• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Badly.

I'm not deep in competitive either, but I do know that Decidueye is really not good competitively.

You'll have to ask someone else for the specifics, though.
Understatement, which is a shame because I think its the best-designed grass starter.

The anchor is better because its a freak.

Its just about the thing but better, the only thing the owl does better is arguably having a wider move pool but who cares? Long Reach is one of the worst abilities in the game. Don't @ me.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The saddest thing is, I think Incineroar powercreeped Arcanine out of the spot for "Physical attacking Fire-type that has Intimidate."

kylexv

Smash Master
VGC has always had a pool of, like, ten Pokemon that overshadow pretty much every other Pokemon in the format, excluding gimmick or niche cases. Incineroar just happened to be in that pool of ten last year, mostly because of Intimidate.

The saddest thing is, I think Incineroar powercreeped Arcanine out of the spot for "Physical attacking Fire-type that has Intimidate."
Which is weird, considering Arcanine has a higher BST and higher speed.
Guess having Fake-Out, U-Turn, and Dark-type STAB beats it out.

Also, Landorus-T is basically the Bayonetta of Pokemon.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Undoubtedly Fakeout and STABed KNOCK OFF

BODYBAGGED

Also Powertrip....

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
GameFreak really needs to add a special attack version of Intimidate...

Which reminds me, I need to break out the Action Replay again to change a certain Pokemon’s Ability...

Noipoi

Howdy!
VGC has always had a pool of, like, ten Pokemon that overshadow pretty much every other Pokemon in the format, excluding gimmick or niche cases. Incineroar just happened to be in that pool of ten last year, mostly because of Intimidate.
300px-Darkest_Lariat_VII.png

To be fair, the mighty T-pose is pretty intimidating.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Seeing the Congratulations screens from Smash 64 made me realize that a concept art book in Smash Ultimate would be the coolest thing ever.
Seeing as Nintendo seems to be making more artbooks these days I really hope we get a nice big one for Smash's 20th anniversary that includes concept art and production notes for each game in the series. To my knowledge they've never released any concept work for Smash at all and there's some stuff I'm dying to see, like stage designs and character redesign processes (ex. Mega Man, Ridley, Roy, Wolf, etc.).

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I dont much follow competitive Pokemon so may i ask where Decidueye is in ranking?
Decidueye is mediocre competitively speaking.

There are some flaws to Decidueye that prevents it from being that viable, but I don’t really know.

Incineroar is the best out of the three starters for doubles due to it’s Intimidate and some other moves that it has. It’s basically a better Arcanine apparently.

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
A newcomer reveal on an anniversary?

That be a first one.
Don't get you're hopes up.
Little Mac was revealed on the 30th anniversary of the North American release of "Punch Out." Still, to my knowledge, he's been the only newcomer revealed on an anniversary so far.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I was completely neutral on Incineroar as a Pokemon before this cycle of speculation.

But I've honestly grown to love the big lug due to all the exposure to him I've had now, it's a lot like Greninja.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A newcomer reveal on an anniversary?

That be a first one.
Don't get you're hopes up.
On the other hand, showing off a veteran's reveal on the site itself is pretty normal. Though there's no real pattern for the showcases to begin with(beyond the 2-3 reveals per week anyway).

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Honestly, I was completely neutral on Incineroar as a Pokemon before this cycle of speculation.

But I've honestly grown to love the big lug due to all the exposure to him I've had now, it's a lot like Greninja.
I used to hate how his hands looked. But he's grown on me too.

And I enjoy thinking about what kinds of moves he'll have. We've never had a character in Smash use the wrestler archetype, and the closest we've ever gotten so far are K. Rool's up throw, Kirby's back and forward throws, Fox's forward smash in 64, and R.O.B.'s tombstone. His throws are going to be works of art if he's in. I hope his forward throw is a choke slam with combo potential.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Well thats sort of the point, what was hot then will not be hot at the time Smash is released, and having a character in just to appeal to the kids playing whatever that is now would kind of be pointless cuz they'll have moved onto something else.
This is what people said about Pokemon... Not specifically for Smash but in general. That because something is no longer a giant phenomenon that it's dead and no one cares about it anymore. Minecraft is no longer this huge thing it used to be, but it's not dead. And it's still doing pretty well.

Yeah I remember after Gold and Silver people were calling Pokemon a flash-in-the-pan and that it's gone and done... Except it wasn't. And it's still going on. I think that's what will happen with Minecraft. I don't know for sure. I've never played the game.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Speaking of Black Doom from a couple pages back

He had an awesome design

Hes literally Zeiram.
If only we lived in the timeline where sonic team knew how to make great games consistently and used there characters well.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Looks like we got blog post about new AC assist trophy

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Some people thought Steve might get announced at Minecon then he didn’t. That’s really it.

Anyone who watched know what that “thing we can’t talk about yet” was?
Probably the new game, Minecraft Dungeons.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Looks like we got blog post about new AC assist trophy
Please let this be a normal field trip...
With Kapp'n? No way!
oooh...

Chrono.

Hey guys when the final smash direct was over how salty was the smashboards
I only hung at the Nintenzone thread but it wasn't that bad.

Except for a guy or two who left a huge rant on "Bayonetta ruining the integrity of Smash Bros."

Shroob

Sup?
But yeah, if we get 2 characters this week, blog theory is looking pretty dire.

Granted, it's about damn time. We should have gotten most of these items/assists back in August/late September; now they're going to use October as their dumping ground for playing Direct catch-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom