• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Quickly?
Youtuber who have inside contact.
They have sources, no doubt, in a full year, the rumour they are THE FIRST to talk about are being legit, they're at 9 or 10 streak of correct leak in a right now.
They knew about SMBUDeluxe before everyone, Nintendo Fall Lineup, Early September direct dates, Trine 4, Catherine Remake etc...

Now they say that there is a Smash announcement at the VGA, and it could very well be someone big Like Sora.
Their stance on the current leak is that...It lack Incineroar, and Another characters they know about and are sure that is in, so either:
-Mural made for before those characters announcement/Outdated mural/Hide the identity of those characters
-The leak is fake

Voila.
"another character they know about"
So...how's box feeling about this

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
lol vergeben is damage controlling on gamefaqs now. Even if this leak turns out to be fake, at least it had far more effort put into it than verge's leaks.

View attachment 172017
Okay, we had the reasonable Vergeben in the first post, and now we have the name-calling, childish Vergeben in the more recent post. I really hope we don't hear from insensitive asshole Vergeben (perhaps the other Vergebens fired him). :chuckle:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This has been amusing to observe over the last 24 hours or so. Especially since I'm devoted pretty much no energy to thing in general. I will admit I like the roster better then say the box theory, but what I like has nothing to do with what is. There is simply not enough evidence to convince me in this case.

The only reason I accepted the ESRB leak during Smash 4 is the video footage that showed Shulk and Browser Jr. doing things that could not be easily replicated. I don't think we're going to get evidence of that nature this time around so I'm going to stay skeptical of any claim of this nature.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Oh one reason why a direct could handle 5-7 characters your all forgetting they could do a hour long direct that shows the rest of the stuff of smash
The final direct could be as long as it wants. People need to stop making rules for things just because they believe in a status quo.

The direct could be an hour or could be 30 minutes and could still logically show all 7 characters, spirits, and bonus stuff if formatted in whatever way makes them take this long.

Sakurai never explained Ridley or K. Rool, he may not explain Banjo, Geno, Mach Rider, etc. We could get 1 trailer in the beginning that drops 2 characters, another that drops 3 at the end, and the 2 echoes are announced in the middle.

Who knows, but people should stop trying to logic their way through how a direct could do 7 characters. Its the same way people couldnt fathom the august direct doing more than 2, then we got 5, where alot of that was spent on music and stages or even the E3 one, where the game dropped 65 characters at once at it's reveal.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So...how's box feeling about this
I mean, right now, the Box Theory is either ****ed by the grinch leak being real. Or being incomplete lacking Incineroar/Other mystery characters. Or only Vergeben is right but Mystery character is DLC.

TL;DR, Box Theory is pretty ****ed, even if it did soft-confirm Ken

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
Watch everybody be wrong and we get Phoenix Wright, Ray Mk II, Crono, Buzzwole, and Reggie Fils-Aime.

I can dream right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

papagenos already spoke in favor of this leak, and Serebii has not claimed any insider information, only voiced their opinion against it.
Whoops I think I meant pushdustin? Or spawnwave? idk I have all my insiders mixed up

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Regardless of if this is real or fake, I actually feel really bad for this thread's moderators. This thread is moving at light speed. How are mere mortals expected to keep track of all this?
"Does baby want a bottle"

Seriously, what a nerd. His source picked an excellent person to leak information to. Like, I know people are ***** to him and stuff, but Verge really irritates me.
That's an insult to nerds.

Also if he hates Gamefaqs so much why does he even go there? I avoid the corners of the internet that I don't like. C'mon.

D

Deleted member

lol vergeben is damage controlling on gamefaqs now. Even if this leak turns out to be fake, at least it had far more effort put into it than verge's leaks.

View attachment 172017
Wow. For someone that seems to hate the immature sides of the Smash fandom, he sure does act just like them.

So, anyone wanna take a guess at Direct dates again? I think next week actually has a decent shot.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Because I'm tired of seeing stuff like this used as an argument:

And that's just a few.
Similar pictures don't really make or break this leak, especially ones who are known for very specific poses (like Chorus Kids. They have like 2 poses in the game/art. And that image on the left is a mockup created after the fact). But keep 'em coming, I can do this all day.

Last edited:

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Quickly?
Youtuber who have inside contact.
They have sources, no doubt, in a full year, the rumour they are THE FIRST to talk about are being legit, they're at 9 or 10 streak of correct leak in a right now.
They knew about SMBUDeluxe before everyone, Nintendo Fall Lineup, Early September direct dates, Trine 4, Catherine Remake etc...

Now they say that there is a Smash announcement at the VGA, and it could very well be someone big Like Sora.
Their stance on the current leak is that...It lack Incineroar, and Another characters they know about and are sure that is in, so either:
-Mural made for before those characters announcement/Outdated mural/Hide the identity of those characters
-The leak is fake

Voila.
Thanks. Obviously they most likely don't know who exactly is the supposed character for the VGA announcement, but why are people assuming Spawn Wave is referring to Sora?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

View attachment 172017
****ing really?
This is our credible leaker, and he decide to act like douchebag at all (Sure, there's reason why he was acting like that.) There's no need to be attacking other poster. Had it continue for long time without incienroar being confirmed for smash, I am pretty sure that Verge's source did really take the leak bait. Imagine the ****storm when incienroar isn't confirmed at all, and that is verge's fault of it because he "leaked" that character, He really need to get out of that toxic place, they were so hostile toward him.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
****ing really?
This is our credible leaker, and he decide to act like douchbag at all (Sure, there's reason why he was acting like that.) There's no need to be attacking other poster. Had it continue for long time without incienroar being confirmed for smash, I am pretty sure that Verge's source did really take the leak bait. Imagine the ****storm when incienroar isn't confirmed at all, and that is verge's fault of it because he "leaked" that character, He really need to get out of that toxic place, they were so hostile toward him.
And you're being hostile towards him now, huh?

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
Watch us only get Ken in the next Direct, with Sakurai announcing that the final Direct would be at the end of November.

If the leak is not debunked by Nov. 8, imagine the torture of still not being sure what the final roster looks like for 3 more weeks after that.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No, I wasn't being hostile to him. I was pointing out how abit hostile he was in that image.
You straight-up called him a douchebag
Verge was being rude but I just found it hypocritical of you to state that they're being toxic towards him when you also insulted him
Granted, I really do think Verge just needs to stick to reddit. They're a lot kinder to him there

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch us only get Ken in the next Direct, with Sakurai announcing that the final Direct would be at the end of November.

If the leak is not debunked by Nov. 8, imagine the torture of still not being sure what the final roster looks like for 3 more weeks after that.
Even better. Watch as the Direct announces the date for the next Direct sometime in the first week of December. :p

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Fixedfun posted this as a mockup to show what it could look like. It wasn't supposed to make it seem fake
Correction then, people are trying to use it to debunk the leak without giving the source and how it was conceived. Still the same outcome though.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
A claim from Sakurai I feel is being left out among the oft-reiterated 'slowing down reveals' and 'don't expect too many fighters:

"I used the Smash Ballot when picking fighters this time. K. Rool did very well on the ballot."

As far as we can tell, K. Rool is the only fighter so far who is in from the Ballot. Chrom and Dark Samus were mentioned separately as being 'particularly popular in the East/West', and even if they did appear on the ballot it was nowhere near the level of K. Rool. Additionally, it's assumed Ridley did poorly on the Ballot because people assumed at the time the Ballot was for Smash 4 DLC.

What I'm getting at is that we've only seen 1 notable pick from the Ballot when Sakurai says it was used for the roster. Meanwhile, this leak has Geno, Banjo, and Isaac, 3 definite frontrunners in both speculation and Ballot performance.

This of course confirms nothing, but it really would actually add some meaning to that old Sakurai statement. Not much point in saying you used the Ballot to pick fighters if you only actually picked one.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
So, anyone wanna take a guess at Direct dates again? I think next week actually has a decent shot.
I'll guess next week.

And if not, the week after.

If not then, the week after that!

and so on, so forth.

I'll be correct at SOME point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom