• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
....Yeah I keep seeing people saying stuff like that but it real feels awfully conspiracy theory-ish. I mean I suppose it's possible but I don't think we have any reason to believe it aside from some anonymous 4channer saying Nintendo is doing it. Then throw in the fact that Verg has three sources who all appearently agree on Incineroar and it sounds pretty unlikely to me that his name is just used to weed out leakers.
Recall that it took them a solid month to agree on Incineroar

Wambo

Smash Ace
Serebii commented on this leak?
Let me guess, they said something like...

"B-B-But the leak is missing Incineroar!...", right?

I'm starting to think a whole lot of people got duped by Nintendo. Like, seriously? EVERYONE has insider information and somehow knows about Incineroar, but aren't willing to divulge what they know at this point? You guys got MEGA duped.

If anyone with "insider information" is reading this, either spill the beans so we can all figure this out or just shut up. List your sources and reveal what you know so we can figure this out and get out of the circle we're running 'round and 'round in. We're visibly starved for information here, and we'd all appreciate it if one of you could take the fall and ruin your lovely and meaningful friendship with this random source all of you seem to share.

"Wow, Wambo, that's a horrible thing to ask of someone. Ruin a friendship over a video game?"

A lot of people seem to share the same source, so I doubt they're super ultra mega best friends. The fact that they can't share their source makes me think that it's someone we know, like Bill, or some rando at Nintendo.

Again, somebody, PLEASE SPEAK OUT.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
Even better. Watch as the Direct announces the date for the next Direct sometime in the first week of December. :p
Even better:

Sakurai walks up to the camera. "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is our love letter to our fans and to their most wanted characters. In the past few days, it has come to my attention that the Smash community is particularly fond of the Grinch. Consequently, we have decided to include him in the game, but unfortunately the contract forced us to remove the other newcomers in order for him to be in the spotlight. We're sure you'll be happy with this development. Happy smashing!"

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
lol vergeben is damage controlling on gamefaqs now. Even if this leak turns out to be fake, at least it had far more effort put into it than verge's leaks.

View attachment 172017
I swear if the Grinch leak ends up being true, the GameFAQs community (along with anyone else who believed his leaks) is going to tear him apart.
Seriously though, he should NOT be on GameFAQs.

Polan

Smash Lord
The thing about Incineroar is that, much like a certain purveyor of hustle, loyalty, and respect, nothing is keeping him down. Even Team Real can't confirm he's not in. Signs are pointing to him being bonus DLC or just not on the banner yet, and that's hilarious.

He's not InCENAroar for nothing.
god, you just reminded me why this leak makes me so miserable: i have to defend incineroar's inclusion. **** me. sakurai, please deconfirm this leak and send it to leak hell or confirm it and make me look like a fool. just end it please.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
We legit just need one character reveal to know if this is real or not.

Come on Daddy Sakurai.

It's Friday here in Australia and in Japan.

Make my day.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Wasn't that specifically made to look like the leak? Keep in mind that hot dog thing is actually a red tie.
There's also the fact that tie was only ever seen is official artwork for the DS installment; it doesn't appear in-game.

The fact that there's this much attention to detail honestly impressive for me and gives more points toward it being real.

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
0EA5BB62-5DF3-4B04-AF34-2CC69EE5C59D.jpeg
Here’s the chart of most characters wanted for ultimate right now
-Shadow The hedgehog
-Geno
-Sora KH
-Banjo
The most wanted
Not sure what that green like bird character is. Maybe a Pokémon?
The chart seems reasonable at this point not sure if crash Bandicoot should be least wanted I’d say he’s a high populated character in my opinion.

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
It's kinda painful seeing that Chorus Kids image because of the damn hot dog.

If the guy who made that would've done some small research they'd know that the Conductor has a red tie.

View attachment 172027
I did it, and I know, I even have the Photoshop layer, the problem is that with all the blurriness it's hard to tell what everything is. I really want want to make a clean version, adding all the stuff. Oh I hate blurriness!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
papagenos papagenos how sure are you about your source? Someone said you back pedalled and said you kind of doubt them. Is that true? And if you can answer, is the reason you trust the source because you know them personally or because they are someone public who is considered legit?
I do not doubt them, I think they are credible.

only backpedaling (if youd call this that) is saying clearly that i trust this source they trust their microsoft source.

their source knew for sure about banjo, had also HEARD the banner characters PLUS incineroar but had no proof.

now the microsoft source thinks the banner leak is real but is confused about incineroar being missing.

I'm beleiving my source but theirs a chain of sources here AND something odd is up with incineroar soooo im just saying there might be some odd gematsu like situation where leak bait was given out (possibly incineroar) OR worst case for the banner nintendo made leak bait IMAGES to get leakers? seems unlikely to me though so i do believe the most likely thing is the banner is real BUT thats what im going off of and it does seem something odd is going on internally here specifically with incineroar.

I do not think the banner is a typical fake leak if it turned out to not be true, it would be at worst a gematsu situation where it IS leaked info but nintendo is doing some very strange things internally to prevent leakers this time so who knows.

my sources microsoft source was SURE of banjo, i have seen no proof but they were sure of banjo for a long time my source WAS thinking banjo could be DLC before the banner came out as my source was thinking basically "box theory maybe a SE rep" like everyone else for a while there but knew banjo was definitely coming at some point.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I will give Team Fake a minor point, as this is the first I'm seeing the Chorus Kids thing (RogersBase mentioned it, but I had no clue what he was talking about--his other reasons were lame, though)--It does kinda match up one to one, and in particular, is a knock to including the conductor being a point for the leak being real. That being said, given it's blurry as ****, I can only tell it's one-to-one with some minor details I can see.

EDIT: Apparently it's fan made? WTF--this is insane.
Haha, I guess you missed that part, no worries man. But yea, the left image was made after the leak, similar to Duck Hunt during the ESRB leak.

The mockup also has a weird hotdog thing instead of the conductor's actual red tie, which is funny.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Even better:

Sakurai walks up to the camera. "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is our love letter to our fans and to their most wanted characters. In the past few days, it has come to my attention that the Smash community is particularly fond of the Grinch. Consequently, we have decided to include him in the game, but unfortunately the contract forced us to remove the other newcomers in order for him to be in the spotlight. We're sure you'll be happy with this development. Happy smashing!"
*Sakurai turns around*

Sakurai: Oh and we also delayed the game until next December and there won't be any character announcements until the first week of that December.

*Leaves*

Viewers: FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Let me guess, they said something like...

"B-B-But the leak is missing Incineroar!...", right?

I'm starting to think a whole lot of people got duped by Nintendo. Like, seriously? EVERYONE has insider information and somehow knows about Incineroar, but aren't willing to divulge what they know at this point? You guys got MEGA duped.

If anyone with "insider information" is reading this, either spill the beans so we can all figure this out or just shut up. List your sources and reveal what you know so we can figure this out and get out of the circle we're running 'round and 'round in. We're visibly starved for information here, and we'd all appreciate it if one of you could take the fall and ruin your lovely and meaningful friendship with this random source all of you seem to share.

"Wow, Wambo, that's a horrible thing to ask of someone. Ruin a friendship over a video game?"

A lot of people seem to share the same source, so I doubt they're super ultra mega best friends. The fact that they can't share their source makes me think that it's someone we know, like Bill, or some rando at Nintendo.

Again, somebody, PLEASE SPEAK OUT.
Take_It_Easy_Man.gif

I-I just wanted to know about Serebii

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I always said I wanted a new leak so that Smash discussion would get more interesting but this has become so toxic I just can't stand it anymore.

I was banned on resetera for quoting a guy who said the insiders kinda shot themselves in the foot by claiming they were iffy on the leak without outright dismissing it. That certainly didn't help.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I swear if the Grinch leak ends up being true, the GameFAQs community (along with anyone else who believed his leaks) is going to tear him apart.
Seriously though, he should NOT be on GameFAQs.
They're gonna turn on him like the Hyenas turned on Scar.

Last edited:

Chrono.

There's also the fact that tie was only ever seen is official artwork for the DS installment; it doesn't appear in-game.

The fact that there's this much attention to detail honestly impressive for me and gives more points toward it being real.
I mean, not really?

I googled "rhythm heaven conductor" and the first image has his official artwork with the red tie, pretty noticeable too.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No one was making "lmao the banjo/geno/shadow/isaac fans are crying right now" posts or making edits of those characters crying as the leaked ones dab.
In all this time, I never saw any Incineroar fans **** on unconfirmed characters so this really isn't a role reversal.
True.

Though more his point was specifically avoiding it in general, since people just tend to overhate on things. And we want that avoided due to flame wars that happen as a natural progression of hateposts. It's just trying to avoid a ****storm, even if the reasons aren't perfect for why we want to avoid it.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Watch us only get Ken in the next Direct, with Sakurai announcing that the final Direct would be at the end of November.

If the leak is not debunked by Nov. 8, imagine the torture of still not being sure what the final roster looks like for 3 more weeks after that.
If we do only get Ken we can debunk or confirm the leak depending on his pose and placement on the Every one is Here picture

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
My GMT time zone residing self is deciding to leave this thread for the night

I expect to see 700+ unread pages when I get back on tomorrow morning, and no progress made on proving or debunking this leak

Goodnight you lovable mugs

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Incineroar being DLC would make no sense. He has no where near the same popularity as someone like K. Rool and Ridley to let their voices be heard by Sakurai, and it would make far more sense to have a Gen 8 Pokemon, Zeraora, or Melmetal for promotional purposes. The base roster is Incineroar's only chance.
But consider this: what if he's in base or the bonus DLC.

NEVER GIVE UP.

DqOafQNWoAAJvUc.png

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
Why November 8 specifically?
That's the general timeframe people believe the next Direct will be in.
If we do only get Ken we can debunk or confirm the leak depending on his pose and placement on the Every one is Here picture
That's some big brain thinking, I forgot about that. However, only the pose would matter, since the placement could be changed again later, once more characters are added in.

Last edited:

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
After spectating you guys going at it for the past two days or so, I decided to join the conversation (I'm new to SB -- hey).

I got in contact with someone claiming to be the original leaker, and when I asked him if he was aware of what is happening on Smashboards, he said the following: "f**k smashboards :lol: lol"

As you can see, this is definitely him. You can thank me for proving the leak true.

(By the way this is a joke, please don't take it seriously. Thanks.)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
This implies they were with him in the first place.
It kinda fits. The hyenas hung around Scar because he gave them food, the gamefaqs users hang around verg because he gives them leaks.

I should write a Be Prepared parody about verg and all the leaks.

D

Deleted member

Incineroar being leaker bait is highly unlikely as so many people knew about him. What's the point of trying to single someone out if there are so many people that could have done it?
Wait...so box theory is now geared towards having 9 newomers? Its official we're in an alternate dimension.
I'm sorry, did I... did I miss something or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom