• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also :ultshulk: is Doctor Strange I will accept no other alternative

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But Shulk can see the future tho
Techinically, he's just using the Time stone for that; he can use his other magic without any kind of source, but needs to have the time stone to modify time. Plus, Robin can get glimpses of the future whenever they want; they fought alongside their child from the future along many others!

Plus, seeing the future's over-rated. Didn't help Bardock at all.

bbybae

Smash Cadet
:ultsimon: is Spiderman because, uh, it's the closest we have to web swinging okay?

Wong is Robin then.

They don't fit as Captain or a leadership role though.
compromise: little mac is pre-transformation Steve Rogers and then becomes Captain Falcon afterward

or maybe its Minecraft Steve Rogers ...

D

Deleted member

<snip>
smh you guys made me look this **** up, so much effort
Now find out how many Full Moons there are; how many months have Blue moons (if applicable), any Solar or Lunar eclipses, and whether the Age of Aquarious is in the correct house to dance or not.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
If Steve gets in he's Thanos

Steve in Creative Mode = Infinity Gauntlet. That's just how it is

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I'm curious, how would you guys react if Master Chief made it in as a playable character?
I know a lot of people would be hype, but at that point you'd have to stretch the Smash Bros parameters so far you might as well just include practically any video game character. I think Smash should be a celebration of Nintendo history and I can take some stretches like Cloud to celebrate video games broadly speaking; but Master Chief? He has almost no Nintendo history at all and there are many more deserving characters over him.

If Smash was purely a "vidya game fighta simulator" a la Mugen, then yes he 100% should be in. But as things stand, my philosophy is firmly in line with what Smash has always been about...and thus, no. Wouldn't be ok with it.

Untouch

Smash Master
I was thinking, if a Dragon Quest character was to get in, there would only be 2 songs obviously, but what 2 songs?
Dragon Quest Overture seems like more of a trailer song similarly to how Cloud's trailer had the intro to FF7 while it isn't ingame.

DQ3 battle theme, obviously, it's one of the more iconic themes from the series...

Maybe the DQ8 battle theme too?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
One of the reasons Marvel vs Capcom worked so well was that they both have realistic, mature characters. You have ones like Viewtiful Joe and Rocket here and there but mostly their visual style don't clash with each other much, especially thanks to great art direction of 3.

Nintendo vs Marvel/Capcom wouldn't worked so well imo, but it's interesting to think about.
Nintendo vs Capcom would be amazing. Don't lie to yourself.
I was very particular, emphasizing being a cross over in gaming. Playstation tried--and failed, as they couldn't get many iconic characters, and even couldn't get the ones iconic to Playstation (which, Smash ironically does have some). And boy would I love to see the dumpster fire if Microsoft ever tried: Master Chief vs a Forza car.

EDIT:

I understood it was partly in jest, so I assumed he was talking about Jump Force. Project X Zone is a crossover of some video game franchises, but still goes to my point that only Nintendo could pull of something as extensive as Smash. You'll never see Mario in a PS/Xbox crossover, but we're seeing Sony and Microsoft content seeping into Smash. And it's due to Nintendo's legacy they can pull that off.

EDIT: Apparently it's Jump Ultimate Stars, see below. 305 characters is quite a lot, but still not video games.
Some Sega fighting game had the Daytona USA car as a character. And it worked out well.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If my girl Elma is in she’ll be Captain Marvel sorry I don’t make the rules

Also who’s Ant-Man? Black Panther? Nebula?

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
I know a lot of people would be hype, but at that point you'd have to stretch the Smash Bros parameters so far you might as well just include practically any video game character. I think Smash should be a celebration of Nintendo history and I can take some stretches like Cloud to celebrate video games broadly speaking; but Master Chief? He has almost no Nintendo history at all and there are many more deserving characters over him.

If Smash was purely a "vidya game fighta simulator" a la Mugen, then yes he 100% should be in. But as things stand, my philosophy is firmly in line with what Smash has always been about...and thus, no. Wouldn't be ok with it.
I think Chief matters as much to VG history as Cloud, if not more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom