• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I honestly can't even imagine them revealing more then one unique newcomer in a regular Direct. Maybe one echo fighter and one unique fighter.

The only reason we got two trailers in the Smash Direct is because, well, it was a Smash Direct.
So visiting music theory here, we are missing songs from these series:
:ultpikachu::ultpit::ultfox::ultsonic::ultness::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultshulk::ultlittlemac::ultpacman:*
Assuming the music theory is true, I can't wait to see who our new Wii Fit rep is!
Wii Fit Balance Board hype!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Just checked the data behind the blog, the Pikmin music update is #146. Bowser's for reference was #142, which we know now was intended for later this week. That confirms that the Pikmin music wasn't for this week and they intentionally skipped to next week's music update likely to hide whatever new character got music this week.
Thanks for clarifying. If that's the case, here is the series without music

Star Fox
Pokemon
Earthbound
Wario
Kid Icarus
Sonic
Animal Crossing
Punch Out
Xenoblade
Bayonetta
(I'm leaving out G&W, IC, Duck Hunt and ROB)

My guess is it's either a character from Pokemon, Xenoblade or a new series. I think since the music relates, you can rule out Bandana Dee, Skull Kid and Geno.

D

Deleted member

:ultpikachu::ultpit::ultfox::ultsonic::ultness::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultshulk::ultlittlemac::ultpacman:*

:ultpacman: might be covered via Galaga remix since they're sorta related in Smash.

These series have the same number of song as in Smash 4, so they might not have any new songs to show off: :ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultgnw:

This guy doesn't usually have music: :ultrob:

:ultduckhunt: has a confirmed new remix, but it is in the 'Other' category that may be already covered by Noisy Notebook.

We have 12 more music updates until release. That covers all of the currently missing series exactly. If Pac-Man and Duck Hunt are already covered, then we have spots for 2 more series.
We have exactly 12 more music updates if they do one a week until December 7th.

Nah it's actually Biggie VS Tupac. Trust me my dad is a purple chair.
That's way more credible. I think this guy's got insider info.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Rex will be in no doubts as a DLC character that is.

The whole point about Rex being in a sequel also applies to Elma as her game was the most recent when the first draft of the proposal plan was being made
Elma being a late addition would only boost her chances for smash imo, what better way to get people familiar with a character who's game is kind of irrelevant than adding them to the new one right before smash comes out.

And I think most people are in agreement that rex isn't happening cause he missed the timing for the project plan. Pyra's VA could have been referring to anything.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 started planning back in 2014. There is also the fact you have a ton of content from games released in 2017

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I honestly can't even imagine them revealing more then one unique newcomer in a regular Direct. Maybe one echo fighter and one unique fighter.

The only reason we got two trailers in the Smash Direct is because, well, it was a Smash Direct.

Assuming the music theory is true, I can't wait to see who our new Wii Fit rep is!
Wii Fit Balance Board hype!
We must be thinking two different music theories.

All I'm suggesting is that we're getting one music track per series.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If only Meowth wasn't deconfirmed as once again a Poke Ball...

Mario vs. Bowser
Donkey Kong vs. King K. Rool
Link vs. Ganondorf
Samus vs. Ridley
Yoshi vs. Kamek
Kirby vs. Meta Knight
Fox vs. Wolf
Pikachu vs. Meowth
Luigi vs. King Boo
Ness vs. Porky Minch
Captain Falcon vs. Black Shadow
Jigglypuff vs. ???

Last edited:

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
My guess is it's either a character from Pokemon, Xenoblade or a new series. I think since the music relates, you can rule out Bandana Dee, Skull Kid and Geno.
Music does not deconfirmed a character at all cmon that's just dumb

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
My personal bet is Skull Kid. It was probably orginally going to be Isaac but decided to reveal him later due to his relation to earthquakes. Like I can only imagine how many people will be tastelessly saying how the earthquake predicted Isaac. Do we really need that...? :glare:
I’d say the same, but they’d actually have to change a lot since they’re organized by order of reveal.

They’d have to change their unreleased website layouts, along with a bunch of stuff in the actual game. They’d also have to make new layouts for the mural.

I think whoever was intended to be revealed last week will be revealed in the direct, Isaac or not.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’d say the same, but they’d actually have to change a lot since they’re organized by order of reveal.

They’d have to change their unreleased website layouts, along with a bunch of stuff in the actual game. They’d also have to make new layouts for the mural.

I think whoever was intended to be revealed last week will be revealed in the direct, Isaac or not.
Best brace ourselves for those insensitive tasteless folks then if its Isaac...-_-

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Star Fox
Pokemon
Earthbound
Wario
Kid Icarus
Sonic
Animal Crossing
Punch Out
Xenoblade
Bayonetta

By that logic Ken, Dark Samus and Black Shadow are also ruled out. I don’t put too much stock in this theory myself

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
We must be thinking two different music theories.

All I'm suggesting is that we're getting one music track per series.
Oh, sorry, I wasn't making fun of you. I missed that you used the term "music theory" yourself.

Shroob

Sup?
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 started planning back in 2014. There is also the fact you have a ton of content from games released in 2017
"Ton"

Besides Pokemon, which gets special treatment, and Lil'Judd on Moray Towers, which probably took a day at most, what is there?

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Time to make the riskiest prediction ever: Elma (68), Xenoblade X stage, Isabelle (45e), either Waddle Dee or Black Shadow (possibly 69 for either, or 11e for Black Shadow)

I prefer risky bets over safe bets tyvm

In fact when Shulk was revealed in that JP only direct I actually had a feeling a newcomer would be revealed the day before. And I was right!
Bit late on this, but I'll totally go down with you on this prediction.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

:ultpacman: might be covered via Galaga remix since they're sorta related in Smash.

These series have the same number of song as in Smash 4, so they might not have any new songs to show off: :ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultgnw:

This guy doesn't usually have music: :ultrob:

:ultduckhunt: has a confirmed new remix, but it is in the 'Other' category that may be already covered by Noisy Notebook.

We have 12 more music updates until release. That covers all of the currently missing series exactly. If Pac-Man and Duck Hunt are already covered, then we have spots for 2 more series.
I will say that if we narrow it down to series with the most potential for a newcomer it would be :ultpikachu::ultpit::ultsonic::ultness::ultvillager::ultshulk:. As honestly I don't expect a Star Fox rep that isn't Krystal and she's deconfirmed. Wario has a bit of potential with choices, but the popular ones like Waluigi and Ashley are out of the running. WFT, Little Mac, and Pac Man are just fine by themselves. Though there is a chance of a ms pacman echo.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
That Pikmin remix omg I love it new pikmin character confirmed????

I hope the selection of Pikmin tracks is better this time around. The series has some real bangers but the majority of the songs in Brawl and 4 were the more relaxing/peaceful ones. Would love to see some of the battle themes show up or at least see more remixes like the one we just got.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Star Fox
Pokemon
Earthbound
Wario
Kid Icarus
Sonic
Animal Crossing
Punch Out
Xenoblade
Bayonetta

By this logic we should rule out Castlevania since it had music uploaded the same time as the Direct lol.

No Simon or Richter for us.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Music does not deconfirmed a character at all cmon that's just dumb
By that logic Ken, Dark Samus and Black Shadow are also ruled out. I don’t put too much stock in this theory myself
The Pikmin music was meant for next week based on the numbering of post, so its safe to assume that this week's was suppose to be for the character who was to be shown off last week. Since there is only one song per series, its unlikely the character will be one from a series that already has a song. This rules out Mario, Zelda and Kirby right off the bat.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Gosh, what a weird spot for Smash speculation. We've always known that there would be more stuff, but to sort of know how much we might get from the Direct, yet not knowing when this info will be dropped is so... alien.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The Pikmin music was meant for next week based on the numbering of post, so its safe to assume that this week's was suppose to be for the character who was to be shown off last week. Since there is only one song per series, its unlikely the character will be one from a series that already has a song. This rules out Mario, Zelda and Kirby right off the bat.
As much as I want Incineroar, I 'really' doubt we're getting the Pokemon newcomer just off of a gut feeling.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Their designs weren't even finalized until 2016, Pokemon is pretty much the only special case in this regard, and a pokemon is a lot more simple than a character from an RPG as big as Xenoblade.

Content doesn't equal characters, making a stage is presumably much easier, especially since it's possible to reuse assets from the original game. botw also was pretty much finished back in 2015 and Odyssey was done long before it's release as well.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
This is really stretching, we’ve gotten nothing to suggest that two songs from the same series can’t be uploaded onto the blog.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
Are you in charge of the blog? Where is this music rule coming from like seriously

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Too late to rule out Dark Samus now...but not too late to root for Goomba & Koopa duo
"Ton"

Besides Pokemon, which gets special treatment, and Lil'Judd on Moray Towers, which probably took a day at most, what is there?
Well Mario has Odyssey related content (including Cappy, singing Pauline and her NDC, and I suppose Captain Toad/Toadette) and Zelda has BOTW content in (Link and Sheik especially). I’m leaving out music from recent titles like FEHeroes and Samus Returns since that’s easy to bring over

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
This is really stretching, we’ve gotten nothing to suggest that two songs from the same series can’t be uploaded onto the blog.
They are clearly avoiding that, you can't say it's not deliberate at this point

That being said, they can always make some exception for newcomers, it's not THAT set in stone.

Untouch

Smash Master
part of me hopes skull king is confirmed tomorrow just so this nonexistant "music rule" is debunked

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I thought everyone agreed that there are no limited spots.

Besides, he's first party and easy to model, plus he has a MASSIVE moveset potential. If he isn't in the base roster he could be DLC.
I don't know why you say that when Sakurai did indeed say not to expect as many newcomers.
There very much are a sort of limited spots for newcomers this game and I don't see why people feel otherwise. I'd genuinely enjoy to see an explanation though. Please change my mind. I'm hopeless.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just for more fun.

Cloud vs. Sephiroth
Ike vs. Black Knight
Little Mac vs. King Hippo
Mega Man vs. Dr. Wily
Pit vs. Medusa
Ryu vs. Akuma
Shulk vs. Zanza
Sonic vs. Dr. Eggman
Wario vs. Captain Syrup

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Music theory is dumb.

They could just be holding off on certain newcomers that are from, say, Mario or Zelda, and also save music for them or simply keep their music exclusive to their trailer. This also kills Kirby's chances at a newcomer, and Yoshi's, so you've killed all the hopes of the Bandana Dee fans as well as anyone wanting a Yoshi rep. (Kamek?) Also, F-Zero, Street Fighter, Pikmin...

And Brinstar Depths wasn't in Ridley's trailer; it was in Dark Samus's reveal. Bloody Tears / Monster Dance never played during Simon and Richter's reveal.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
As much as I love Pikmin (2 especially), the new track doesnt do much for me. After the sick beats that Fortress Boss laid down, it pretty hard to compete. At least its better that [ENVIRONMENTAL NOISES] (WHY?) from Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Doesn't Dark Samus debunk the theory? Brinstar Depths' remix was up since E3.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the music theory. It seems very reminiscent of things like "too big" and "not relevant".

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The Pikmin music was meant for next week based on the numbering of post, so its safe to assume that this week's was suppose to be for the character who was to be shown off last week. Since there is only one song per series its unlikely the character will be one from a series that already has a song. This rules out Mario, Zelda and Kirby right off the bat.
(Citation needed)

As NintenZ NintenZ said, they could post a second track from a series that already has a song?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom