• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I was looking at the comments on that video, and someone raised an interesting point.

"The one big thing that makes this leak debatable is one detail that is forgotten. Why hasn't Nintendo done everything to rid of all the evidence? When the esrb leak happened, they acted fast, caught the guy and punished him and did their best so no one could have the image."

I'm not aware if they've done that for this leak, have they? There doesn't seem to be a massive takedown on Youtube videos like that one or anything.
There wasn't of the Ken leak from a few weeks ago either, and we're 99% confident that is real.

KMDP

Smash Legend
We've exhausted ourselves. We need drinks.
Drinks?

We need SHOTS.
---
This is a wild ride.

(Almost) Every time something comes up that might disprove Grinch theory, an easy explanation crops up to counter it.
Okay, so what about all of what you guys said about unlockable then? What about the whole Ness stuff?

This **** only makes this even more confusing and it doesn't make sense, if you ask me.
Ness wasn't on the box of the Nintendo 3DS version of Smash 4 (because he was unlockable/not revealed), and Shigesato Itoi and APE inc. weren't credited.

Last edited:

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
I thought it was the sprout from Super Paper Mario...
Glad I am not the only one.

As a Paper Mario supporter there is some hope that this item might be from Super Paper Mario - and it would fit perfectly to Smash Bros. We already have the flower-item, why not the sprout-item on the heads of the characters?

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Now a question for you all: would you be okay with this leak being fake? For me it'd mean Shadow and Mach Rider are back on the ropes (although the former still has a lot going for him) but would reopen the (however small) chances of KOS-MOS, Black Knight, Elma and Black Shadow.
I'd be ok.
It's going to be hard to top :ultsimon: for me.
Sure it means no Shadow, Isaac, or Mach. But then again none of them (ok maybe just Shadow) is on my Top 3 to Main list.

Besides, I think Isaac and Shadow have a lot going for them, leak or not. Would miss Mach Rider though.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I was looking at the comments on that video, and someone raised an interesting point.

"The one big thing that makes this leak debatable is one detail that is forgotten. Why hasn't Nintendo done everything to rid of all the evidence? When the esrb leak happened, they acted fast, caught the guy and punished him and did their best so no one could have the image."

I'm not aware if they've done that for this leak, have they? There doesn't seem to be a massive takedown on Youtube videos like that one or anything.

The leaks for Brawl and Smash 4 were from videos. There is no such thing here and it's much much harder to control the flow of images vs. Videos.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, none of this has made sense since yesterday, given the holes in both sides. I feel like either it being real or fake will inevitably make me question reality.
Honestly, I don't even know what's real or fake anymore after the whole Etika thing being a stunt. All I can really say on the matter is that it's weird how Nintendo hasn't went after people when back during the ESRB days, they did.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
If anybody would like to help me, I am going to try to come up with a comprehensive list of everything for and against the leak. Please message me any information you know to put on the list as I don't want to leave anything out.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Guys, maybe this is much simpler than we think. Consider this scenario.

Just another lazy day in the smash bros office. Everyone is bored. Not much is going on.

Designer 1 is complaining to Designer 2
1: "People aren't even interested in some of the cooler items we've shown off! "
2: "What do you mean?"
1: "Nobody ever talks about the healing field. I bet no one even remembers it"
2: "Pff, you just designed it poorly, it looks like trash and that's why it's not memorable"
1: "You're full of ****. It's a great design. The fans just don't have a good eye for it. They don't care about items at all"
2: "I bet I could redesign healing field, and only flash it for a second in a new trailer, and it would get 100x the attention your design ever got"
1: "horse****, I'll take that bet. "

I'm not saying I have a hidden camera in the smash offices, but... idk seems to be exactly what's going on to me

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Honestly, I don't even know what's real or fake anymore after the whole Etika thing being a stunt. All I can really say on the matter is that it's weird how Nintendo hasn't went after people when back during the ESRB days, they did.
It's only been 2 days. It takes a while to unleash the hounds lawyers

D

Deleted member

Oh, that was a stunt? Thank god. I’m not an Etika fan, but I’d feel terrible if something bad happened to the guy.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
2 theories:

1- Is fake.

2- Nintendo went after people in secret, if they do so without caution, the leak confirms itselfs.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Now a question for you all: would you be okay with this leak being fake? For me it'd mean Shadow and Mach Rider are back on the ropes (although the former still has a lot going for him) but would reopen the (however small) chances of KOS-MOS, Black Knight, Elma and Black Shadow.
I'd be pretty sad, but not at Sakurai. Itd be against the leaker who went to such extraordinary lengths to trick people's emotions in such a convincing and big way.

This person is much different from Omni and others, who have all came forth about their leaks really soon after. This one may be getting an actual person into legal trouble or forcing them to hide their face or information. That right there would probably make me quit smash speculation forever, as it'd would set a new low for how far people are willing to go.

Anyway, I personally still can't fathom it being fake, only because the coincidences and connections the leak has artistically and how it arose would be absolutely ridiculous if fake.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
You know, that Spawn Wave talk reminds me of Master of Hyrule where he mentions that Sora is confrmed and that Geno is a high possibility. It is possible that Sora is finalized and that Geno is still in development but not in completion. That is my thought.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
The whole Etika fiasco started before the Grinch leak when he uploaded a video with him going on a massive rant about how he got banned on Twitter for using the n word. Nothing to do with Smash.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of the ESRB leak, didn't Nintendo take action after the gameplay videos surfaced?
There was a rumour that the person behind the leak was both fired from ESRB and was sued up the arse by Nintendo after Smash 3DS released. There was never confirmation on this, mind you, but it's pretty logical to think that the guy behind it is pretty much screwed for life.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
GUYS WE MADE IT TO 250,000
Let’s make it to 500K now! :bluejump:
69 Geno
60E Ken
70 Lycanroc or Incineroar
38E Shadow
71 Rayman

DLC
09E Gooigi
72 Isaac
73 Spring Man
74 ???
75 ???
2 more Echo Fighters
If Gooigi doesn’t turn into a pile of slime like Alex Mack does, when he ducks down, then I’m not interested. :p

(I think I might’ve been telling my age with that Alex Mack reference though...)

beans

Smash Lord
Sinceriry right now.
The Grinch leak discussion is on a stalemate.
All scenarios are possible, a mistake, a kid, an attack, a villainous mastermind plan, etc.
Everything is possible, it could be Sakurai as far as we know.
Its impossible to be 100% team real or fake.
All scenarios need an absurd amount of suspension of disbelief, someone did all tjat for a joke or someone just did it without knowing.
We need the direct to end this.

D

Deleted member

Let’s make it to 500K now! :bluejump:

If Gooigi doesn’t turn into a pile of slime like Alex Mack does, when he ducks down, then I’m not interested. :p

(I think I might’ve been telling my age with that Alex Mack reference though...)
...who's alex mack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom