• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like the leak hasn't even surfaced?
Maybe it's something to do with what LeakyPandy is saying.
Guys, seriously, stop backing Leakypandy. They are anything but a pranksters.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Hmm... so what intriguing "leak images" have popped up on 4chan less than a week ago?
Beats me. I haven't been looking for image leaks in a long time.

Maybe it'd be worthwhile to start looking through the fireden archives? IDK, but I would like to hear Vergeben's thoughts on this.

Only other one I can think of is the Sassy Geno one
While it's true the sassy Geno leak hasn't been debunked yet, that's been out for a while, even longer than the Ken one. I find it really hard to believe Nintendo only found out about it now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna level with y'all. As much as I love DOOM and will forever bite the pillow when I hear Mick Gordon's DOOM 2016 soundtrack, I can't see Doom Slayer in Smash. You could say Bayonetta is kind of in a way bloody and gorey, but not to the extent DOOM goes in.

The whole entire aspect is practically gore and blood; once you strip that out of the Doom Slayer, you kinda have someone from Halo. Unless Link's head is getting completely ripped off, Doom Slayer is a no-go.

And also fake lol

Last edited by a moderator:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
The only image leak I can think of that might've gotten ignored was those old Rayman/Skull Kid pictures. They got ignored because Skull Kid was standing in a weird pose, but they both still looked pretty good all said.

Is it time to maybe give these two another go-over?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The last time I can remember being super hyped for a game was for Mortal Kombat X. Still definitely my favorite NRS game, Injustice 2 just isn't as fun to play IMO.
Injustice 2's meta just became "I main _____ and Starfire." Then pick Starfire when your main loses the first match.

I wish NRS games weren't so much of a niche within the fighting game community. Their output since MK9 has been incredible. But so few people outside of the States ever play them.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Wait.. Speaking of geno... There was this one:
What if they're referring to this? I kinda doubt it... but what if...

Oh my god if this one was real I would die laughing.

Everyone in this thread was horrified by it.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Being "better" doesn't matter. It's still being forced to use Pokemon you don't want to use.

And losing a move people actually want to use.

Solo Charizard is something people prefer. That's not a feasible option with Pokemon Trainer as is. They aren't looking for better here. They are looking for playing as one character. Which is impossible in Ultimate. Because I don't see a solo Pokemon option being available(especially since they'd have to make new Final Smashes and Down B's for all of them. Though I would be up for a clone of Charizard only using his 4 moveset. Would please a lot of people).

People are actually ignoring the argument they're making. Tiers are meaningless here. They want solo and only solo. It's that simple. Stamina was hardly the issue in the first place and that along with type effectiveness were just weaknesses of the Brawl design, not the only thing that made PT something people weren't interested in. They just want to separately play as each character, without transformations(especially forced) and not missing any moves.
And I'm not saying they should want to play as Pokemon Trainer if they don't want to? Maybe I'm missing something, jumping in the middle of the conversation. :upsidedown:

Having all the Pokemon separate with new final smashes and moves would probably have been too much work, and for "everyone is here" Squirtle and Ivysaur needed to come back (also without "Pokemon Trainer" themselves, it would still feel like not everyone is here, even if they are a passive character). I would have been very disappointed if only Charizard came back--it would feel false to the spirit of the game. All I'm saying is that, for my purposes (which are not "tier" based, as I'm a casual player, not a competitive player) I am glad Pokemon Trainer returned the way they did, and I agree with almost all of the compromises that had to be made, and to me, made Pokemon Trainer the best character in the game (not just in terms of "tier", but in terms of variety and fun). Some may not, in which case, it's their choice if they want to play as Pokemon Trainer or main someone else. One thing I would agree on is I wish it didn't automatically switch after a KO--that should be the decision of the player.

D

Deleted member

The polygonal count on Geno's clothes are god awful. No way this one is real.

Honestly guys, the one leak that we know for sure is real is the Ken leak with Pichu, Ivysaur and Pac-Man. Someone MUST have let Nintendo know about it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The only image leak I can think of that might've gotten ignored was those old Rayman/Skull Kid pictures. They got ignored because Skull Kid was standing in a weird pose, but they both still looked pretty good all said.

Is it time to maybe give these two another go-over?
Didn’t that one also have Bandana Waddle Dee?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
There was that one Dante image going around right? Has that been debunked yet?
dan.png

Last edited:

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
Injustice 2's meta just became "I main _____ and Starfire." Then pick Starfire when your main loses the first match.

I wish NRS games weren't so much of a niche within the fighting game community. Their output since MK9 has been incredible. But so few people outside of the States ever play them.
So far, I think MKX is the pinnacle of their success when it comes to meta. Injustice 2 felt so stale to me. I know many people criticized the heavy mix-up style of MKX, but it was at least more hype visually. Gameplay moved so quick, MKX was far more satisfying to watch than Injustice 2.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If we got Revali, the only thing I'd be upset about is that we got a Zelda species that wasn't a Goron or a Zora.
Revali's all right, but I'd prefer Mipha or Daruk.

Then again, I guess he's the next best thing to getting Decidueye. Not sure if that will sit well with its supporters though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That was the Poke Floats 2 one iirc, unless there was another Bandana Dee leak that I missed.
There was one with Dee and Skull Kid and the Skull Kid in those images looked like the same one from the images that also had Rayman

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Making something aesthetically attractive with Geno is what I call a challenge looking those fakes.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So something happened, but really nothing happened, until something happens that shows something did indeed happen. I think I'm caught up. :4pacman:

Potato_

Smash Lord
The polygonal count on Geno's clothes are god awful. No way this one is real.

Honestly guys, the one leak that we know for sure is real is the Ken leak with Pichu, Ivysaur and Pac-Man. Someone MUST have let Nintendo know about it.
Nintendo didn't need anyone to let them know about that leak. It got attention from practically the whole internet.

This is why I'm doubtful on it being the Ken leak. They only had an internal discussion about it now according to this dude?

Honestly the whole thing is shady, like the two people talking about it aren't exactly big in the leak scene from what I can tell. If anyone has more info on them please let us know. For now it just seems like nothing concrete to go off of.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Genkai wo Koeru

Cloud_SSB4.png

Shame the Turtles or Manta didn't end up become the overpowered DLC character...

Last edited by a moderator:

ZelDan

Smash Master
The thing about this pic that always puts me off is that I think it might be a bit too chubby?

If Geno is going to look like any "leaked" photo, I'd hope it'd be closer to the one where he tilts his head back and rolled his eyes.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Here's my thought on the "ruffled feathers" thing, assuming it's true and there's been something leaked that Nintendo just recently found out about:

Either Incineroar isn't in, or what's ruffled feathers is a leak of planned DLC. I've made it pretty obvious in this forum that I believe the box theory and the pattern it follows. An echo character, like Ken, wouldn't "ruffle feathers" the same way a legitimate newcomer would-- and Incineroar was "leaked" months ago. That final spot on the box is someone we haven't been expecting.

In my mind, the final newcomer in this scenario would be someone that hasn't been commonly leaked, someone unexpected. Or, we're going a Mewtwo route, and Nintendo planned on announcing a DLC character before launch-- and that DLC character was recently leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom