that part behind Dedede...

Edit: The image:

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
You know it's from a video, right?

Not saying that to be condescending. I just see a lot of people who aren't aware of the origin.

I'm sure you are; just wanna check.
I am and yes, I know the whole "This guy probably doesn't even know what smash is" piece and all that. Accidental leak and whatnot. Doesn't change that pretty much everything there is very convenient. Guy was snapchatting, how come the other party didn't ask for a clearer, closer up picture?

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
If this leak is real, then good lord does the title of this game say it all.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I am and yes, I know the whole "This guy probably doesn't even know what smash is" piece and all that. Accidental leak and whatnot. Doesn't change that pretty much everything there is very convenient. Guy was snapchatting, how come the other party didn't ask for a clearer, more close up picture?
I wasn't going to go onto that detail.
My point was that it's a video; that's why it's out of focus. Let alone a Snapchat video.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know what's funny? The best argument against the "Grinch Leak" so far is Thinkaman Thinkaman 's argument. In that it's just too good to be true.

Like, damn I am so ready to have this confirmed or destroyed. If it really is too good to be true I wanna know. If it is indeed real... I'mma lose my **** immediately.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I fully expect the roster to be leaked within the next two weeks anyway, its around that time before release when stuff comes out.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You know what's funny? The best argument against the "Grinch Leak" so far is Thinkaman Thinkaman 's argument. In that it's just too good to be true.

Like, damn I am so ready to have this confirmed or destroyed. If it really is too good to be true I wanna know. If it is indeed real... I'mma lose my **** immediately.
I will say it time and time again

If the E3 mural was leaked pre-E3 we'd be saying the same exact thing

Sakurai's always gonna undersell himself

Yeah, it's...DAMN good. It does feel too good to be true to me. But I feel there's better, more objective arguments.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
If this leak turns out to be fake, I am concerned about how people will react after having had their hopes and dreams brought up to such heights. Especially if its not debunked by us but by official reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom