• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
My username is the result of stifled creativity and writer's block.

I try to write in my free time, and I came up with a super-weapon/mobile fortress used by a villain, an enormous steam-powered Hydra-like machine called the Hydraulic Hydra. It's probably one of the things I'm most proud of making and am trying to find a way to implement it, but I've been terribly wishy-washy on the kind of story I want to tell for six years now.

But I like it enough to use it as a username basically everywhere. (And then I went and misspelled it here)

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
My username came about from my love for the Penrose triangle (and optical illusions in general). The z was originally a way to keep the basic username if Penrose was taken, but now I'm preferring the z because it looks cooler.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oy, I just like chemicals, alright? I need to find other users with a simple element named (only that), and make a pact. Call me "Agent no. 77".

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
My name is the result of a very very not creative ten or so year old wanting a cool username and thinking that Fast and Blade were subtle references to beyblade, his favorite thing at the time

oops

D

Deleted member

My username comes from the first leters of my two names (José Daniel), and a made-up third one (Cabrera).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So usernames?

shinhed stood for Shinigami Hedgehog. My two biggest obsessions near the Brawl era when I came up with it were Bleach and Sonic (X).

As for echi. That was my competitive Melee name. It drew a few laughs, so I kept it for a while.

I go by Rock-DJ to my closer friends lately. But again changing to Rock Daddy (because I'm now a father). :D

I like to have one username per Smash era.

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
I thought "imagine a world where somebody had to yell my username on stage for some event..."

"What would make them sound like an idiot"

And Kooj Kooj was born.

D

Deleted member

I will probably pick the D.Va mech LEGO set and the other one with Tracer.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Nah, you shouldn't be ashamed.

I mean, I mean, I collect plushies too, but that's because it's badass. What's not badass though, is me cross-dressing. :/
Such fun...
Yeah I'm not actually ashamed of that, I was mostly just joking around.

And if it counts for anything I think cross dressing is super brave (although I'm a little confused by the lack of context here).

Drakonix

Smash Cadet
My username doesn't have too much special meaning. The first part is pronounced Drake, which I chose since I have a fascination with dragons and many other scaly creatures. The last bit.... I dunno, guess it just sounded interesting compounded together.

also noooo i somewhat missed the pokemon talk. (My Favorite is Feraligatr!!!!)

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I wonder how people who actually want to talk about Smash feels right now.
Since I am one of the people who helped jumpstart the username discussion, I'll try to do something Smash related.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Spikes (Meteor Smashes) can no longer let opponents to tech to the ground meaning that combos that previously required spikes (example Captain Falcon's Dair to Knee) are now true combos!

Seems like Ultimate's combo game is going to be nearly as free flowing as Melee!
This is actually quite interesting. I've had to tech A LOT of grounded spikes in Smash 4, so I'm not sure how I feel about this. In addition, all of my past mains (including Ridley) either have no spike or a spike where you go down w/ the opponent (Bowser, Corrin, Ridley etc.).

I guess they're really trying to push the meta more on the offensive side rather than defensive side. Maybe this'll convince me to pick up one of my side characters with a normal spike (possibly :ultzelda:, :ultpalutena:, :ultlucina:, :ultganondorf: or :ultdarksamus:)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My username's from my Brawl days. Naturally my teenage years, so it's one of many stupid decisions I did back then.

Thanks for the suggestions, but when it comes to anime I've always been more of a "Cory in the House" kind of guy.

Noipoi pls I'm 21 and have a beard now.

Nevermind that my bookshelf is decorated with plastic toys and Pokemon plushes.
Could be worse, I have a huge Classic Sonic statue from First 4 Figures and a PVC of Fio Germi, among other things. Lucky that people don't really pay attention or make a fuss when they see my room.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oy, I just like chemicals, alright? I need to find other users with a simple element named (only that), and make a pact. Call me "Agent no. 77".
And, iridium is found in meteorites in addition to being very corrosion-resistant, so that's cool.

Also, osby osby , your username reminds me of osmium. Care to become Agent no. 76 (yeah, 76 to my 77, huh)?

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
My username comes from my Youtube channel, which dates back a WHILE. How I came up with it was pretty simple, Brawl was out at the time, I won a majority of games against my friends (doesn't mean much now, but we were all casuals back then), so Goldenbrawler became my alias. Kinda dumb, but I was taking a long time in coming up with a Youtube username and that one just kinda stuck out most.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Oh, and I forgot to mention. 'Penrose' could be interpreted as a pun on my real name. So that's another layer on the username cake.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
petition for all users to change their usernames to elements
Dibs on Cobalt.

Since I am one of the people who helped jumpstart the username discussion, I'll try to do something Smash related.

This is actually quite interesting. I've had to tech A LOT of grounded spikes in Smash 4, so I'm not sure how I feel about this. In addition, all of my past mains (including Ridley) either have no spike or a spike where you go down w/ the opponent (Bowser, Corrin, Ridley etc.).

I guess they really trying to push the meta more on the offensive side rather than defensive side. Maybe this'll convince me to pick up one of my side character with a normal spike (possibly :ultzelda:, :ultpalutena:, :ultlucina:, :ultganondorf: or :ultdarksamus:)
I was never really that good as teching ground spikes, so this won't effect me that much in that regard.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
So how are you guys thinking Ike is going to turn out? I've been keeping an eye on demo footage of him and he seems to be as fast as Marth and as powerful as... Ike.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
One time at a convention I had my butt handed to me by a guy in a sailor scout cosplay. I like to imagine the skirt was giving him power, but in actuality he was probably just better then me.

Also 99% of the time when I teched a grounded spike it was because I pressed the shield button just a little to late. I wonder if Zard is going to get any kill confirms for his Dair now...not that he has ever had a hard time killing.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
I'm beginning to think this element thing will actually happen

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well I was thinking about which username would fit me, and “Alastor” just seemed to click.

I’ve noticed though, ever since I created my account we haven’t gotten any big Smash news. That might just me though.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm beginning to think this element thing will actually happen
I mean, if we're going for real elements, there can only be 118 members. 117 spots left, for individuality.

Incoming, double identity posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom