• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
They're going to be completely silent and never take off their helment so that people can make youtube videos like "IS MACH RIDER A MAN OR WOMAN?"
And when prompted during a random post-game interview, Bill Trinen's going to say "LOL WHO KNOWS?"
I can just smell MattPatt hastily typing a script up already.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Wait, why are some dudes saying it's fake? This thread moves too fast for me, i'm sorry...
The background of the blank battlefield thing is different between the official version and the leak one.
The same thing over and over but now we have found a better evidence that makes it clear and impossible to unsee.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
But why would they do that
It's simple, it's not that hard to believe how leaked empty battle was NOT FAKE. If leaker was able to get hold of that image, how can you explain where they got it from? It's too impossible to remove all fighters from battlefield without ****ing up image. I believe that they got updated empty battlefield from Nintendo.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So, if we assume the leak is true, we have a css looking something like

Could not get them to match with same number of columns. I still think collapsed is the proper way to see the css, so I am thinking that 14 per row is the way it will be.
Switch Banjo and Geno and I'd say that's pretty much how I'd see it.

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
Koichi is the only one who looks their age in JoJo LOL

True, but even Giorno and Josuke look way older than they really are in the anime. In the Manga they look around their age but in the anime, I wouldn't eb able to tell they were High Schoolers if it wasn't for the school uniform on Josuke and them stating Giorno's age. They both look about 19-21 anime wise. Jotaro looks like a straight up grown *** man though.
Koichi looks too young and everyone else looks to old. EXCEPT THE BEST JOJO CHARACTER TRISH

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Wait, why are some dudes saying it's fake? This thread moves too fast for me, i'm sorry...
Battlefield from E3 and Battlefield from the leak have 8 noticeable discrepancies, which are all conveniently hid by the characters. Doesn’t necessarily kill it, but it’s something to keep in mind.

YourMostWantedWon'tBeIn

Banned via Warnings
So, if we assume the leak is true, we have a css looking something like

Could not get them to match with same number of columns. I still think collapsed is the proper way to see the css, so I am thinking that 14 per row is the way it will be.
Wow, we live in a timeline where Smash is reaching MUGEN-levels of character roster of any game ever...
-Banjo
-Bayonetta
-Simon and Richter
-Sonic
-Cloud
-Snake
-Ken and Ryu
-Pacman

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
Who wrote this originally? It's beautiful. I found it in a YouTube comments' section a few hours ago. Did you?
Thank you! Yes it was me. I orignally wrote it on reddit. It got reddit platinum, gold, and silver... then the mods took it down. So I decided to post it elsewhere. Now someone is apparantly illustrating, recording a reading of it, and posting a video online eventually lol

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Yeah, are we sure these aren't two different Battlefields?

Has the mural Battlefield even matched the in game Battlefield prior to this?
At minimum there is a version that loops in on itself for the Smash blog and a version that doesn't

Peptobislawl

Smash Rookie
The background of the blank battlefield thing is different between the official version and the leak one.
The same thing over and over but now we have found a better evidence that makes it clear and impossible to unsee.
Assuming it's the same render to begin with. It's not in game bf as I guessed but we still don't know what it actually is.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I just thought of something.

Battlefield without the characters is on the same band in the leak behind the SSB logo; it appears to be different than even the empty Battlefield to the left in the image, but I'm not sure. Can anyone compare the Battlefields?

Potato_

Smash Lord
So, I've kinda been out all day. Any new leaks? Anything new on the banner leak?
Any leaks disproven?

Also, we have lost another member. Hope whatever Alastor's dealing with get's better soon. He's left the site.
Damn, really? He was here commenting just today.

Hope whatever he's dealing with works out okay.

D

Deleted member

True, but even Giorno and Josuke look way older than they really are in the anime. In the Manga they look around their age but in the anime, I wouldn't eb able to tell they were High Schoolers if it wasn't for the school uniform on Josuke and them stating Giorno's age. They both look about 19-21 anime wise. Jotaro looks like a straight up grown *** man though.
Jotaro also ages in reverse. He looks older in Part 3 than he does in Part 6.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
But that does not mean that its fake, since you can clearly see the ruins in the background of the official banner therefore the leaker would definetly not forget about it if he edited it. Most likely just other versions.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So I dug back through the Treehouse Footage and found a better angle to see Battlefield at, as well as showing the character art popping in, if it helps at all.

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 10.43.23 PM.png

Last edited:

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
It's simple, it's not that hard to believe how leaked empty battle was NOT FAKE. If leaker was able to get hold of that image, how can you explain where they got it from? It's too impossible to remove all fighters from battlefield without ****ing up image. I believe that they got updated empty battlefield from Nintendo.
why would nintendo make two completely different images for the mural

Noipoi

Howdy!
Battlefield from E3 and Battlefield from the leak have 8 noticeable discrepancies, which are all conveniently hid by the characters. Doesn’t necessarily kill it, but it’s something to keep in mind.
Wow, an actual legitimate point against this leak. Never thought i'd see the day.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Just let the box theory die
This is not about the box theory, this is about people believing every single leak that has some effort put into it.

Then whem we don't end up getting 7 characters then people will be dissapointed and complain because they set their expectations too high.

Last edited:

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
Wow, we live in a timeline where Smash is reaching MUGEN-levels of character roster of any game ever...
-Banjo
-Bayonetta
-Simon and Richter
-Sonic
-Cloud
-Snake
-Ken and Ryu
-Pacman
Now we just need every pokemon ever and anime characters and we'll have MUGEN smash version

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I still find it hilarious that the current big leak was due to the damn GRINCH. I thought it'd come from the Prima Guide lol.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
It would make sense for 2 different versions to exist: One rendered in 3D and one painted. Looking at the banner on the SmashBros.com site, it does follow the same "painted" style and feel (to me). It isn't too big a jump for 2 different iterations of a single environment to exist.

Food for thought. The comparison did weaken my faith in the "leak," but thinking objectively, this makes sense to me.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Only ten more pages until we reach page 6100.

Not to argue against that, but like it was said, that was the E3 version of Battlefield, which was prepared long before E3. What if slight changes were made over time to the Battlefield later on? Just a guess.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Alright, these are just the points I think will be most obvious to the layman's eyes. I see significantly more issues than just these.

A.) The infamous smear is not on the official image.

B.) A small, dark cloud that is entirely absent from the leaked image.

C.) The shape of the water curves upward on the leaked image but continues straight on the official. Plus I'm not sure I see any evidence of the castle in the leaked image.

D.) This entire cloud on the official image seems to be missing and replaced with just blue sky on the leaked image.

E.) The shape of the cloud is different, with a clean diagonal cut on the leaked image but a rounder shape on the official one.

F.) A lightning bolt that appears to be missing entirely from the leaked image.

G.) Several dark structures are missing entirely from the leaked image.

H.) The shape of the crystals is clearly different. The official image has one large chunk in this area, slanted to the left. The leaked image has two chunks with a piece missing in the center and both pieces missing that leftward slant.
Question, the bottom image was taken from a treehouse stream, correct? That means it was definitely in motion, whereas the top image is supposedly promotional material, meant to be seen as a still? Is it possible many of these discrepancies can be linked to trying to compare a what is a live stage that may change over time to static promotional content?

Not trying to assert if the leak is true or false, or demean the image breakdown.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Question, the bottom image was taken from a treehouse stream, correct? That means it was definitely in motion, whereas the top image is supposedly promotional material, meant to be seen as a still? Is it possible many of these discrepancies can be linked to trying to compare a what is a live stage that may change over time to static promotional content?

Not trying to assert if the leak is true or false, or demean the image breakdown.
That was exactly what I was thinking, as in the bolded part,

YourMostWantedWon'tBeIn

Banned via Warnings
Remember when GameXplain thought and sweared that the Shulk leak was fake?
Yeah, don't trust anybody, whether it's them, Spawn Wave, Source Gaming or anyone else, YOU be your own judge...
The only one i'd trust on his words would be papagenos papagenos he's the most objective and non-biased out of them all.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don’t know what papa geno posted

But I’m guessing his creditable source from earlier is saying it’s real and he’s keeping it a secret.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Well, just hopped on YouTube and this happened to be in my subscription feed, mostly where I’m subscribed to GameXplain and IGN, Smash Trailer and a Grinch clip right next to each other. *X-Files theme plays* :estatic:

CD5EE57C-C2CE-4634-8A02-A6F3253E175B.jpeg

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom