• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Cool
Cool, with Heroines as a costume
You know what they say somebodygetit
yeah
sorry, who?
Nice
okay...
bah
Door
Nice
Nice
Nicer
Okay
Okay
YEAH!
YEAH!
Nice
Bill & Lance are from Contra. Considered one of the harder games in general to complete without any losses at all, from the NES era.

D

Deleted member

Bill & Lance are from Contra. Considered one of the harder games in general to complete without any losses at all, from the NES era.
Real talk, I'd absolutely be excited for Bill and Lance in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that a crossover between Mario, Donkey Kong, Spyro and Crash Bandicoot exists, and it is official stuff.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Let’s try something a little new...

What’s your favorite iteration? I’m really liking Ultimate’s version of FD.
I'm torn between Melee's and Smash 4's.

Though the Ultimate one is pretty cool too.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Okay, can I have your attention for a second?

The new episode of the Sun and Moon anime just came out and LOOK AT THIS BOI!
Hangin' out with his youngest fans!

And here!
Trying to cheer up a crying baby!

Incineroar is such a rad Pokemon.
You see, he's a wrestler, and he's "masking" his emotions, right? Either way, I always knew there was a really good side to him, though. Still one of my favorite starters, overall.

Never touch anywhere on his belt, though. Anywhere.

D

Deleted member

It's funny. I hated Incineroar months ago, but seeing people talk it up and also looking into it myself, and now seeing his personality in the anime has made me do a complete 180 on it and actually sort of love it now.

NGL, wasn't expecting that, lol. But I'm completely okay with it, 'cause now I can be just as hyped as everyone else if he gets in. :p

Shroob

Sup?
It's funny. I hated Incineroar months ago, but seeing people talk it up and also looking into it myself, and now seeing his personality in the anime has made me do a complete 180 on it and actually sort of love it now.

NGL, wasn't expecting that, lol. But I'm completely okay with it, 'cause now I can be just as hyped as everyone else if he gets in. :p
This is how most Incineroar support is formed.

First you start with the Owl because "It's cooler"

And then Incineroar grows on you over time.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Y'see! I knew people would warm up to him!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Okay, can I have your attention for a second?

The new episode of the Sun and Moon anime just came out and LOOK AT THIS BOI!
Hangin' out with his youngest fans!

And here!
Trying to cheer up a crying baby!

Incineroar is such a rad Pokemon.
He must be preparing for the Smash Bros promotion conferences and all that publicity stuff

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Incineroar seems to have been able to warm up all of our cold, icy hearts.

Or maybe that's just me... It's normal to have a heart below room temperature, right?
I only need Pit to warm my heart

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Imagine being able to dislike this guy. Just...how? He's so damn goofy and lovable. Yeah yeah "opinions" but...come on
Still looks like it was designed by an edgy kid as a cereal mascot and looks even worse when compared to so many good gen 7 Pokemon tho. I mean, those hands. I can't get over those ridiculous hands, they look extremely amateurish, like they had no idea how to strike a balance between humanoid hands and paws and just went with oversized sausage fingers.

I'm still not over how disappointing he looks after Litten being so cute and cool.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Still looks like it was designed by an edgy kid as a cereal mascot and looks even worse when compared to so many good gen 7 Pokemon tho. I mean, those hands. I can't get over those ridiculous hands, they look extremely amateurish, like they had no idea how to strike a balance between humanoid hands and paws and just went with oversized sausage fingers.

I'm still not over how disappointing he looks after Litten being so cute and cool.
Ok yeah but...come on

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
I think he means the Skylanders games, which have those characters.
If you play the Nintendo version, you can control Bowser, DK, Spyro and Crash in the same game.
It looked cool but not cool enough for me to spend money on Skylanders
I was good to wait for the N. Sane Trilogy

EDIT: Quoted wrong person, mb

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Waluigi/Sephiroth fusion as the villain of Spirits mode
If that brings One Winged Wah to reality, i will sacrifice anything for that.

It looked cool but not cool enough for me to spend money on Skylanders
I was good to wait for the N. Sane Trilogy
As the Crash fan that i am, i got both Skylanders and N Sane (the latter on PS4 and Switch).

I actually enjoyed both.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I mean, I was saying the same things just about a month ago, but if I'm being completely honest...He's probably gonna bring more to the table than the other two would have. As much as I love Primarina, there really isn't a way to make her move around without looking super goofy, and Decidueye doesn't really have a ton that helps him stand out.

Incineroar, though? Smash has lacked a true grappler up until potentially now, and his personality is probably the most stand out of the three. Plus, after letting go of my disappointment of what might have been with Litten, I find I'm warming up (heh) to Incineroar's design. It's kind of like how everyone hated Sonic Boom Knuckles because of his design, but then the cartoon came around and now everyone loves him.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Anyway, going back to something more on-topic, would anyone here love to see a another 50-fact extravaganza? I would definitely dedicate some time to watching another one, as long as the information is interesting at least.

D

Deleted member

Anyway, going back to something more on-topic, would anyone here love to see a another 50-fact extravaganza? I would definitely dedicate some time to watching another one, as long as the information is interesting at least.
Absolutely.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
For any wackos who've actually played these games-

Jenosa Arma (Scurge: Hive)
Ninja (I-Ninja)
Bobby Jenkins (Scaler)
Ty (Ty the Tasmanian Tiger)
De Blob (De Blob)
Kai (Elebits)

Just a few games I feel don't get nearly enough love. I will parrot Scurge: Hive until I get confirmation at least one of you has played it and it actually exists.

D

Deleted member

For any wackos who've actually played these games-

Jenosa Arma (Scurge: Hive)
Ninja (I-Ninja)
Bobby Jenkins (Scaler)
Ty (Ty the Tasmanian Tiger)
De Blob (De Blob)
Kai (Elebits)

Just a few games I feel don't get nearly enough love. I will parrot Scurge: Hive until I get confirmation at least one of you has played it and it actually exists.
De Blob is great.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yeah, it would be the logical direction for another Smash-focused event, imo. Maybe have a reveal at the start, another at the end, and then echoes can be dropped in the middle if any are left.

Xander Mobus was a great host, although hope he tones it down a bit. I don't need to be hyped by small features!

D

Deleted member

Also, just a reminder that one of Incineroar's moves could be him shooting fire from his pelvis.

He will also Zangief T-pose.

And we can merge wrestlemania memes with Tony the Tiger memes.

I don't see the problem here.

beans

Smash Lord
Anything would be better than the nothing we have

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
Also, just a reminder that one of Incineroar's moves could be him shooting fire from his pelvis.

And we can make merge wrestlemania memes with Tony the Tiger memes.

A wrestling archetype in Smash is already more than enough to make me happy. I'm more of a Decidueye guy myself but I'll gladly take Incineroar.

D

Deleted member

Who else besides me likes Pokkén Tournament?

Flyboy

Smash Hero

And we can make merge wrestlemania memes with Tony the Tiger memes.

God I can't wait to main him. There are no downsides here.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just thought of how with the many characters we have, imagine having Ultimate grand finals at the next EVO be :ultisabelle: vs. :ultsnake:. That would be funny, but not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom