• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Because the story and characters are oretty bad
Okay, so if the original Xenoblade Chronicles story was so good, then Xenoblade Chronicles 2 should have NEVER explained why Klaus did what he did with the conduit, how he got the power, what the Monado REALLY is, and why Shulk's and Rex and Pyra's universes exist in the first place. Right?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
What is Dahlia?
A literal playboy bunny with a borderline hentai spin put on it.

Add an icy element as her reason for not wearing any clothes (she isn't cold). One of her quests is started by a little boy wanting to touch her melons.

D

Deleted member

I'm just so tired of the same arguments (Suppose I shouldn't be surprised considering how this thread has been in the past), being spewed over and over again. Anytime 2 is brought up.
I feel you man. People are ridiculous with XC2, but then again this board has known to be ridiculous with a lot of things, so I'm not surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Okay, so if the original Xenoblade Chronicles story was so good, then Xenoblade Chronicles 2 should have NEVER explained why Klaus did what he did with the conduit, how he got the power, what the Monado REALLY is, and why Shulk's and Rex and Pyra's universes exist in the first place. Right?
Watch the spoilers please? I have yet to play the game

and I’ve been inadvertently been spoiled on Nia being a Blade all along, Vandham’s death, and Pneuma’s existence...

And Malos having a Monado if that also counts

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm just so tired of the same arguments (Suppose I shouldn't be surprised considering how this thread has been in the past), being spewed over and over again. Anytime 2 is brought up.
Honestly, seeing people complain about Pyra's design is making me nostalgic. It's a nice change from the typical arguments about Vergeben, the box theory, and other popular rumors.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I feel you man. People are ridiculous with XC2, but then again this board has known to be ridiculous with a lot of things, so I'm not surprised.
On another lewd note, someone here managed to get away with having a lewd avatar before getting banned.

Thankfully I wasn't around when that happened, but I bet it was just a full-frontal nude pic rather than hardcore sex. Wouldn't surprise me, with how fickle this board tends to be.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Speaking about Zenoblade...What’s it about? I know nothing about it except graphics and character design look cool
Oh, I also know Nintendo needed to stop spending that much time on Xenoblade 2 in the direct. Way too long, Nintendo lol.

D

Deleted member

On another lewd note, someone here managed to get away with having a lewd avatar before getting banned.

Thankfully I wasn't around when that happened, but I bet it was just a full-frontal nude pic rather than hardcore sex.
Your joking. You have to be.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
A literal playboy bunny with a borderline hentai spin put on it.

Add an icy element as her reason for not wearing any clothes (she isn't cold). One of her quests is started by a little boy wanting to touch her melons.
This sounds like real quality storytelling. Just A+.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Let the man have his opinion, not scott. :239: Also that comment made literally no sense.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, seeing people complain about Pyra's design is making me nostalgic. It's a nice change from the typical arguments about Vergeben, the box theory, and other popular rumors.
Ah yes, when standing in dog urine, I wax poetically about when I used to stand in pig urine instead...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
What the **** are you going on about?

Chrono.

I think Pyra's design is terrible.

I also think XC2 is a pretty fantastic package all things considered.

But people are also allowed to not like the game for X and Y reason. And not being a fan of Pyra or Rex's designs is a pretty valid reason to not give the game a shot.

D

Deleted member

Watch the spoilers please? I have yet to play the game

and I’ve been inadvertently been spoiled on Nia being a Blade all along, Vandham’s death, and Pneuma’s existence...
Sorry, I just need to go hard on these people with some facts lmao

Says the Xenoblade 2 fan.
:4pacman:
With Final Fantasy XV, you have to buy cut content as DLC that was detrimental to the main game's story, had to understand not much of the beginning with a movie and understand the characters with an anime, and THEN understand the main game.

That's some "top RPG of this generation" quality, huh?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Speaking about Zenoblade...What’s it about? I know nothing about it except graphics and character design look cool
Oh, I also know Nintendo needed to stop spending that much time on Xenoblade 2 in the direct. Way too long, Nintendo lol.
Each game is separate; they aren't so much direct sequels to one another as similar games using a similar battle system drowning in anime tropes.

In general, they're about enormous worlds being somehow rendered on underpowered consoles, in which you explore to phenomenal music. XC1 had Shulk, XCX had flying robots and XC2 has boobies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
This sounds like real quality storytelling. Just A+.
Yeah it was sure something else to witness as a random cutscene...

XC2 is honestly a good game. It's just really hard to see it as good when you can't take anything seriously with the character design.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
By the way, top five JRPGs this gen are Persona 5, Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy XV, Ocotpath Traveler, and Valkyria Chronicles 4
I’d argue the two most recent Trails of Cold Steel games up there too, but they’re only out in Japan currently.

But 7 games of previous continuity all having effects before them and aaaa so good. Ok I’ll stop trying to talk about my Niche jrpg series in here I already am in my signature advertising it :p.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Each game is separate; they aren't so much direct sequels to one another as similar games using a similar battle system drowning in anime tropes.

In general, they're about enormous worlds being somehow rendered on underpowered consoles, in which you explore to phenomenal music. XC1 had Shulk, XCX had flying robots and XC2 has boobies.
Despite me not playing XB2 yet I already still enjoy it (in spite of me being spoiled on some things like previously mentioned)

Because I just love Xenoblade as a whole. c:

D

Deleted member

What the **** are you going on about?
Klaus and his motivations were explained poorly at the end of the original Xenoblade. That had to be the biggest plot hole of them all, and
Xenoblade 2 had to explain it in full. Why Alvis is a part of the trinity processor alongside Malos and Pyra/Mythra, the source of the Monado's power, etc.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman

But people are also allowed to not like the game for X and Y reason. And not being a fan of Pyra or Rex's designs is a pretty valid reason to not give the game a shot.
Rex's is woefully generic. I think Pyra's could be fine with a bit of adjustment.

As for validity, well, people just get to make their choices, at the end of the day.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I like girls. I even like anime girls sometimes.

But Dahlia...

Dahlia hurts my soul...
Wait. Wait. Waitwaitwaitwaitwait.

I just googled "Dahlia Xenoblade" and I thought this couldn't possibly be from the actual game.

Shroob

Sup?
The thing is, as soon as Rex+Pyra get into Smash, Sakurai will 'fix' her design to fit into an E+10 just like he did Bayonetta and Female Corrin.

Dem booty shorts are a Final Smash on their own.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait. Wait. Waitwaitwaitwaitwait.

I just googled "Dahlia Xenoblade" and I thought this couldn't possibly be from the actual game.
Sadly yes

How does she not throw out her back?!

D

Deleted member

I can't really say much about Xenoblade. It's a series that is still sitting on my To Play list, unfortunately.

I will say that a lot of the character designs in XB2 are a bit of a turn off to me. Some characters look fine, and others...yeesh. Not my cup of tea at all, and IMO some of the worst designs to ever come out of Nintendo.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

And I have no problem with that.
I'm not forcing people to like what I and others like, I'm just tired of seeing the same arguments whenever the game is brought up.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sorry, I just need to go hard on these people with some facts lmao
That is definitely not a fact.

Klaus and his motivations were explained poorly at the end of the original Xenoblade. That had to be the biggest plot hole of them all, and
Xenoblade 2 had to explain it in full. Why Alvis is a part of the trinity processor alongside Malos and Pyra/Mythra, the source of the Monado's power, etc.
If it wasn't explained in its entirety, isn't the sequel a point to improve upon the foundation of what was left before then? :drshrug: It doesn't make the story less valuable because of a plot hole, it just means it can be expanded upon in the next story if something wasn't explained properly. Besides, you're comparing lore to plot. Whatever Klaus did, he did, but his motives doesn't affect the overall plot and the characters.

You're not calling Xenoblade an inferior story, you're calling Klaus an inferior character compared to his appearance in the second game.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
@Alastor017 Whilst everyone else was freaking out, they forgot mods existed (Can’t blame them. They where in the moment. I almost forgot to.) I contacted a mod and they handled it quickly. Thanks mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom