• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

It's kinda painful seeing that Chorus Kids image because of the damn hot dog.

If the guy who made that would've done some small research they'd know that the Conductor has a red tie.

Conductor.png

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
I just wish Nintendo would reveal something. Its been quite a while now since Isabelle was confirmed and there isn't much time left to reveal stuff.
Reviewers are going to have the game soon. I don't know why they've decided to stay silent for this long, but leaks are inevitable at this point.

Whether this whole thing is fake or not, Nintendo has gotta get moving soon.
........ honestly people can disagree with me all they want but ...

we shouldnt be surprised if another leak (seems very very real like this one) surfaces

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Watch us only get Ken in the next Direct, with Sakurai announcing that the final Direct would be at the end of November.

If the leak is not debunked by Nov. 8, imagine the torture of still not being sure what the final roster looks like for 3 more weeks after that.
Dear god I hope Nintendo isn’t dumb enough to wait that long to show us anywhere from 1-6 characters.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The thing about Incineroar is that, much like a certain purveyor of hustle, loyalty, and respect, nothing is keeping him down. Even Team Real can't confirm he's not in. Signs are pointing to him being bonus DLC or just not on the banner yet, and that's hilarious.

He's not InCENAroar for nothing.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Because I'm tired of seeing stuff like this used as an argument:

And that's just a few.
Similar pictures don't really make or break this leak, especially ones who are known for very specific poses (like Chorus Kids. They have like 2 poses in the game/art. And that image on the left is a mockup created after the fact). But keep 'em coming, I can do this all day.
I will give Team Fake a minor point, as this is the first I'm seeing the Chorus Kids thing (RogersBase mentioned it, but I had no clue what he was talking about--his other reasons were lame, though)--It does kinda match up one to one, and in particular, is a knock to including the conductor being a point for the leak being real. That being said, given it's blurry as ****, I can only tell it's one-to-one with some minor details I can see.

EDIT: Apparently it's fan made? WTF--this is insane.

Last edited:

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
It's a pretty deflating thought that we're at the very least, still probably another week out before we get some sort of news and/or confirmation about or not this is real or not. This month has been a total drag, to be honest. Definitely need to work on my impatience.

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Quickly?
Youtuber who have inside contact.
They have sources, no doubt, in a full year, the rumour they are THE FIRST to talk about are being legit, they're at 9 or 10 streak of correct leak in a right now.
They knew about SMBUDeluxe before everyone, Nintendo Fall Lineup, Early September direct dates, Trine 4, Catherine Remake etc...

Now they say that there is a Smash announcement at the VGA, and it could very well be someone big Like Sora.
Their stance on the current leak is that...It lack Incineroar, and Another characters they know about and are sure that is in, so either:
-Mural made for before those characters announcement/Outdated mural/Hide the identity of those characters
-The leak is fake

Voila.
Or Incineroar is purposefully a phony from Nintendo which is why Spawnwave thinks they're in the game.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
You straight-up called him a douchebag
Verge was being rude but I just found it hypocritical of you to state that they're being toxic towards him when you also insulted him
Granted, I really do think Verge just needs to stick to reddit. They're a lot kinder to him there
It depends on the sub tbh. r/smashbros is rather civil or even nice to him, but r/kappa HATES HIM just as much as gamefaqs

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Watch us only get Ken in the next Direct, with Sakurai announcing that the final Direct would be at the end of November.

If the leak is not debunked by Nov. 8, imagine the torture of still not being sure what the final roster looks like for 3 more weeks after that.
But wouldn't we be able to see his position and pose in the banner art?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Box is good.

Just enjoying the storm. Still want goemon though.
So you're saying box is good even though Spawn Wave has come out and said there's another newcomer besides Incineroar and even if he isn't right and you believe this leak box is disproved?

All I'm saying is the box is on some unexpected dangerous ground.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Why November 8 specifically?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Guys why is it so hard to understand that if leakers could have been fed false info on characters, that Insiders can't be in the same boat?

I have a feeling that many of these insiders disagree with the leak because it doesn't align with the 1 or 2 characters spoonfed to them by their sources.

I really, REALLY implore people to not be swayed by insiders this time around and make your own judgement about the leak, as there is a strong chance many of them have no idea who's actually in the game because they haven't seen physical, concrete proof.

Chrono.

I will give Team Fake a minor point, as this is the first I'm seeing the Chorus Kids thing (RogersBase mentioned it, but I had no clue what he was talking about--his other reasons were lame, though)--It does kinda match up one to one, and in particular, is a knock to including the conductor being a point for the leak being real. That being said, given it's blurry as ****, I can only tell it's one-to-one with some minor details I can see.
The image was a mock up made by someone after they saw the banner.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll guess next week.

And if not, the week after.

If not then, the week after that!

and so on, so forth.

I'll be correct at SOME point
It really does feel like that one Spongebob bit. :p

And the next week, and the next week, and the next week, and the next week, and the next week, and the next week, and the next week, and the...Oh, the game's out. Neat.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I just realized Kazooei has Banjo flying, I can distinguish his feet between Greninja and Snake. Between that and Kazooei's unique pose.. I don't know guys. Also it's not impossible that they made an almost exact reference with CK's drawing.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
A claim from Sakurai I feel is being left out among the oft-reiterated 'slowing down reveals' and 'don't expect too many fighters:

"I used the Smash Ballot when picking fighters this time. K. Rool did very well on the ballot."

As far as we can tell, K. Rool is the only fighter so far who is in from the Ballot. Chrom and Dark Samus were mentioned separately as being 'particularly popular in the East/West', and even if they did appear on the ballot it was nowhere near the level of K. Rool. Additionally, it's assumed Ridley did poorly on the Ballot because people assumed at the time the Ballot was for Smash 4 DLC.

What I'm getting at is that we've only seen 1 notable pick from the Ballot when Sakurai says it was used for the roster. Meanwhile, this leak has Geno, Banjo, and Isaac, 3 definite frontrunners in both speculation and Ballot performance.

This of course confirms nothing, but it really would actually add some meaning to that old Sakurai statement. Not much point in saying you used the Ballot to pick fighters if you only actually picked one.
My thoughts as well. This is exactly what the Ballot was for, for all we know we’re looking at the fruits of our (and the developers’) labour.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
The thing about Incineroar is that, much like a certain purveyor of hustle, loyalty, and respect, nothing is keeping him down. Even Team Real can't confirm he's not in. Signs are pointing to him being bonus DLC or just not on the banner yet, and that's hilarious.

He's not InCENAroar for nothing.
Incineroar being DLC would make no sense. He has no where near the same popularity as someone like K. Rool and Ridley to let their voices be heard by Sakurai, and it would make far more sense to have a Gen 8 Pokemon, Zeraora, or Melmetal for promotional purposes. The base roster is Incineroar's only chance.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It looks the same because someone made it after the leak (at least from what I've read).

Last edited:

Chrono.

It depends on the sub tbh. r/smashbros is rather civil or even nice to him, but r/kappa HATES HIM just as much as gamefaqs
I can't really blame r/kappa and even I hate that place.

That's where verge posted most of his other huge text wall rumors that've been pretty dang fake.

D

Deleted member

here's a spicy opinion, watch out: I think steve is garbage, and a new pokemon rep would be boring no matter who or what it is, so them not being in (for now, i guess) is as much of a plus to me as all these other boys being in :cool:

anyway, I realize i've been slowly devolving from team hmmmm to team real, so i''ll take a step back and cool off till the next direct is announced. it shouldn't be long now, really. they could drop a direct announcement as early as next week, even.
You're just justifying my spite
That wouldn't be fair to the people who all wanted those characters, people who weren't toxic like those your talking about.
While I agree with this, it's really damn hypocritical coming from you.
heck yeah

like for instance

what if real???????
Then we 1v1 in a Squad Strike, teams of 5.
You use the 5 leaked uniques
I use Little Mac, Shulk and Ken
I mean, I told everyone to stop acting like he was already confirmed. I ****ing love the Cat but seeing people shove Inceneroar down other people's throats as a sure thing was getting old. The tables have turned now it seems and it looks like people are hating on Incenaroar, sadly.

I don't fully believe this leak but if it's real and I lose Inceneroar I'm fine with that. It just means I'll have to support him for DLC pretty hard.

Friendly reminder to everyone that ****ting on a character or their fanbase is not ok. Don't be a **** about it. You can speculate without being a ****.
No one was making "lmao the banjo/geno/shadow/isaac fans are crying right now" posts or making edits of those characters crying as the leaked ones dab.
In all this time, I never saw any Incineroar fans **** on unconfirmed characters so this really isn't a role reversal.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So you're saying box is good even though Spawn Wave has come out and said there's another newcomer besides Incineroar and even if he isn't right and you believe this leak box is disproved?

All I'm saying is the box is on some unexpected dangerous ground.
We have so far 7 newcomers listed.
With inconiroar and 1 more. That makes 9.
Put the original 8 and echo on back. Readjust.

Be surprised sakurai is "slowing down"

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Serious question:

Does Spawnwave think the leak in particular is fake or that the characters being in at all is bunk? I just want to make sure because he seems to only be saying "There are a few missing."

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Or Incineroar is purposefully a phony from Nintendo which is why Spawnwave thinks they're in the game.
....Yeah I keep seeing people saying stuff like that but it real feels awfully conspiracy theory-ish. I mean I suppose it's possible but I don't think we have any reason to believe it aside from some anonymous 4channer saying Nintendo is doing it. Then throw in the fact that Verg has three sources who all appearently agree on Incineroar and it sounds pretty unlikely to me that his name is just used to weed out leakers.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Serious question:

Does Spawnwave think the leak in particular is fake or that the characters being in at all is bunk? I just want to make sure because he seems to only be saying "There are a few missing."
No, I think he was saying one is missing from the banner.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
The fact that no one knows what the hell is going on with this “leak” leads me to assume this is how it’s going to be until we actually get some direct confirmation on any of these characters or until someone comes out and admits it’s fake.
All I see are two possibilities with this so far:

This was a meticulously made leak, that a group of people went out of their way to fabricate and designate, in order to hype and befuddle people.
Or, just the very possibility some credible people had outdated information, or got red herrings set out by Nintendo themselves so they could prevent actual leaks and crack down on them.
Kinda like Gematsu with the former.

I think we’re just going to have to keep this in the back of our heads for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom