• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Considering my boi's unique shield, I wonder how it that will be indicated with him...
He probably won't have it, his egg will just change tint as it always has. Who knows though they could add cracks to the eggshell to indicate shield strength. I could see it as he'd be a special case. As a fellow Yoshi main, I too am quite curious as to how this effect will be applied to the Yoshter.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Please point me to where it was said Nintendo refused to let Retro use the character.
I'm slowly catching up on this thread, and I don't believe anybody answered your question, so without further ado:

At the 5:52 mark. Tanabe discusses how he and Miyamoto came to the conclusion of "does K. Rool really need to return?" and that they asked Retro to come up with new enemies.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm slowly catching up on this thread, and I don't believe anybody answered your question, so without further ado:

At the 5:52 mark. Tanabe discusses how he and Miyamoto came to the conclusion of "does K. Rool really need to return?" and that they asked Retro to come up with new enemies.
This **** is why Miyamoto is a detriment to Nintendo, I'm sure he persuaded Tanabe because of "muh new ideas". Bet he feels really silly now with how huge of a reaction K. Rool's reveal gotten, which at this point, has become the biggest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
He probably won't have it, his egg will just change tint as it always has. Who knows though they could add cracks to the eggshell to indicate shield strength. I could see it as he'd be a special case. As a fellow Yoshi main, I too am quite curious as to how this effect will be applied to the Yoshter.
If it's not applied to Yoshi's shield, I can't tell if it's an advantage to him or not as there's no visual indicator for how strong an attack is PLUS his shield never shrinks like always...

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
Uhm. What's stopping anyone from setting up a random countdown? Is there even any association to Nintendo? So yeah. Not that weird. Easiest explanation often times the best one folks.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
If it's not applied to Yoshi's shield, I can't tell if it's an advantage to him or not as there's no visual indicator for how strong an attack is PLUS his shield never shrinks like always...
They could have the darkness grow from the outside inwards with the amount showing how much damage the egg shield has taken.

That being said, in Yoshi's character video, his shield doesn't seem to darken when Bowser. Jr punches it.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
I mean, Quote has the honor of appearing in a crossover with the most iconic Manga/Anime character of all time, Astro Boy. That's something not even Mario has done yet. He may not be in Smash, but he's gone far.

Last edited:

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
An antvertising video on YouTube from SSBU says that the game will be fully translated (German trailer).
But what does Nintendo understand "fully on [any language]"?

D

Deleted member

I mean, Quote has the honor of appearing in a crossover with the most iconic Manga/Anime character of all time, Astro Boy. That's something not even Mario has done yet. He may not be in Smash, but he's gone far.
So what you're saying is... Astro Boy as a Mega Man Echo?

D

Deleted member

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Shulk, huh? If they insist on posting veterans, they'll run out of them at this rate.

This **** is why Miyamoto is a detriment to Nintendo, I'm sure he persuaded Tanabe because of "muh new ideas". Bet he feels really silly now with how huge of a reaction K. Rool's reveal gotten, which at this point, has become the biggest.
Yeah, it's a wonder he hasn't been barred from doing anything on Paper Mario at this point. If that series dies, he'll be confused as to why.

Why I never thought of sir Daniel Fortesque from MediEvil for Smash Bros being a good repr for Sony dang.
Because Sony doesn't allow Smash to have nice things?

Um, what? Did I miss a conversation from a while back?
Long story short, there's a site that counted down towards a potential Direct reveal this Wednesday. They apparently miscalculated.

Yeah, but Crystal Crisis is a rather weird crossover. That very same game has Johnny Turbo in it. Nicalis has a rather...special, idea of what a crossover is.

I wonder who it is over there that thought "You know what we should do? Make a puzzle game with our stars meeting up with Tezuka's characters!".

That being said, Quote definitely has a chance, assuming that Sakurai takes the various Cave Story re-releases into account and doesn't treat it as a Shovel Knight case.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So weird question that may have been posed before.. In an alternate universe where Sony werent spiteful and vindictive and it was them with a chance of a character in Smash, not Microsoft, which character do you THINK it'd be and which would you WANT it to be?

I'd think itd be Old Man Kratos, but i would want more than Anything Cole Macgrath from Infamous.
For likeliness, probably Kratos

As for want, I gotta believe in my boi Parappa the Rapper.
Not only is he one of the only og Playstation mascots that Sony still owns, but he also helped create an entire genre in Rhythm Games...
Actually, think he's pretty likely in terms of Sony Reps
Also, we need an excuse to get this in a Smash game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I refuse to even open any links someone just leaves here saying "I'm just gonna leave this here" or "guys look at this" or anything along these lines. ****ing tell me what it is about.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
If there is any indie rep that should get in before any other, it’s Quote.
He’s the OG. I’d say he has a somewhat decent chance to be DLC as well. Same with Shantae and Shovel Knight (yes, I still maintain that we’re going to get ATs upgraded to playable status for DLC. Sakurai will find a way).

D

Deleted member

You guys want bad leaks? I'll tear this one apart for ya'll
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/435131354
Alright, a source of mine has some inside info on the game.
Actually a good start. You never want to disclose where that info came from and if you do you're automatically fakr
They know none of you will believe this,
Oh hey they just shot themselves in the foot by playing "no one will believe me but i dont care" card.
so they also told me to mention that the next fighter on the blog will be Mr. Game & Watch.
"The next blog post is X" is the new "the next PotD is X" and it's just as bad
Newcomers:
Skull Kid
Banjo
Elma
Magolor
Geno
This is some pre September Direct-tier leak. What I mean is that it sucks, it has Everyone's Favorite Character to Leak aka Geno. Banko and Skull Kid, Elma for "eh she's talked about but not that talked about" and Magolor because of course we need that one character that won't be in and is not what kills this leak because it died when it said Banjo

Also did I mention no Incineroar?
Echoes:
Ken (Ryu)
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong, has DK's Up-Special)
People really do believe hair and arms work the same way, huh
Shadow (Sonic, has a unique Side-Special and Up-Special)
Yeah sure whatever
Black Shadow (Captain Falcon, uses a moveset inspired by Ganondorf in Melee)
If Dr. Mario is nor an Echo then Melee Ganon is definitely not one either lmao
5 more stages:
Forest Maze (Super Mario RPG)
Man if I didn't know better I'd think Forest Maze is the only area in SMRPG
Spiral Mountain (Banjo-Kazooie)
Ultra Space (Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon)
Me trying to make sense of a Pokemon stage without a new Pokemon is hurting my head
Also, Ultra Space is from Sun and Moon.
Namco Museum (Transforming stage based off several games, includes Pac-Man/Galaga/Dig Dug)
Crafted World (Yoshi's Crafted World)
I'm not even gonna bother with Namco Museum that's just sad
And Crafted World might as well be the Geno of stage leaks

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Astroboy is iconic but calling him the most iconic of all time is a massive stretch

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, if K. Rool was already in Smash back then, I don't think people would care nearly as much that he wasn't in DKCR.

Not the popular opinion around here, but I thought the new enemies were a breath of fresh air. I love the Kremlings, but they've been the antagonists of almost every DK game prior to Returns. Aside from appealing to my nostalgia, bringing back K. Rool wouldn't really bring about any major changes, or at least not to the same degree as the Tiki Tak Tribe and the Snowmads.

I usually disagree with Miyamoto, but I think he made the right call with this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom