• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Super Smash Brothers Meiocrity - Every bad mechanic is here!

You want a game with forced L-cancling, Brawl Tripping, and Smash 4's lack of real single player content? Neutral gameplay will be solely defined by spamming the same move over and over again until one player manages to get in a hit and start an infinite. The only viable stage in the entire game is Smashville which now only has one music track, and the only viable characters will Meta Knight and Bayonetta, who will be so evenly matched that tournament finals between the two always devolve into glorified Taunt Parties! That is, of course, until Goku gets added as DLC at the end of its life cycle, where he'll be so broken even Meta Knight loses to the matchup 0/10. It's truly most underwhelming Smash Brothers experience!

Pre-order now!
That one music track needs to be Environmental Noises, even if it's not an Animal Crossing track.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Does anyone believe we are getting an Adventure mode? Especially since we have not heard about it and it is getting much closer to the game's release? That is why I don't think we are getting an Adventure mode, since we have not heard anything about it, especially if it is as big as the Subspace Emissary. Thing is, I doubt they will show off enough details to fit in a single Direct when it is time for the next Smash Direct to be shown. I could be wrong, but I don't think they will show off all the important details and such before the game's release at this point. Makes me wonder what the Spirits mode could really be. Does anyone think contrary to what I think and believe we could get enough details of an Adventure mode, if there is one, before the game releases?

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
:ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultisabelle:

If the rumors are true, this could possibly be our final roster. How would you rate it from a scale from 1 to 10?
8.18181818/10. Incineroar would feel awkward and hollow without Decidueye and Primarina backing them up, and Chrom exacerbates Roy's semiclone status from a cute fire gimmick into a serious problem. Everything else I either like or have warmed up to.

Hey guys, let me ask: if there was DLC, and they revealed all DLC characters now, and they were all Echoes of other characters, how would you react?
Is Linkle one of them?

Because if so... worth.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't get these Environmental Noises jokes.

It's clearly the best-fitting track in the entire game.

Does anyone believe we are getting an Adventure mode? Especially since we have not heard about it and it is getting much closer to the game's release? That is why I don't think we are getting an Adventure mode, since we have not heard anything about it, especially if it is as big as the Subspace Emissary. Thing is, I doubt they will show off enough details to fit in a single Direct when it is time for the next Smash Direct to be shown. I could be wrong, but I don't think they will show off all the important details and such before the game's release at this point. Makes me wonder what the Spirits mode could really be. Does anyone think contrary to what I think and believe we could get enough details of an Adventure mode, if there is one, before the game releases?
I feel it may be a Melee-esque Adventure mode, or at least something big, or else there'd be no reason to be so secret about it. They could be waiting to show it off since it wasn't in the last game.

If it was trophies/stickers, as I've heard before, you'd think it would be in the Vault.

Last edited:

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
Makes me wonder who's going to be the top dog this time round. I mean, Bayo will still be good, but whose turn is it at the top this time?
Depending on how fast Simon is, I can definitely see him being a contender. That range is insane.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't get these Environmental Noises jokes.

It's clearly the best-fitting track in the entire game.

I feel it may be a Melee-esque Adventure mode, or at least something big, or else there'd be no reason to be so secret about it.

If it was trophies/stickers, as I've heard before, you'd think it would be in the Vault.
Yeah, I do believe a Melee styled adventure mode is more likely than a Subspace Emissary styled Adventure mode, especially at this point.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
SO if the off chance (as dlc) koei tecmo got a rep in smash from one of the Warriors games, which would it be. Lu Bu or Nobunaga..

Also would it be weird to have characters based on real people who actually existed in the world in history as portrayed within a video game in smash? I mean at a stretch we got Dracula as a boss whos based on Vlad III Tepes.

Edit: Fun Fact: Heir to the Throne Prince Charles is a Descendant of Vlad III. Who knew.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'd love it if :ultinkling: were top tier, but not so top tier to the point where she's hated like :ultbayonetta:.
Can you try to give me a reason to like Inkling? I still hold the unpopular opinion that they are boring, and I can't help it.

beans

Smash Lord
:ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultisabelle:

If the rumors are true, this could possibly be our final roster. How would you rate it from a scale from 1 to 10?

I would personally give it a good 8/10. I'm not crazy about a couple additions, but overall, characters like Inkling, the Belmonts, Isabelle, Ken and Incineroar are making me pretty excited to play..
7/10
I'm still salty about Daisy and Dark Samus getting echo slots, cause I cant see a declone process happening to them.
And Im still salty about Incineroar just standing up on 2 legs on the last evolutions cause "oops gotta do it cuz fug it"
i just want typhlosion

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I'd like it if Ganondorf were a top tier character. He and Samus both have had the short end of the stick for every game they've been in (Melee was both of their high points iirc) and these characters are interesting in their own right.

Iridium

Smash Hero
:ultlink: has good range and power, but a bit more speed to what he has now would be nice, and frame data buffs would be appreciated. But literally any buff to his recovery would be great.

D

Deleted member

I'd like it if Ganondorf were a top tier character. He and Samus both have had the short end of the stick for every game they've been in (Melee was both of their high points iirc) and these characters are interesting in their own right.
Throw Zelda in there too while you're at it. Zelda was possibly at her best in Melee, and she's still low tier there.

NineS

Smash Lord
:ultlink: has good range and power, but a bit more speed to what he has now would be nice, and frame data buffs would be appreciated. But literally any buff to his recovery would be great.
I doubt he'll get more speed, considering that's what Toon Link and Young Link are for.

I'm a bit worried about his recovery though. Before Ultimate, if you didn't want to use his up special, you could always tether grab onto a ledge. Not to mention, there was also that neat trick about holding a lit bomb, using his up special, the bomb exploding to give you some air and lets you re-use his up special.
Know he has no tether grab now, but I'm not sure how the un-timed mechanics of Link's bomb will affect the second thing.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Isn't Jiggz the same way too?

D

Deleted member

SO if the off chance (as dlc) koei tecmo got a rep in smash from one of the Warriors games, which would it be. Lu Bu or Nobunaga..

Also would it be weird to have characters based on real people who actually existed in the world in history as portrayed within a video game in smash? I mean at a stretch we got Dracula as a boss whos based on Vlad III Tepes.

Edit: Fun Fact: Heir to the Throne Prince Charles is a Descendant of Vlad III. Who knew.
Honestly, Lana from Hyrule Warriors seems like the best bet, considering that game on the Wii U and even the Switch sold better than most Warriors games, not to mention received better than most Warriors games.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Throw Zelda in there too while you're at it. Zelda was possibly at her best in Melee, and she's still low tier there.
Literally bottom 5 in every tier list she has been in. Even Ganondorf can't claim that. She would probably fare well with dedicated players anyway, at least.

NineS

Smash Lord
Speaking of Tennis Aces, I need the entire rest of the Smash Bros cast to be in it also.

Let me play tennis against Cloud as Kirby, cowards
Mario Kart is far closer to that than Mario Tennis.
I mean, if you were to have a "Mario Kart Ultimate", it'd have a ridiculous amount of crossover characters. Counting the ones we have in Deluxe, there'd also be R.O.B., Pac-Man, the ghosts, etc.

Heck, if you threw in the ones we got from Sports Mix and the Olympics, we'd have a bit of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Sonic characters.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Honestly, Lana from Hyrule Warriors seems like the best bet, considering that game on the Wii U and even the Switch sold better than most Warriors games, not to mention received better than most Warriors games.
I think that mainly comes down to the Zelda brand plastered on it. Take that away and it would have gotten just as mixed reviews... Warriors is a Love it or Hate it kind of deal..

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

I would personally give it a good 8/10. I'm not crazy about a couple additions (*Cough* *Cough*), but overall, characters like Inkling, the Belmonts, Isabelle, Ken and Incineroar are making me pretty excited to play..
7.5/10 looking forward to using Isabelle, Inkling and the Belmonts. I'm not really into using heavyweight characters but I do appreciate seeing Ridley and Rool in the battle. I kinda like how Chrom came out but I kinda wish Dark Samus and Daisy were a bit more semi clone like though the former does look pretty cool.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Speaking of Tennis Aces, I need the entire rest of the Smash Bros cast to be in it also.

Let me play tennis against Cloud as Kirby, cowards
Ganondorf would be perfect for a tennis game

Why won't they give him his energy tennis ball in Smash already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom