• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
How long did it take for gameplay to pop up after the ESRB leak? This one came out around the same time frame ESRB leak popped up, so I’m just wondering.
I think it was like a week or so?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
How long did it take for gameplay to pop up after the ESRB leak? This one came out around the same time frame ESRB leak popped up, so I’m just wondering.
Honestly?

We're not going to get gameplay for this if it's real.

This is a whole different ballpark.

I doubt this person/Eric even has access to the game to play it.

I mainly just wanna know WHO did the leaking in this case. Eric, a friend of Eric's, a co-worker, what...

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
You didn't get the memo? You're selfish for being disgruntled with how we've gotten one newcomer and about nothing else in 2 months
/s. I see this line of thinking far too much.
Yeah I don't get that line of thinking either. I got my most wanted characters already so I'm happy either way.

I mean, but like, Nintendo's hurting themselves too by staying silent for so long. The closer we get to launch, the more stuff is going to leak. Its something that just isn't avoidable. You'd think that after the ESRB leak last time, they'd want to have all of the characters officially revealed at this point.
The game is VERY close now, and they're taking huge risks by not officially giving us information. In my opinion, by this point in late october, we should know about all of the characters officially. All but maybe one or something.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Is it wrong for me to say on one hand I'm hoping its real because of Banjo but at the same time fake because I want Black Shadow, Elma, Leon Powalski (Not likely anyways Base or DLC), Medusa and Nightmare though they still have a shot for DLC.

D

Deleted member

I highly doubt gameplay will surface this time. The ESRB leak was stills of the footage. This is a screencap of a video of mural art.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
imagesdh.jpg

We've been over this from what I recall, this was made after the leak appeared to try and make it out as fake, much like the Duck Hunt Dog edit.

Edit: Correction, this was not created to deceive people. People are just using it in that fashion.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
To be frank, the only reason that I hate most leaks is that they don’t have an F-Zero character in them. That’s kinda it...

Iridium

Smash Hero
I mean, I'm not surprised something like this would happen only weeks before the game comes out, but this is a bit embarrassing. Now, some of the community (not just here) is tearing each other to shreds (definitely in other places).

I'm stuck wondering what fans of "confirmed" and "deconfirmed" characters will think if this "leak" is proved false. This one has been...decent, but I don't know what to saw myself if Sakurai really reveals this many characters after suggesting he wouldn't.

Obviously, I would be fine with this being real, as long as it doesn't shut down other characters' chances, and I unfortunately can't say that will be the case.

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
I've gotta ask a quick question.

Why would Simon and Richter get revealed together, yet Ryu and Ken not be revealed together?

Quite a few echos (I believe it was 3 out of the currently officially confirmed 6) were revealed in the original wave of information that came with the "Everyone is Here" trailer.

Here's a hot take, which i hope is horribly wrong; What if Ken was actually the false leak the whole time?

I know, it sounds ridiculous, but compared to Dark Samus and Chrome, does Ken come across as a "surprise" character to anyone that would warrant his own independent announcement?
Maybe Ken was a last minute addition??

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Been sick all day,got home from work and the banner is still alive?

So is this thing Akira strong now?

No matter if you try to prove it true or false, this thing is getting bloated.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Since I'm 50/50 yes.
I'm 70/30. Given how elaborate a fake it would have to be (among various other reasons), I feel like the simplest explanation is it's real. What bumps it down from the 90% I was at given how clean the leak was are a) he no longer works at a company associated with Bandai Namco/Nintendo as far as we know b) various things surround the leak seem fishy (e.g., the 4chan post) c) multiple insiders are saying it's fake, but giving bad reasons d) still way too many characters to reveal in one month (this was a problem point since the beginning and why I initially thought it was fake).

Whether it's real or fake, though, we know for 99% certainty that whatever is going on is ****ed up. :p

SuperSmashLover

Smash Cadet
Thank you, wear it proudly.

Just curious, did you find it here or somewhere else?
It was posted last Tuesday on Reddit as part of a joke about the smash community becoming a group of investigators due to the surge of "leaks" Ultimate has seen.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Been sick all day,got home from work and the banner is still alive?

So is this thing Akira strong now?

No matter if you try to prove it true or false, this thing is getting bloated.
Some things about the background seem off, but besides that the leak is still strong.

D

Deleted member

After the next reveal there will be blood

Either team Fake wins and people crawl back to Vergeben and doxx/harass this Eric dude for the rest of his life

Or team Real wins and every single "insider "(papagenos, seribii, vergeben, etc.) has their Smash credibility ruined forever

Honestly at this point just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. What could go wrong?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There have been far more people ****ting on Incineroar and trying to discredit Verge solely because of Incineroar even before this than there were people "shoving him down other people's throats".

The hate was always there. Nothing changed except now people are more obnoxious about it because it seems like they won in the end.
I see your point.

Even still Inceneroar isn't dead in the water at this point anyways. On the contrary. If this leak is fake then Inceneroar and Ken are, again, probably the last of them. Besides that people are still sure of Inceneroar being in the game. I remember one person that said there was still a character missing on the mural. Could be Inceneroar. I dunno. We'll see in the coming weeks at the latest.

D

Deleted member

The only major thing that could happen at this point is a retailer goofing and saying something they shouldn't, or preload goes live before a Direct and data miners get to it. Otherwise, I don't think we're gonna get anything more than what we already have in terms of leaks/rumors.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
After the next reveal there will be blood

Either team Fake wins and people crawl back to Vergeben and doxx/harass this Eric dude for the rest of his life

Or team Real wins and every single "insider "(papagenos, seribii, vergeben, etc.) has their Smash credibility ruined forever

Honestly at this point just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. What could go wrong?
Genos credibility is only improved if this is real as he believes it to be

Vergeben already has shaky credibility. Not for Smash but in general.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Has this been mentioned?
Yes and it's an extremely weak evidence, if one at all.
-Autocad is very commonly used by those companies
-same style of printing means nothing, it's just squares and white space. If anything, the boldness of the stroke seems suspicious and I'm not sure if it's faithful to any standard, and the way how the space is used seem unprofessional as well, a lot of wasted space and tiny pictures, when those companies usually use big formats such as A3 to A0 and I doubt they would work on so little pictures at all.
Not to mention that none of the pictures have this:

and this is very unprofessional.
Especially the Grinch render at the top, it seems like it's the model that must be cut to recreate that figure in the lower right, yet it doesn't have bleeds, it doesn't have guides, it doens't have any thechnical reference of any kind.
And it has a very ugly black background near the neck where it overlaps with the dog from the other side.
I'm sorry but the more I look into this, the more it seems fake to me.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Can someone explain to me what this whole Spawn Wave thing is about?
Quickly?
Youtuber who have inside contact.
They have sources, no doubt, in a full year, the rumour they are THE FIRST to talk about are being legit, they're at 9 or 10 streak of correct leak in a right now.
They knew about SMBUDeluxe before everyone, Nintendo Fall Lineup, Early September direct dates, Trine 4, Catherine Remake etc...

Now they say that there is a Smash announcement at the VGA, and it could very well be someone big Like Sora.
Their stance on the current leak is that...It lack Incineroar, and Another characters they know about and are sure that is in, so either:
-Mural made for before those characters announcement/Outdated mural/Hide the identity of those characters
-The leak is fake

Voila.

Last edited:

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
Once again, this is mad fake. This is made based in the render and you can tell because the conductor has a red tie in the game and the person pulling a Duck Hunt Dog didn't even get that right.
I made that, I even post it here, it was a mock-up, are people this stupid? (Oops sorry if I sounded rude, my apologies)

Wambo

Smash Ace
lol vergeben is damage controlling on gamefaqs now. Even if this leak turns out to be fake, at least it had far more effort put into it than verge's leaks.

View attachment 172017
"Does baby want a bottle"

Seriously, what a nerd. His source picked an excellent person to leak information to. Like, I know people are ***** to him and stuff, but Verge really irritates me.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
lol vergeben is damage controlling on gamefaqs now. Even if this leak turns out to be fake, at least it had far more effort put into it than verge's leaks.

View attachment 172017
That literally doesn't matter in that case because then he'd be legit and the fakes would be fakes.

Also gamefaqs treats him like the devil; I'd say being this snarky and frustrated at them is pretty warranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom