• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You're missing the Oracle games, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and TriForce Heroes...
Agh! I thought something was wrong with my list! (But I'm not counting Tri Force Hereos. Sorry)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If Incineroar does hit people with chairs, they better be yellow and purple.

For old time's sake.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Still though, now that my motivation to get a Switch has been killed, kinda sucks I won't be playing Smash for even longer.

No desire to throw down 300 bucks on a system that'll be considered less powerful than the new version in less than a year's time.

...That doesn't make sense at all to what I said.

It's the fact that some people saw PT as a cut possibly, that only Charizard would return for 4. This isn't something a ton of people saw, so of course Charizard coming back wasn't really expected by the majority of the fanbase. You made the assertion that nobody could see it coming. This is false. Yes, some did. I agree with the idea that he wasn't easy to expect(why on earth people thought he somehow counted as a newcomer when he was clearly just a veteran returning while the rest of his partners didn't is the weird part instead). If you're making another point, I don't legitimately know what it is.
Lol my initial argument wasn't whether Charizard was expected or not, it was the fact that every Smash Direct has had at least two unique reveals. The other person said Charizard didn't count but I argued against that.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
See, this makes no sense to me.

How many arrow attacks are in Smash right now? Pit, Dark Pit, Link... Zelda's final smash?

Now... how many wrestling-like moves exist in the game right now?
- Ganondorf's choke grab
- Kirby's grabs
- Charizard's Seismic Toss
- K. Rool's up (?) throw
- Ridley dragging the enemy across the floor
- Bowser's side B
Jigglypuff and Snake both use suplexes as their back throws! Not sure if Snake's Bthrow was changed but it certainly was that in Brawl. There's also DK's cargo throw as well. Stuff like this is why I can never be sold on Incineroar, he just overlaps with Bowser way too hard and I'm not a fan of his design at all no matter how much TCPI tries to make him cool in the anime.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lol my initial argument wasn't whether Charizard was expected or not, it was the fact that every Smash Direct has had at least two unique reveals. The other person said Charizard didn't count but I argued against that.
It depends what you even mean by unique, then. Unique playstyle? If so, yeah, that makes sense.

However, neither are characters that were new regardless for the people. We know of Bowser Jr. and one's a vet. So both arguments can be made that only one unique reveal was done(Greninja and Mewtwo, as the rest were already known characters). "Unique as in playstyle only" is a different kind of argument. Sounds like you both meant different things, then, heh.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I agree. SMB3 is not that great. I'm not sorry, I just don't get its legacy outside of the McDonald toys and The Wizard promotion. I played it 2-3 years ago and found it blegh...
Here comes my legendary condescension to sum up this opinion:

pfffffft HAHAHAHA

No. As TTTTTsd TTTTTsd pointed out not too long ago, SMB3's influence extends far and wide in the platforming genre, even beyond the scope of its own series. I can't even begin to tell you what I see in modern gaming that has its DNA because that would be a loooooooooong list spanning years and games and explanations that would be the equivalent of a thesis. Fine if you don't like the game proper (which, admittedly, would still prolly earn a laugh or three outta me in my book), but to say that you don't see its impact just goes beyond the pale of not-so blissful ignorance and almost constitutes the equivalent of ****-posting in my eyes. Like you're trying to just make egregious claims for the sake of making them. Not a good look.

God, so many posts worth replying to, I can't keep up.
You know, I debated on the merit of your post wondering the same exact thing. I hope you learned something worthwhile, and that maybe putting a little more thought into your opinions might spare you the ignominy.

Smooth Criminal

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
That's fine. I wasn't planning on having every game present.
Alrighty then...

1. Majora's Mask
2. Wind Waker
3. A Link to the Past
4. A Link Between Worlds
5. Skyward Sword
6. Breath of the Wild
7. Ocarina of Time
8. Minish Cap
9. Link's Awakening
10. Spirit Tracks
11. Zelda 2
12. Twilight Princess
13. Oracle of Seasons
14. Oracle of Ages
15. Zelda 1
16. Phantom Hourglass

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You're right that he never did that BUT GODDAMN HE SHOULD HAVE HIS ****ING CONCEPT ART HAS HIM SMACK **** WITH A CHAIR HOW DO YOU **** THIS UP GAME FREAK
I mean you can see him use a table in the concept art.

A chair isn't that far off from a table. :p
Yeah sure, as soon as I see he follows through with that concept art I'll believe in his furniture related weaponry. Until then, I suspect Gamefreak and whoever makes the S/M anime to be complete cowards who can't keep this heel kayfabe up.

Still though, now that my motivation to get a Switch has been killed, kinda sucks I won't be playing Smash for even longer.

No desire to throw down 300 bucks on a system that'll be considered less powerful than the new version in less than a year's time.
I could not imagine living without playing Smash on release. At least you'll have some Dlc to play with by that time.

It depends what you even mean by unique, then. Unique playstyle? If so, yeah, that makes sense.

However, neither are characters that were new regardless for the people. We know of Bowser Jr. and one's a vet. So both arguments can be made that only one unique reveal was done(Greninja and Mewtwo, as the rest were already known characters). "Unique as in playstyle only" is a different kind of argument. Sounds like you both meant different things, then, heh.
Unique as in they are their own character.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Let's play a little. What would be your choices?

View attachment 168051
Fun! Though when I did this, I didn't realize until saving that I did one in mid-August.

EDIT:

I'd respond, instead of editing, but somehow your post time-travelled to before mine (looks like 3 posts before mine on my end) and I don't want to accidentally double post. Could make a template, though I just used the one by cothero cothero .

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I kind of figured that a bit later.

Just saying you two meant different things. They meant unique as in "an entirely new character the fanbase didn't already know was in the game or is a veteran" and you just meant "unique character at the time". Different points, that's all.

Also, please don't double post. Edit your messages instead. :)

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I never cared about incineroar in Smash...but the more I think about it.. the more I actually want him in.

Being a big wrestling themed tiger who pelvic thrusts fire at pepole sound's pretty bada** to me.. I'm personally on that bandwagon gimme da rasslin kitty.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've been looking back and I feel bad Samus, lots of veterans have gotten added stuff to make them better, Ike is getting a different playstyle and Bowser's Tough Guy armour is buffed to a decent point and there's Links reworks. Meanwhile Samus is all "The game admits her jab is terrible and would rather not fix it" with no reworks possible

Shroob

Sup?
I could not imagine living without playing Smash on release. At least you'll have some Dlc to play with by that time.

I live on a ridiculously tight budget, and I don't see the merits of throwing down almost a third of a grand on a system that'll be outdated in less than a year. Even for Smash.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai really does pay attention to the fans!
Has he taken a break since 2011?
He was working on Kid Icarus: Uprising. Immediately after that he began Super Smash Bros for Wii U & 3DS in 2012, which continued to receive DLC until 2015 when he began development on Super Smash Bros Ultimate, which continues development to this day and will likely received DLC after it's release.

The people who accuse him of being lazy under any circumstances.........I'll get in trouble here if I say what I really think about them...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Has he taken a break since 2011?
He was working on Kid Icarus: Uprising. Immediately after that he began Super Smash Bros for Wii U & 3DS in 2012, which continued to receive DLC until 2015 when he began development on Super Smash Bros Ultimate, which continues development to this day and will likely received DLC after it's release.

The people who accuse him of being lazy under any circumstances.........I'll get in trouble here if I say what I really think about them...
...it was a joke about him paying attention to our stupid theories...

Last edited:

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Can someone remind me about the details of the leak(s) that came with the "Switch Pro" leak before?

Shroob

Sup?
Can someone remind me about the details of the leak(s) that came with the "Switch Pro" leak before?
Steve? from Minecraft being in, and a Granblue Fantasy character being 'in talks' for DLC.

I have ZERO idea how the leaker would know who and what is "In talks" with Nintendo in regards to DLC.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Steve? from Minecraft being in, and a Granblue Fantasy character being 'in talks' for DLC.

I have ZERO idea how the leaker would know who and what is "In talks" with Nintendo in regards to DLC.
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they make up that part. Leakers do make up crap sometimes. However, the Steve? bit sounds far more credible and realistic in comparison. And the user is clearly showing credibility. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't mind having both in, though. Though I guess I'm fairly openminded, so that's probably why, heh.

D

Deleted member

Alright so Metroid fans, how would you rank these Metroid titles?
Metroid 1
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Prime 3
Metroid Samus Returns

My rankings:
  1. Metroid Prime
  2. Super Metroid
  3. Metroid Samus Returns
  4. Metroid Fusion
  5. Metroid Prime 2
  6. Metroid Zero Mission
  7. Metroid Prime 3
  8. Metroid 1

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Charizard is way more similar to Bowser then Incineroar could possibly ever be. I'll admit that all three will still probably be fairly similar in play style, but Incineroar could easily be different enough to justify his inclusion.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Alright so Metroid fans, how would you rank these Metroid titles?
Metroid 1
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Prime 3
Metroid Samus Returns

My rankings:
  1. Metroid Prime
  2. Super Metroid
  3. Metroid Samus Returns
  4. Metroid Fusion
  5. Metroid Prime 2
  6. Metroid Zero Mission
  7. Metroid Prime 3
  8. Metroid 1
1. Super
2. Zero Mission
3. Prime
4. Fusion
5. Prime 3
6. Returns
7. 1
8. Prime 2

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder if they’ll put all the past Smash memory posts on the English website

D

Deleted member

You guys need to stop crapping on Incineroar.

Seriously stop it.

No really stop! Your hate is making him too strong!

HE'S OUT OF CONTROL!

STOP IT!

STO-
Amy stronger and he'll gain self-awareness. Just like Monika.

D

Deleted member

Those who think we already have characters that cover the same niche as Incineroar....

Do we have any characters like King yet?

Bear in mind who is part of Smash's development team....the Tekken crew.....

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon

According to a friend of mine, Senjougahara_hitagi leaked a Granblue fighting game being made by Arcsys.

As soon as they get out of their game, I'll update.

Edit: Found it

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/9eloaw/new_samsho_trailer/e5q72i8/
I remember that being said. That source could be within Cygames, and if they are I wouldn't be surprised if they also know about Cygames talking to Nintendo about Smash DLC.

Regardless, one of Hitagi's claims is (somewhat) verified today, so they're worth keeping an eye on (as if they weren't already).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I remember that being said. That source could be within Cygames, and if they are I wouldn't be surprised if they also know about Cygames talking to Nintendo about Smash DLC.

Regardless, one of Hitagi's claims is (somewhat) verified today, so they're worth keeping an eye on (as if they weren't already).
This is what I'm thinking as well.

They're leaking all this Granblue related stuff which seems odd as hell, unless they have a source within Cygames. Granblue is such an unknown property outside of Japan, but Cygames has recently shown a much more passionate feeling of wanting the property to get known outside of Japan.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Those who think we already have characters that cover the same niche as Incineroar....

Do we have any characters like King yet?

Bear in mind who is part of Smash's development team....the Tekken crew.....
If there's going to be a Tekken character, it's going to be Heihachi, Kazuya, or Jin. In that order of likeliness.

D

Deleted member

If there's going to be a Tekken character, it's going to be Heihachi, Kazuya, or Jin. In that order of likeliness.
....What is it with people lately and not being able to read?

Start from the beginning....read slowly this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom